• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom - should I buy it?

but I think my heroin habit (IV 1-2g's daily) was far too heavy for me to even be able to tell if I liked Kratom.
Yeah I think you know very well why kratom was so innefective :p

3 grams of Kratom has me feeling amazing. I mix the powder with an acidic juice and shake before each sip. The acid allows it to actually mix. Tastes pretty good honestly, I enjoy drinking it and I've not had time to get used to it (5 days of Bupe withdrawal are all I've been using it for, so far). I had a solid tolerance coming and and was coming off a pretty long term addiction. Kratom can be a very powerful substance, and I'm not talking extracts. The pure leaf powder (from a reputable vender) has been amazing for me.

The Captain knows his shit, I pretty much spent two days reading his posting on the subject before ordering.

My strain input would be - Red Vein Thai/Bali are my favorite "downer" style strains. When I wake up I like a blend of Maeng da and Ultra Red Indo (Maeng IS overpriced, but not by enough to bother me at the moment, and it's the most stimulating strain i've used thus far. Haven't tried any green veins yet though, which as CR said, are supposed to be more stimulating.

I will say the typical opiate muscle itch is far more profound with Kratom and seems to outlast the high by a bit (as an opiate addict, I don't mind this at all personally).

So I've been using Kratom for only 4 days. Usually two cups a day. Started with 5 grams a cup, then yesterday, bumped it up to 10 grams a cup. Well, it's been 24 hours since I had my last cup of Kratom tea and... holy fuck. I didn't realize it until just an hour ago or so, but I've been experiencing WD's all day. First it started with really severe depression that came out of nowhere. It really caught me off guard and I was starting to have minor suicidal idealization. But then I took my Lamotrigine and that helped a bit....

It's been 3 hours since that and now... I'm starting to get the sickness really bad. Horrible feeling of uneasiness, hot flash is starting to come on, muscles ache, head aches, sweats... Yeah, it was kinda cool when I started drinking Kratom, but... I'm done with it as of now...

The Captain knows his shit, I pretty much spent two days reading his posting on the subject before ordering.
Glad I helped :)

SF it sounds like you were going a little too hard on the kratom, just like opiates/opioids it's VERY easy to ignore shit and put all worries and common sense aside when your wrapped up in that warm blanket of comfort but this is incredibly dangerous thought. It would be wise to ride out any withdrawal you should be experiencing, you should be fine in 2-3 days, if that since you haven't been using too long. After this recovery period, IF you decide to use kratom aim for no more than 3x a week with at least 2 days in between doses. I was able to juggle this schedule around for about 6 months with no problems before saying "fuck it".

No worries. My nightly dose of Temazepam has warded off most of the WD's. Should be a cake walk. Slight muscle stiffness still, but the nausea, chest/head pain, sweats and hot flash are all but gone.

Thank god for my nightly benzo's.

Interestingly enough, I kinda think Kratom has lowered my tolerance to benzo's. The Temazepam feels WAY strongfer than it usually does...

Interestingly enough, I kinda think Kratom has lowered my tolerance to benzo's. The Temazepam feels WAY strongfer than it usually does...
Strange that you mention this. While I'm not a benzo addict, when I use to the point of rebound effects, my doses of kratom are barely even felt except for some real bad anxiety, I only get this increase in anxiety when my tolerance is high. This is relevant as I got the opposite effects your describing from doing things in inverse ie. I'm a kratom addict who's tolerance rises in gaba rebound and your getting a decrease in gaba tolerance from kratoms rebound effects.

Strangely enough as soon as I get through the rebound effects of whatever benzo my tolerance to kratom returns to normal. It's like switching between habits one at a time is in some way counter-intuitive. Another thing I find is that benzos actually dull my kratom highs, I've never got why people take high doses of benzos with opioids as a form of potentiation, benzos seem to practically counter-act opioids effects for me. I somehow feel these two addictions are intertwined or work by a similar (or polar opposite) ways through the same functions. IIRC opioids affect GABA as well in some way but I'm too lazy to look that up.

Last edited:
I find just 7.5mg of temazepam provides nice potentiation without overpowering kratoms effects.

