Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
^good stuff :D

Did gym mainly cardio ezercises and crunches then tomorrow will be gym and hot yoga before spa

Shopping and Cut Grass in sun. (took 4.5 hours total). [new mower yay]

ive been moving my brothers shed stuff to his new house for 3 hrs on no sleep, im knackered, and i better f%%%%% sleep tonight...

posture focus, superman(low-back), crunches, knee pushups, and light weight shoulder exercises (for now I'm doing some basic movements with 10lb weights, and then doing a bunch of raise-the-roof and slow-arm-circles and full-range-of-motion stuff with a light aerobics hand weight).

I bought a webcam and wow, my posture looks really bad.

I´ve swum between 1km and 3km in the sea every day for the last week despite having had a 20% drop in my diazepam. I feel good and like I´ve turned a bit of a corner physically. Very happy because I didn´t think my shoulder would stand up to swimming but it has so I can continue when I return home.

My stomach still feels fucked and I´m struggling to get the calories I would like down to get the full benefit but it feels like the wheels of change are in motion.

I´ve swum between 1km and 3km in the sea every day for the last week despite having had a 20% drop in my diazepam. I feel good and like I´ve turned a bit of a corner physically. Very happy because I didn´t think my shoulder would stand up to swimming but it has so I can continue when I return home.

My stomach still feels fucked and I´m struggling to get the calories I would like down to get the full benefit but it feels like the wheels of change are in motion.
That is awesome omen! You are doing a great job at this recovery all the way around.

I'm just trying to get used to doing any activities stimulant free. Mowed the yard yesterday. This is a big deal because I'm extremely anxious, to the point that I almost did not mow the yard because I didn't want my neighbors to even see me...weird, yes?

Walked my dog for 1.5 miles this morning. Hopefully I'll take him for a run tonight after work.

weird, yes?

Not at all man, doing all the stuff we´re used to doing behind a fog of chemicals in the harsh reality of sobriety is no small thing!

I´m not even clean/sober and I keep randomly finding myself on the edge of tears for no reason. I have no idea why, I can only attribute it to the reduction in diazepam and freedom from opiates. They´re not tears of sadness though, I think I might be going through some sort of process of starting to understand myself maybe? Fuck knows tbh.

It´s nice to be back in the game physically a little though.:)

Not at all man, doing all the stuff we´re used to doing behind a fog of chemicals in the harsh reality of sobriety is no small thing!

I´m not even clean/sober and I keep randomly finding myself on the edge of tears for no reason. I have no idea why, I can only attribute it to the reduction in diazepam and freedom from opiates. They´re not tears of sadness though, I think I might be going through some sort of process of starting to understand myself maybe? Fuck knows tbh.

It´s nice to be back in the game physically a little though.:)

Every time I've been thru opiate withdrawals, I turn into an emotional wreck once my brain chemistry starts to catch up with my recovery. All part of the healing process. Facing feelings suppressed by the drugs themselves and all, but you are well aware of that.

Man omen, I can't tell you enough that you've put up and continue to put up a hell of a fight. You've got your addiction by the balls and I have all confidence that you'll win this fight. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be there sooner than you know.

I have been off opiates for almost 3 months after ibogaine... I never had PAWS but I am tearing up super easily, but it feels like out of happiness and joy of life than anything else. And just being emotionally open and sensitive again.

I've been having great workouts. I was on vacation with my family for 2 weeks until last Monday, so I didn't have a gym there, but I did have a lake and canoe and kayak. I canoed an hour per day and kayaked 2 hours one morning. By the end my arms were never even getting tired or sore. Didn't gain much strength but I did gain endurance. I also found myself able to go much farther on cardio stuff like the elliptical or rowing machine when I got back, and even then I am less exhausted feeling by it. I'm up to 158/160, depending on the time of day, which is the most I've ever weighed. I've got muscle definition everywhere. :) Feels so good, and just in time because I'm finally ready to go out and try to date.

And my posture is so much better too... having back, chest and ab muscles has just caused my back to straighten. You used to be able to see 3 of my lower vertebrae sticking out even when I stood up straight, but no more. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.