Alice in Chains - anyone obsessed like myself?

I don't know why everyone likes jerry so much sure he is an extremely talented guitar player but layne was the talent and he doesn't get the respect he deserves

whattt? Layne def. gets all the respect.. if anything, Jerry doesn't get enough respect. Jerry is extremely talented and did a majority of the writing for AIC, but of course it was Layne's voice that made them who they were. shocked to hear that you said Layne doesn't get the respect because to me it seems no one has moved on to the "new" AIC and DuVall, everyone, including myself, still stuck in Layne's days.

ill still give the "new" AIC a listen here and there but its mostly out of respect for Jerry.

I've heard more people say that jerry was all the talent then say that about layne. And apparently layne refused to see Jerry years before he died and even before that they stopped hanging out because jerry couldn't except laynes life style. Layne was still pretty mad at jerry when he died.

But before layne passed he was very sick and pissed off at the world. There wasn't many people layne still liked and talked too

Layne Stanley is probably my favorite Singer of all time. And I love Jerry Cantrells voice too. The harmonies between them are fucking magic. And lyrically, their songs are just masterpieces. Love AIC! :)

Yup Alice in Chains kicked ass. Nirvana was more popular but much unlike Nirvana basically all of their songs where fucking awesome. Layne and Jerry had some of the best vocal harmonies of any band in the 90's that's for sure.

They were on their best during the 90s .. like most of my favorite bands.

Yup Alice in Chains kicked ass. Nirvana was more popular but much unlike Nirvana basically all of their songs where fucking awesome. Layne and Jerry had some of the best vocal harmonies of any band in the 90's that's for sure.

when you listen to UnPlugged and you listen to Brother it just blows you away; hearing those 2 together when the music stops.. its a beautiful thing.

I saw them a few times being from oregon, first time was in portland with mookie Blaylock opening .they were named pearl Jam . But the best show i saw they pled two nights in a row at a place called wow hall right before facelift dropped first night electric second night acoustic. Layne was knowing out in his stool between songs

I love Slip Away and Black Book of Fear so much. It was really sweet getting more Mad Season!

'them bones' is a kickass song? why? because the whole GTA: SAN ANDREAS IF effing kickass, so is GTAV for PS4 (15 radios, new songs for new gen consoles also).I LOVED Radio X and I downloaded the album not long after - it was very good. I prefer "Junkhead".

lol, anyone who ever was a "junkie" or who knows the drug game would LOVE JUNKHEAD!

just listen to junkhead and you'll know

this is the best performance EVER:

^ Great performance here, Layne's voice is amazing.
I was an AIC fan when I was a teen but Sonic Youth and Nirvana were my main obsessions.
«No Excuses» was one of the first songs I learned when I started playing guitar.
«Would?» is probably my favorite AIC song.

I quite like Alice in Chains. I didn't get into them at during the 90's and actually dismissed them as a sort of fake metal band. :| I got into them about 2 years ago when I was played Dirt in full and really enjoyed it. Layne has such a good rock voice, always tuneful but powerful and gritty. The production lets them down a bit as it seems very aged, but a good snapshot of that time.

I think my favorite album is Facelift followed by Dirt. I have both their modern era albums but haven't listened to either yet.

^ Great performance here, Layne's voice is amazing.
I was an AIC fan when I was a teen but Sonic Youth and Nirvana were my main obsessions.
«No Excuses» was one of the first songs I learned when I started playing guitar.
«Would?» is probably my favorite AIC song.
"Would?" is an awesome song. I love playing it on bass.