• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Closest RC to MDMA?

I don't know, I find 2C-B to be quite sensual. Touch is soft, sex is great, and the body high is AMAZING. It's unique as far as psychedelics go, but just because it shares those similarities with MDMA doesn't mean it's going to be ANYWHERE close to the real thing. It is it's own high, for sure.

I find it can open you up quite a bit to empathy and a sense of love for others, but it's not going to FORCE it in the same way as MDMA. You won't be running around telling every stranger you meet how strongly you feel about them, but you will likely be filled with an intense happiness that honestly feels much more natural and real than the fake feelings of MDMA.

I seem to remember seeing a study done comparing a binge dosing protocol in rats on mephedrone, methylone, MDMA and maybe a few others. MDMA was the only there where after a week (or more, don't remember) the rats still showed below baseline levels of serotonin.

1 week is not long-lasting depletion, and actually not surprising at all considering that the enzyme (Tryptophan Hydroxylase) that metabolizes tryptophan --> 5-HTP is inhibited for 1-2 weeks after MDMA consumption. This would cause some serotonin depletion.

some of the behavioral effects of this drug of abuse could be caused by massive release and depletion of brain serotonin

Well done Folley, you've just stated the obvious. MDMA's behavioural effects are indeed caused by massive release and temporary depletion of brain serotonin.

Quoting abstracts when you haven't even read the study is obviously flawed.

I've done 2c-b a couple of times and have found it to be for me a rather strong psychedelic, and nothing like MDMA, not entactogenic (although it is reputed to be), not empathogenic at all and not lovey.

I have not tried the BK 2c-b version. It sounds as though that is much different?

ßk-2c-b is another level man. It's much less psychedelic, much more like MDMA for 3 hours. After 3 hours psychedelic effects increase.

Be careful, I'm talking about ßK version of 2c-b. It's far the most MDMA like feeling.

IME it doesn't get any closer than 5-APB, maybe even 5-MAPB though I've only had one 100mg experience with that stuff and idk how psychedelic this material gets with higher dosing. Even if BK 2c-b feels "somewhat" like MDMA it lasts ages and in the end is pretty psychedelic for most though dosage is likely a factor...still though I would think it's nowhere near the releaser that the APB's are.

People tell me 5MAPB is much closer to MDMA than 5 & 6 apb which are more likened to MDA.
I've taken MDA a few times and for me, the APB's are vastly different and more psychedelic than MDA though without as much trailing. MDA is a pretty unique "flavor" of this family of drugs. I just don't get the defined phen geometry from MDA that I do with the APB's, a semi-delerium state ensues long before that. Though after reading your post it confirms that 5-MAPB maybe just isn't as psychedelic as the other APB's at any dose...the comedown was pretty rough though, nothing too bad though.

Last edited:
APBs feel a little too stimmy for me, as well as substituted cathinones

Let the hate commence, I'm a big methylone/bk-mdma fan

^ no hate, just isn't my cup of tea. Not nearly intense enough unless you get to ridiculous levels and then the side effects far outweigh anything fun..

It's good when you want to roll but don't want to deal with a comedown the next week, but overall it just isn't even on the same level.

I enjoy methylone as well but contrary to how you react I find that methylone is incredibly stimmy and the high is too short lived :(. Have you tried 5-APB? I know that reports on this one are off the walls but I found that I could likely sleep on the peak of 5-APB, it was very sedating and cozy. Anyways I find that 5-APB and 5-MAPB were sedating to the point where I would probably prefer to take it at home and cuddle with my GF rather than party on it like I would with 6-APB which can get quite stimmy, though not nearly as much as a good dose of MDA.

I though 6-APDB was kinda weak

I swear this was a batch issue, because all the APDB I have had is amazingly euphoric, gorgeously trippy and rushy as all fuck. The euphoria lasts for ages too! I just thought I would mention, I do also LOVE MDMA :D

The only APB I've tried is 6-apb and from different batches. It just feels too dirty for me, despite my WANT to like it. I can enjoy moments on it. But then come up and queasiness I get from it are really a big turn off.
For me the closest thing will always be 4-mmc.

I've read too many stories about people taking Mcat and chopping their dicks off. No thanks. ate 400mg of 4MEC once, not altogether pleasant.

I think any of the 2C are really a whole cateogry away from MDMA; even if your up an and like the feel; I mean you could say alcohol has some MDMA properties from that point of view; even whizz can be talky smooth euphoric in the right situation; that said I can see why some would call AMT empathegenic at 40-50mg range - closer than some of those mentioned here & yeah methylones more like a stim/antidepressant from my one experient

APBs feel a little too stimmy for me, as well as substituted cathinones

Let the hate commence, I'm a big methylone/bk-mdma fan

I thought methylone was a sustituted cathinone but yeah pretty stimmy

A friend of mine has a batch of 6-apb,5-apb, and 6-apdb coming in and hasn't tried MDMA. He wants to know what the magic is all about. I told him to get 5-mapb also as it was available. Can someone say what would be the best for for mild roll of the previous mentioned research compounds? Looking at very low doses here since friend is quite sensitive to anything mildly psychedelic, in a bad way.