• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What has been the strongest drug addiction you've faced?

Greenmagic

Greenlighter
Over the course of nearly 5 years i have experimented profoundly with many drugs but so far the worst addiction i have faced would have to be spice. I was curious to whether or not anybody has experienced a strong spice addiction or any other drug that had a strong grip on you. And how has it turned out for you? In my case, long story sort spice was the second drug i abused after weed and it took me into a whole other realm of desperation that i had never experienced.

Over the course of nearly 5 years i have experimented profoundly with many drugs but so far the worst addiction i have faced would have to be spice. I was curious to whether or not anybody has experienced a strong spice addiction or any other drug that had a strong grip on you. And how has it turned out for you? In my case, long story sort spice was the second drug i abused after weed and it took me into a whole other realm of desperation that i had never experienced.

Synthetic cannaboids can be very hard to stop using. I've luckily never gotten into them as weed is widely available here for resonable prices if you know where to look. I faced a poly drug abuse period which was really fuelled by 500mg etizolam. Downers were very sneaky on me trying to quit because my ADHD kinda rebounded and i'd get all overstimulated and anxious craving for etizolam/amfetamines. I'd also forget that i just came down from a 2 day binge and start all over again. The amnesia effect of the metabolite, a-hydroxy-etizolam(?), of etizolam caused this kind of dementia like state of getting high and forgetting and starting all over again. The idea is just to keep it up and remember the reasons why you've quit in the first place (best to write them down else brain tends to forget).

Peace,

I am currently fighting a 4 year long heroin addiction at 21 years old.. trying to kick it. Whenever I get clean I feel so flat and depressed that I feel I will never feel good again and thats what keeps me relapsing. Its bullshit.

I got hooked on spice. There were no cannaboids in the brand of spice i used. Cannaboids were outlawed a month before this spice came out. This particular brand binded to the opiate receptor. This was the first and so far only addictive substance i got hooked on. I smoked all summer before i noticed that i would get violently ill without it. It was so cheap when it first came out so i never went with out untill they jacked the price up by 500%. I finaly quit after i started stealing for more. At first my mind was fucked i was stealing so i wouldnt be sick but then i realized i would just have to go through Detox and get away from that awful substance. I couldnt eat or sleep for 3 days. I was throwing up constantly seeing as i couldnt eat i was just throwing up stomach acid . After a few hours of DT i started drinking massive amounts of water. It was much better to throw up water than acid. After 3 days i bought some weed wich really helped with the withdrawl. My body and sleeping schedual returned to normal but for 2 weeks afterwords my mind was a mess. I had trouble forming thoughts and sentences,i only had 2 emotions angry and depressed,i was so scared i gave myself brain damage. Eventually things got better my mind grew sharper and more stable and before i knew it i was back to my old self. I,ve been clean for 9 1/2 months now and im glad that the junkie lifestyle is behind me. I might as well have been smoking blues the withdrawl was that intense.
My friend had to DT while going to school i cant imagine what he went through. He weaned off of spice while i quite cold turkey. I had a way more intense withdrawl but his lasted about a week longer

To the three of you, i hope things get and or stay better. I stopped smoking spice a little more then a year ago after multiple rehabs and the banning of all spice in Florida. Now I just do everything else, but still at the worst times of my current addictions i can look back and realize how bad and addicted i had gotten to a substance that no one till today really knows what it is comprised of. Complete psychological and physical addiction/dependence (whichever word you prefer) And to the latter posters i have never gotten addicted to benzos or heroin but amphetamines (molly to be exact) got me hooked crazy for a few months.Nausea and vomitingCold SweatsAngerDepressionDelusionIrritation it had on my lips/mouth/throat/lungsTesticle painsThievingDesperationBumming for moneySmoking crazy nasty compounds and items from scavenging or stuff found in bagsSleeping ExtremesEating ExtremesParanoiaMemory LossAnyway i felt like listing all the negative things spice brought to my life and on and on. I like lists and negative reminder lists are sort of helpful.

Heroin currently has me baffled, 2 fatal OD's and I can't seem to abstain.. T'is why I'm on bluelight, my using procedures have become much safer; I must admit.

