• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy βK-2C-B Thread - Part 1

I have not tried this combination nor do I have any desire to do so, but it does make me wonder what kind of reaction one would get from concurrent dosing of a long lasting psychedelic with a delayed onset (like BK-2C-B or DOC) and a fast-acting psychedelic with a short duration (like 5-MeO-MiPT or 4-AcO-DMT). Personally, I would prefer a 4-substituted tryptamine for such an experiment.

I was planning on taking the 5-meo-mipt about 2 hours after I took the bk-2c-b but I recently came across this chart (http://wiki.tripsit.me/images/d/d6/TripSitDrugComboChart.gif) that says mixing 5-meo-xxxt with 2c-x would be unsafe but I can't find a source for that.

I think as a starting dose I would go with 100mg bk-2c-b and 5mg 5-meo-mipt.

I was planning on taking the 5-meo-mipt about 2 hours after I took the bk-2c-b but I recently came across this chart (http://wiki.tripsit.me/images/d/d6/TripSitDrugComboChart.gif) that says mixing 5-meo-xxxt with 2c-x would be unsafe but I can't find a source for that.

I think as a starting dose I would go with 100mg bk-2c-b and 5mg 5-meo-mipt.
I think that would probably be based off the theory I've heard tossed around occasionally that 5-meo-mipt is an maoi.

I've seen no evidence of that, in studies or in practice. I've seen one study showing that 5-meo-dipt--which is dirtier than mipt) acts as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, but not as an maoi. That shouldn't be a significant concern. Just start slow and stay at sane dosages--both drugs have quite a stimulating body load and I could see you getting some very uncomfortable vasoconstriction from the combination.

I think that would probably be based off the theory I've heard tossed around occasionally that 5-meo-mipt is an maoi.

I've seen no evidence of that, in studies or in practice. I've seen one study showing that 5-meo-dipt--which is dirtier than mipt) acts as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, but not as an maoi. That shouldn't be a significant concern. Just start slow and stay at sane dosages--both drugs have quite a stimulating body load and I could see you getting some very uncomfortable vasoconstriction from the combination.

Thank you for the informative advice, I'll probably start off even smaller than I mentioned above just to be safe, 80mg bk-2c-b and 4mg 5-meo-mipt. this would be after an "allergy test" of 40mg and 2mg just to be sure nothing crazy happens.

The potential for a problematic combined body load is what would put me off this combination. I do kind of like the idea of concurrent dosing because it would make the long come up from BK-2C-B significantly more interesting; when the 5-MeO-MiPT was starting to fade away it would be just about time for the BK-2C-B to come into full swing. Dosing both at the same time could also help negate the possibility of doubling down on body load. Interested to hear your results either way! Please do keep doses reasonably low and report back with your findings.

165 mg first time BK-2cb was pretty cool and very visual. Lasted 16 hours, but i didn't get any of the mdma like euphoria in the beginning everybody is talking about. It was a nice trip though and i would love to try this at 200mg next time.

I couldn't find any reference to BK-2CB and MDMA combined so carried out some wholly unscientific experimentation, for which I apologise to the gods of retention. About 85mgs was taken with a heavy dose of MDMA (c.500mgs) at the mid point of an all night party. Weed and beer was also consumed. Myself and my research partner both noticed an extra level of trippiness similar to that which might be observed if MDA was involved. Mild, slow building and long lasting but very enjoyable. No additional untoward effects were noted other than those to be expected from a high dose of MDMA.

^I too have tried the same combo, but only due to finding minimal effect from the bk-2-cb, getting bored and dropping.
I did find it was ever so slightly trippier (125mg mdma about 4-5hours into 80mg & 100mg bk-2-cb)

This always leaves me with headache at the end and pretty boring on its own. But had a very emotional lovey-dovey journeys with enourmous music enhancement and colourful visuals combining 120mg bk-2c-b and 15-30mg aMT. They mix very well and sex on it very enjoyable.

