• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom - should I buy it?

My personal experiences with Kratom have not been anything great. I found it to be rather expensive at the smoke shop I bought it from. It was about $30 for maybe 20 capsules. I've gotten it 4 separate times; the first time I got a really dirty, sickly high and I threw up. It was strong though.

Second time, I tried to take less, felt NOTHING. so I took the rest, threw up, never felt a thing.

Third time I bought the most expensive one they had, the guy told me to start with 5 pills since i'm a small girl (120 lbs). So I said Fuck that, and I took about 10, then I felt mild euphoria, about an hour later the euphoria started to leave so I took the other 10, then I threw up, never got any stronger.

Fourth time, I bout a small liquid for $15. It comes in a small 5 hour energy type bottle, drank it all on an empty stomach. Never felt a thing, and didn't throw up this time.

I give Kratom 2 out of 10 stars. By the way, I had no opiate tolerance at this time.

ha... I'm an ope fiend and I asked the same question to my friend and he said "oh so, you maxed out your credit card so now you wanna open a new account to pay off the debt"... It was a good metaphor and I didn't order any.

the smoke shop I bought it from

That was your first mistake.

That was another one.

You shouldn't judge kratom based on these experiences. Buy online, don't buy capsules. I've never had a good experience from capsules and I've heard the same from other people. Start with plain leaf. Not all kratom is made equal.

ok thanks Doldrugs, I would give it another try. If I do, I will try one that is not processed.

That's true, but if she's barfing just on the capsules, she's really going to hurl with a toss n wash

Perhaps from the taste, but if you TnW correctly you shouldn't even taste the kratom at all. I've always found capsules to make me more bloated than just ingesting the powder (neither made me nauseated), but I guess it's not crazy to assume she'll still get sick.

However, something to keep in mind is that kratom purchased from a reliable online vendor is almost always more potent than headshop products (not to mention substantially cheaper) and less material = less potential for nausea. I'd give it another shot before calling it quits, just make sure you scale out your dose while also avoiding redoses for at least a couple hours after the initial.

I love kratom. I have been getting fine milled leaf for a year now from a great vendor.
Yes different strains will treat you differently. Inweigh it out and eat it and chase it with sunny d. I found that the acid in the juice kills the bitter.
But once I got my average dosage down I have had no problems.

I have over done it a few times and just got dizziness. I think.its a great plant however and a good pain killer.

ok so i do kratom quite frequently and have alot of good experience. the most recent was today and i just did .2g IV heroin and i just got pretty fucking good for 10g of quality kratom. good quality kratom is good, it is not bad and i have a tolerance.

My personal experience with Kratom is for sure a positive one. I got 25 grams of red Sumatra and 25 grams of bentuangie. The bentuangie is ridiculous for pain relief, I mean that in a good way. I take about 6 grams with some on or sunny d, and about 15 minutes later I feel he first effects, and 30 minutes later my pain is practically nonexistent for about 4-6 hours. The red sumatra I take about the same dosage and pretty much its the same, but the stimulative buzz lasts 2-2.5 times as long and I get a much better euphoria, but the duration of pain relief isn't as long. BTW I like to keep mine in the fridge as heat destroys the alkaloids hence the emphactic no smoking it. If anyone needs an ear ill be more than glad to help as much as I can. Just holler.

Wait what?

You guys bought Kratom from a smoke shop?! FOR $30?! I paid that much for a giant-ass vitamin supplement bottle with a couple OUNCES of the stuff. Fresh from Malaysia they said. Besides the fact that it was more of a speed-ball - only 6 grams made into a tea gave me an opioid buzz that was comparable to 20 milligrams of OXY! You guys are getting your asses ripped off buying from smoke shops.

Only buy online, only buy from reputable sources. The place I got them from (I can't mention here or else I'd post a link), gave me a bottle filled to the absolute top with fresh LEAVES. I then put those leaves into a teapot (yes you actually let the leaf simmer, but not boil) and then poured it out through a strainer. It tasted... not pleasant, but it was still better than a swig of high-proof vodka. I drank the entire thing in 10 minutes. And after 30 minutes, I was very 'dopey' (no pun intended).

For sure. Never buy kratom from a smoke shop. Fresh milled leaf from a good source is the way to.go.

I didn't buy from a smoke shop. I bought mine online from a site that only dealt with Kratom. I had a really good experience though.

Yeah no worries bro. The powder can be be pretty rough. I'd always heard not to buy the capsules as well,as was posted above.

Absolutely try Kratom.. It's way less addictive than opiates.. It has great pain relieving qualities.. It is very expensive if you buy it from a headshop. Online is the way to go.

Absolutely try Kratom.. It's way less addictive than opiates.. It has great pain relieving qualities.. It is very expensive if you buy it from a headshop. Online is the way to go.

Quoted for truth. I'm really liking it. Just look around you'll find a good source.

I don't really find kratom to be much different than any other opiate. It feels like an opiate and the addiction creeps up over a long period of time the same way it does when using any other opiates. The withdrawal is very classically opioid-like, but it does seem to develop at a much slower rate than when taking synthetic opioids. This is often assumed to be a good thing but for a person with an addictive personality it can be very bittersweet.

I love kratom. I don't get much out of benzos, which is odd because I have a steady level of anxiety. But kratom makes it melt away and has a great body high on top of that. Plus the maeng da keeps me awake and makes me more talkative and social. I keep my use down to once a week or less, so far so good.