Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a day off today from working out. My dad told me that I shouldn't have brought my gym clothes since I am on vacay and told me I was nuts lol. I just can't hold off exercising and tomorrow morning gotta be back with a blast!

Travel day for me.. will be at the gym early tomorow. Im glad I have been taking it easy as the pain in my shoulder seems to have disappeared.

Nice nsa have a great trip!

Rocked it in the gym today!! I couldn't believe that I got up early and went!!

Thanks Maya, keeping active and busy sorting out my formation and moving into the center of the city, whilst continuing on a healthy diet, and regular exercise, allthough i had a psychadelic "break" at the weekend with my ex which went great since we got to talk about a lot of important things, i did not consider this use of a drug to be bad for me, and us.

Going to workout now.. just going to slide back in easy.. walk, run, chest, triceps. legs today.. but lighter weights.

So I dropped a little in strength and endurance during lifting.. but I increased cardio endurance and stayed stable on my weight.. so not bad.. should be right back to where I was a few weeks ago in no time.

I feal so good... perfect in fact.

Went to the pool for the first time since my shoulder has frozen up. Spent a long time in the sauna and steam room before I went in and even though I still couldn't lift my arm for swimming I was able to stretch it out in front of me and do 1/2 hour leg workout with fins. Owen, I sympathize--am supposed to be getting xrays I haven't yet.

Went to the gym today in the morning but only able to do cardio cause I had to head back in the hotel room because the housekeeper needed to clean in an hour. I went ziplining though which was a lot of fun!! Got to see the beautiful views of Blackcomb mountain and Bear creek

Nice nsa have a great trip!
Thanks Lady Maya.. I had a very good time. :)

Went to the pool for the first time since my shoulder has frozen up. Spent a long time in the sauna and steam room before I went in and even though I still couldn't lift my arm for swimming I was able to stretch it out in front of me and do 1/2 hour leg workout with fins.

Have you tried taking glucosamine chondroitin

Last edited:
^yep. Taking it. Also taking chinese herbs for inflammation, tumeric capsules and some other supplement that I can't remember. Most pills I've ever taken in my damn life LOL. Acupunture has been helping and I will probably start physical therapy next week.

Im sorry you are suffering hereby. <3

Shot in the dark.. might consider trying a gatorade or two a day. But it looks like assisted therapy will end up curing you=D

Last edited:
Went to the gym today in the morning but only able to do cardio cause I had to head back in the hotel room because the housekeeper needed to clean in an hour. I went ziplining though which was a lot of fun!! Got to see the beautiful views of Blackcomb mountain and Bear creek

please tell me you went with superfly ziplines!!!

Its actually ziptrek :D I still enjoyed it though man I actually got stuck lol I thought I was going back to the other side and then all of a sudden I went to the middle again then I saw the guy goin on the line pulling me lol then I asked "uhm what is going on, is this still part of the ziplining." Then he said "uuhm you actually got stuck." Lolz!!

I just saw this thread-- it's great :) I'm recovering from heroin addiction. I used to run and play soccer till I got in a bad wreck and wasn't allowed to run for a long time then got too depressed about how hard it was to build back up after and just went deeper into my addiction. At first, I was too weak and sick to exercise but I have been again. It feels so good to run, even though how long I used to go before seems like a joke (6-10 miles). It's hard but hey keep trying right? Felt great to just run till my muscles ached and my mind was relaxed and I was sweating bullets. I missed that :) so glad so many people on here suggested exercising, actually helps.

^it gets better, when I was on my come down I got anxiety after cardio workouts but after the end of the year I didn't get them anymore. I do believe that our bodies recover at some point.

Woke up early again today, gym workout was excellent and I am almost done with my tricep challenge.

I gotta crush my workout today, if only for psychological reasons. I need the virility back in my life.

Continued the grass cutting regimen today. Upper 80's, humid with some sun, so(for my level of fitness at least) it was high intensity. I can tell that I'm a little stronger/better at it than in the spring. No stroke-like symptoms the last couple times yay.
Have added a few sets of 10lb shoulder exercises and going to try to add some knee-pushups.

^Doing anything in high humidity heat is a workout! Glad you felt good enough to do it.

Somebody needs to tell me to get my procrastinating ass over to the pool. It felt good and I could move my arm more than usual after the steam room so why do I put it off?????

Status
Not open for further replies.