Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can an anyone relate?

Sort of. I was doing very well the entire summer up to the end of September. I've been on a steady decline since then and a few entirely new symptoms have emerged 11 months into this shit. I get extremely fatigued both physically and mentally from eating food. About 1-3 hours after eating a meal I'm just totally fatigued. It seems to have improved the last few days, and now my fatigue after eating is mostly mental as you describe. Maybe you have something similar and it hits you a few hours after breakfast?

Deltron, bicycle-

I always had slight compulsions and I remember crying sometimes when I was younger because I had trouble with intrusive thoughts. Also I had a panic disorder a few years back where in retrospect I was displaying OCD behavior. Its just something we stumbled upon during therapy. I never thought of those things as odd before.

Scared, Story-

Have you ever thought about this new fatigue being psychological? I mean you guys have been fighting hard for a long time and now that things are starting to become good again you get hit with fatigue. Could it be that now you are 'safe' your body finally lets go and "crashes" from the fight? I say this because before my LTC I was working like a madman and when I finally took time off and cut off a lot of responsibilities all of a sudden I even had trouble walking up the stairs. Theres also countless of stories about entrepreneurs getting heart attacks/ill only after selling their business and on vacation.

Deltron, bicycle-

I always had slight compulsions and I remember crying sometimes when I was younger because I had trouble with intrusive thoughts. Also I had a panic disorder a few years back where in retrospect I was displaying OCD behavior.

But it went away and you had a normal life, didnt you? Dont you think these intrusive thoughts and compulsion are just a result of LTC and has nothing to do with the sickness in your early times ?
I mean, nearly all of us are fighting with intrusive thoughts as a reaction of this whole bunch of change, but I dont know if it should be defined as OCD.

Guys, I've been going hardcore with the exercise/eating healthy routine. I'm actually reaching exercise goals that I've never reached my 21 years on this earth. Perhaps, it might be my diet, albeit I get more than enough nutrients.

Scared- you know eating does fatigue more than not eating - that's a natural. I highly recommend getting on a life changing diet/exercise routine because I've told myself thus far that I might be defeated mentally but I will never be defeated physically. And I'm kicking ass physically - I tell ya'.

I'm getting quite scared because I'm an entrepreneur and I need my mental stability to be at optimal levels, which it hasn't for the past week. Going to see a doctor soon... Here's my hypochondria kicking in that it might be something else (new). I've never reached a point where I felt mentally fatigued after all the general anxiety symptoms. Is it a sign of depression? Although I wen through that, I feel that the anxiety being at the bay may leave room for the depression trying to kick in. Since I've been eating extraordinary well and running everyday, I don't think my mood is letting my mind be depressed. Thoughts?

Freaking the Fuck out. I can't sleep. I still have terrible insomnia. This is insane. I swear I would have recovered by now of I can get a handle of my sleep. Its so bad, I just want to end my god Damn life just because of lack of sleep. Not depression or any anxiety, but because I can't sleep.

I have no idea what to do anymore.

pmz:
what problems do you have exactly? Falling asleep? Staying asleep? bad/vivid dreams?
I take Valdoxan for 2 1/2 month now and sleep got better i would say. But it makes me sleep about 10 hours before Im "fit".

Hey guys, another update:
Anxiety: ocassionaly
Depression: mild/nearly gone
Fatigue: gone
DP/DR/strange vision: pops out on occasion
Insomnia: mild
Brain fog: GONE!
Weird thoughts: occassionally
Cognitive problems(short term memory, etc.): At its old level!

I made the step moving back from my parents house to my appartment and going to university. I do A LOT of sports, as running and I joined a Basketball team. I never was as sportive as I am now. I think that is the key in recovery. And Im still taking Valdoxan(3 month now) but i dont know if it caused the improvement, maybe its a mix of all I changed in my life.

