Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Ephedrine + Nootropic stack - Experienced - Best legal high I have ever found

jesric

Greenlighter
I've decided that for my first post on this site I will contribute a trip report. This is more than a trip report though, as I am about to share what I have found to be an amazing legal high. This is one of the best high's I have ever found, I searched long and hard for something like this and after years I have found it.

Let me first give a little background on my past drug use. I am a experienced user of drugs both legal and non-legal. I have tried: Marijuana, Alcohol, MDMA (Both in pure and pill form), Cocaine, Hydrocodone, Roxycodone, Oxycodone, DMT, Adderall, Xanax, Klonopin, Ambien, DXM, Morning Glory, Nutmeg, Benzedrex, and of course Ephedrine & Red Dawn.

I've searched long and hard for a good legal high. The reasons for this are first cost: A good illicit high can be quite expensive if you want it to last a reasonable amount of time. Second, legal troubles. I have a very good life so I don't like taking risks associated with obtaining illegal substances. My quest for a legal high has taken me far and wide, first with DXM - Which was great until I built a tolerance. I've also tried Benzedrex which is mediocre, Morning Glory and nutmeg which are total garbage, and a few other substances which also left nothing to be desired.

About a month ago I was invited by my girlfriend to go see a concert. It was a local band, and not my style of music so I was not too happy about going. I also knew my girlfriend would be drinking and I wouldn't (I don't drink alcohol), so I decided I would give legal high's one more attempt. I tried doing research and found little to help me out, then I had an idea! I decided that perhaps the local and very popular adult store may have something of interest. I searched their website and found some little pills called "Red Dawn Sleep Walker". They were basically herbal Ecstasy so I assumed they would be garbage. Needless to say internet opinion was mixed so I decided to give them a try.

I won't go into much detail about how the pills work on their own except to say they are decent. They feel a bit like Xanax or a very low dose of DXM. There is a very slight mood increase, and your body does get a bit more relaxed - I certainly wouldn't call it euphoria however. Over the course of the night I took around 6 of the pills.

The next day is when this report really begins.

In the morning after the concert I could fill nothing at all from the pills. I am a very avid user of Ephedrine - Probably too much so. I take Ephedrine frequently because I don't get a lot of sleep. It allows me to function off 5-6 hours of sleep a night. I took my normal dosage the afternoon after the concert. In the name of harm reduction I will not at any point say what my Ephedrine dose is. I have a high tolerance, so what is safe for me would almost certainly not be safe for another.

At some point on the drive home I realized something had changed. My mood was suddenly very good, and I actually felt a hint of euphoria. I considered that possibly the lack of sleep and caffeine I had been drinking with the Ephedrine had brought on a very good mood - The idea that the sleepwalker pills were responsible never even crossed my mind. Over the next few hours this feeling increased, to the point that it felt like a hydrocodone high but a bit differently. My legs began to tingle, and I felt waves of pleasure all over my entire body. I can't describe how good I felt that afternoon, and how confused I was about what I had done to make my body react so well to some crappy Ephedrine.

At some point that night the thought crossed my mind that perhaps the Ephedrine and Sleepwalker had caused my Euphoroia. The next day I tried the same dosage again, and the feeling came back very hard. I discovered that drinking an energy drink while these effects were present increased them even more. If I had to create a timeline of these effects it would be like this:

T 0:00 - Consumed 2 sleepwalker pills along with personal dose of Ephedrine and caffeine.
T 0:30 - Began to feel mood rapidly rise. Tingling in legs, beginning to feel more talkative.
T 1:00 - Now feel waves of euphoria throughout body when sitting. Very fidgety feel myself rubbing my head as if I was on a MDMA high. The best way I can describe this feeling is like smoking a cigarette after going several days without smoking. That "high" felt throughout your body for a short time is very similar to the feeling this combination gives.
T 4:00 - Effects still strong. Consume 2 more sleepwalker pills and more Ephedrine. Drink another energy drink.
T 8:00+ The effects from this point last a very long time, possibly 6+ hours. This combination produces a highly stimulating effect. One night I did not sleep at all, not even a minute. By continuing to dose the next day I did not require a nap or feel tired, I still felt great. That night I did experience some small hallucinations which told me that the lack of sleep had very much affected me I just did not feel the repercussions.

I can't begin to describe how amazing ephedrine and sleepwalker pills are in combination. Both substances are medicore at best on their own, but combined they rival many illicit drugs that cost far more. $30 gets a 20 count bottle of sleepwalkers, and $10 gets a 60 count pack of Primatene Ephedrine pills, for about $40 you can easily get 3 full-day doses.

