• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

I myself have tried herion an took after and hit of crack I cooked some of the herion with the crack i was fucking great !

I just wanted to say for me, H was great! I've done it like 5-6 times. For a first time user, who may have used opiates in the past and liked them, DO NOT TRY IT. I'm just saying from my short experience with it, it is addictive first off it's a mental thing. Because it's cheap and easier than finding a pill to do, and it gets you higher! But I know even with people telling you not to, odds are if you want to check it off the list of what you've done just start easy because you never know how "good" it actually is. So my advise don't do it, but if you're going to start small and enjoy it but just remember it is really addictive and keep in mind to not do it more than two times a week then take a week or two off. For me the mental fact that it got me so high and was cheap made me be like, "why the hell spend all that money on a pill, when this is so cheap and quick." Just my two cents stay-a-soaring!

I have a serious question about heroin. I'm thinking of trying some but I don't want to overdose. I'll either snort it or smoke it. The thing is, I'm living in Cambodia and the stuff over here is REALLY pure. It's all that "China-white" or Burmese stuff over here. I heard the average bag of smack that you'll get is about 90% pure. Lots of people end up dead from it. I want to minimize all the risks. A few years ago I tried some H in the States. I bought two of those $10 little packets and I snorted one of em, which had me feeling pretty good, but after about 45 minutes I went ahead and snorted half of the other one. 30 minutes later I was puking my guts out and I didn't stop heaving for about an hour or two. After I was done puking I felt better than I'd ever felt in my whole life and I just laid in my bed awake for like 12 hours feeling like a million bucks. I'm not that familiar with opiates but I want to try the H over here because I know it's so good. What's safer, snorting or smoking? I'm willing to bet that smoking it is safer. Can you still OD from smoking it. How much of the really pure stuff should I smoke? Also, can I smoke it like meth? I don't using tin foil and I got a few clean glass test tubes. Could I smoke it of of one of them? Sorry for my ignorance but, like I said, opiates aren't really my thing and I don't really know anything about using them safely.

^^I'd imagine that you can OD from smoking it, but either way start SLOW. You can always do more, and that goes for any drug, you can't un-take them lol. If your dead set on doing it just do a really small amount and go from there after you feel it out for about a half hour to an hour. I would say 2 things to anyone who hasn't done heroin: 1. It is like other opioids, but at the same time different. The rush you get from injecting dope is sooooo much better than any pill I've ever had (opana, dilaudid, morphine, etc...). 2. Having said that, it is not worth it to try. If you can still get high just taking a couple vikes or whatever, then there is no reason to try this shit. It is pure evil, and as many have stated it will make you do things you thought you were incapable of. I am now on suboxone, but still have a strong urge to use - that needle just calls to you (even taking 32mg of bupe a day). So yeah just be safe, know your limits. Don't do it just for the fun of it or whatever justification anyone has. It isn't something I sat there and was like hmmmm... maybe I'll try shooting some dope today. The addiction crept up on me, and luckily I was able to finish college and now have a really good job and everything but am still struggling with that shit. In the words of the great Lou Reed "Herrrrooooinnn, be the death of me. Heroin, it's my wife and it's my life". Now ain't that the truth.

Yeah, ice is my Doc. Trust me, I'll be binging for days on in it. But I'm gonna be in Cambodia for a long time so I might as well try the H over here. I'm in no rush. It's really good here so that's why I want to try it.

So I'm really considering trying heroin. I pretty much fucked up my life thanks to a nine year opiate addiction (norcos, oxys) combined with somas which led to a DWI and me losing a pretty spectacular career and my house last year. I kicked that stuff and have been maintaining on kratom but life is so pointless and I feel like I've already lost everything worthwhile so why the fuck not? I'm 40 and don't see any possibilities of starting my life over at this point and so if I've fucked things up this bad then might as well go big right? I'd rather be a junkie than nothing at all.

Heroin is a big no no there are safer ways to enjoy yourself its a risky game to get involved in addiction is always round the corner

I've always wanted to try heroin since age 11 or so. I tried to get it once a year ago, but the whole bundle was talc or something. Way before that, i started using pills at age 16 and began shooting them within a month. Not too long after, I ended up with a huge abscess and was in the hospital for 11 days while undergoing 2 surgeries. If this says anything, I tried shooting around the scar tissue after i got out. Even going through w/d in the hospital didn't stop me (I wouldn't take the 2 hydros a day as a protest of such a low dose--if that shows how out of my skull i was). Anyway, I have continued to use opiates since, at varying levels of insanity. I did try real heroin once but it was from a dollar in the tip jar at work.

All in all I feel lucky I've never had a real connect for h, I would only have screwed up this body more. I still would probably try it if I had the option, but I doubt that will happen luckily.

