• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Methoxmetamine / MXM Thread

Thanks for the report Mundane. I really hope it's not too similar or cold as DXM though. I've given up trying to source MXE (never tried it). I really have high hopes for MXM.

It's definitely colder or more alien than MXE, but as someone who enjoys DXM I would say MXM is definitely more enjoyable than DXM.

I feel like I'm scaring you all away from it and that's not my intention. I don't claim to be an expert on MXM. I've tried it maybe five times, most of those in conjunction with MXE or another drug. Someone else chime in or nobody else is going to order it and it's going to disappear.

Last edited:
It's definitely colder or more alien than MXE, but as someone who enjoys DXM I would say MXM is definitely more enjoyable than DXM.

I feel like I'm scaring you all away from it and that's not my intention. I don't claim to be an expert on MXM. I've tried it maybe five times, most of those in conjunction with MXE or another drug. Someone else chime in or nobody else is going to order it and it's going to disappear.

Not at all, we're all different. Even if it does have it's similarities i think the main advantage would be MXM's duration vs DXM's with less side effects. What's your route of administration if you don't mind me asking?

Been waiting to try this! It's finally Friday and got my shipment in. Have just dosed 50mg via IM. Will report back soon.

5h 49m later: So all I can say is: woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow I like MXM a lot. Full report tomorrow!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just have to say, I love how it seems every new Big & Dandy (for new substances) always starts with at least a page of arguments about semantics.

Can't wait to try this out, the diphenidine derivatives did NOT sound appealing. I'm still waiting for a reliable Ketamine replacement. MXE was spectacular but it lacked the magic and the stimulation was too great.

A reduced potency and duration, while being a negative, may actually be a good thing for dissociative users. Decreased consumption and less likelihood of enduring manic episodes.

Or increased consumtion due to higher dosage and most particular lowered duration, ie, more redoses. I guess we'll see. It doesn't sound that appealing to me. MXE is my favorite dissociative, unlike you I find it to be utterly magical, much moreso than ketamine. And stimulating in a non-stimulating way. It makes me not tired but also relaxed.

I just have to say, I love how it seems every new Big & Dandy (for new substances) always starts with at least a page of arguments about semantics.

Given how poorly this was originally named and that the correct name has caught on I think the semantics on the first page were incredibly productive. :p

Last edited:
Okay so here we are, the answers to all the burning questions I'm sure many of you have about this new substance. I'm not going to go into massively descriptive detail about my trip detailing every development at every 10 minutes because in all honesty it really wasn't that different from any of the other fantastic dissociative experiences that I, or I'm sure many of you have had before. So I just want to give you all the most important, and most relevant details.

With that out of the way let me break it down for you all. First things first:

1) No this is not a replacement for Ketamine.
2) No this is not a replacement for MXE.
3) Yes MXM is FAR AND BEYOND, much better than the latest string of joke dissociative RC's that we've been subjected to. I'm looking at you Diphenidine/Methoxphenidine...!
4) This is a substance that is finally good enough to stand up in it's own light. And be counted along side other great dissociatives. MXM is absolutely worth it's salt, and not to be overlooked.

Next I'm sure you'll want to know how similar MXM is to Ketamine and MXE. And the short answer to that question is that it is far closer to Ketamine than it is to MXE.
MXM is basically everything I imagined and hoped NEK was going to be, but unfortunately wasn't.

For anyone hoping that MXM is going to be like MXE, well it just isn't. So you can all seriously put that question to bed. But with that said, on my first dose of 50mg, at around the 20 minute mark I might have argued that it shared some similar traits to MXE. But after spending the entire day on this substance yesterday I can reveal that when MXM is in full swing it's really nothing like MXE at all.

So onto the summary of effects. MXM is very visual once it gets going, and anyone who's tried, or liked K will be right at home on MXM. At times things were distorted, and shifted around as I changed perspective. But nothing in the realms of the peculiar cubism and distortion that you might experience on a heavy dose of MXE. At no point while I was on MXM did I ever feel uneasy, or unsettled. There were no feelings of nausea, no feelings of panic or distress, and to my relief there were no feelings of head pressure or other anomalies as previously mentioned.

MXM never felt "alien" or "cold". If anything I would describe the experience as completely euphoric, and almost blissful at times. My thoughts were not fragmented or hectic at any point, and they didn't become dark or disturbing. Much like K, MXM can really switch off your senses, and I found myself dancing around the edge of the "hole", drifting in and out. It was really magical. The hole is really great with MXM.