But I still have some major problems. The biggest one is thinking about progress, future and considering not to get recovered.
Everytime I notice I am supposed to be sick or a a symptom kicks in again I crash. I just worry.
Wondering about if Im able to drink with my friends again,
wondering if I am going to be able to handle a relationship again (3 years relationship crashed because of the LTC),
and things like this.
It feels like Im trapped in this thoughtspiral even if I made so much progress. Sometimes I feel very good but there is always this slight doubt in my neck.
Physically Im good at all, I have no body symptoms, except from tinnitus(1-2 times a week for a few seconds/minutes).
My LTC is only about worrying, intrusive thoughts and doubts (and maybe blurry or morving vision sometimtes) meanwhile.
Another absolute killer is reading about guys which never recovered or are fighting with their problems till today, even if it was 10 years back. That fuels my anxiety.

pmz:
what problems do you have exactly? Falling asleep? Staying asleep? bad/vivid dreams?
I take Valdoxan for 2 1/2 month now and sleep got better i would say. But it makes me sleep about 10 hours before Im "fit".

Just falling and staying asleep

Just falling and staying asleep
Have you considered taking Valdoxan? There are no side effects and your symptoms are the reason why its made. Since I take it I have no more problems falling and staying asleep

Have you considered taking Valdoxan? There are no side effects and your symptoms are the reason why its made. Since I take it I have no more problems falling and staying asleep

I'm seeing a sleep doc next week so well see what he thinks.

Freaking the Fuck out. I can't sleep. I still have terrible insomnia. This is insane. I swear I would have recovered by now of I can get a handle of my sleep. Its so bad, I just want to end my god Damn life just because of lack of sleep. Not depression or any anxiety, but because I can't sleep.

I have no idea what to do anymore.

Hey pmz, I'm sincerely sorry to read that you're struggling with sleep.

If you don't mind me asking, do you find that your mind is racing when trying to sleep? Or, are you unable to sleep because you can feel your heartbeat pounding throughout your entire body?

If it's not due to either of the two aforementioned examples, is there a specific symptom (or symptoms) that you have observed while trying to sleep which you feel could be contributing to your insomnia?

For about 4 months, I had a really difficult time with sleep, right before my LTC started. I should have taken it as a warning to get my shit together, but I didn't :(

Edit - Not sure if you're doing aerobic and/or weight resistance exercise close to bedtime, but that can contribute to insomnia as well.

Hey pmz, I'm sincerely sorry to read that you're struggling with sleep.

If you don't mind me asking, do you find that your mind is racing when trying to sleep? Or, are you unable to sleep because you can feel your heartbeat pounding throughout your entire body?

If it's not due to either of the two aforementioned examples, is there a specific symptom (or symptoms) that you have observed while trying to sleep which you feel could be contributing to your insomnia?

For about 4 months, I had a really difficult time with sleep, right before my LTC started. I should have taken it as a warning to get my shit together, but I didn't :(

Edit - Not sure if you're doing aerobic and/or weight resistance exercise close to bedtime, but that can contribute to insomnia as well.

No heart racing or mind racing. As far a bodily stuff, thats not it.

Its just that I cant turn my mind off. Not in an anxiety way, Ive had this issue my entire life. I have trouble falling asleep as I cant turn my mind off. But its never been this bad, usually It takes me an hour to fall asleep. My issue, is not staying alseep. I wake up way too often to call any sleep now a ways a sufficienct amount of sleep. Ill wake up and have trouble falling back asleep multiple times a night. Ive kind of always had this issue, but its never been this bad. Its bothering me, because I feel like the lack of sleep is whats keeping me in this shit. I cant get my head right. I wake up tired still and it takes me hours some days to fully wake up.

Its like my mind/body just isnt tired when I hit my bed. Ive tried reading, meditating, tea, beating off. I may fall alseep better nights than others, but nothing keeps me from waking up multiple times. No bad dreams or nightmares either.

its frustrating, because I still feel like my memory is fucked. and my brain doesnt absorb information or precess as fast. Its like I still get overwhelmed with details. I even still have trouble reading. I feel like proper sleep can help so much of this.

and yes, I still have anxiety through out the day. Not heart pounding anxiety, just a tightness in my chest and uncomfortable feeling anxiety. Nothing thats overpowering and terrible, but the anxiety is still there.

I feel like this anxiety that is there is still blocking out alot of my emotions. Like finding it hard to get truely excited and giddy. Music still lacks that euphoria and pump to it. I just feel that anxiety is overriding other feelings that make me feel good.

