• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Really Nice Codeine Thread

Yeah just fucking neck it, mixing it prolongs the agony.

edit: I remember the sugar free versions being much ranker than the sugared ones.

No way man - the sugary one is way too viscous and sickly. Neither taste too great, but no worse than a CWE and the sugar one is basically like necking a bottle of glucose syrup, so makes you feel nasty for hours after (however half bottles might not be so noticeable).

Perhaps there should be an opiate cocktails thread. I think MM used to enjoy the odd oramorph and DrPepper every now and again.

Perhaps there should be an opiate cocktails thread. I think MM used to enjoy the odd oramorph and DrPepper every now and again.

Codeine Slammers (do not try this at home, kiddies)

Ingredients

Half pint codeine lictus
Half pint vodka
1 tablespoonful Andrew's Liver Salts (for vague attempts preventing liver damage, mostly for fizz)

Method

Mix all ingredients together inna big cup or glass. Swig down in one.

<3

Pee Ess: I'm not kidding, do not do this at home... if you intend to have a functioning liver down the line... they are bloody great though <3

If you can feel 3 Nurofen Plus, half a bottle may be a bit too much. For me, just feeling it is the goal. Any more and it gets uncomfortably heavy and significantly less euphoric.

If you can feel 3 Nurofen Plus, half a bottle may be a bit too much. For me, just feeling it is the goal. Any more and it gets uncomfortably heavy and significantly less euphoric.
feel fine. Not affecting me as much as I'd expected/ hoped to be honest

Usually peaks in about half an hour for me. After that, the euphoria stops dead and I'm just left with a heavy mongy feeling.

Glad you're feeling ok anyhow.

I tried oxy for the first time yesterday had 2x 20 mg pills, man those pills are nice they kick in so damn quick aswell. I only swalloed them though just crunched them up in my mouth before hand. did 1 and was nicely buzzed for a while and then later on at night i did another one with a few bowls and just lay in a nice warm bath for an hour an a half. Bliss!

But still though Codiene and DHC really aint that bad in comparison imo, im not gonna do oxy regulary because i know i will become completely addicted if i do.

I never got anything from codeine apart from a histamine reaction. Even dosing massive amounts with little to no tolerance did zilch for me.

I read somewhere on here that a certain ℅ of Caucasian people can't metabolize it to morphine, that would make sense. I remember taking it with no opiate experience and took up to 300mg and just got really itchy and hot. Not opiated at all.

Edit: I remember getting nicked as well after a 3 day MDMA, coke & heroin binge and I'd missed my methadone for the previous days and should have picked it up that day as last chance (3rd day) ended up obviously missing and in cells for 18 hours....feeling very very bad and they were so kind to give me 60mg of DHC ... 60 fucking MG after 12 hours which did naff all. Is that all they ever give you? I'm on 60mg of methadone let alone DHC

Last edited:
60 mg of DHC would do nothing to me, i need 200 mg+. Normal codiene dosage for me is 64 OTC pills extracted and with DHC its usualy 32 of em and sometimes 64. You might me in the small percentage of people that cant convert it ul man

Getting anything at all in the cells is not to be sniffed at. They often refuse to give anything or make you wait so long for the doctor that you've been processed and gone long before you'd get your scripted pittance. I'm sure this is deliberate cos they do have to provide something to prevent w/d cos even a crappy lawyer can argue anything you say whilst in acute w/d should not be admissible cos you'll say anything to get out as soon as possible. 60mg of DHC is pretty standard if you can hang around long enough for the doctor. They only want to be able to say you are not in acute major w/d - they have no interest in actually making you feel comfortable which is quite understandable really.

I've also heard some people cannot convert codeine to morphine but morphine is not actually necessarily what causes most of the effects of codeine. It's only ~10% of the overall opioid content - the rest is a fairly long list of obscure opioids some of which have next to no research done on them yet. It's generally accepted that those additional opioids probably provide quite a significant amount of the overall effect. I know there's nowhere near enough morphine in any codeine dose I've ever taken that I'd be able to feel if I actually took morphine itself but I certainly feel the effects of codeine.

So, I'm pretty much staying away from any drugs that might not sit well with my anxiety at the moment. I seem to have quite a delicate balance even though things are good on the whole right now.

Kratom seemed to be a failed experiment because of indigestion & constipation, although there might well have been other factors.

Other than Alcohol, that basically leaves me with Codeine/DHC.

