• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fastest speed in a car ?

^ I mean, if you put enough money in almost any car, it's possible.

But, getting 550hp at the wheels, in a single turbo 3 rotor seems crazy. Even the best dual turbos topped out at 270hp and the crank. You would have to build the hell out of that thing.

Plus, you would need one hell of a numerically low rear since these things were never really known for their torque.

Not saying it can't be done, just that a lot of money and effort were put in it.

Right around 130 when I had my 96 impala ss. Felt like it had plenty left just didn't wanna push it with such a big car. Wish I could find another one

the mazda rx-7? there's no way that car does >190mph. i call total bullshit.

alasdair

I agree, pluss the dash wouldn't even be able to tell you how fast your going at that point. And thats in km/h.

10.jpg

275209d1199860966-gauge-mod-dscn1678.jpg

mscluster.jpg

300 km/h = 186.411 mph

I pretty much topped out my Dad's Jaguar X-Type when I was younger. It was drag limited to 130mph I believe and I was just a shade under that, probably about 128mph.

On a bike, bicycle that is, I've done a shade over 30, maybe 34 at most according to one of those cheapo spedometer deals you can clip on your bike, not sure how accurate they are. Was probably at least 25mph, if not 30mph. There's a HUGE hill near my buddy's place and you would be moving pretty damn quick by the bottom of it.

Yea id say that i topped out at around 30 downhill on a bike

Mine was 49.8 mph (confirmed by bike computer) (in the hills above Richmond, CA, the fruit of 1500 ft. of elevation gain). It's kind of hard to avoid wondering what would happen if you blew a tire on the way down. . .

ebola

Mine was 49.8 mph (confirmed by bike computer) (in the hills above Richmond, CA, the fruit of 1500 ft. of elevation gain). It's kind of hard to avoid wondering what would happen if you blew a tire on the way down. . .

ebola

You ever see the video of the guy setting the bicycle land speed record down the valcano. Looked like he hit a small bump carbon fork exploded. Pretty wild check it out.

Fastest driven: 132mph on highway
My radar went off fucking cop came onto the highway and clocked me going 127mph

Throwing tickets at me, I was 17 and dumb..
127mph/50mph zone
Invalid insurance
Racing on a highway
Fines on fines on fines
No lawyer. I apologized to the cop couple days before court and lost my license for 30days and got 4 points on my license.. Got the racing and insurance ticket thrown out then the speeding ticket knocked down 79mph/50mph.. Sometimes it pays off to be respectful and not be an ass, boy was I lucky.. This is in NJ BTW.. I was last year to get provisional without those stickers and regulations on license plate.

160mph in my dads souped up Trans Am on hwy 94 in San Diego
200mph in a race car
123mph in a semi truck. I used to work for a Nascar Sprint cup Team, one of the most famous ones. I had 1 rule, you're late, you're FIRED NO exceptions, handed me a 50,000 credit Card and a phone number to an Attorney that was on call 24/7 n case I ever had a problem. Going that fast in a commercial vehicle is a Felony and they arrest you and impound the truck. I was in Texas going to Phoenix on a part of the road thats flat and straight for miles, it was 3am in the middle of BFE an had been on cruise control for 30 minutes at 120mph when I got pulled over :( And of course it was a clone of Buford T. Justice (Jackie Gleason from Smokie & The Bandit) I'm not shitting lol I got a warning and it was "Boy, do me a favor, keep it under 100". The price for that was 2 race shirts and 2 race hats :)

I was thinking the same about getting a single turbo rx-7 up near 200mph, especially smoothly.

@snakeyes: What were the vehicles?

I think we all know speed is stupid. However, most of us were stupid teenagers at one point too.

The 135mph was on a Honda CBR 600 and the 160+ was in a 6 speed single turbo supra.

Would have been on one of my drives through Germany, Autobahn. Cruising at 130/150mph, maintaining braking distance. Eats up miles.

Same arena for my own 'top speed' which was as a passenger at 140mph. It doesn't feel that fast on autobahn.

Can't remember, maybe 120 in my friends parents van. The same friend let me race around his suv when I was learned to drive. One of my first times driving was racing it in the middle of the night through country backroads.

Dick sizing about reckless driving doesn't have to do with speed as it does with danger. Whipping through snow/ice/black ice in a RWD stick is more exciting than going 500mph in a spaceship.

And currently due to my drug use I drive a moped, and it's January, but whatevs. I have a car just no license yet:|