Now dont get me wrong. I still ca have a great time, be very happy. Joke around. Im extremely social and charismatic, honestly maybe even more so before this LTC. I enjoy talking to anyone and everyone. and have no issue talking in front of large groups. But there is still this level of anxiety that is always in the back of my mind.

I compare my life right now like going to a show with a tiny pin in your shoe. The music, the people, the crowd is perfect, but the pain from dancing with a pin in your shoe digging into your foot is all you can feel and keeping you from actually enjoying the musing and scene. Thats how I feel. I cant get the pin out.

and with that said. Might as well include my vision is still snowy and spacy, I dont have brain fog so much, but I know my head doesnt work as good. my memory I feel is wayyyyyyy better, but still wayyy off. Work is tricky when I gets busy, I feel overwhelmed easily and make mistakes alot. and still experiance depression. But that could also be situational yet amplified but the LTC. The tingling in my tongue is very rare now a days and only comes back for minuets at a time when it does happen, and I dont notice the weirdness of my own voice nearly as much. sexual desire is back to normal. and energy is still lacking (due to sleep i think) at night, I can be wide awake and have tons of energy, but thats because it takes me a while to wake up. and I can drink and smoke pot. But Im taking another break from that, as I was smoking daily, wayyyyy to much and I think it was effecting me. Though, it think it was actually helping me sleep, it was causing a burnt out feeling the next day, which was totally manageable, but Id rather not deal with it.

overall, im really happy with where I am. A lot of it is from PSTD from how I felt a year ago. My mind is still not convinced Im as confident going back into engineering type work. I still have alot of negitive thoughts happening. and find it hard to really feel at ease.

But, im happy I can be social, thats kind of one of my main concerns originally. I just have more of a fear now, getting close to people and "let them in" to my issues. But Its not too much of an problem.

Who else here has been experiencing a loss of emotions connectivity? Like excitement and a bubbling feeling. Its so fucking with my head still that I cant connect with this happiness either. Thats my main thing I forgot to mention. Like I kind of feel like I cant really get to my happiness or joy. Like anhedonia. Its plays out over and over again when I listen to music. Im kind of scared to go to this show tonight and get depressed, because I cant connect to the music like I once used to. Even when Im not depressed, I dont experiance this feeling of joy to things. Like I find it hard to get passionate and excited. annoying. Its what Im totally scared about.

Last edited:
@Macenroe - I thought about your recent post when re-reading some of FBC's descriptions about DP, DR and HPPD.

First Bad Comedown said:
Can you remember feeling that a part of you never changed with age?
Most people say yes to this question.
From about the age of 10 onward, there is a part of our personalities that seem static. Defined.
Permanent.

Years can pass, you become an adult, yet this core identity that has always been there still exists deep inside you.
You see them in the mirror staring back at you.

No longer.
Something is wrong.
This deep protected core has been breached.
What is left of you is withering away!

You stare into the mirror and you conclude - I am dead.
Lifeless eyes stare back at you.
There is something vacant about your eyes and you see it every time you look.
Nothing convinces you more than this - something is terribly wrong.
Horrified, you learn to stop looking.

What about you ro4eva, did you experienced those periods of time during your recovery where you felt almost healed for a full week and then suddenly had a setback?

Sorry for the late reply, been really busy as of late.

To answer your question(s) - Absolutely yes I've experienced what has felt like setbacks during my time on the mend. I called them 'bumps on the road.'

Also, every night, I always feel like 90%, with minimum symptoms but then I wake up next morning feeling like shit away, it's a never ending cycle. Can anybody with a LTC relate to this cycle? Everyday around 6pm, I improve a lot but then I wake up every morning dizzy, with derealization, and anxiety again, almost like vertigo's symptoms.

It was the same for me.

Waking up in the morning - I always was at my worst with respect to the severity of symptoms.

As the day went on, my symptoms would decrease in severity, and by around 7 or 8pm, I'd be feeling noticeably better, but not 100%. Some form of aerobic exercise during each day that I did some helped me to feel even better on top of this.

Unfortunately, after I would go to sleep and wake up, I'd feel like complete shit again.

I tried everything to change this.

