• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom - should I buy it?

Lightning-Nl

Bluelighter
Lately, especially since I've been getting paid regularly - I've wanted to try Kratom.

There is a website that sells a tincture of Kratom (15mL's) and I'd very much like to try it. What are some reasons why I should? What are some reasons why I shouldn't? Also, is Kratom even all that great? I know it's an Adrenergic agonist, and a full Mu-Opioid agonist, but is it something that you can enjoy? Also, I'd really rather not smoke the stuff. Does anyone have experience with taking Kratom orally (specifically the tincture of Kratom mixtures?)

Thanks guys!

Yes I do think you should give it a try, that is if you have little to no opioid tolerance. A few things you should know, kratom is NOT to be smoked, at all so don't do that. Another thing is tinctures and extracts are a fucking waste, they usually don't have the full spectrum of alkaloids which leads the the experience feeling like somethings missing not to mention the price per dose is alot.

I say you just order an ounce of bali and see what it has to offer, 5 grams is a good starting dose, always buy plain leaf or if you want something strong the UEI extract is gret but it will fuck your tolerance very quickly and make withdrawals worse. If your sensitive to nausea making a tea will help and make the experience "cleaner" as a whole. To make the tea bring a small amount of water to just under a boil, add the kratom, stir, let sit for 15mins and most importantly STRAIN THE PLANT MATTER! it puzzles me how some people take the time to make tea and consume all the plant matter. For me kratom is like a 30mg hydro buzz with the stimulation of a couple cups of coffee with absolutely no jitters, with red veins like bali and red vein borneo the whole experience can be sedating and euphoric.

Just a disclaimer, kratom is a mu agonist which means there is addiction potential. Kratom withdrawals suck (albeit not as bad as opioids) so definately don't get addicted. I find that kratom for me is a medicine that treats my anxiety, depression, motivational problems, and back pain so it was VERY easy to just say fuck it and hand my soul to kratom, if you have mental health issues you may feel the same. I honestly don't mind being addicted though as my overall quality of life has improved quite a bit since starting kratom, it works better than anything some psychiatrist is gonna hand me for my issues (likely lousy SSRI'). YMMV

If you have any questions about kratom I would be more than willing to answer them whether through PM's or this thread, I'm very informed and experienced with this amazing plant.

Last edited:
You don't smoke kratom unless you like taking 50 puffs to get a small high. 100 puffs to really get any sort of desirable high. And by then, your lungs and throat are dying so its not worth it. Oral route is best. Kratom is worth giving a try if your opiate tolerance is within 80mg oxy. REALLY worth trying if you're opiate tolerance is within 40mg oxy. I would stay away from tinctures/extracts if you plan on being a regular user. Regular leaf is the way to go. Just get some decent kratom caps or buy some good quality leaf to make your own tea. Bali Kratom seems to be a favorite among people who want the opiate feel. You should go research 'strains of kratom' and see what kind of feeling you are looking for. Each has some distinct properties ranging from stimulant like effects to sedative/opiate effects. The best bang for your buck is also in buying leaf and anything that isn't an extract/tincture. Those can be nice on some occasions but some 'kratom enthusiast' will say that they lack some of the properties of the regular leaf. They are usually grossly overpriced as well. My opinion on Kratom and how great it is? It's pretty damn amazing to someone who has little to no opiate tolerance. It's decent(feels like 20-40mg oxy) at times for people with a mild tolerance. Anyone with a decent opiate tolerance usually get nothing out of kratom unless using it for maintenance, stopping withdrawal.

Well I just realized that there is literally no website that will accept PayPal, and I don't get paid until Friday, so, instead, I bought some Poppy Seeds.

I'm planning on making poppy seed tea. I got a great deal on the seeds. I bought 8 ounces worth of seeds (roughly equal I about 20000 individual seeds) for the price of around only 1/4 of that. The best part is, the guy selling them claims that he's in the military and that these seeds were confiscated from Afghani Opium growers. They were supposed to be destroyed, but he got them past military customs and now he's selling them.