After my first "taster" at 50mg I instantly wanted to find out what MXM really had to offer. And I found that for me MXM really began to shine at around 200mg via IM. However for the record I seriously abused MXE for 2 years straight, with all the hallmark trips to A&E and psychotic episodes that you can attribute to heavily abusing a substance like MXE. Also Ketamine is by far my favourite drug, and I've done just as much of that over the years. So you will really need to play it safe, and test the water like I did to find out what is right for you. As you always should with any new substance.

MXM's effects set in very quickly, in 10 minutes you'll notice all the trademark signs of dissociation, and within 30 minutes you should be firmly locked in, at least with IM anyway. Again much like Ketamine, peak effects last for around 1.5-2 hours, with effects dwindling from there until you are almost completely baseline again by 4 hours. Personally this suits me fine, your mileage may vary. I was able to spend the entire day in dissociated bliss, redosing every 3-4 hours with no ill effects, and even managed a nice little break in between for a chat to my Mum.

I don't know how pure my MXM is because frankly I've no means in which to test it. But the appearance is very floury, with it being of the nature where it can stick to the side of the bag. With a tendancy to clump together a bit. But not in a damp, gross way. Just very floury. MXM dissolves easily into water with only minor heat applied, I'd like to think that this is a good sign regarding it's purity. Something that has been really pissing me off about MXP lately is that it just won't dissolve for shit, and even when it does it fucking clogs up my barrel and heads because it precipitates back into crystals in moments and makes the entire process a pain in the arse.

One last thing to note is that I've only been doing MXP once a weekend for the last few months, as I'm trying to be much smarter and disciplined with my drug use. I've not had anything like stimulants, weed or psychedelics in my system that might have otherwise tainted the experience.

So anyway if you were on the fence about this one, and you have a trustworthy source, and you have a thing for dissociatives like I do then go nuts. Because MXM is seriously great fun.
If any of you have any other questions that I didn't think to answer then fire away and I'll do my best to answer them

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed report boida! Makes me feel better about my decision to order a sample. Will report likewise within a couple weeks.

Thanks for that, I'm really intrigued tho I almost wish I wasn't... after long affairs with K and MXE.

Are you sure the MXP wasn't just always that hard to dissolve? It looks like a less water-soluble molecule to me than MXM.

@Solipsis Yeah that's pretty much what I was getting at. Although some times MXP will dissolve easier than other times. But after getting MXM it really reminded me how easy things used to be!

I decided to try and push MXM's boundary's a bit, in order to try and fully understand the substance. And it seems to me that the 'less travelled' dissociative user will definitely come a cropper if they try and push their luck with this substance. At high doseage MXM is very intense. So heed my words kids, give this one your respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried this insufflated a couple of times, And it feels totally as one would expect. It's half way between ketamine and mxe, in my opinion. It reminds me a lot of both, while still being unique. Personally I actually prefer this to mxe so far, because it' s got that ketamine feel and wierdness, and twist on reality that I really like. Also, this gives me less nausea than mxe, and the bodyload is lighter. I am sure a lot of people are still going to prefer mxe though.

It's for sure less potent, and the duration is slightly shorter, than mxe. But much longer than ketamine. While being less potent than mxe, it's still plenty active. So don't go underestimate it.

Actually, my doses have been the same as with mxe. 25-35 mg snorted get's me to were I wan't to be.

Funny. Insufflated it tastes totally like ketamine.

I agree it's like what NENK should have been. And I think it will get very popular when mxe is gone.

Last edited:
I'll have to give this a try sometime then, it sounds pretty nice from your description. :) I like MXE more than I like ketamine, but I like ketamine too. Something in between could be really nice.

Would those of you who have had this one share more detail about the potency and timelines for the different routes of administration that you've tried? (Including come-up, plateau duration, come down)

I like to snort K, but I take MXE sublingually because snorting is no faster and that way it spares my nose the irritation. Wondering what the best options for MXM might be. (Side note: does anyone eat their MXE? I remember reading at one point that eating it is slower and significantly less potent than sublingual or nasal so I didn't really mess with it)

Last edited:
Side note: does anyone eat their MXE? I remember reading at one point that eating it is slower and significantly less potent than sublingual or nasal so I didn't really mess with it

I always eat it, except when I've eaten recently. In this case, sublingual. I've tried sublingual only twice and didn't notice a significant increase in potency compared to oral. Maybe the duration was shorter sublingually. I would need more experiments in order to draw conclusions.

Rectal MXM, anyone?

I have a serious 3-MeO-PCP habit at the moment so I am totally out of my mind & bat shit crazy, but I'm curious about this new MXM shit everybody's talking about.