I went to a sleep clinic. I bought a new bed, mattress, and some really expensive pillows, but it didn't make a difference. And I also tried to change the amount of hours that I slept each night as well. Ironically, the less I would sleep each night, the better I would feel in the morning. How messed up is that, huh? It's the truth though.

To this day, I still cannot explain why this happened, but perhaps it was due to fluctuations in serotonin levels in synapses. I had a nagging suspicion that there was something toxic lingering around in my brain due to the ecstasy use, and I began to wonder if using an SSRI for a bit would help to flush it out completely. It's just a theory, but I did get a lot better after 8 months on Zoloft. And I mean A LOT better.

That being said, I am not endorsing SSRI usage, or any other medication for that matter. You alone need to make that decision. They are potent drugs with potentially serious side effects. Yes, I did end up using three medications to recover, but this may not be the answer for everyone (although I wish it was - would be easier to help anyone suffering from this terrible condition).

Just to finish with, when I look into the mirror, I cannot connect with my eyes, like if my staring was spaced out, empty, I look dizzy and disoriented.

When I felt almost recovered for those 2 weeks, my eyes had a better look and I didn't look that spaced out when looking into the mirror.

Can you relate to this?

Please help!

I've also experienced what you are describing regarding the mirror. It's gone now, but I remember it well.

Since you mention one of them, there was a lot of weird things happening to me when I was sick with this so-called (horrendous) Long Term Comedown. I tried to jot it all down in a journal I kept, but it would have been better if I had used a digital voice recorder or something like that.

I'm sorry if I missed you mentioning any of this, but have you tried using medications at all for this? It may be what is needed for you to improve long term.

I'm not talking about a band-aid effect here. What I mean is that there may be a medication which you go on for a few months to perhaps a year, then you taper off, and the symptoms will never return as long as you don't use anything which may cause another LTC. Something that is toxic to serotonin axons, I'm thinking. It might not even be the drug itself, but rather the precursor chemicals used to synthesize it, but they weren't properly washed off or removed from the final product. Some of these precursors are extremely toxic to our vital organs in surprisingly small amounts.

Anyways, again, I apologize for the late reply.

I hope I've answered your questions, and I will answer more if possible.

Hang in there, you're not alone, I believe I understand what you're going through, it's a pain in the ass I know.

I hope you recover, and I firmly believe you can recover 100% with the proper treatment.

Have a wonderful day Macenroe :)

Last edited:
Sort of. I was doing very well the entire summer up to the end of September. I've been on a steady decline since then and a few entirely new symptoms have emerged 11 months into this shit. I get extremely fatigued both physically and mentally from eating food. About 1-3 hours after eating a meal I'm just totally fatigued. It seems to have improved the last few days, and now my fatigue after eating is mostly mental as you describe. Maybe you have something similar and it hits you a few hours after breakfast?

It's pretty common to feel some fatigue after eating if you eat unhealthy. What does your diet look like? If you eat fruits and veggies then feel fatigue after that is uncommon. However, if you eat a cheeseburger and fries then feel fatigue it is obviously because you just fueled your body with trash.

^ Good to see you bro, how are you holding up?
It's pretty common to feel some fatigue after eating if you eat unhealthy. What does your diet look like? If you eat fruits and veggies then feel fatigue after that is uncommon. However, if you eat a cheeseburger and fries then feel fatigue it is obviously because you just fueled your body with trash.
I don't eat unhealthy at all, I work out multiple times a week and have a pretty good balance of prot/carbs and fats in my diet. It's normal to get fatigued after a meal high in carbs, unhealthy or not, and I am very familiar with this. What I'm experiencing now is something much much more severe. It does seem like it has improved quite a bit though. It might be one of those 2-4 week symptoms that has emerged, left, and re-emerged throughout my LTC.

@ScaredFirstTimer

I've been doing really well. I have made great progress over the last 10 months and it seems like the only thing symptoms I deal with are weird damaged nerve sensations on my scalp and brain fog. There are times where my brain fog has been non-existent but has come back recently in the last week and a half. I'm waiting for the day it goes away for good. In the mean time I've been living healthy - overall good diet and no drugs whatsoever (including caffeine and alcohol).

I hope it's just a couple week ordeal then it dissipates. I'm in a similar position with my brain fog coming back recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.