• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

2-p-Tolyl-cyclopropylamine/2-PTC

PsychedelicSicknes

Bluelighter
Hey ! i was looking to make another order and i noticed my supplier has r-mdma crystal. ok ive had bk mdma, mdma but r-mdma ? ive been trying to search it and i found that mdma comes in a few forms mdma ,dl mdma, s mdma and r mdma. So is r mdma close to mdma ? or is it more akin to mdma how bk-mdma is ? jesus thats a tounge twister. So to reiterate is it like mdma, how close , and would you consider it pretty much the same thing ? thanks guys !!

Last edited by a moderator:
R-(-) MDMA is slightly less potent than S-(+) MDMA but its pretty rare to see true split enantiomer MDMA. Its almost always racemic (50/50 mix of the two).

I'd ask your dealer if they mean racemic MDMA. It doesn't really make sense to sell the less potent R-(-) unless there is a synthesis route that makes R-(-) exclusively that is more convenient.

Either way, the difference between the two is probably negligible but I've never tested anything other than racemic as far as I know.

Its still MDMA either way by the way. They're mirror images of each other.

EDIT: I think I might have gotten that backwards actually. I believe R-(-) is the more potent of the two.

From wiki:

The disposition of MDMA may also be stereoselective, with the S-enantiomer having a shorter elimination half-life and greater excretion than the R-enantiomer. Evidence suggests[128] that the area under the blood plasma concentration versus time curve (AUC) was two to four times higher for the (R)-enantiomer than the (S)-enantiomer after a 40 mg oral dose in human volunteers. Likewise, the plasma half-life of (R)-MDMA was significantly longer than that of the (S)-enantiomer (5.8 ± 2.2 hours vs 3.6 ± 0.9 hours). However, because MDMA excretion and metabolism have nonlinear kinetics,[129] the half-lives would be higher at more typical doses (100 mg is sometimes considered a typical dose[121]). Given as the racemate MDMA has a half-life of around 8 hours.

Last edited:
^ nah, you had it right.

I received research samples of each of the two isomers from my NIMH contacts, and set up a pretty much blind study. One of the results was clear and not unexpected. The "S" isomer was clearly the more potent one -- the effective dose was between 60 and 120 milligrams, whereas the "R" isomer was barely threshold at 160 milligrams. This was about a 2:1 weight ratio favoring the "S" or "stimulant" isomer as defining the action. What was unexpected was that neither isomer gave the magic of the racemic MDMA. It was almost as if both the separate pharmacological components needed to be present to experience the unusual properties of this drug.
http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/shulgin/adsarchive/isomers.htm[\quote]

By all accounts, either isomer of MDMA alone will be inferior to the racemic version. Also, it takes a LOT of extra time and money to make a sample enantiomerically pure.... there's no reason to do that if the end product is less sought out to begin with. So I'd be VERY wary of this "MDMA", seems like he may be trying to pass off something similar as MDMA and wants to cover his tracks by saying it's "r-MDMA"

Ok well it sounds just as illegal as reall mdma or bk mdma, while i may get some for myself but for my purposes i can buy bulk if thats the case. I will let you guys know what my supplier said, i asked for details about it. Makes me wonder if she just says its r-mdma bc. bk-mdma is now illegal in china and maybe they wanted to pass it off like u said as r-mdma. as tempting as it sounds. ill prob just order more 4fa and 4mec and just a test amount of r-mdma. SO to be clear, its JUST as illegal in the us as real mdma ? i was hoping it would be in the grey area like bk mdea and all those others alike. THanks you guys helped alot !!

SO to be clear, its JUST as illegal in the us as real mdma ?
yes, because it is real mdma. "real" mdma is a 50/50 mixture of R-MDMA and S-MDMA.

be sure to test your product, it really does sound a bit fishy to me...

Ok lol thanks. sorry to sound inept i just wanted to have that reiterated. But she is a well known vendor so im not really worried about bieng scammed at all, i send her lots of dough and have never ever been burned. but i went and looked at the products list again and it is named 2-PTC/r-mdma and i searched that into google and alot of stuff came up. nothing about effects though i mean i would kill for a real mdma connect but im just thinking it has to be a mistake or misnamed. i asked the vendor specifically what it was and if it has another name and if its just mdma. Bc here is what throws me off. She recently quit carrying M1 and 4emc 4mec bc they are illegal in china now so why would she vend r-mdma if she was worried about chinese laws. isnt mdma or r-mdma illegal in china correct ? bc she seems very conscoius about not selling scheduled things in her country. thanks guys ! hopefully the 2-ptc sheds some light on the situation lol Peace !

wtf she just e mailed me back and said its a replacement for methylone,thats all. what the fuck does that mean. that doesnthelp anything. i replied back " im confused r-mdma IS THE EXACT same as regular MDMA, all MDMA is a mixture of r-mdma and s-mdma. So is it truly r-mdma or another cathinone your just calling r-mdma" lol shes inst fluent in english other than to make a transaction so i dont even expect her to know. ill add 5g to my order and let u guys know lol

i just did a quick search, found some suppliers, some even with halfway-proper chemical names. so apparently it looks like this:
2w409oz.png

yikes! looks pretty toxic to me. the close resemblance to p-methyl-amphetamine imho doesn't look good (neither does the cyclopropane ring). i'm not even sure if it fits the amphetamine SAR...

at least we know now that it isn't a cathinone.

edit: ah, now i know what it reminded me of. tranylcypromine. that one is no stimulant. it's an irreversible MAOI.