Side note: does anyone eat their MXE? I remember reading at one point that eating it is slower and significantly less potent than sublingual or nasal so I didn't really mess with it

I always eat it, except when I've eaten recently. In this case, sublingual. I've tried sublingual only twice and didn't notice a significant increase in potency compared to oral. Maybe the duration was shorter sublingually. I would need more experiments in order to draw conclusions.

I find oral MXE to be the best ROA by far (I have tried oral, sublingual, nasal, rectal and smoked). It's more potent by weight for me (and all my friends) oral than any other method. SUblingual is pretty similar but I just like how it hits me better with oral. I find it to contain the most magic, the best headspace/most psychedelic, and best feeling when taken orally... it reaches the peak by 45 minutes. I need more to reach the same level when I snort it. Rectal is much more potent and is good for holing, but it's much more anesthetic and isn't a good ROA for using it when socializing (which is my favorite way to use MXE), as it's too intense.

I hardly ever use any ROA other than oral, because it's just superior. I have read of a few people having it take forever to come up, but for me and all my friends, it comes up very quick (I feel alerts in 5 minutes and definitely effects start at 10-15 minutes, even if I have eaten recently) and is preferred. Seems to be the most economical too because it lasts a maximum amount of time and doesn't require more per dose than other ROAs.

First off, a little background. I'm a K-fiend, and I need about 400+ mg of K to hole via insufflation, but with MXE, my optimal dose is 60 mg insufflated. I'm not a big fan of MXE, but I do it anyway once in a blue moon.

I just received my order from a very reputable vendor, and the substance I have is extremely fluffy and sticky, it reminds me of 5-MAPB. Does this sound right to you guys? Also, I can normally fill up a dime bag with 1 g of MXE no problem, 1 g of K no problem, 1 g of MDMA no problem. However, I was only able to fill up a dime bag with about 800 mg of this stuff.

Anyway, I first did a 5 mg allergy test, and I was ready. Shortly thereafter, I did a 40 mg line, and 20 minutes later I did a 60 mg line, and I barely felt anything at all...just slight euphoria and possible stimulation. Maybe 30 minutes later, all effects (placebo or not) were gone an I felt sober. To me, it almost felt like 5-MAPB actually, but sniffing it didn't burn at all. But the drip tastes horrible, and cold! Very chemically-tasting. My nostril is very stuffed now.

Anyway, I'm actually a little worried that what I received isn't MXM, but instead some MDMA analogue. Is everybody's MXM very fluffy and sticky? Also, 100 mg of MXM looks like a lot more than 100 mg of MXE.

Lastly, I'm about to head out, but when I get back, I'm gonna try 100 mg oral.

One more thing...when you guys say you do this substance sublingually, how the hell do you do it? Do you just place 100 mg of the powder under your tongue and let it sit? If so, for how long? The two times I tried MXE sublingually, it was very uncomfortable, because my saliva was building up at an extreme rate, to the point where I really just wanted to swallow it because it was getting very close to just dripping out of my mouth between my closed lips lol. So in other words, any tips on doing this sublingually?

Thanks!

I just received my order from a very reputable vendor, and the substance I have is extremely fluffy and sticky, it reminds me of 5-MAPB. Does this sound right to you guys? Also, I can normally fill up a dime bag with 1 g of MXE no problem, 1 g of K no problem, 1 g of MDMA no problem. However, I was only able to fill up a dime bag with about 800 mg of this stuff.

But the drip tastes horrible, and cold! Very chemically-tasting. My nostril is very stuffed now.

Is everybody's MXM very fluffy and sticky? Also, 100 mg of MXM looks like a lot more than 100 mg of MXE

Thanks!
It doesn't sound at all, like what I've got. Mine is pure white, and not sticky or fluffy. The taste insufflated, is a lot like the taste ketamine can have some times, if you know what I mean.
Does the vendor also stock 2-MeO-ketamine? What you write, totally echo my experience with that shit.

Last edited:
If I were to reagent test this stuff, what results can I expect?

And what is the dosage? The TR I saw so far all came with tolarance and I don't have any.

If I were to reagent test this stuff, what results can I expect?

And what is the dosage? The TR I saw so far all came with tolarance and I don't have any.

Best to take 1-2mg and wait a few hours just make sure you didn't get something else and to check for idiosyncratic reactions, then the dosage *should* be similar to ketamine, but as it's a new chem, best to start low and work up. Without tolerance I would probably take 25-35mg my first time. YMMV.