• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

How are you in One Word? ver. Smiling: the universal language

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I have a court date on the 19th too, Scag. Mine's just a progress check, nothing can go wrong (well my lawyer could screw it up due to his own laziness I suppose...). But still, anything that has to do with me and the legal system gives me tons of anxiety.

Yeah man, me too. I'm beyond stressed about it. I feel like I've aged 5 years just in the past 5-6 months this has been going on.

^ Ya, I was threatened with 6+ months right off the bat. My lawyer took the "keep pushing it out and chipping a bit more away each time" approach, and I had like 7 court dates over 7 months. It actually worked well, I avoided having any jailtime. But that kind of stress is almost too much for a person to handle. And now I gotta scramble to pay all of the court fees and whatnot on time. Ces't la vie!

^^

Yeah that's what I'm trying to do. Keep chippin away, doing things to better my life to show the court, and hopefully have them take some fucking mercy on me. I wish all I had was court fees. I'd fork over whatever they wanted right now just to avoid going back inside. But yeah man, the stress of it all is just breaking me down.

@ Scag ^ I had to do more fun stuff than pay court fees, but I was able to maintain a job through it all, and without the job finding out about any of it. And that's all I really cared about. But ya, if you can get yours down, maybe they'll let you do house arrest?

^^

I'll take basically anything to avoid going back to Rikers. Longer probation, fees, house arrest, outpatient, all of the above, whatever the hell. So you're all good on the court stuff now? In the clear? That's gotta be a relief.

I have 5 years probation (which turns non-reporting soon), and then I have a lump sum due to the court in August, which I absolutely need to find a better/additional job to be able to pay on time. Everything else within my deal has been checked off.

And then it's going to be a whole different story regarding getting my driver's license back. I'm honestly thinking that moving to a big city and giving up ever driving legally again might be the easier route. I like cities anyway.

Uncomfortable, no more spicy food when hungry it messes up my stomach

It probably still won't be for a bit yet, but we're definitely ready now and I was nervous he'd come early and would be completely unprepared hehe :D He'll be here February 24th if not before then!! My cousin had her baby yesterday morning and was due 2 weeks after me...it's not fair! ;) :D

depressed

exercise and going out in the sun doesnt help... i dont know what will

^Something that helps me is trying something new. It could be cooking, or taking a class, or just learning about something new on your own. I think that keeping your mind busy with new things can do wonders.

^^^Kind of sounds a bit entertaining. Haha was it an outside fight?

But that sucks that they woke you, they were disturbing the peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.