I couldn't find any reference to BK-2CB and MDMA combined so carried out some wholly unscientific experimentation, for which I apologise to the gods of retention. About 85mgs was taken with a heavy dose of MDMA (c.500mgs) at the mid point of an all night party. Weed and beer was also consumed. Myself and my research partner both noticed an extra level of trippiness similar to that which might be observed if MDA was involved. Mild, slow building and long lasting but very enjoyable. No additional untoward effects were noted other than those to be expected from a high dose of MDMA.

Wow, please be incredibly careful when mixing new drugs, especially when mixing with very high doses of others and with alcohol. Had this been even a mild MAOI you might not have survived.

The potential for a problematic combined body load is what would put me off this combination. I do kind of like the idea of concurrent dosing because it would make the long come up from BK-2C-B significantly more interesting; when the 5-MeO-MiPT was starting to fade away it would be just about time for the BK-2C-B to come into full swing. Dosing both at the same time could also help negate the possibility of doubling down on body load. Interested to hear your results either way! Please do keep doses reasonably low and report back with your findings.

I've tried with 5-meo-dalt, taking 20mg after a 120mg bk-2c-b peak (about 4 hours after dosing), it stopped it getting boring, the body load combined well, doubling down on it felt really good. Taking 5-meo-dalt before the bk-2c-b come up wasn't interesting at all. Tried again this morning with 50mg 5-meo-dalt later on in a milder 50mg bk-2c-b trip & the body load was far too much, wasn't good at all, but it wore off in a couple of hours & the slight bk-2c-b trip returned, no after-effects. I find the body load from bk-2c-b really nice, except for some vasoconstriction. So, if you're combining with typtamines you should lower the dose of each, don't take any more than a standard dose of either, maybe half your normal dose. The body load effects do combine, but as long as you keep it light doses it could be nice.

I've had quite a bit of bk-2c-b over the last two weeks, having it most days, between 50-250mg doses. It feels nice, not noticed any negative effects yet, it seems mild & very controllable so far, even at 200mg doses, but nice. No serious tolerance has developed, not had anything worse than a light headache for a few minutes for a comedown. I'll see if there's any withdrawal or delayed comedown or anything over the next few days. I'm starting to get bored of the floppy body feeling, but it does seem to have helped my joints, I'm more flexible now, that was the main reason I kept taking it, it seems to be anti-inflammatory. It's been like psychedelic physiotherapy, body tripping, just what I needed - helping me to recover from some long term problems caused by celiac disease.

It is quite a long duration, but the 16 hours isn't really intense if I don't want it to be & it doesn't last quite that long on lower doses. I can ignore more of the effects at will, or I can zone out & make them more intense. Makes it easy to drop into or out of a trippy meditative state if you've had previous experience of psychedelics. Orally, it takes about 2 hours to have anything more than 'first-alert' signs, then it gradually peaks at somewhere between 3-4 hours, there's a long plateau for about another 2-4 hours & then the effects gradually fade over the last 4-8 hours. It's 200mg+ that causes the 16 hour trips, but still the last 8 hours isn't really intense & it's nothing for the first 2 hours.

Not sure if anybody else has noticed, but it smokes, just, burns a bit worse than mdma in a joint, I wouldn't make a habit of smoking it, but it is an effective roa & more intense than oral. Not a healthy roa in that form, but if it smokes it should vaporise, if you can get it hot enough? Anybody know the vaporisation point? It doesn't feel as stupid as trying to snort it, or hurt nearly as much & it's more effective. I really prefer taking it oral though, it seems safest.

Sorry if I'm sounding too glowing about it, it's not going to be as good for everybody & I don't know if I'll suffer any after effects yet. I'm willing to be a guinea pig because I've been feeling old & sick, so far it's helped.

Last edited:
^So you're basically saying that using bk-2c-b continuously for a fortnight is possible? Sounds pretty insane; how about tolerance?
Personally I have no inclination to trip on anything for a month after a proper bk-2C-B trip due to its profound character and considerable duration...it really wears me out in a good way.

It's not advisable for everybody. I'm 33, I had experience with harder psychedelics as a teenager (never 2cb), I've never had any problems with them in the past, but not done any for the last few years due to my health problems.

I have had similar two week binges on mdma & microdosing mushrooms before. Not something I'm proud of, but I seemed to tolerate them without serious effects on me.

