• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK Ketamine Thread v.2 - shortage or not?

Not really....chronic therapeutic dose opiate use has no long term detrimental effect on general health...(I'm talking chronic use here not acute). Ketamine however is extremely detrimental long term.

Its safety as a medical anesthetic is based on one off use not chronic.

As for it being impossible to OD on I'd have to look it up in my little paramedic book thingy but I'm fairly sure it is very possible to OD on ketamine....whether via nasal administration or not then that rather depends on how much you Hoover up at once...

Not really....chronic therapeutic dose opiate use has no long term detrimental effect on general health...(I'm talking chronic use here not acute). Ketamine however is extremely detrimental long term.

Its safety as a medical anesthetic is based on one off use not chronic.

As for it being impossible to OD on I'd have to look it up in my little paramedic book thingy but I'm fairly sure it is very possible to OD on ketamine....whether via nasal administration or not then that rather depends on how much you Hoover up at once...
I just had a quick look and it appears it is indeed possible to overdose on intranasal ketamine. Also as Englandgz74 says repeated use is not the greatest thing you can do for your renal function and your bladder. Yes it may be relatively safe to have a line or two every now and again but long term use is associated with kidney damage / failure which is not something you want happening...not to mention the bladder issues which are related.

Just because its used medically does not mean its safe to use recreationally. We used it occasionally in orthopaedics to manage pain by iv infusion but only when the patient did not respond to opioids, were allergic to all opiates and opioids or if there was concern about respiratory depression. Its only used when all other options are ruled out in my experience primarily because of its renal effects. I am no expert on ketamine by any means but its use medically is quite limited in my experience.

I for one was glad it had a relatively short duration. I love high dose acid, mushies, dmt but there was something distinctly sinister about ketamine. I wont be revisiting it.

I have read a few of your post about Ket and how if effects you - did you Khole in public / club / driving etc? Ket has a mg to effect ratio - that wobbly state is (for me) great fun - the 'hole' is saved for private. I've done loads of acid, DMT and I used to grow mushrooms so took a few g's a week, I can remember being curled up in a ball crying on LSD - did it again though and loved it.

On further research it appears that ketamine is not generally known to cause renal impairment in a medical setting but street k has been due to its effects on the bladder. I thought i should clarify that as the information i posted above was partially incorrect in that respect.

I have read a few of your post about Ket and how if effects you - did you Khole in public / club / driving etc? Ket has a mg to effect ratio - that wobbly state is (for me) great fun - the 'hole' is saved for private. I've done loads of acid, DMT and I used to grow mushrooms so took a few g's a week, I can remember being curled up in a ball crying on LSD - did it again though and loved it.
I did the k at home when i was in Byron. I didn't hole but i was hallucinating like crazy. That in itself is no problem for me obviously but it had a very dark and sinister feel to it. None of the warmth of mushies, acid or dmt. I have never had a bad experience on any of those...no matter how intense things got i always enjoyed them, total ego dissolution on DMT being dissolved into pure white light etc was a walk in the park compared to my k experience. It was just horrible. Never again.

I did the k at home when i was in Byron. I didn't hole but i was hallucinating like crazy. That in itself is no problem for me obviously but it had a very dark and sinister feel to it. None of the warmth of mushies, acid or dmt. I have never had a bad experience on any of those...no matter how intense things got i always enjoyed them, total ego dissolution on DMT being dissolved into pure white light etc was a walk in the park compared to my k experience. It was just horrible. Never again.

Any drug where they give midazolam medically to make you forget how horrible it was kind of puts me off (I'm aware that this involves very high dose K for anethesia but still......I'll pass on the "special" K:))

Any drug where they give midazolam medically to make you forget how horrible it was kind of puts me off (I'm aware that this involves very high dose K for anethesia but still......I'll pass on the "special" K:))
I have only encountered three drugs that i hated. Heroin was one ( thank god but i took it about ten times to make sure..or try to see what the attraction was) , 10 x extract of Salvia was another which i did twice and again i found it to be dark and sinister and K. Everything else i have tried has agreed with me. K is the only one where i have gone never again after the first use.

The onset (and the drip) can be brutal if your doing lines - bumps when your up there with MDMA can be magical. I personally have only had problems with ket if I didn't have enough of it OR took too much of it.

You'll be limited by the amount you an actually absorb through your mucus membranes before you K-hole or black out.
Again, long term use then yes of course there are obvious health issues.
Intra-nasal will be a spray solution though will it not? Insufflated would be to be sniffing a free flowing solid?
I am aware of a death that was caused by ket in Hong Kong abput 15 years ago. She was filmed snorting a line maybe 2 meters long in a club (look it up its ridiculous) but that's no different from saying if you are an Oz of speed in one sitting im pretty dam certain you'll be dead.
As far as recreational drugs go, physically I think it's pretty dam safe. Especially compared to the super strength benzos or opioids like fentanyl and the derivatives. When I was prescribed fentanyl on top of my morphine, DHC, oramorph and tramadol I could feel myself slowly dying!