Kratom, I'm gonna buy on Friday. Probably with an e-Cig lol

Last edited:
Yes I do think you should give it a try, that is if you have little to no opioid tolerance. A few things you should know, kratom is NOT to be smoked, at all so don't do that. Another thing is tinctures and extracts are a fucking waste, they usually don't have the full spectrum of alkaloids which leads the the experience feeling like somethings missing not to mention the price per dose is alot. I say you just order an ounce of bali and see what it has to offer, 5 grams is a good starting dose, always buy plain leaf or if you want something strong the UEI extract is gret but it will fuck your tolerance very quickly and make withdrawals worse. If your sensitive to nausea making a tea will help and make the experience "cleaner" as a whole. To make the tea bring a small amount of water to just under a boil, add the kratom, stir, let sit for 15mins and most importantly STRAIN THE PLANT MATTER! it puzzles me how some people take the time to make tea and consume all the plant matter. For me kratom is like a 30mg hydro buzz with the stimulation of a couple cups of coffee with absolutely no jitters, with red veins like bali and red vein borneo the whole experience can be sedating and euphoric.

Just a disclaimer, kratom is a mu agonist which means there is addiction potential. Kratom withdrawals suck (albeit not as bad as opioids) so definately don't get addicted. I find that kratom for me is a medicine that treats my anxiety, depression, motivational problems, and back pain so it was VERY easy to just say fuck it and hand my soul to kratom, if you have mental health issues you may feel the same. I honestly don't mind being addicted though as my overall quality of life has improved quite a bit since starting kratom, it works better than anything some psychiatrist is gonna hand me for my issues (likely lousy SSRI'). YMMV

If you have any questions about kratom I would be more than willing to answer them whether through PM's or this thread, I'm very informed and experienced with this amazing plant.

Wow. Great information. That went above and beyond what I was expecting.

So the Bali "strain" produces more typical opioid-like effects? Good to know. That'll probably be the one I buy then. I'm more of a person who likes nod-worthy highs, so I'll try that. Do you think I'll be able to sleep if I take it at night?

Also, have you ever combined it with benzo's?

Yes I do think you should give it a try, that is if you have little to no opioid tolerance. A few things you should know, kratom is NOT to be smoked, at all so don't do that. Another thing is tinctures and extracts are a fucking waste, they usually don't have the full spectrum of alkaloids which leads the the experience feeling like somethings missing not to mention the price per dose is alot. I say you just order an ounce of bali and see what it has to offer, 5 grams is a good starting dose, always buy plain leaf or if you want something strong the UEI extract is gret but it will fuck your tolerance very quickly and make withdrawals worse. If your sensitive to nausea making a tea will help and make the experience "cleaner" as a whole. To make the tea bring a small amount of water to just under a boil, add the kratom, stir, let sit for 15mins and most importantly STRAIN THE PLANT MATTER! it puzzles me how some people take the time to make tea and consume all the plant matter. For me kratom is like a 30mg hydro buzz with the stimulation of a couple cups of coffee with absolutely no jitters, with red veins like bali and red vein borneo the whole experience can be sedating and euphoric.

Great info.

So is Kratom similar to a full agonist opiate?

How quickly does tolerance build? How many weeks/months of constant use to produce withdrawals when stopped?

Wow. Great information. That went above and beyond what I was expecting.

So the Bali "strain" produces more typical opioid-like effects? Good to know. That'll probably be the one I buy then. I'm more of a person who likes nod-worthy highs, so I'll try that. Do you think I'll be able to sleep if I take it at night?

Also, have you ever combined it with benzo's?
Yeah as a rule of thumb red veins are the most sedating and opioid like while green veins are the most stimulating, white veins are in between the two effects wise, this doesn't ALWAYS apply but the majority of times it's the case. I've combined kratom with all drugs I've taken in the last 3 years as I'm dependant on it and always under the influence of kratom.

Benzos are an ok mix however I feel that if the benzo dose is too high they tend to dull the euphoria a bit. A plus is that kratom causes practicaly zero resperatory depression, even with benzos, alcohol, and other depressants I've never noticed any significant breathing issues. Kratom is a very safe plant with a complex list of alkaloids that range from immunostimulants to antibiotics, to cancer preventatives. And yes you should be able to sleep if it's one of sedating red veins, bali is the cheapest, most available, and IMO best strain so I highly reccomend picking some of that up. It takes time and experimentation to find the right strain that works for you but if your looking for opioid effects stick with red veins.

Red vein thai, kalimantan red vein, bali, and red vein borneo are my favorite red veins so check those out as well. Check out this fantastic post explaining the wide array of alkaloids, it's hard to look at kratom and not think it's truely a medicine after seeing all the benefits these alkaloids provide.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=488576
Great info.

So is Kratom similar to a full agonist opiate?

How quickly does tolerance build? How many weeks/months of constant use to produce withdrawals when stopped?
Kratom is very strange in that tolerance seems to build extremely slowly, I'm only taking 3 grams more than what I was using 3 years ago. Kratom has mu agonists as well as one antagonist and I believe this is why tolerance doesn't build much. It took around a month of daily use to become dependant on kratom.

Also kratom has both full agonists as well as partial agonists but it feels like partial agonist. You can't really get any high from it that exceeds 40mgs hydro and thats if your strain is of good quality.

UEI or "ultra enhanced indo" on the other hand is a powerful extract active at around a gram and that feels just as good as medium to high dose oxy, like I said though UEI and extracts in general should be used very sparingly as they carry stronger dependance issues as well as tolerance issues.

I'm also gonna add that the withdrawals are very real and they suck but kratom withdrawals carry no sort of GI issues that other opioids cause when in withdrawal. I never get any nausea, vomiting, diahrea, or cramps and In fact I can eat as much as I want when I'm in withdrawals and have no GI distress, the same can't be said for nearly all opiates/opioids.

Last edited:
More great information! ^^

How would you say Kratom is in terms of anxiety relief? I'd love to be able to just chew on a Kratom leaf when I'm getting to the point that I think I'm going to have a panic attack. Would that work? Do you think? I ask because, at work especially, there's no way I can afford to take benzo's. I need to be alert, and willing in order to perform my job correctly. Do you think Kratom would be a good, occasional, replacement for Lorazepam?

How does Kratom do if combined with Amphetamine? Have you done this? And if you have, what are the side-effects of this combination like?

Kratom can be a double edged sword when it comes to anxiety. For the most part kratom is fantastic for anxiety but every once in a while it can actually induce anxiety. Benzos are most definately effective but kratom smooths you right out as well. Also don't expect to be able to find fresh leaves, practically all kratom sold is either crushed leaf or powdered leaf.

Kratom take about an hour to peak when eating straight leaf/powder and 40mins when taken as a tea. I usually make one big pot every morning with all my doses and use volumetric dosing to seperate them, tea works best for anxiety, makes the peak stronger, reduces side effects, and saves your poor intestines from having to prcess grams and grams of hydrophobic powdered plant
Make sure you have at least a cheap .1 scale. Each strain has it's own weight which makes eyeballing impossible not to mention a "tbsp" can be either 3 grams or 6. I find that if I dose even 1 gram too low I'll be completely underwhelmed and if I dose 2 grams over my regular dose I'll get dizzy, nauseated, and have really bad "eye wiggles".

I hate stims so I've never combined them bur I imagine it would round out that amphetamine edge. I have taken it with stimulant empathogens and speedy psychedelics and it really ease the tension and jitters of the experience, with kratom I can make a horrible MDMA comedown enjoyable.

Last edited:
Kratom can be a double edged sword when it comes to anxiety. For the most part kratom is fantastic for anxiety but every once in a while it can actually induce anxiety. Benzos are most definately effective but kratom smooths you right out as well. Also don't expect to be able to find fresh leaves, practically all kratom sold is either crushed leaf or powdered leaf. Kratom take about an hour to peak when eating straight leaf/powder and 40mins when taken as a tea. I usually make one big pot every morning with all my doses and use volumetric dosing to seperate them, tea works best for anxiety, makes the peak stronger, reduces side effects, and saves your poor intestines from having to prcess grams and grams of hydrophobic powdered plant.Make sure you have at least a cheap .1 scale. Each strain has it's own weight which makes eyeballing impossible not to mention a "tbsp" can be either 3 grams or 6. I find that if I dose even 1 gram too low I'll be completely underwhelmed and if I dose 2 grams over my regular dose I'll get dizzy, nauseated, and have really bad "eye wiggles". I hate stims so I've never combined them bur I imagine it would round out that amphetamine edge. I have taken it with stimulant empathogens and speedy psychedelics and it really ease the tension and jitters of the experience, with kratom I can make a horrible MDMA comedown enjoyable.

Again, great information about the understudied Kratom. It was a little difficult for me to read though. In the future, just for reference, you could probably get a lot more people to read your posts if you sliced that huge paragraph into two separate paragraphs. ;)

Be careful. Its fine for most people, but in a small percentage of users it can cause adverse hepatic (liver) events. Look up the "health problems" section of the kratom trip reports on erowid.

Just be careful. Discontinue use immediately if you get abdominal pain, start to turn yellow (especially the whites of your eyes), or have very dark colored urine or very light colored feces. These are all signs of kratom-induced hepatitis.

So you kind of freaked me out. Maybe it's just because I'm a hypochondriac, but I could swear that I have everything you just said. Seriously...

For the past month, my urine has been incredibly dark and had noticeable speaks in it. Speaks that almost look like dead skin or something. I just checked my eyes right now, and upon closer inspection - it definitely looks like they have a slight yellow tinge to them. My skin looks the same way - a slight yellow tinge. Nothing like what you see on the wiki page about Hepatitis, but still noticeable.

Also, I've had significant bowel issues and abdominal pain lately. To be honest, I always have abdominal issues and Pepcid seems to solve it - but lately, it's been worse...

Should I seek medical attention? I'm genuinely freaked out now... I know how dangerous liver issues can be. I saw, first hand, what happened when my grandmother was dying of congestive heart failure. Anyways, I'm gonna try drinking a couple glasses of water, an see if that helps. Also, I should probably stop drinking all the soda - so I'll so that too. Replace my soda intake with water and see if that improves things.

But anyways, seriously. Do I need to seek emergency medical attention?

I find Kratom amazing for WDs & Amp comedowns, its only a decent high for me cause I have a tolerance but seriously... HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GUYS GET THIS SHIT DOWN?? I've heard a lot of drugs I've taken to be "horrific" and "disgusting" but never have I had trouble always been over rated but Kratom??? I don't know what it is about it but for me it IS absolutely disgusting I gag every time I dose. Any tips?? I've read numerous times the simple toss n wash method which is what I do but is there anything else? I'vetthought parachute but to be able to actually fit a decent amount in a tissue it wouldn't even be able to go down? What do you guys only put a little each tissue & keep going till you reach your dose etc?

So you kind of freaked me out. Maybe it's just because I'm a hypochondriac, but I could swear that I have everything you just said. Seriously...

For the past month, my urine has been incredibly dark and had noticeable speaks in it. Speaks that almost look like dead skin or something. I just checked my eyes right now, and upon closer inspection - it definitely looks like they have a slight yellow tinge to them. My skin looks the same way - a slight yellow tinge. Nothing like what you see on the wiki page about Hepatitis, but still noticeable.

Also, I've had significant bowel issues and abdominal pain lately. To be honest, I always have abdominal issues and Pepcid seems to solve it - but lately, it's been worse...

Should I seek medical attention? I'm genuinely freaked out now... I know how dangerous liver issues can be. I saw, first hand, what happened when my grandmother was dying of congestive heart failure. Anyways, I'm gonna try drinking a couple glasses of water, an see if that helps. Also, I should probably stop drinking all the soda - so I'll so that too. Replace my soda intake with water and see if that improves things.

But anyways, seriously. Do I need to seek emergency medical attention?

Dude, I think he was saying those are adverse reactions to Kratom and watch out for them. But if you are jaundiced anyway then I guess a checkup might be a good idea.

If you are checking the sclera of your eyes for jaundice (sclere = white part) then you need to do it in natural light. Don't use artificial light because it can have a yellowish/orangish hue to it that. When I look at my eye in my bathroom at night, they always look a bit yellow, but its just the artificial light reflecting off them. If I look during the day with no lights on in the room my eyes always look plain white.

If you still look a bit jaundiced I would definitely get it checked out. A doctor will order the appropriate tests. Keep drinking water for the time being, see if that helps. But if you really think you are looking a bit jaundiced I would go to a doctor or urgent care center if you can't get an appointment quickly.

Where is your pain in the abdomen?'

I find Kratom amazing for WDs & Amp comedowns, its only a decent high for me cause I have a tolerance but seriously... HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GUYS GET THIS SHIT DOWN?? I've heard a lot of drugs I've taken to be "horrific" and "disgusting" but never have I had trouble always been over rated but Kratom??? I don't know what it is about it but for me it IS absolutely disgusting I gag every time I dose. Any tips?? I've read numerous times the simple toss n wash method which is what I do but is there anything else? I'vetthought parachute but to be able to actually fit a decent amount in a tissue it wouldn't even be able to go down? What do you guys only put a little each tissue & keep going till you reach your dose etc?

I feel the exact same way with the exaggeration of how bad drugs taste, except kratom. I mean it is so awful even the smell, at this point, makes me gag. I just made a comment in the Suboxone mega thread about this because someone was complaining about Subs taste. Phenibut is another that its like 'sure it tastes bad, but I can tolerate it', though people complain about how awful it tastes. But Kratom is just so bad tasting it is in a league by itself.

I try the toss and wash and always have tasted way more than I care for. I prefer mixing it with OJ and downing it real quick before it settles to the top. Still is nasty though because it doesn't mix well.

I suppose capsulizing them would be a good idea. Pretty cheap to buy them and filling them can't be too hard. I guess a tincture would be easier to consume, though I hear they don't work as well.

Last edited:
I bought a little capsule maker several years ago just because of these issues with kratom...it works great and is the only way i can take it..

Dude, I think he was saying those are adverse reactions to Kratom and watch out for them. But if you are jaundiced anyway then I guess a checkup might be a good idea.

If you are checking the sclera of your eyes for jaundice (sclere = white part) then you need to do it in natural light. Don't use artificial light because it can have a yellowish/orangish hue to it that. When I look at my eye in my bathroom at night, they always look a bit yellow, but its just the artificial light reflecting off them. If I look during the day with no lights on in the room my eyes always look plain white.

If you still look a bit jaundiced I would definitely get it checked out. A doctor will order the appropriate tests. Keep drinking water for the time being, see if that helps. But if you really think you are looking a bit jaundiced I would go to a doctor or urgent care center if you can't get an appointment quickly.

Where is your pain in the abdomen?'

I feel the exact same way with the exaggeration of how bad drugs taste, except kratom. I mean it is so awful even the smell, at this point, makes me gag. I just made a comment in the Suboxone mega thread about this because someone was complaining about Subs taste. Phenibut is another that its like 'sure it tastes bad, but I can tolerate it', though people complain about how awful it tastes. But Kratom is just so bad tasting it is in a league by itself.

I try the toss and wash and always have tasted way more than I care for. I prefer mixing it with OJ and downing it real quick before it settles to the top. Still is nasty though because it doesn't mix well.

I suppose capsulizing them would be a good idea. Pretty cheap to buy them and filling them can't be too hard. I guess a tincture would be easier to consume, though I hear they don't work as well.

I enjoy the smell of kratom and can tolerate the taste, never once has it made me gag. Like you I prefer to mix mine in a glass of OJ and down it like a big shot. I first add about an inch or so of hot tap water in the glass which allows the kratom to mix since the stuff doesn't mix in cold liquids. Once the k-mud is made I'll let it sit for 10 minutes or so, this softens it up and makes it much less gritty. Then fill the rest of the glass with OJ, give it a quick stir and slam it. :)

I'll let it sit for 10 minutes or so, this softens it up and makes it much less gritty. Then fill the rest of the glass with OJ, give it a quick stir and slam it. :)

Funny. I used to do the same thing when I would strain Ethanol from hand sanitizer. It would get all the goo and other chemicals out... except the fragrance and bitterant.

You know how alcohol is hard to drink to begin with? Well I could barely get that down without puking. I'd try mixing it with OJ and other shit, but that only made it just 1% above impossible to drink. Anyways, after I did that for a while; eventually I would get nauseous just smelling hand sanitizer.

Glad I'm able to sleep without having to do that anymore.

haven't read this thread but my experience was that i'd have an ALL DAY hangover the next day, literally just lying down / sitting in a chair and trying not to move too much. no need to throw up but just felt so lethargic / bit of a headache. happened 2 or 3 times and i said never again

tried maybe 4 or 5 times, but i couldn't get the effects i wanted... don't know why i haven't tossed the stuff tbh, i guess it's cause i decided just to go find oxy (no next day hangover / easy to swallow pill / dosage is quick and easy / liked the high more )

good luck but it was just time wasted for me

haven't read this thread but my experience was that i'd have an ALL DAY hangover the next day, literally just lying down / sitting in a chair and trying not to move too much. no need to throw up but just felt so lethargic / bit of a headache. happened 2 or 3 times and i said never again

tried maybe 4 or 5 times, but i couldn't get the effects i wanted... don't know why i haven't tossed the stuff tbh, i guess it's cause i decided just to go find oxy (no next day hangover / easy to swallow pill / dosage is quick and easy / liked the high more )

good luck but it was just time wasted for me

I've never gotten a hangover from kratom but I also never dose over 5 grams (usually 3-4). If I could afford to be on oxy/hydro more often then I would but sadly I can't. I use the good stuff once a month and use kratom to fill the void in between plus I can take a week off and be 90% back to baseline which is something I can't do with true opioids.