• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

If you could have an endless supply of/only use one drug for the rest of your life...

Excuse me, the majority. Not everyone of course. Always exceptions, I just don't typically cater my posts to them.

i'm with you 'love in vein'. i've used and abused just about everything... and for me, heroin is the only drug i can use every day. the only limiting factor is money. if i had $50 a day to spend on dope i would be happy and content for years. unfortunately, i find it difficult to come up with the money i need to maintain my habit. save a spot for me in de-tox. haha.

First, I'm going to agree completely with Ayrios. Like he said, there are always exceptions. But most people don't seem to use ecstasy for more than 2-4 years.
I started using ecstasy towards the end of 1996. There were about 20 of my friends that had started using around the same time. NONE of us use it anymore. It either lost the magic or people complained of memory loss, depression, anxiety and other problems or both.
i'm with you 'love in vein'. i've used and abused just about everything... and for me, heroin is the only drug i can use every day. the only limiting factor is money. if i had $50 a day to spend on dope i would be happy and content for years. unfortunately, i find it difficult to come up with the money i need to maintain my habit. save a spot for me in de-tox. haha.
Well, I started off about a year and a half ago using less than $20 a day. I can still get by on $20, but it really takes me at least $60 to get where I want. So I don't think $50 would have you satisfied for more than a year or two.
And yeah, I can't maintain my habit anymore, either. I had quit for about 2 months at the end of summer, but I'm back at it again. I'm going back to rehab starting Monday.

I would say Shrooms or MDA/MDMA because of the insight and empathogenic feelings. It would be a hard call i guess in a split second decision it would be MDA. Because some of the best experiances of my life have been on this.

i would say oxycontin, it lasts forever and makes you feel stoned, but weed and booze are close

i dont really get this question, take one drug, all the time for the rest of my life, or have only one drug available to consume for the rest of my life..
either way it'd be a tossup. providing i have infinate seratonin, MDMA would be it.
realistically, most definately acid. it does it all for me, makes me extremely happy and excited, gives me visuals and hightened aweareness, anethatises me AND makes me more sensitive, makes me dopey/sleepy, makes me hyper and energised, gives me spiritual experiences and generally makes me a better person..
it would probably be the only drug which can make me experience all these..

LOL @ Raverforlife, Sorry it's just the thought of only doing shrooms for the rest of my life is funny to me, since I often just feel so detached and for lack of a thesauras, weird while I'm on them; A shrooms-only life is quite the concept.
As for me, I would have to say coke; while I'm on it I always remain "myself" to an extent, where with E I am just a big happy moron. Coke intensifies my senses and feelings but the feelings and senses themselves remain true.

I'm with Ayrios - most of those who are so keen on MDMA won't be in a few years.
Also, you're not taking into account the fact that you can't take MDMA 2-3 times a week (for example) for long periods of time without suffering some nasty side effects. So if you've chosen MDMA as your one drug, you can, for practical purposes, probably only take it a few times a month. Which means you spend the rest of that month sober. Which would be boring.
So I'm going to agree with Fairnymph and say caffeine - it keeps me awake, I can take it at work or in a social setting, if I need to stay up all night I can take caffeine pills.
Second choice would be alcohol, not because I like it a lot but because its easy to take in low doses (e.g. a couple of drinks with a meal or while watching the football) without nasty side effects.
If I was allowed those two free, and the topic refers to illegal drugs, then I'd say MDMA.

LSD for sure, every other substance is a hedonistic psychotropic escape from reality, for me acid is an intensification of reality, so much so that on it i perfectly comprehend my place and function in the space/time continum.

i'm temtpted to say mdma or ketamine cos i had such a good trip on them both on new years day, but if i put my thinking cap on then it would be weed.

I noticed that some people were picking out some of us, about our choice. I don't see anyone ripping on people for use other drugs. I not trying to start a flaming contest. I just think that a question was asked we all were answering it under the given guidlines. There is no need to ridicule them for their choose. I'll even give a reason. They are different then you are.
Which seems the be a consensus on BL that this has a major effect. IMPO I love X. I have used it the past 2 years a total of 16 times. I will continue to use it. So enough said. Sorry to intrupt..
Be safe, Enjoy the ride..

Just so I can say I threw my 2 cents in, if I had an everlasting supply of a drug for the rest of my life, it would definetly be meth, heh it's my all time fave. up to this point, but I suppose I would have to try all the other drugs I have yet to try, otherwise there might be something I'm missing out on....

This is a very hard question to awnser, luckly I will never have to make this choice in my lifetime at least i hope not. My first thought was pure heroin. then came Ketamine, alachol and weed. . . . . After a little debating i would still choose the pure heroin due to that i get board with weed, i woundnt want my liver to rot from all the alachol. and while i love being in a k-hole i cant see it working out for me in thelong run. So i choose heroin because with an infinit amount, i would not have to worry about getting sick and all the other problems with heroin addiction.
[ 07 January 2003: Message edited by: DigitalTweak ]

Some nasty ass LSD. I have never once had a bad thought or anything while trippin. I love the way it makes me think and examine things. And i would be a giggling mess for the rest of my life too...heh. Peace!!!
[ 07 January 2003: Message edited by: Icey ]

either way it'd be a tossup. providing i have infinate seratonin, MDMA would be it.
It's not simply a lack of serotonin that causes MDMA to stop having all it's positive effects.
And even if humans do not have an infinite amount of serotonin, it's unlikely that you could ever deplete it simply taking MDMA. I've known people who've taken it for years and years and are fine after they stop using it for a few months.
Part of the problem is likely related to the fact that it destroys axon terminals on the neurons that produce and release serotonin. And even though some of the axon terminals regrow, they're deformed and probably do not function properly.
There still hasn't been enough research done. Yet having known dozens of ecstasy users and watching what happens to most (not all, there are some people who seem mostly immune to the negative effects) it makes sense.