I'm celiac, which was recently diagnosed, but I've been suffering from complications caused by it for years. It's a slow recovery process from my health complications from celiac disease, I'm 4 months into my gluten free diet & the bk-2c-b seems to have helped speed it up, so far, but I'll see.

I've had some really bad back problems, & problems with other joints which seem to have been caused by my body reacting badly to gluten, due to a genetic disease I have (affects <1% of people). Those problems have been gradually improving since I discovered the cause & stopped eating gluten, but 4 months later my back is still a bit stiff, except on bk-2c-b. Pretty coincidental that I discovered this effect, I just ordered it for some fun, but it seems good. Anyway, that's the only reason I'd consider taking it almost continuously for so long, it seems to have helped my back due to some rare back problem I've had.

Tolerance doesn't seem to be a problem, I've stuck to reasonable 50mg-120mg doses most nights, had a few days off, some nights on barely above threshold dose (50 is still pretty nice). I'm getting bored of it now, I think it's done what it needed to for me, for now. I don't feel addicted, not really felt cravings or withdrawal on nights off. Other people will vary.

To me it seems much milder & easier to control than say mushrooms, lsd or mdma. YMMV.

Anyway, I'm really not saying taking it for two weeks is sensible for anybody else, but I haven't died or grown a third leg yet, haven't developed any real tolerance either. I just wanted to report my results so far. I seem to have had the positive mental & particularly physical benefits of taking psychedelics, but I feel like I can keep a relatively clear head on this, compared to my past psychedelic use.

It does seem to be a vasoconstrictor & that effect gets worse at higher doses, for that reason I'd never take over 300mg in a day.

Last edited:
This very intriguing. Can't personally think of any other psychedelic that would replicate its effects if taken in same doses multiple days in a row, except for DMT. That's pretty unique I'd say!
It's also good to know that even with such a frequent use there are no observable side effects. Surprised that you have found it beneficial to your bowel ailment, since I always feel quite bloated and and a bit nauseous when on this drug.

I agree that it's a much more malleable substance than psilocybin and lysergamides. Almost lacking its own character. Refined and distilled psychedelic is what I'd call it.

My bowel problems went away months ago, they were only ever mild with me anyway, the worst affects aren't on the gut with celiac & it heals within a few days of going gluten free, that's why it's so hard to diagnose, it took years until I realised it was a diet problem. I wouldn't recommend bk-2c-b for gut problems either, or anything else really except a fun, long lasting, relatively clean feeling, mild controllable trip. It's just helped to treat some of the specific complications I had & aided my recovery a little. My stomach is strong now, but I've been lacking vitamins due to celiac over a long period, malabsorption, because my gut has been fighting the gluten, this has caused a lot of other physical problems, like chronic joint pain, particularly in my back, depression, underweight, weak, lack of energy, etc. They've all been recovering since I went on the diet, just a bit too slowly for my liking. I had years off taking any drugs like this because of my health problems, was just codeine & weed for the pain, now I'm on the mend, just some residual joint pain & stiffness in my back was the main thing annoying me & the tail end of the depression. It's much improved after the last two weeks, snapped straight out of the depression after the first dose, just been cracking my back for two weeks, moving vertebrae that have been locked together for years & my back seems to have been recovering at a much faster rate for the last two weeks, far from a magic cure, but noticeably better. Stretching feels good too, maybe it's a yoga drug?

It gives a nice body effect at low to medium doses, it increases flexibility & takes away pain, it seems to be quite a potent anti-inflammatory. Higher doses cause more circulation & stomach problems, but on a normal dose it seems an easily manageable body load, very pleasant overall.

The nauseous feeling only comes if I've got a full stomach & at higher doses. Stick to light meals & snacks, light doses. It also seems to have subsided over the last two weeks, I only noticed at first (probably dose dependent, but maybe some tolerance to the nausea develops). It's no worse than MDMA for nausea imo, similar rules apply - don't eat too much & take a dump, then I'm fine. I've noticed food tastes fantastic too, got the munchies on it a bit, but got to keep the food light, if i eat too much I start to feel nauseous. That's another reason I'm stopping, I need some big meals to get back the weight I lost. It's not too terrible weight loss, but I was underweight before.