Salvia seems very hot and cold with people. Personally I love it, it's been a few years since I've had it but I don't think I could tell you much difference between DMT and 60x salvia?? Been 10 years since I've had salvia but I remember trying DMT and being amazed how similar is was n effect.
I am curious about heroin but think I'm going to leave it that way..... For now haha

The onset (and the drip) can be brutal if your doing lines - bumps when your up there with MDMA can be magical. I personally have only had problems with ket if I didn't have enough of it OR took too much of it.
I have no idea how much i took. It was a capsule which i divided into two lines..i only had one. Thank fuck for that. Maybe i would have enjoyed it more if i holed but i will never be finding out. I remember someone else here saying they could see the sinister aspects of it too. I cant remember who though. Maybe Dan from memory. A lot of my friends in Byron loved it but a few were like me and just found it to be horrible. Each to there own i guess.

Salvia seems very hot and cold with people. Personally I love it, it's been a few years since I've had it but I don't think I could tell you much difference between DMT and 60x salvia?? Been 10 years since I've had salvia but I remember trying DMT and being amazed how similar is was n effect.
I am curious about heroin but think I'm going to leave it that way..... For now haha
I found no similarities between dmt and salvia apart from the strength of the experience. I read in pd where someone said salvia is like a murky polluted pond compared to dmt's fresh flowing springwater. Thats my impression too. I have done a LOT of DMT and i really dont relate the experiences at all. Both are intense yes but for me thats where the comparison ends.

I guess things like that are just so subjective and the human mind is such a powerful thing

I remember someone else here saying they could see the sinister aspects of it too. I cant remember who though. Maybe Dan from memory.

Yeah i've had a few very dark sinister times on certain batches. Very twisted. Had more from MXE though. then it lingered for ages afterwards.. horrible shit. But ive also had some of the most lovely fuzzy euphoric embracing times on it, incredible stuff, and mixing it with speed is the absolute tits. The cold R ket stuff i dont seem to get along with, the warm S stuff i do. S ket reminds me of nos, so warm and embracing, cant help but enjoy that shit. if i hoof it up and dont feel embracing lovely-ness just robotic euphoric lacking wonk i usually dont bother with the rest. The worst cold times were back when i was paranoid of getting sold MXE instead of ket (which people around here seemed to do) so i'd rip up bumps to test it... and then it'd end up being layered wonky-ness, and it'd get all confusing. and then i'd try and fight it. Dunno what happened one time but i recall time slowing down to stopping, music literally slowing, and everything bending, and feeling myself fight it, and then i remembering being gliding down to this underground laberynth place and everything feeling wrong, and there was this creature thing, everything was square and dark green.. then i got thrown back out of it and opened my eyes confused as fuck felt like a sloppy emotionless bag of shite for hours whilst it wore off

Last edited:
Still have a love / hate relationship with K after about a decade of using it sporadically, for all the reasons mentioned above. It can be one of the most euphoric / glorious experiences that fill me with wonder and endless possibilities or it can turn into a nightmare trip of impending doom and horror.

Still not sure if it's a case of batches / set and setting or what.

I just know that traditional psyches are more predictable for me - and that if I am using K it works best for me on MDMA.

Yeah i've had a few very dark sinister times on certain batches. Very twisted. Had more from MXE though. then it lingered for ages afterwards.. horrible shit. But ive also had some of the most lovely fuzzy euphoric embracing times on it, incredible stuff, and mixing it with speed is the absolute tits. The cold R ket stuff i dont seem to get along with, the warm S stuff i do. S ket reminds me of nos, so warm and embracing, cant help but enjoy that shit. if i hoof it up and dont feel embracing lovely-ness just robotic euphoric lacking wonk i usually dont bother with the rest. The worst cold times were back when i was paranoid of getting sold MXE instead of ket (which people around here seemed to do) so i'd rip up bumps to test it... and then it'd end up being layered wonky-ness, and it'd get all confusing. and then i'd try and fight it. Dunno what happened one time but i recall time slowing down to stopping, music literally slowing, and everything bending, and feeling myself fight it, and then i remembering being gliding down to this underground laberynth place and everything feeling wrong, and there was this creature thing, everything was square and dark green.. then i got thrown back out of it and opened my eyes confused as fuck felt like a sloppy emotionless bag of shite for hours whilst it wore off
I guess if i perserved with it maybe i would have seen the good side of it. But that first experience was so dark and sinister i cant see myself ever going back there. Whats the difference between K and MXE? I remember ages ago on the aussie forum people raving about mxe saying it was like ket but better in many ways yet i have seen quite a few posts in EADD saying the opposite. I guess drugs are a personal thing though. Some of my mates could not handle acid or dmt yet i love both of them. So horses for courses i guess.

I was one of the first people on here to try MXE. The first experience was pretty amazing. Total OBE etc. Epiphany after 'epiphany'.

Then it mostly just turned into just another dissociative that I used on a daily basis to manage my stim and opiate abuse...

Fug - the worst person to get a drug review from.

I was one of the first people on here to try MXE. The first experience was pretty amazing. Total OBE etc. Epiphany after 'epiphany'.

Then it mostly just turned into just another dissociative that I used on a daily basis to manage my stim and opiate abuse...

Fug - the worst person to get a drug review from.
Your initial experience is the kind of thing that would spark my interest but i guess my experience with k has turned me off that entire class of drugs. Strange because i hated iv heroin but i am a big fan of oral Oxycodone and iv Morphine and Pethadine in hospital were both bloody nice too. But dissociatives i just have tarred with the one brush because of that k experience. I will stick to my psychedelics. They have always been kind to me.

Pretty sure Ann Shulgin felt the same way, so you're not alone there.