I should also not that obviously this combination is not good for you. I'm not here to debate how safe it is, just to share my experience. It's up to you to determine if you are willing to accept the risks of a combination that from my research is totally new. This is literally conducting an experiment on your body. I felt however that even with the risks it was worth sharing, for anyone like me that is seeking that really GOOD legal high but just can't seem to find it. DXM will still always be my favorite, but this is easily better than a dose of hydrocodone in some ways. (Length of time, price, no nod, stimulating effect means can be taken at work, produces an attention boosting effect, etc.

Please don't debate the health consequences on this post. If you want to post your 2 cents at least have some credible evidence to back up your claims if this is dangerous - As I have stated before I am just sharing an experience. I would be happy to answer any questions about the actual experience however.

And on a side note, glad to be here!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_ephedrine
substancecode_stimulants
substancecode_phenibut
substancecode_gabapentinoids
substancecode_gabaergics
substancecode_caffeine
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to have you here! Sounds pretty cool but a lot of them OTC combos can get pretty slippery in terms of safety! Definitely not something i'm gonna break the piggy bank open for anytime soon but it might be interesting to know the ingredients in this 'red dawn' product..

Phenibut + GABA along with more common ingredients like B vitamins and Caffeine.

I did measure my heart rate frequently when I have taken this and it has never got to a level even close to unsafe.

Body heat is one issue, it's very important to drink a lot of water and remember to eat when consuming this because it has an effect much like Amphetamines where you just don't get very hungry. This is already the case with Ephedrine but this really amplifies it.

I wonder how close just phenibut + ephedrine alone would be to the experience you describe.

Good question. I'm not sure what it would do, it's possible the other things help but I wouldn't doubt that the experience would be very similar.

I've got another legal chemical similar to Red Dawn called "Cheer Up" it has similar chemicals in it with the extra additions of a few others - I plan to try it Friday.

I use Sleep Walkers fairly often, they contain GABA, piracetam, caffeine, B vitamins and most importantly, phenibut. Phenibut is a pretty wonderful substance if you find the right dose, a little too much and it's unpleasant, and not enough and there's not much of an effect. But the right dose gives you an all-day-long, wonderful, natural euphoria and relaxation, combined with energy and greatly increased sociability. I've never combined it with ephedrine, I used to love ephedrine but as I get older, stimulants are much rougher on me and I don't really like it much anymore.

You took 6 of the Sleep Walkers?? Jesus, if I take more than 2, I get dizzy and sore limbs, definitely too much.

I miss the good effects of ephedrine. I used to take 2-3 Yellow Jackets, they contained 25mg of ephedrine and 300mg of caffeine each (I think 300mg, maybe 250mg, I can't remember). I used to feel SO awesome from them. Now if I do take ephedrine any amount of caffeine at all will make me feel horribly stimulated, so, so bad. When I take caffeine now, I use 100mg or less, otherwise I get really stimulated, sweaty, and it's unpleasant. Enjoy the ability to take stimulants like that while you can.

And FYI, Red Dawn is the company's name, Sleep Walker is the product. Red Dawn makes a lot of different products.

Thanks for contributing a trip report, welcome to Bluelight! :)

Last edited:
I do take 6 but they are spread out over 12 hours. I take two at 5:00AM when I leave for work, along with my Ephedrine dose and an energy drink.

When I go to lunch at 11:00AM I take 2 more, another ephedrine dose, and another energy drink.

When I get off at 4:00PM I usually take 2 more, then another ephedrine dose around 7:00PM. This will keep me up till 11-12PM. I am able to do this for an entire week with no ill effects except constipation, with a very small amount of sleep.

Typically I save it for the end of the week when I do decide to take this dosage, but this week is inventory at work and we have to work 5:30AM-6:30PM which is hell, if I take this dose it actually isn't bad at all - The day goes fast.

If I took 6 sleepwalkers in one day without the Ephedrine I would feel terrible, alone is just makes me feel a bit "out of it", not exactly all that plesant and certainly not worth the price tag IMO.

The Ephedrine however reacts in such a strange way, it is almost like they balance each other out. I could likely take 6 sleepwalkers at the same time and if I took the Ephedrine I would still feel good.. I've considered trying to take 4 to see what the effects would be like but if it's not broke why fix it?

I do feel that I have built a slight tolerance, which is sort of sad because this combination really did seem so promising a tolerance this fast is a major letdown. It could also be that I've been working so much I haven't had a chance to enjoy the effects.

Diphenhydramine, but it's as easy to get as DXM. I'm not too into legal highs, but inhalants can be alright. i don't do them anymore though.