I can't speak for everyone on the tolerance or side effects, but I've had no serious ones, so far, I am probably a special case, so don't trip for two weeks, kids. It could be enough to send some people crazy, but it's nothing like tripping on acid or mushrooms for two weeks, at least not for me, I'd never consider acid or mushrooms for two weeks unless it was microdoses, barely threshold doses at most & it seems easier on my mind than microdosing mushrooms. I didn't get any tolerance from doing just threshold doses of mushrooms daily for weeks in the past either. I've been doing much more than threshold doses of this most nights. It's nothing like higher dose lsd tolerances, or even mdma. Despite it being a two week binge I've been able to control my doses reasonably responsibly, i never did over 300mg at once & was never tempted, but I have tripped hard for several days in a row & haven't needed to use any more to reach similar effects as the previous night.

I did expect there to be some tolerance, but I haven't encountered any yet, possibly even some slight reverse tolerance. I've been dosing more for the body effects than the mind trip though, not going for intense trips since the first week, not had over 150mg any day this week & mostly under 100mg. Higher doses might develop a tolerance faster, not that you'd ever want to try doing that for two weeks.

It's not no observable side effects, but they've been relatively mild, considering how hard I've been tripping & for how long, I've been able to cope with them easily, so far, ymmv. I've had some weight loss, very short mild headache & a little jaw tension on a comedown after a heavy dose or a few days constant tripping (no headache or anything from lighter trips), vasoconstriction, a little confusion, slight nauseous feeling if I eat too much while I'm tripping, body feels floppy & uncoordinated (that should wear off when I come down). Less subjective side effects than taking low dose mdma or mushrooms for two weeks when I was younger, so far. Long rambling posts on forums are another side effect too. All the expected side effects, pretty much, but much lighter than if I'd done some other powerful recreational psychedelic or stimulant, except the vasoconstriction feels just as bad, not LSA seed levels, but maybe worse than MDMA, as bad as speed for that probably, but without such a high heart rate. I have a feeling if I went for much longer on it I'd develop more problems, possibly start feeling slightly uncomfortable, maybe another few days & my legs would feel like somebody just spiked me with 5 hbw seeds. I have lowered the doses for the last week to moderate the side effects. I'm just well used to having worse immediate side effects than this from drugs, especially from a 2 week recreational psychedelic binge.

A light snack, piece of fruit or something, caffeine & vitamin pill seems to totally cure the slight comedown, for me, if there is one.

It does feel very 'refined'. I wouldn't say lacking character, just maybe a little shy, reserved. I mean I'm tripping so hard just off 70mg that I can almost understand market research questions like "If this brand was a person, what character traits would it have?", I'd never previously considered assigning characters to drugs or brands or any inanimate objects until I'd taken some of this. I know some other people do that naturally, now I can feel empathy for them. Feel like I'm understanding languages that assign genders to random objects better now. Haven't really studied Spanish at all since I was at school, but now it feels like I can understand it as well or better than then. I've seen sounds as colours, had full on synaesthesia at the peak of some experiences on it in the first week, yet I can still remember it all & still felt I had some level of control, almost like sat sober watching a psychedelic effect I could turn on or off, close to some meditative states. Some real top end psychedelic experiences are possible on this on higher doses, even lower doses can be pretty impressive, or I can just sit feeling fairly sober but a bit wobbly, or any state in between those extremes & I can switch between those states fairly quickly at will, almost as if it's instant no-effort meditation, it's very malleable.

My daily noopept use might have helped me feel more in control too, it possibly lessened some effects & potentiated others too, maybe it affected the lack of tolerance forming, it seems to make most drugs 'clearer' feeling, heard of people combining it with lsd to remember their trips better. I've been taking gingko too & multivitamins. I'm a daily cannabis smoker too, usually, but I've been smoking less, had a few days without too, feel like I could quit it more easily now, at least if my back doesn't get worse again & if I actually wanted to stop, I'll probably just cut down. I've stopped smoking cigarettes too, gone straight from 10 a day to an e-cig, I'm a bit compulsive on the e-cig when I'm tripping, but I feel like bk-2c-b made it easier to stop real cigarettes than just the e-cig. It's not going to do much for real hard addictions, maybe help quit a few small bad habits, but I can see how more powerful psychedelics could possibly treat addiction.