So I've been using Kratom for only 4 days. Usually two cups a day. Started with 5 grams a cup, then yesterday, bumped it up to 10 grams a cup. Well, it's been 24 hours since I had my last cup of Kratom tea and... holy fuck. I didn't realize it until just an hour ago or so, but I've been experiencing WD's all day. First it started with really severe depression that came out of nowhere. It really caught me off guard and I was starting to have minor suicidal idealization. But then I took my Lamotrigine and that helped a bit....

It's been 3 hours since that and now... I'm starting to get the sickness really bad. Horrible feeling of uneasiness, hot flash is starting to come on, muscles ache, head aches, sweats... Yeah, it was kinda cool when I started drinking Kratom, but... I'm done with it as of now...

Yeah with my recent usage I have found that 2 days on Kratom, even if used over 4-7 hours each of those two days, and then two days off on benzoz is the best, no tolerance increase, no drop in effects, no withdrawals etc. I have pushed it to three days in Kratom before and the third day you can feel some tolerance which comes with some added anxiety in the mix, and the next day mild mild withdrawals, just basically bad mood level, which was today for me after 3 prev days on Kratom.

Thats as far as I would push it. 4 days in a row is to much, the tolerance becomes clearly noticeable and you definitely feel withdrawals after, even if its not that bad. Im pretty happy with the ability to use 3 days in a row though, then i only need 2 days on shit benzoz and then can restart the Kratom again without issues.

I have used kratom for about a month for pain relief. 4 grams of White Sumatra or 3 grams of baeng na really help. I am also highly functional at work.

As far as things I have learned-
-I only feel effects on empty stomach
-beer dulls the euphoria
-3-4 grams has slight euphoria
-7-8 grams has nausea and disorientation

This is not an herb to get wasted on. This is something I use for natural pain relief and my wife uses for anxiety.

Hey maynard, tell your wife that in the long run kratom may actually make anxiety worse if she let's tolerance build to a certain level. One of the reasons I use kratom is for my GAD and I notice that if I dose too high or my tolerance increases too much that I get a strong spike in anxiety every time I dose, just something to be aware of.

Yeah when my tolerance was shot Kratom used to give me near borderline panic attack anxiety, worse then some stim comedowns. And also during withdrawals.

Its perfect for treatment options anxiety, pain, depression, but as long as you dont take it longer then three days in a row, thats when i notice tolerance and issues starting. 2 days off seems to reset back to normal after that.

Yeah when my tolerance was shot Kratom used to give me near borderline panic attack anxiety, worse then some stim comedowns. And also during withdrawals.

Its perfect for treatment options anxiety, pain, depression, but as long as you dont take it longer then three days in a row, thats when i notice tolerance and issues starting. 2 days off seems to reset back to normal after that.

SwampFox56....

DEFINITELY 5 grams, NOT ounces ( 5 oz = 140 grams ). For me personally, I made the mistake of trying my first batch from a " Smoke/Head Shop " and I learned my lesson. Although I was lucky on a few batches, most were complete SHIT ! I finally found a source online that is completely legit, and after needing 20 grams of the Head Shop GARBAGE, I only needed 7 grams and I felt GREAT !

Mind you, I have an opiate tolerance.....the 70-100mg kind of tolerance in order to get the desired buzz. As most people state, start small ( 5-7 grams ) and see what works for you brother. It may take some fine tuning to figure out your dose, but once you do and you aqiure some quality product, you'll see what I mean bro.

One other thing, If it's a fine powder, mix it with Applesauce as this has been the best method IMO.....I won't dare to Toss & Wash as it's nasty. Also give a smoothie, or even a protein shake ( i.e muscle milk, workout shake, etc...) as they're thick and will hide the grittyness of the Kratom powder. Happy trails.

Lately, especially since I've been getting paid regularly - I've wanted to try Kratom.

There is a website that sells a tincture of Kratom (15mL's) and I'd very much like to try it. What are some reasons why I should? What are some reasons why I shouldn't? Also, is Kratom even all that great? I know it's an Adrenergic agonist, and a full Mu-Opioid agonist, but is it something that you can enjoy? Also, I'd really rather not smoke the stuff. Does anyone have experience with taking Kratom orally (specifically the tincture of Kratom mixtures?)

