• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

2-p-Tolyl-cyclopropylamine/2-PTC

The empathogens are just running out... Empathogens have a lot of things that go on in their pharmacological actions that makes them empathogens.

A generic stimulant? Not so much. A pleasurable one, now that is a different story but look how much MDPV took off and nothing about that drug seemed even remotely pleasurable IMO.

Interesting. Cyclopropanes are not the easiest of syntheses so I am am pretty surprised they're offering this. I would be skeptical of their claims but it's pretty moot because I wouldn't take it if it was real either!

black said:
the unmethylated compound is a MAOI (requiring an appropriate diet to avert a potentially lethal hypertensive crisis) and a weak stimulant.

Interesting. I would have expected an outright lack of interaction with monoamine transporters. What do we know about potential for metabolic opening of that cyclopropane ring? That would make this compound pretty carcinogenic.

M. Cat said:
The empathogens are just running out... Empathogens have a lot of things that go on in their pharmacological actions that makes them empathogens.

Are they though? Many are somewhat available, more than any other time in history.

ebola

ok so somewhat unrelated to the thread I have a question.

if s and r mdma are different isomers of mdma is dl-mdma racemic? or is it a chemical similar to mdma? legality?

The R,S system is based on atomic number, while the D,L method is based on it's positive or negative charge. They have no direct correlation, but R,S-MDMA and D,L-MDMA would both refer to the racemic form

Hi all, medicinal chemist here to clear up some confusion. First and foremost, this product is being labeled as (r)-MDMA but let's be clear, the product in question is 2-(p-tolyl)-cyclopropylamine (CAS #90874-49-0 as the HCl salt).

Second, people here are screaming about the toxicity of cyclopropane groups. This is categorically incorrect. A number of drugs (Livalo and moxifloxacin immediately come to mind) have cyclopropane rings and exhibit no significant toxicity related to this functional group. Someone mentioned alkylation of DNA which is completely untrue. The nitrogen mustards utilize reactive aziridine rings to alkylate DNA, not cyclopropane rings

As far as MAOI risk, you cannot simply say "oh, well the demethylated derivative is an MAOI so this probably will be too." The fact of that matter is if you're willing to take the obscene risk of snorting a bunch of chemicals synthesized in China, no one can make an educated guess whether this one is more or less toxic than anything else you've put up your nose. The fact of that matter is there is literally zero tox research into any research chemicals. The only data we have are medical case reports when someone presents to the emergency room.

For the wanna-be chemists in the group, para hydroxylation is a major route of metabolism (and eventual excretion) and blocking this action by p-methylation radically alters the pharmacokinetics of the drug. In addition, this can radically alter the enzyme binding affinity and it would not surprise me at all for this compound to have substantially different MAOI activity (higher or lower) than trans-2-phenyl-cyclopropylamine (the original compound in question).

It absolutely amazes me how much misinformation makes its way onto this site. Hopefully everyone takes what's said here with a HUGE grain of salt.

My friend just got a 10 gram sample from an overseas vendor. My friend and his girlfriend are going to try it. At first glance it looks like most crystal cathinones. No smell. My friend has tried methylone, 4-mec, 4-mmc, 4-fa, mda, and mdma. My friend is super excite

Last edited:
^ The FUCK?? Have you not read ANYTHING about this chemical?

It is straight neurotoxic. DO NOT INGEST.

Who the hell would give away 10 grams if it was a worthwhile chem, even in the slightest?

Read the whole thread. twoci eased my mind and 10 grams is a speck.

Notice he was only talking about inherent toxicity from the cyclopropane groups, he goes on to say there is little to no actual toxicity data out there yet all the empirical evidence would point to this being a VERY bad drug. I have no idea what you see in it that you wouldn't get from any other cathinone/amphetamine without all the controversial risk.

Sorry its not a proper report. After doing an allergy test. My friend dose 100mg. After 35 minutes approximately he started to feel it come on. He said come on it's similar to MDMA. He said he had feelings of love and togethernes. No rush and no stimmy. This feeling lasted about 2 hours. He then does a 100mg again. Same affects just not quite as strong. He said it was similar to 4-methylphenylisobutylamine. overall he likes it. not bad at all.

Last edited:
This almost reads as a vendor endorsement.

I wasn't aware that 4-methyl-α-ethylphenethylamine/4-methylphenylisobutylamine had ever hit the research chemical market. I was pretty sure that the aephetamines never saw the light of day.

Basically, I think that it is likely gookma is a vendor and is shilling a product that he can't unload. It is quite likely that this chemical is extremely toxic, nobody fall for it.

Basically, I think that it is likely gookma is a vendor and is shilling a product that he can't unload. It is quite likely that this chemical is extremely toxic, nobody fall for it.

Of course there is always that speculative possibility. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and see if he has anything worthwhile to contribute first though of course.
But yes it does reek of the typical vendor vouching for his own product.

Not a vendor??? New to the whole messageboard thing. Was too paranoid. not gonna lie. my vendor asked me too post my experience here. so i did. if felt like a serotonin release. maybe alittle dopamine. I loved m1 but feels nothing like it. but my friend is always looking for new crystal because well...business. ask me questions and my friend will do his best at answering :/ also my friend said he had to take a valume during the come up because he got anxious. he prefers stim to entactogens. and he said it felt more like an entactogen...

Last edited:
Just make sure not to encourage people to ask you for your supplier because that would be against the rules :)

Sorry, its just an automatic response I have when something looks fishy to me. We've had a lot of vendors come on here to talk up bunk products before.

So what would you describe the effects as? Like some specific actual effects of the chemical rather than a general serotonin/dopamine comparison.