My intention was just to try to have a fun little one off trip to get me out of a slight lingering depression leftover from the celiac disease, but when I noticed the body effects, lack of tolerance too & how easy it seems for me to control the experience, I realised it could do more for me. My brain feels a little overloaded after two weeks of it, but I've been worse from a single night mushroom trip before.

I'll update if I notice any problems with withdrawal, I don't expect any.

Last edited:
OK, no serious problems to report.

I've found a bad interaction with ethylphenidate. I'd advise not mixing bk-2c-b with that or similar stimulants, the vasoconstriction is uncomfortable & it made me feel schizophrenic for a couple of hours (not something I ever suffered from before). It wasn't very high doses either. Seemed to be far too much dopamine with that mix. Luckily it wasn't a serious problem for me, but not something I'd ever want to repeat, or want anybody else to try repeating.

It did mix well with psilocybe semilanceata mushrooms, marijuana, I had a great time mixing a small dose of bk-2c-b with a small dose of 5-meo-dalt. YMMV.

So, as long as I don't mix it with any other strong stimulants & give myself stimulant psychosis, it seems pretty benign. The combo with ethylphenidate felt really vicious though, I blame the ethylphenidate & I'll be much more careful with that in future.

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed reports Greenthumb - this is really interesting information. It's good to see that it can be pushed, both in terms of frequency and dose. As you say, it seems pretty benign.

Out of interest, how are you taking it?

Oral, wrapped in a rizla paper, usually, swallowed with fruit juice or pop (not sure that makes any difference - stomach acid should be fine). I've also smoked & snorted it (not worth the pain). I'm not sure anybody else has mentioned smoking it, but it does work, instant visuals, but then it takes about 30 minutes for the effects to peak, maybe it's a prodrug & metabolises into something more active? It's a stronger effect smoked, I was getting intense effects (synaesthesia) at around 50-80mg in a joint with some weed & tobacco, while peaking on an oral dose. I'm tempted to buy a glass pipe & try vaporising it.

I'm still feeling a little damaged from the ethylphenidate combo, I didn't expect it to be that harsh, but it was mainly the ethylphenidate. Use caution if you're going to mix it with stimulants, or just don't do it. bk-2c-b is quite stimulating at lower doses anyway & mixing with higher doses just seems a terrible idea. Lower doses are needed if mixing it with anything, 40mg of 5-meo-dalt was uncomfortable, 20mg was fantastic. I only tried about 0.2g of dried mushrooms with it too (15 tiny liberty caps), that was great, added some depth to the trip, not sure about mixing it with more mushrooms yet, but I intend to try it when I've picked some more.

I wouldn't want to push the dose too far, 300mg is the most I'd consider for one trip. I'd worry about too much vasoconstriction at higher doses. It could be bad on the heart, like high doses of 2c-b & other related chemicals. I prefer 150mg or less, 50mg can be a nice mild trip & I've had effects as low as 20mg. Vasoconstriction seems to last into the next day too, so it gets worse if tripping for multiple days in a row.

I really like this chemical, I think it's in my top 5 favourites, although I don't try every RC around. It seems to have few or mild side effects if you don't push it too far, it's not too potent so 10mg either way on the dose doesn't matter much. I like the built in test kit too, it dissolves quickly in water, turns pink/purple after a few minutes & then it'll turn back clear if you add a little vinegar.

I can sleep OK on it too, unlike with mushrooms, I'd never do it multiple days without sleep between.

Last edited:
was just reading in another forum about smoking this stuff anyone tried it ?

Isn't it thought to be a prodrug? Vaporizing will likely not work at all.

I was wondering about that too, but it seems that it worked for Sir Greenthumb.

Dr Greenthumb, I presume, t'was the HCl salt you were smoking?