Alice in Chains - anyone obsessed like myself?

Staley may have had the voice, but he took a back seat to Cantrell in the writing process. If I remember correctly, Cantrell's first solo album would have been an AIC album had Layne actually showed up to record.

i like cantrells voice as well but layne was just one of the best front men of his time shame smack yet again stole such a talented soul

Guess you forgot you already made this thread
Merged

lol, glad you guys merged this; I couldnt find it the other day when I was searching.

glad so many people on here are AIC JUNKHEADS like myself; I've gotten more Layne tattoos since!

check out the outline.

I couldnt find the exact image I set it off but I found something close; I am at work so I had a hard time finding the original.

free screen capture software

Staley may have had the voice, but he took a back seat to Cantrell in the writing process. If I remember correctly, Cantrell's first solo album would have been an AIC album had Layne actually showed up to record.

yea, Jerry did a lot of the writing, but who wrote Man in the Box? Layne.. and that was their first TAKE OFF, right? and as time went on Layne got more and more involved, but Jerry did almost ALL the writing early on, and I give him all the credit in the world for that. Jerry is great as well, man. Laynes voice did Jerry a huge favor, but I still give Jerry a ton of credit.

also, check out Mad Season; that was Layne at his finest there; majority of the writing coming direct from Layne. Mad Season was basically a group of junkies/ex-junkies/recovering junkies writing about addiction in many different ways; also, not just addiction but life in general. was a great band that never made it far considering the shape their front man was in.

I found these guys earlier, to me they kinda sound like Alice in Chains meets Cream. Thought y'all might like 'em.

I love alice in chains so fucking much. Laynes death was so hard for me I've shot up listening to alice in chains I've drove to rehab listening to alice in chains. Layne was very sweet it is such a shame he had to pass so young

I absolutely love Alice In Chains and Mad Season, but to be honest I don't know that much about Layne himself. 8o What'd be a good place to start?

Probably the layne staley Facebook page or layne and demri"s memorial page. Also most of laynes friends are pretty nice and are happy to talk about him :)

Always loved that him and Cobaine share the same "death day" April 5th. I think they had the same coroner since they both died in King County, but I might be wrong.

I'm not sure where kurt died but I know layne died in Seattle's U district on April 5 2002 a day after Mike starrs birthday

Seems a lot of people on her listen to aic.. there's nothing like layne staley when your an addict. The music is so relatable. Rest in peace layne..

the more the merrier!

always be a Layne fan; an AIC fan and a Mad Season fan. really, anything in general coming from that time.. those were the days, man.

I will always love the 1990's Seattle grunge scene and layne was the best musician!

Yea ...well Cantrell is a unique, writer, singer, player, not many like him in the industry. Lane and his vocals will never be duplicated.....

I don't know why everyone likes jerry so much sure he is an extremely talented guitar player but layne was the talent and he doesn't get the respect he deserves