• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD What Are You Munching On? v. Godlike steaks & shitting candles.

Yep, Warburtons Toastie is a fave of mine...

For sandwichs i love a fresh bloomer that has a well done crust and covered in poppy seeds.. mmm,mmmm,mmmmmm...:)

As far as supermarket bread goes, I like Hovis Wholemeal thick sliced... or Allinsons Wholemeal.

Had a lovely homemade lasagne for dinner tonight, portions were probably big enough for 2... :p

I actually ate PROPERLY today.

Bagel for brekky, yoghurt and banana and grapes for lunch and fishcake and salad and a few wedges for dinner.

Reasonably healthy, idk, good enough for me.

B0-RP84IIAAxkAo.png

Loving the pie love Dan!

As per usual I had my 3 oatcakes and an apple today. I've prepared and sorted a roast beef dinner (beef from the freezer, previously roasted n' sliced) but neither of us are hungry to eat it. What a shame / waste :\

I got 3 big packs of Monster Munch from my local shop this afternoon on my way home: Pickled onion, Beef, and Flamin' Hot. Only eaten the beef ones so far but the classic pickled onion have to be my favourite. They also do Space Raiders there but they're 20p now! What is this world coming to?

Just chewed a waklert 150, tasted nasty. Surprisingly not that hungry yet, going to power through until breakfast time on armodafinil, coca cola & haribo.

Might try a gluten free Italian cafe for breakfast or lunch, I haven't had any pizza for over 6 months, but it'll still probably suck, gf bread sucks. Just these photos of pies, bread & pancakes are killing me, I can't eat any of that. Found a place that sells gluten free pork pies, but they're the worst thing ever, I think they're pork free too.

Rhombus, never mind space raiders, chomps are 25p now! I blame Kraft.

25p for a chomp? What the shit!?

And now the bastards have stopped making chocolate coins. Looks like the satsuma will be the tastiest thing in my christmas stocking this year...

Also if you need gluten free stuff and you want it to be tasty, I recommend looking into learning about baking your own stuff. There's a few different gluten free flours you can try which are good depending on what you want to bake with them. TBH they generally won't be as good as the wheat flour stuff, but freshly baked is a million times better than any GF stuff you buy in a supermarket, which because of the relatively low sales tend to have a massive shelf life and have a texture like foam rubber. You can definitely do GF brownies that are pretty much as good as wheat ones. Bread is a bit harder but definitely doable.

Special request for a puff pastry pizza here tonight. It's mega calorific and fat but tasty. So it'll be a wee bit for me with something salady and a mega slab for him with extra cheese and pepperoni 8)

men eh...

tonight had pork chops, turnip and mashed spuds for dinner. baked the chops in an oven at 180* for an hour and covered in a sauce made from the following

red sauce, bbq sauce, soy sauce, sunflower oil, salt, pepper, brown sugar, lemon juice and worcestershire sauce.

tonight had pork chops, turnip and mashed spuds for dinner. baked the chops in an oven at 180* for an hour and covered in a sauce made from the following

red sauce, bbq sauce, soy sauce, sunflower oil, salt, pepper, brown sugar, lemon juice and worcestershire sauce.

Sounds tasty and man-size filling :D Big question is it a turnip a turnip or a swede?

Here in Scotland what we name turnips the English call swedes. I'm not fond of swede but love turnip especially mashed with tatties. So Mr Bogman, not far over the water from me - is it turnip or swede :D

I'm doing carbonara tonight, at one point. My appetite is zilch at the moment, but I know i need a meal. I'm living of an apple and 2 oatcakes daily just now. The man loves carbonara, garlicy too - so I'm happy to oblige <3

Big question is it a turnip a turnip or a swede?

Good question. So in Scotland what do you call a turnip if that name is already taken? Is that what neeps are?
The Americans call swedes Rutabagas. And what are mangel wurzels? It's all very confusing.

But I do like swedes. Especially raw, absolutely delicious :) As kids we used to carve them at hallowe'e'eee'n instead of pumpkins, which I guess we couldn't get. That taught us good hand strength and manual dexterity from a young age!

Good question. So in Scotland what do you call a turnip if that name is already taken? Is that what neeps are?
The Americans call swedes Rutabagas. And what are mangel wurzels? It's all very confusing.

But I do like swedes. Especially raw, absolutely delicious :) As kids we used to carve them at hallowe'e'eee'n instead of pumpkins, which I guess we couldn't get. That taught us good hand strength and manual dexterity from a young age!

Aye, what I call a turnip is also known locally in Scotland as a neep - as in neeps, haggis n' tatties. As a kid it was always a turnip we carved out (hard bloody work as that veg is tough and yeh you need good knife and carving skills - pumpkins are soo easy in comparison) to make lanterns etc. Dipping for apples and treacle scones is another post lol.

I've never heard of rutagagas or the like. Swedes for me are much smaller, and yeh I guess sweeter, white with a purple tinge. Maybe I'm not too sure how I should be preparing them. Maybe raw in salads?

Felix says you've been about for a while and remembers you from before the great password fuck up of Oct 2005 <3 So hello!

I've never heard of rutagagas or the like. Swedes for me are much smaller, and yeh I guess sweeter, white with a purple tinge. Maybe I'm not too sure how I should be preparing them. Maybe raw in salads?

I assume you are still talking about turnips when you say white with a purple tinge.

I've noticed you can gets swedes than are fairly white, whilst others that are yellow. And I mean actual swedes... I think it's just shitty Co-Op that sells the whiter ones. The yellow swede are much nicer & make for great mashed veg.

As for my dinner, my Dad whipped us up haddock in a provençal sauce with mashed tatties & green beans. Very tasty meal. :)

I assume you are still talking about turnips when you say white with a purple tinge.

I've noticed you can gets swedes than are fairly white, whilst others that are yellow. And I mean actual swedes... I think it's just shitty Co-Op that sells the whiter ones. The yellow swede are much nicer & make for great mashed veg.

As for my dinner, my Dad whipped us up haddock in a provençal sauce with mashed tatties & green beans. Very tasty meal. :)

As a Scottish person are you talking Scottish turnip or English swede? 8):D I consider anything quite small, say apple / grapefruit sized, white with purplish tinge a swede for me! Larger round, say melon sized, yellowish and creamy are turnips. They're a bugger to cut and prepare they're so hard. You couldn't carve a lantern from a swede. I think it is a Scottish thing, mislabelling a bit like rolls (baps) and slice (do they even have square sausage down south - nope), we do it differently here up north :)

Anyhoo I'm not mashing a swede, or carving it. Give me a turnip any day!

Your dad sounds like a great cook. Haddock is lovely.

I've still not started dinner - its prepped in the fridge but no where near the cooker 8)

Stop typing & get it cooked then, tsk. 8)

Yeah both my parents are great cooks. I've never tried doing a provençal sauce before but sure I could. Not cooking for myself very often since I'm staying with my folks a the moment.

I was talking about swedes... apparently they are called yellow turnips by some:

As opposed to actual turnips, which are small:

Even I am getting confused now... =D

^
I think I'm going to have to out you chatative as not being a Scottish person. You obviously have the whole neep thing wrong.

:p