Thanks guys!

my boyfriend has had an opiate addiction and he took himself off of it and started taking kratom. he ususlly gets the UEI kratom and he opens the capsules and takes the leaf with something to drink. he says it is better that way. but i know it helps him so much and it is def worth the money! good luck!

I haven't taken the time to read this whole thread but am wondering if you are able to give good online stores/websites to order from? I'd like to order but am afraid I'm gonna end up with head-shop prepackaged crap. Let me know if were able to name sites or not, and sorry if I broke any rules.

Thanks much!
~T

Hey Captain....is there any chance you can IM me? If I remember correctly, I think we both live in the LB area and I'd love to pick your brain about sources and strains. Thanks brother.

Well, I thought I'd post an update.

I bought Kratom from a very reputable source twice only (this was several months ago now), and I found that while it was very 'opioid'-like, it felt way more like a SpeedBall than an opiate. Originally, the opioid effects were enough to overpower the adrenergic effects, but my tolerance built up quickly (like all of you said) and once that happened, it became so 'speedy' that it made it so I couldn't even sleep - even with 30 milligrams of Temazepam and SEVERAL milligrams of Xanax. So let's just say I quite using it pretty quickly.

As far as opioids go - it wasn't that bad at all. It was nice and mellow, but with an Amphetamine-type buzz behind it. I think that Kratom should be used more as a morning wake-up tea, rather than a nightly sleep-drink. Sort of in the sense that they say you should drink coffee after 6:00PM? I think the same think should be said about Kratom. It's too stimulating to drinking before you go to bed. And, according to everyone here... I had the most sedating 'strain' ! Even benzo's couldn't put me to sleep for more than two hours.; and even after I made a tea from 15 grams one night - 60 milligrams of Temazepam, 1 milligram of Klonopin, and 3.5 milligrams of Xanax couldn't keep me asleep for more than 3 hours!!!

So... Kratom? I'd say if you're not addicted to opioids and just want a nice high - don't go for it. Many states sell Codeine OTC - just get 120 milligrams of Codeine from your local pharmacy (I think you can only buy 120 milligrams per every two days) and take that instead.

That or buy some Vicodin from your friendly, neighborhood, dope dealer.

I bought Kratom from a very reputable source twice only (this was severall months ago now), and I found that while it was very 'opioid'-like, it felt way more like a SpeedBall than an opiate. Originally, the opioid effects were enough to overpower the adrenergic effects, but my tolerance built up quickly (like all of you said) and once that happened, it became so 'speedy' that it made it so I couldn't even sleep - even with 30 milligrams of Temazepam and SEVERAL milligrams of Xanax. So let's just say I quite using it pretty quickly.

I think this depends on the strain, but I'm not a heavy user by any means. I've found kratom strains that are very sedating, some that are speedy, and some that are a weird combo of both. But in addition, I've had strains that were supposed to be sedating but were speedy from some vendors and not others.

Many states sell Codeine OTC - just get 120 milligrams of Codeine from your local pharmacy (I think you can only buy 120 milligrams per every two days) and take that instead.

Which states are those? I've never heard of such a thing. I know they're OTC in the UK, but not in the States, to the best of my knowledge.

Which states are those? I've never heard of such a thing. I know they're OTC in the UK, but not in the States, to the best of my knowledge.

I know Wisconsin is one. I'm not sure about the rest. I think I've heard either D.C, or Washington is another. It all depends on the state laws. Also, it not OTC it's actually UTC. You have to ask for it in the same way you have to ask for Sudafed, but it doesn't require a prescription.

Never done it myself but the people I know who have (regular opiate users) say it didn't do anything for them. I've watched a few reviews online and a few people said it was an ok high, but most say it did nothing and it would only work for someone with no to a very low tolerance. My local head shop ran out the day I was gonna try it and I haven't been back since. You can only know if you try it. It may work for some and not for others. If if doesn't work, you know not to buy it again.