Adderall....hands down, without question the drug that got it's hooks in swim the deepest, although despite this I'm happy to say swim never resorted to meth or crack as I know other upper-seekers have. Swim has an ADD script for it but really he takes it, and has always taken it, for depression and the paradox of it all is that it actually does improve his functionality and quality of life significantly when he can control his intake but for the past 4 or 5 years "abusing" it has been a problem and he's currently still dealing with it. Having plans made for him to go to rehab a couple weeks ago and nearly being sent I think/hope was the final turning point and I think he's actually making progress with the compulsion to over-use because he hasn't since that happened. He's also struggled a bit with benzos but that problem seems to have worked itself out by switching from a short to a long acting form.

I think I'm lucky though in that I never got into opiates like a few of my old friends did because from all accounts addictions to opiates (heroin, OCs, morphine, codeine, other painkillers) are the hardest to kick and swim feels like a pussy sometimes complaining about his problems with Rx psychostimulants. (Quick aside: addiction to nicotine is such a joke compared to previously mentioned dependencies and it bothers me when people complain about being addicted to cigarettes -- I believe it's the availability that makes people believe in the power of that addiction)

I'll be honest, I actually had to look up what spice was when I read this post -- I guess I'm really not up on things -- but I hope you can overcome it; Best of luck. Chemical dependencies are f*cking terrible.

^^^^^ heroin addiction , im sorry that your going threw this I am going threw the same thing it ruined my life I lost my husband kids job car dog house family friends and i lost myself. Ive never had to deal with an addiction in my 34 years of life. hang in there i relapsed and smoked g and weed just to get heroin off my mind

lol for a second i thought you said you were addicted to me lol because i was scrolling down and seen my name lol i needed that smile though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
opiates was the hardest to quit. 2 days of vomiting, pissing, and shitting at the same time. then 5 days of rage smashed all my belongings, then feelings of desperation. drove to a lookout to blow my brains out and sat on my hood crying with my gun in my mouth. im currently hooked on meth and never going back to opiates. i took bupenephrine for a week then i was fine.

Nicotine and Cocaethylene were the strongest addictions for me.. but the physical side of getting and staying clean from opiates and benzos was awful. I never developed an addiction to grass and I belive I only tried synthetic once.

tough one.. i got addicted to nearly every single substance on the planet but around 4 years ago i got hooked on a heroin/clonazepam/hash combo and did it for around 3 years daily and then got clean 11 months ago and suffered severe withdrawals for 28 fucking days.. relapsed around a month ago ..

Nicotine: Addicted 1996 - present, I have two 9 month periods of abstinence and countless others shorter than that. I invariable get to feeling that I'd happily pay for a tumor and take it up again.
Caffeine: I can quit any time I want damnit! :)
Alcohol, cocaine, crack, heroin, crap speed, mdma, cannabis, codeine, dxm, opium - All used, with varying frequency, never addicted with the possible exception of alcohol.

While my run with it was brief, mephedrone was by far the most addictive drug I've ever encountered. Worse than oxycodone, meth or any of the multiple RC's I've encountered. It made me behave like a crackhead, spending money I didn't have until I wrecked my finances and relationship. And it wasn't even that enjoyable! My nose would hemorrhage daily and I'd just keep on snortin'. It was the first RC I ever tried, which was a terrible idea but taught me a lot about moderation and respect for these drugs.

Oh, and the physical withdrawals were nightmarish. It was like quitting 5 SSRI's at once while coming down from an MDMA binge and finding your dog dead in the street.

In terms of damage to my health, etizolam addiction was by far the worst. I quit cold turkey 8 months ago today and my brain and body are still fucked up. It makes opiate withdrawal feel like the sniffles.

i was addicted to pcp and dxm for 2-3 years, daily use of pcp and when i was broke stole cough syrup, ended up commiting a violent crime taking an insanity plea, getting commited to a forensic hospital, transferred to a state hospital, then a group home, all of which took 3 years, to this day i am court ordered to take anti-psychotics and this was in 2007.

I'm throwing in for nicotine as well. At least I've quit smoking tobacco, but still going with ecigs.
I feel I should mention I never really dabbled in opiates or stimulants much.

My worst addiction I've faced has been amphetamines. Stimulants in general but prescription amphetamines have been primary. However occasional compulsive MDMA, MDA, cocaine, methylphenidate, and a few RC stimulant binges have worsened the problem. Add occasional benzo's, opiates and opioids, prescription antipsychotics and tons of psychedelics and dissociatives and you've created a good mess for yourself.