I received a 20 pack bottle and a 4 count pack of the Sleepwalker formula. Ill post my results in the trip reports after I test them out! Thank you Red X Dawn!

Interesting thread, I'm always open to worthy nootropic aids or stacks. 'Sleep Walker' doesn't appear to be for sale in the UK, but I can obtain Phenibut and Gaba with no problems. (I already have and use Ephedrine)

By any chance do you know what the individual dosage of Phenibut and Gaba is in Sleep Walker? The dosing is just listed as Proprietary Blend: 3294mg (Phenibut), Caffeine, Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).

Sleep Walker doesn't let you know. I recommend no more than 1.5grams of phenibut at first, too much is a shitty, long-lasting feeling. Assess your tolerance, go up by maybe 250mg next time if you don't feel 1.5 grams. Don't do it every day either as it will eventually cause physical dependence.

The GABA dose shouldn't matter as much as the phenibut dose (in fact it may not even make much of a difference to the effects), but I can't help you there, not sure of dosage.

I think I messed up. I ran across these pills and tried em. Took too much I believe. Took about 14-16 pills. Cant remember. Question is, will I ever come down. Going on a weird trip for like 36 hours now. Kinda sucks. Music is saving the day.

Dude, that's SO MUCH phenibut. Too much sucks. Yes you'll come down, probably soon. I've never taken nearly so much though. You'll come down though. When I used to use Sleep Walkers (what is referred to in here as Red Dawn, which is the manufacturer), I'd take 1 or 2, any more and I'd get that too much phenibut feeling which involves extreme fatigue, weird head rushes/zaps, very poor short-term memory, and sore limbs/joints/body.

I discovered this site because I was researching this exact combo, more specifically Red Dawn liquid and ephedra or ephedrine. I'm astonished because my experience was virtually identical to the OP's.

I can't begin to describe how amazing ephedrine and sleepwalker pills are in combination.

This. Let me explain more...

I've been going through family shit for the last 2-1/2 years. Profound, negative bullshit that unexpectedly turned good. I'll spare you the details but I underwent a 180 degree change in almost every facet of my life, all fueled (I believe) by my mother's intense prayers in my behalf. No, I am not religious, ie that I espouse or am a part of a religion. Just the exact opposite. But I have personally experienced a profound change in my life from a benevolent, higher power that I never believed could happen to me. It's been absolutely fascinating. Everything is different for me now; I sometimes observe myself doing things that are so unlike me. A small example: years ago if I got bad service at a restaurant (or what I perceived to be bad service - others were totally cool with it) my night was ruined and I was determined to not only complain but emotionally abuse the server. Now? I react in a way that leaves them smiling and a friend. I was at a bar and the waitress was indeed giving our party horrendous service. My Dad was getting ready to rip her a new one and I saw myself take her aside and nicely told her to get her act together and what do I need to do to help you right now. She looked at me with a blank stare, saw my expression was sincere and I could see her "get it" and the response was incredible. She proceeds to tell me the shit she was going through and within five minutes she went from a bitch on a mission to make others miserable to a personal friend who was busting ass and making people feel good.

Anyway, I love ephedra. Fucking LOVE IT!

How can more people not know about this shit? How?! How can it work so good for me and no one else really "gets it?" I told my brother (who weighs 20 lbs less than me) to try it and he literally feels nothing. Me? It fills a huge void for me with no significant side effects (other than cost and fucking my sleep up if I take it past 2pm). I don't even take that much! What does it do for me? Kills my appetite dead for one but I get a beautiful, euphoric buzz. With ephedra I underwent a complete change in diet, from fast food 'n shit to basically only eating superfoods; foods that are miraculously good for you like papaya, coconut, bananas, avocados, etc. This alone beings on so many far-reaching benefits including boosting your self-esteem. For instance, did you know that eating papaya introduces living enzymes into your system that are completely unique? They're not found in any other food on earth; only papaya. You're literally introducing billions of living organisms into your system that only do good. Try it. Instead of eating fast food, try eating something raw. When you see proof of the good it does, it'll induce a natural high. What did it do for me in a very tangible way? Allowed me to get back to the weight I was in high school. I'm hanging out with girls 15 yrs younger than me (I'm early 40s). I swear I can walk into a crowded room and girls sense that I'm different and they can't resist it. Some of you know what I'm talking about. My brother? Same way and my Dad was that way too.

Ephedra is fucking amazing. I've been using it for years, have never noticed diminished effects and never experienced any health problems. I eat healthy and drink nothing but water, good booze (in moderation) and good beer. It's done so much good for me and it's difficult for me to believe that I found it by sheer coincidence.

