What album/song are you addicted to atm?

This song was peaking in the US when I was a senior in high school. Yes, I'm old as fuck. I really like the bridge leading into the climax. The drumming is solid. Paul Rodgers voice is clear and strong. Paul Kossof's playing just moves me at the moment for some inexplicable reason. It's just straight-ahead wailing, no frills. Maybe it reminds me of my naive youthful optimism at the time. I was tripping frequently around this time and a song like this could put me right immediately if things were starting to go sideways

One-o-the best F'n bands ever!

Last edited:
Just found this recently, bootleg copy. Echoes by Pink Floyd is my #1 song, probably always will be. This is "The Return of the Son of Nothing", which is basically pre-Echoes work in progress with a different opening verse and slight variations. I actually prefer the different opening lyrics, think it fits much nicer.

"Planets meeting face to face
One to the other cried, how sweet!
If endlessly we might embrace
The perfect union deep in space

Heaven might this once relent
And give us leave to shine as one
Our two lights here forever, one light blended

And in that longing to be one
The parting summons' sound is drawn
I see you've got to travel on
And on and on, around the sun"

Love this band between the instruments and singers voice coupled with the dark lyrics, I love every song they make. They tend to lean on the slower emotional side of stuff, usually failed relationships forgotten past all that stuff, often say it makes me nostalgic for a time i never experienced... Songs not about this but always reminds me of trying heroin for the first time and what it was like realizing the mistake after i set fire to my previous life. Hearing her sing it live was, haunting to say the least.

"I walk out to the edge of the lake,
Eyes following the water
As it washes my convictions away.
He stops me when I’m starting to pray.
He says,
“Intuition is awakening suspicion.”
He says,
“My tradition is the art of superstition.”
I wake up in the light of the fire,
Eyes burning like the ashes
In submission to the heat of desire.
He tells me not to preach to the choir.
He says,
“This condition is a slow decomposition.”
He says,
“My religion is the practice of sedition.”
He says
He says,
“Intuition is awakening suspicion.”
He says,
“My tradition is the art of superstition.”
“This condition is a slow decomposition.”
He says,
“My religion is the practice of sedition.”

^ Got to love the drum machine with a Cindy Lauper undertones. ;)

Been stuck on SoM of late. Failing at being 'current'.

Jay Z is so literally old lol, I heard him interviewing on NPR and I think he was talking about being a kid back in the 70s; my dad was a kid in the 70s :p

Edit: Oh it says Juicy J, my bad :|

this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Ford_(song) one of my fav jay songs

Tom Ford responded favorably to the song saying, "Who would not be flattered to have an entire Jay-Z track named after them? I mean, come on, it's pretty rare that something like that happens. It's a kind of validation of one's work, as it means that one has really penetrated and made an impact on popular culture."[6] Following its release, Tom Ford received a huge spike in online search engine queries.[7][8][9]

Last edited: