Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CLVII: Clinging to all the right places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite.

You do seem to have a bit of a fetish for labelling people and putting them in neat little boxes, Raas.

Personally, I don't find the word offensive but maybe a tad ignorant. There's more to everybody than a single trait. I'm very partial to mashed potatoes; does that make me a "Masher"? I like reading books too - "Readie"? Quite fond of wanking, does that make me... oh.

But in general, it's a bit short-sighted to think of people as being simplistic stereotypes, sticking a generic label on 'em then expecting them to just fit with whatever preconceived notion you have of a "Druggie" or whatever. Not offensive as such, just a bit silly.

My fetishes of labelling people are generally cleaner compared to most other peoples fetishes on this forum. And that's only the ones we know about.

Alas, in fairness I am in a grumpy mood this evening. Starvation, over-tiredness, a tad bit of alcohol, and my weeks surplus cash being claimed by SHM are responsible.

The term "druggie" generally connotes to being a bit of a loser when used. But really, what else do you call someone who takes drugs? Musical people are musicians, art lovers are artists... druggies are, well, druggies, no?

foolsgold said:
I am masturbator does that make me a wanker ?

yes, yes definitely it does. We're all wankers, really. Except me of course. Not compromising my spirit of grace and beauty for a couple minutes of peverse, filthy thoughts.

*cough* yea right

Last edited:
Good morning all, hope your day is more productive than mine. I've been staring at my computer screen for well over an hour now, trying to get work done on my research proposal but my focus is failing me

certain substances can help with that, they can get you started at least, when even just starting is difficult sometimes. One 2,000 word essay i had to do was on the most boring subject ever, and i boshed a functional dose of speed. From the moment i first picked up a book i started rewriting it in my own words and got the whole thing completed in one sitting in 5 or 6 hours. The quickest essay id ever done completely from scratch. They usually took me days and days just trying to stay awake reading the materials was a feat in itself sometimes to get an overview of the subject, and then dawdling for hours before putting the first word to paper.

The term "druggie" generally connotes to being a bit of a loser when used. But really, what else do you call someone who takes drugs? Musical people are musicians, art lovers are artists... druggies are, well, druggies, no?

Well, I would call you Raas cos I don't know your given name. EADD folk tend to call me Shambles or some variation thereof whether they know my given name or not. I won't ram the point home cos if you've missed it this many times already it's probably not gonna reach you when half-starved and grumpy, but sure the penny will drop at some point ;)

That aside, mornin', all :)

certain substances can help with that, they can get you started at least, when even just starting is difficult sometimes. One 2,000 word essay i had to do was on the most boring subject ever, and i boshed a functional dose of speed. From the moment i first picked up a book i started rewriting it in my own words and got the whole thing completed in one sitting in 5 or 6 hours. The quickest essay id ever done completely from scratch. They usually took me days and days just trying to stay awake reading the materials was a feat in itself sometimes to get an overview of the subject, and then dawdling for hours before putting the first word to paper.

Yeah I know, I still have some 4-FA somewhere which I may dip into later today. Anyway, enough with the moaning. Weather's great here so I just might go for a long walk in a bit.

A new gibberings already?? 8o

Awesome.

How is everyone this day? <3 Who's happy and who's sad?

Yeah I know, I still have some 4-FA somewhere which I may dip into later today. Anyway, enough with the moaning. Weather's great here so I just might go for a long walk in a bit.

i have a feeling that substance may be too recreational, ie you'll not want to be doing boring work, but will want to put tunes on and do more fun stuff instead. I may well be wrong in that though, and a low dose may give you some functional stimulation. Coltdan seems to use most 4FA out of anyone here, he'll be able to advise you better than me about that.

A new gibberings already?? 8o

Awesome.

How is everyone this day? <3 Who's happy and who's sad?

im ok thanks, how's you ?

Im trying to decide whether to try to rebuild (reload the o/s onto my new computer for about the 10th time) or see if i can get my first pc working again, for the purposes of pc gaming. I've seen an advert for the 'living dead' i think it was called, it looked awesome, i'd like to get me a copy of that. I think it was for the xbox though, dunno if they made a version for pcs. As i got up reasonably early today i feel as if i should get something accomplished today.

I'm good.

Term just restarted at uni. I got shortlisted to do an industry show, which is cool, but there's a lot of work involved and I fear the next 3 months are going to be very stressful. But my German girl is coming to visit soon =D I really hope I can hold it together! I absolutely adore this girl; would hate to let her slip away.

Don't you mean sprechen sie Deutsch?

Nae bother, she speaks perfect English. Like every German under the age of 50.

thats the badger, i'd guess it might impress her a bit if you did happen to sprechen sie little bit of Deutsch. Btw dont mention the war. :D

Hahahahaha

Would it also help if I put on a German accent, a la Raiders of the Lost Ark? I think not.

There are other ways to impress a girl ;) She thinks I'm cool cos I'm in a band and do art. I beg to differ, but if she thinks I'm cool that's half the battle won.

That'll be far more impressive then yeah. Sounds like you are off to a good start. Especially as your music is actually good, like that improvised 'ambient' thing you did on the violin.

Quite.

You do seem to have a bit of a fetish for labelling people and putting them in neat little boxes, Raas.

Personally, I don't find the word offensive but maybe a tad ignorant. There's more to everybody than a single trait. I'm very partial to mashed potatoes; does that make me a "Masher"? I like reading books too - "Readie"? Quite fond of wanking, does that make me... oh.

But in general, it's a bit short-sighted to think of people as being simplistic stereotypes, sticking a generic label on 'em then expecting them to just fit with whatever preconceived notion you have of a "Druggie" or whatever. Not offensive as such, just a bit silly.

LMFAO... but yea people are complicated human beings n can't be put into one box as much as it 's easier for us to do so. Knock you're more than just a "druggie"... Oi I'm trying to defend you here haha :)

Wheeeeeeyyyy my stuff has finally arrived. lovely

Hope everybody is all good today

i have a feeling that substance may be too recreational, ie you'll not want to be doing boring work, but will want to put tunes on and do more fun stuff instead. I may well be wrong in that though, and a low dose may give you some functional stimulation. Coltdan seems to use most 4FA out of anyone here, he'll be able to advise you better than me about that.

I've used it before in low doses but it always is a bit of a gamble, it's helped me be very creative and productive at times, but others I got too distracted by 'fun stuff'. But since I'm hardly being productive anyway I guess it's worth the risk :)

Status
Not open for further replies.