So one day I went to order more and the website I order from recommends Red Dawn to try with it. Seems expensive and reviews are mixed but I go for it. Ordered two 8 oz bottles and decide about a week after getting it to give it a shot. Did the two-capful recommended dose and literally felt nothing at all. It sat in the cabinet for another month and I regretted dropping the dough on it. Fast forward to last Thursday afternoon. Met some dudes at the pool and long story short, hit it off with them and ended up at their place doing some really good weed. Very fragrant shit from the West Coast. The dude who brought it was tripping balls and sketchy as hell so I respected the weed and only took a couple of teeny tokes. Within 30 seconds had one of those "here we go" thoughts, knew what was coming, excused myself, went home, got in bed with Dead Can Dance on Pandora and had a beautiful trip.

Next day, got up and for some reason I was thinking about the Red Dawn. Something told me to give it another chance. Was feeling wonderful on my morning ephedra dose, was down at the pool making friends, came back up and did a four-cap double dose of Red Dawn, a shot of Stoli and a beer chaser, walked back down to the pool numb as fuck in complete euphoria. Here's where I really started noticing something new and different (and it probably took 20 minutes).

I knew that this shit was in my brain real good and the euphoria was so intense I had disquieting thoughts of "there's gonna be a price to pay." That was right at first, then I literally was incapable of having a negative thought. I actually called my ex-wife on the phone and told her about this and told her that I was challenging myself to have a negative thought and kept asking in my head over and over again who someone was that I hated and I literally was unable to do so!!! I watch a lot of sports and an opinionated mofo but I could not think of anyone I didn't like so I asked her to name someone and when she did I felt this profound empathy for the individual for what he had done to his life. The hatred was replaced with empathy. Ecstasy, right? On this over-the-counter herbal shit? Really?

The ephedra amplifies the shit out of the Red Dawn. I don't understand what in the ephedra stack is doing it but I'd love to know for obvious reasons.

Here's where things get really, really, really interesting. Things have always happened to me my whole life that I tell friends about and they just shake their head and say "you're different, man. that shit never happens to us." For a long time it was bad. Now shit is happening that's really good.

I'm sitting at the pool talking to friends and look up and basically Katy Perry walks in, sits down directly across the pool from me. It was one of those deals where all the dudes got quiet and looked at each other grinning and saying "holy shit, man!" Well, guess what? She's checking me out. Notice it once or twice, then start watching her and she's locked in on me. Then out of nowhere she gets up and leaves, making it sort of anticlimactic because I was so feeling so amazing and social that I was going to challenge myself to engage her in conversation; not some bullshit about "you're hawt" but get to know her. I feel let down for a minute or two but laugh it off and go back to conversation with friends. About 20 min later, I look up and she's sitting back in the same chair again like she never left. Boring a hole though me. A buddy next to me gets up and jumps in the water, I watch her stand up, walk over to me, sit down in the chair like it was her's and get comfortable. This is when I "knew" that what was happening was one of those things that happens to me at the weirdest this-can't-be-a-coincidence time so I decide to challenge it even further. I lay back, put some earbuds in and turn some music on, totally ignoring her. There were plenty of other dudes so if she was as shallow as she appeared, she'd forget me and split. I'm listening to music, buzzing like a motherfucker in a very beautiful place (listening to Snoop Dogg "California Roll") when she touches my arm. I look over and she's smiling at me. Looked a fucking goddess. Snatch the earbuds out and she asks if she can put her two beers in my cooler to keep them cold. (She later tells me she walked all the way back to her apt to get the beers to have an excuse to come talk to me).

Long story short, next thing I know it's pitch black, 11pm and the maintenance man comes in and says "guys I was supposed to run you out at 10 but didn't want to interrupt but now I need to go to bed." Her and I had connected and what she told me about herself was profoundly fascinating. My initial impression based on appearance was this petulant, spoiled little brat and turns out she's anything but. Walk out to the parking lot, offer her a ride up to her place, we head up there, it's late, I assume she's going to say bye but instead she sits in the car and starts talking again about having been emotionally abused by her dickhead ex-boyfriend after her father's death last year. The last time she saw her Dad they had had a horrible fight for the first time in her life and 24 hours he was dead of a massive heart attack and needless to say, she was acutely affected, especially since asshole wouldn't even let her grieve; leaving her an intensely insecure person. I leave the car running because it was hot and humid and after about 20 min turn it off and we end up sitting there talking til 1:45am. I honestly thought it was like dawn because I got so lost with her. I actually witnessed a person experience total grief for her father's death for the first time and it was a life-changing experience for me (and hopefully for her). I could not BELIEVE I had zoned out the entire world (don't remember my friends leaving the pool or saying goodbye, don't understand why the pool guy let us stay when he kicked everyone else out and don't remember any of that) and was sitting here with a motherfucking GORGEOUS girl (a true LA10) having a sweeping, all-encompassing spiritual connection.