Me personally I have tried heroin twice, both times IV. At first it was readily available to me but I never went back there. The second time I tried it was a year and half later and again I never went back to it. The second(and last time I used) was this time last year.

I know this is the heroin thread, but I feel the need to add this. I've been a meth user for the past two years now. I always read all over these forums " you can't use meth(or hard drugs in general via IV) recreational, it becomes weekly, then Daily" etc etc. over the past two years I've kept my meth use to once every 4-5 months I can say happily.

I think some people are just wired in way where they can deal very well with these types of substances. Although in saying this, I've never been able to stop smoking weed for more then 6 months and I was 13 when I first tryed it. I first tryed heroin and meth at age 19. I'm now 22.

With only 2 years of hard drug use under your belt you should be careful about how you say something. The first time for opiate was over for me and with the energetic buzz I was against meth. Th opiates gave me energy and never nodded on an opiate unless I had been up for a day. That eventually became to expensive so after 4 years of opiates and pills. I tried meth hated it. Tried again hated it. What I hated was the day after. And in 3years of using meth 4-5 months between uses I ended up buying my own to with extra cash and with opiates thought it would save money to help them last longer and not experince withdrawas from pill. After that I lost my hookup on pills and resulted in getting more and more meth. Never by IV cause I don't need another addiction. I'm sure there's more to your story of using hard drugs and defending needle usage is horrible. I'm 27 tried RON twice in last month to ease withdrawal but not by IV. Snorted it and got just as high as the 10 friends who did a shot and I call them friends because I have asked for shot of Roxi, meth, or whatever just to see if they were a friend and the ones who told me to at least try it are no longer friends. Just because its same drug just different way of using can be another addiction. Most will not snort anything because in the mind they need to feel the prick to get high. I don't care who reads this but the point is don't advise using a point to anyone. Don't judge the ones who do and never ask. If you want to ask them to help you the first time ask them to never let you and tell everyone you associated with to never help you or teach you. I've seen needles daily and once in depression asked and was shunned. The dope game isnt game. Its life for most people who are stuck in addiction.

This is an amazing written piece! My username is new to BL cuz I went into the deep end on heroin n forgot my password for this site, pawned all of my shit. This was about a year ago when I was coming out of the hell I was in. My good friend died from heroin OD it was his first and only time to try it (he snorted it). I have heard there is a 90% chance of dying your first time, especially if you aren't opioid tolerable. I have to take opiates for chronic pain (have been for 8yrs). I have finally gotten to where I just take my prescribed meds. It all starts as OP said you start off with pills, then gradually move your way up to heroin. I must tell you heroin is the devil! If you want to be a major slave to something then go for it, if not just steer clear from it. It ruined my life for a while. I lost almost everything, my high school sweetheart (6yr relationship), houses, clothes, computers, DJ turntables etc. just to get my next fix. I'm finally on the right path now, I have a girlfriend that knows and supports me and is there whenever I need her, new career etc. Just the point I'm trying to make is it isn't worth it that's all. I'm not suggesting or giving out any advice, just sharing my quick story in a nutshell.

Bless all,
DC

Your friend bought heroin by himself, and did it by himself as a non tolerant user?

The idea that there is an 80% chance of dying your first time is ridiculous. Most people who use heroin are tolerant and trying it after being hooked on pharms (no everyone, but many, including myself and everyone I know who has used it). It is a drug like any other. If you start with the assumption that it is pure (your first dosage is 4-6mg) than your chance of dying is negligible. The only way you can die doing it this way is if you are allergic to it or cuts, or if you somehow manage to get heroin which is really china white (fentanyl or analogues) which, though it goes around, is unlikely you for your first time is unlikely.

This post should in now way be construed as an endorsement of heroin. Your chance of dying during your entire tenure using heroin is however quite high. People talk about losing many friends before stopping and there is a reason for this statistic. Not only that, you will likely be depressed from it, the whole cycle, and trying to quit. Suicide risk increases as well, this is more variable depending on the individual.

TL;DR, Heroin dramatically increases your risk of mortality during use, but 80% of people dying their first time is definitely not accurate. I doubt even anywhere near that number die from heroin use who ever use the stuff, and that fact would negate the first time number instantly. Your percentage is every 4/5 of people who try it die instantly.... absurd.