The only real problem I foresee is the fact I've been diagnosed with asthma recently. I've probably it since I was a teenager but I'm guessing that smoking a pack of cigarettes a day for almost a year made it worse. 8)

It has never really caused me any issues in the past apart from 1 or 2 times when my breathing was a little shallow & I got sleepy after taking a moderate dose of DHC. I'm guessing that was probably because of zero tolerance & perhaps the undiagnosed asthma? I read something that says DHC is more of a respiratory depressant than Codeine? Something to do with them being a cough suppressant?

I'm not sure how much of an issue it is recreationally speaking... I was told I might have a slight histamine intolerance too but I am a bit sceptical about that considering I've not noticed symptoms after eating histamine-rich foods. I guess using an anti-histamine could be in order... it's not like I have ever got itchiness from either Codeine or DHC in the past though.

Codeine and DHC (and all opies really) are cough suppressants and do suppress breathing too (which is why folk tend to die when they take too much). Would an anti-histamine actually counteract the breathing suppression? I genuinely don't know (so a fairly useless post perhaps) but sounds a bit risky for the sake of a bit of codeine/DHC. I'd look into that carefully before venturing too far down that road if you have existing breathing difficulties and have noticed problems in the past.

Feeling sleepy is obviously a standard effect of any opi but you aren't usually aware of breathing difficulties unless you're nearing OD levels and even with no tolerance that seems unlikely with DHC unless you really did take an absolute shitload at once.

The thing is, I've used DHC & Codeine numerous times without issue. Pretty sure I've used as much as 256mg with Codeine & felt stellar. It's possible it was psychological... it was slow breathing rather than shallow now I think of it & since I was very sleepy, it seems I probably just missed the sweet spot.

I read that it's only really an issue whilst you are having an asthma attack, which I never have or if you have very serious lung problems. My asthma isn't really all that bad in the grand scheme of things & is well controlled. If I took it in the Afternoon it might help since Peak Flow is always highest around then. I noticed a couple of people in BDD saying they had asthma & used it.

I suppose doing a threshold dose of Codeine might be the way forward. Hmm, why have Erowid been removing a lot of their dosing information? It's getting irritating. 100mg?

I'll try do some more research though.

Dosing for codeine varies wildly between people - some can feel pretty fukked on 60mg, others need several hundred. 100mg is a reasonable thresholdish dose assuming you are somewhere in the middle of natural tolerance range and if you've used 2-3x that amount before without major problem it seems unlikely it should be a problem - assuming asthma is well controlled and at bay at the time. I've known many asthmatic junkies so opiates and asthma are not really mutually exclusive but does seem something where caution should be exercised.

Breathing does slow on all opies - that's normal for everybody - and it can feel a bit worrying if you focus on it too much. There's no way of avoiding it as it's an intrinsic effect of opies. If the asthma is not flaring up and your breathing is fine before taking it sounds like you've been okay other than the time you became especially aware of breathing. Perhaps a one-off and more psychological than physical but definitely one to be careful with with any underlying breathing difficulties. Would steer well clear of high doses cos they do suppress breathing but you'd have to be taking very high doses of codeine or DHC for that to be a concern generally. I'd aim to avoid moving up the ladder and becoming addicted to strong opies though for more than the standard reasons ;)

The standard reasons are good enough by themselves ;)

If my memory serves me right, it's only ever been the DHC that I noticed slowed breathing on... I think I mostly switched to DHC because it involved smaller amounts of APAP (I know CWE is very safe but still :sus:) & because it seemed to be stronger. (compared to an equivalent dose of Codeine) However, in retrospect... I've had better highs off Codeine.

100mg is a reasonable thresholdish dose assuming you are somewhere in the middle of natural tolerance range and if you've used 2-3x that amount before without major problem it seems unlikely it should be a problem - assuming asthma is well controlled and at bay at the time.

Well, 176mg had me gently toasted. Strangely enough my peak flow actually seemed to go up by a small amount. :sus: (no effect in other words)

I think I'll try 208mg next time, which probably won't be for a few weeks.

Was directed at gos!

I think most people in this country cut there opiate teeth on codeine or dhc. I certainly started by doing CWEs, then when I moved to Leicester I discovered chemists that sold linctus over the counter (none did in my home town).

i found the same thing , no end of chemists in leicester that sell linctus, only one has refuse me too. there is one kinda dodgy backstreet family chemist that sells me it a few times a week, always with a smile and no issues. i think it depends on the area , theres a big asian community in leicester, so theres a fuck load of pharmacies.

Really? I can be in Leicester within an hour so that would be invaluable for when the postman lets me down. How does one identify which chemists sell it OTC?