Coincidence? I think not but my perspective is obviously a little different.

Now to the next part of this...

The next day is when this report really begins.

This. Exactly.

I couldn't sleep (and I should mention, my stomach was absolutely shredded from the Red Dawn) til 7am. Thought I'd drop into a coma and die that day but I wake up at 9am, feeling good except for the stomach. Makes no sense. I should be blasted. Decide not to take any ephedra but instead eating something healthy and then sleep all afternoon. Long story short, end up drinking a beer at noon and it all kicks back in after one sip. I don't know if it was the sleep deprivation or physiological effects of being an alcoholic (not a shitty one but dependent) or what but I just don't understand how this shit could kick in the next day with just a beer trigger.

end up going all day long at the pool, drank about a dozen beers, ended up at a local bar, had great social interactions, actually ended up outside with a local sports personality who hangs out there who I've always wanted to meet along with the head bartender who's always seemed very standoff-ish to me in particular which puzzled me greatly. These two seem to be fascinated by ME and the bartender offers on the spot to hire me to be the main door guy on the weekends, something I told him I did in California for years for the fun of it.

Coincidence? I just don't see how.

I'm really hoping someone can benefit from what I've said, if for no other reason than just being mildly entertained. Maybe I'll even be honored by someone calling me a gigantic pussy. =D

I should also not that obviously this combination is not good for you.

I'd like to know why. You mentioned taking a lot of ephedrine. I'm curious why. I did once when I couldn't remember if I had dosed and took two Yellow Bullets and my body temp skyrocketed and I honestly thought I might have a heart attack. I'd never do it again.

And for anyone interested, I've tried probably five different brands of ephedra pills and my favorite are Yellow Bullet originals. I have others that are a lot weaker and those are perfect for taking early afternoon.

Also, something that has worked really well for me to combat the sleeplessness is a.) don't take any past early afternoon and b.) 50-75 mg of Diphenhydramine HCI an hour before I want to be asleep. I've gotten good with that shit too. If I want to make 12 hrs disappear quietly, I take 50 mg and hour before wanting to be asleep then right as I'm dropping off to sleep, pop one more 25 mg tablet and that carries me waaaaay deep for at least 12 hours.

Any thoughts on any of this?

Last edited:
Holy shit, had NO idea I just typed that much (and I left a lot of stuff out!) 8o

I should have mentioned something else significant: This shit keeps you really tight; no obvious drunkenness, slurring, etc.

At the bar after about 2 hrs sleep in the last 40 hrs, countless beers and substances in my system I was watching professional barflies I knew having to get stuffed in cabs for being shitfaced on 10% of what I had, which is not like me at all.

I'm standing outside the bar at closing with these two dudes and the cops had just left because some dude with a restraining order was causing problems and I told them I had been partying hard all weekend and that I probably needed to call a cab and both of them were insistent that I was totally cool and would be fine. "You seem dead sober, bro. If you get pulled over, tell them you were the door man tonight and didn't have a drop."

Wow.

Last edited:
Another detail: smoked a cigarette and it amplified everything too. Had about five minutes of all-encompassing numbness, coming in very gentle waves.

Also curious if the OP or anyone else with experience with the Red Dawn liquid can comment on whether it tore your stomach up.

Thanks for sharing, sounds nice. The main ingredient in Red Dawn is phenibut... you sound a little manic but a little mania sure is fun. :) I get a little manic from phenibut too. It's one of my favorite substances honestly, I use it regularly (but not daily - it's physically addictive). I've never tried combining it with ephedrine, I used to use a lot of ephedrine too when I was younger (19/20/21), but now it generally feel uncomfortably stimulating (I'm 32 now).

I've never had stomach troubles from phenibut or the Red Dawn capsules... then again I never really get stomach issues from anything.

Manic? Naaaaaaaaaaaw! =D

For the life of me, I don't understand how low doses of the ephedra still, after all this time, works so well for me.

you should try doing kash's extraction on some HBW seeds sometimes. you said you used to take monring glories right? well i would make an extract. supposedly kash's liquid extraction on the dmtnexus is one of the best according to people who have used it. Kash said that it caused no body load or nausea.