I need someone to answer my question I posted.. Private message me or reply on this. I got pulled over with a bundle of dope Heroin (10 glassine bags ) 10 stamps and small rubber band... I swallowed it bc I didnt want the police to find it and get arrested cause I can't take that chance... Who can lol.. I'm in NJ 973 area dope.. Paterson dope.. What happens If I swallow a bundle?? I tried to throw it up within 10 minutes after swallowing it and could not... Am I going to be okay? Am I just going to poop it out then?? Replys please... Thank you sooo much

P
I mean no offense when I say this bc as I have been reading a lot of u currently or in the past have used H but it boggles my mind y if after everything that has been written on here about the many bad things that can come from "just trying it"...y anyone would wanna still do it??? Has anyone ever met a 60 or 70 year old heroine addict??? Unless ppl get some serious treatment they almost certainly die at some point...who reads that n says...we'll hell sign me up for that???
I am nearly 60 - dependence on opiates/oidsspelling has done me no harm whatsoever, unlike tobacco or alcohol, in the 40 years or so I have been using them. The key is what you use and how you use it. I have been prescribed heroin hydrochloride on many occasions and it is an absolutely essential drug (not, as the U.S. CSA says, 'of no clinical use', to which that applies equally to dipipanone and dextromoramide, two other drugs of that class which docs in Europe could never do without, and I do not understand how Americans get by without them! The lesser fatality rate in heart attack here is also directly due to first line DIAMORPHINE, the only opiate which does not interfere with cardiac electrical activity in the least) for most doctors. Not to mention patients. We could also be doing with hydrocodone, licenced in the USA only, to plug the gap between dihydrocodeine and morphine.
Sterility when using needles and using only cleaned-up and purified street heroin is also the way to go.
I find my prescribed OC and ONR more difficult to do without; they are far more addictive than diacetylmorphine.

^ damn dude, you really preach against the demon weed every chance you get! It must've really fucked you over good. Personally I love weed...weed combined with a strong opiate like heroin puts me out of commission, though. I'll just lay on my bed alternating between smoking weed and smoking H, watch TV in between "naps" & accomplishing nothing. It's a good thing that I don't do opiates often...

But regardless, I know many, many people who smoke weed and lead healthy, productive lives. Heroin? Not so much.

Well different people like different things I suppose. I think that cannabinoids do have some potential benefits in medical practice...opiates obviously have a lot of benefits for people who suffer chronic pain. I'm just glad that marijuana is now legal where I live so the fear of police harassment over growing & consuming plants isn't so great. Cannabis here is always high-grade and cheap. Heroin on the other hand remains quite illegal and it's very expensive, which kind of limits my ability to get a habit (probably a good thing)

I'm going to add to this.... I'm new to the forums here. I have never tried heroin and I'll tell you, I never will.. (I'll post my story when I get acclimated here) but I wanted to jump in and tell you why I was always terrified of IV drug use (and specifically heroin). when I was growing up, I thought my parents advice was pretty lame... what would they know, right? My mom was a screaming hot headed Italian... one thing she always bitched hard about was heroin. She worked in a doctor's office... she was almost calm with the "weed is bad for you"... but when she got to the heroin talk and the patients they would see... she would scream the details in my face. Like a drill sergeant!!!!
Basically, she scared the shit out of me and because of that, heroin was one line I would never and will never cross. I know it sounds simplified... but hand to god, it's the only reason I never touched it. I will always be grateful for that.

Buprenorphine gets metabolized into norbuprenorphine in your liver, by 3A4.

Buspar ( Buspirone ) has been shownto be metabolized byCYP3A4. This finding is consistent with the interactions observed between buspirone and these inhibitors inducers ofcytochrome P4503A4 (CYP3A4), among other.

Buspar induction of cytochrome P450 enzyme CYP3A4 and CYP2C9, should or does ? Result in increased metabolism Anddecreased concentration and effect.??? Concerned here and wondering, or would they have a more increased effect and concentration?

So overall, I just really want to here either experiences or quality information on this topic, thank you so much.

I know this is random and doesnt apply to this thread I need help here

I've been on and off opiates for 7 years straight now and in my opinion you can do heroin recreationally. I would suggest smoking because it makes OD very hard to do as you're more likely to pass out as the drug hits you instantly. I still chase it about twice a week. But if you get addicted it's just not as much fun not because you build a tolerance, but because you will have no money, and no matter how great your guy is, there will be times where no one will serve you and you'll be stuck in heroin withdrawal which can lead to you making very bad decisions.

I've always wanted to try heroin since age 11 or so. I tried to get it once a year ago, but the whole bundle was talc or something. Way before that, i started using pills at age 16 and began shooting them within a month. Not too long after, I ended up with a huge abscess and was in the hospital for 11 days while undergoing 2 surgeries. If this says anything, I tried shooting around the scar tissue after i got out. Even going through w/d in the hospital didn't stop me (I wouldn't take the 2 hydros a day as a protest of such a low dose--if that shows how out of my skull i was). Anyway, I have continued to use opiates since, at varying levels of insanity. I did try real heroin once but it was from a dollar in the tip jar at work.

All in all I feel lucky I've never had a real connect for h, I would only have screwed up this body more. I still would probably try it if I had the option, but I doubt that will happen luckily.
What made you want to use heroin at 11? How did you find heroin on money, or in a tip jar at your job?