Ok , after doing some research on 2-PTC aka r-mdma, i found that its 2-p-Tolyl-cyclopropylamine, which is def not r-mdma correct lol ? she said its a methylone replacement and i would imagine she wouldnt still have it it was causing neg effects to people. but the 2 ptc just sounds nasty

Wow. What the fuck, if she was calling that MDMA that is seriously fucked up.

Fucking RC vendors have no shame.

That looks extremely toxic, cyclopropanes can akylate your dna and cause cancer, and one with an amine at that position is more likely to fragment and ring open and form a bunch of nasty reactive intermediates.

your vendor is a scumbag trying to take advantage of you is the conclusion you should be able to draw

That looks extremely toxic, cyclopropanes can akylate your dna and cause cancer, and one with an amine at that position is more likely to fragment and ring open and form a bunch of nasty reactive intermediates.

not only that (well, that's bad enough [might not be quite as bad, seeing as cypenamine is used as a pharmaceutical drug], but it gets worse). the unmethylated compound is a MAOI (requiring an appropriate diet to avert a potentially lethal hypertensive crisis) and a weak stimulant. if the methylated compound (2-ptc/r-"mdma") is to the unmethylated one as p-methyl-amp is to amp, then it should also be a(n especially neurotoxic) serotonin releaser on its own. so you're looking at a substance that might cause serotonin syndrome just by itself.

let's please boycott vendor that sell this crap to unsuspecting people.

folley said:
I received research samples of each of the two isomers from my NIMH contacts, and set up a pretty much blind study. One of the results was clear and not unexpected. The "S" isomer was clearly the more potent one -- the effective dose was between 60 and 120 milligrams, whereas the "R" isomer was barely threshold at 160 milligrams. This was about a 2:1 weight ratio favoring the "S" or "stimulant" isomer as defining the action. What was unexpected was that neither isomer gave the magic of the racemic MDMA. It was almost as if both the separate pharmacological components needed to be present to experience the unusual properties of this drug.
http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/shul...ve/isomers.htm

Yup, pretty much this. Shulgin documented corroborating results in PiHKAL. I think the jury's out on why the racemate is 'magic'...It could be that the less potent R-isomer 'rounds things out' with mild direct 5ht agonism, but who knows. Now, I would bet that a fifty-fifty mixture of S-MDMA + R-MDA would be a true gem, highlighting the respective empathogenic and psychedelic aspects of the two compounds combined into one synergistic experience.

But I don't think that we'll ever really see any of these enantiomer pure compounds on the street as there's not commonly available precursor lending itself to such syntheses, no 'methylenedioxy-pseudoephedrine".

ebola

Last edited:
This stuff sounds like the nastiest thing to come out of China yet. I wouldn't touch it. And I would get a new vendor.

I edited the thread title to include the chemical name and removed r-mdma from it since that's not what this is. Hopefully everyone stays away from this one. Even the molecular image just gives off a warning of "toxic" as soon as I look at it and that's with no chemistry background and just going based off of the fact I think the cyclopropane ring looks like a stinger or a thorn. :p

I think the cyclopropane ring looks like a stinger or a thorn. :p

it's more like a spring-loaded barbed whip :). once you "push" it too hard, it cracks open, "swings around" and attaches to the first thing it can find. dna, proteins (like MAO), lipids, whatever.

edit: great, editing and quoting works again!

it's more like a spring-loaded barbed whip :). once you "push" it too hard, it cracks open, "swings around" and attaches to the first thing it can find. dna, proteins (like MAO), lipids, whatever

That is both awesome and scary as fuck at the same time. -.-

The madness with the research chemicals needs to stop... This stuff will definitely kill people.

And wouldn't it be more like a mephedrone analog than an MDMA analog anyway?

I'm not even entirely sure this conversation belongs in the MED forum. It doesn't really sound like this chemical is going to be an empathogen and likely just a flat out deadly toxin.

The madness with the research chemicals needs to stop... This stuff will definitely kill people.
i concur. but sadly, i think this will continue until we get more sensible drug laws...

And wouldn't it be more like a mephedrone analog than an MDMA analog anyway?

I'm not even entirely sure this conversation belongs in the MED forum. It doesn't really sound like this chemical is going to be an empathogen and likely just a flat out deadly toxin.
exactly.

it could turn out to be just another MAOI with no additional dangers but i doubt it.
i guess it's more suited for ADD. let's hope that we don't get a lot of "r-mdma" threads here in the future if this thread isn't here anymore...

i guess it's more suited for ADD. let's hope that we don't get a lot of "r-mdma" threads here in the future if this thread isn't here anymore...

Its for this reason alone that I'm leaving it in MED for the time being. I guess this will be a new merge thread if it starts popping up more.

I really hope this doesn't actually get picked up by vendors though. Dead customers don't do them any favors.

Thanks for changing the title , i was trying to eit it once i found out its 2-ptc. But yea apparently my vendor didnt coin the term. Shes a great vendor, cheapest prices and great quality so i dont she is being shady or anything at all, its just whats going around in china now i guess. BUT it kinda pisses me off bc thats gonna throw n someone off just like it did me ya knoe. i searched 2-ptc/r-mdma into google and apparently ALOT of chinese vendors sell it and its ALL named exactly 2-ptc/r-mdma not just 2-ptc it alwasy has a /r-mdma next to it (2-ptc/r-mdma) WHY the fuck would they even call it r-mdma. and istsays " mdma like" in all those weird oversears vendor trading sites. i would never buy from lol

So yea thanks for the help guys. i was looking for something new to replace 4mec and 4emc since they are illegal now in china, slim pickings now. just like 4fa's 2fma's and avpv's left. all those lame Lones sucks. ethylone butylone pentylone suck. i was never a fan of APB's , hmm seems all the empathogens r leaving for stimulants