• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy βK-2C-B Thread - Part 1

Round Two

I recently had the opportunity to give this one another go, this time at 150mg up from ~115mg on my first trial (both oral, capped). Body load (positive and negative), come up anxiety, music appreciation, and visual intensity were noticeably increased but not significantly so (ie. up to this point the dose/response curve seems fairly linear). Mild nausea persisted for close to eight hours, but skipping lunch may have contributed to this. Slight tremors were present early in the trip, followed by some persistent muscle tension (especially in the legs). There was a brief tendency towards negative thoughts early on, alleviated by meeting my desire for human contact (reading message boards, texting with friends).

The headspace seems much more empathogenic than introspective. Although I did reflect on various aspects of my current life situation at times, I never found myself getting lost in my thoughts. Visually I am reminded of LSD and the NBOMes, but again there was a tendency towards dark imagery. With most psychedelics, I find that when images emerge from the patterns they tend to be sexual in nature, alien landscapes, or entities. With βk-2C-B I see a lot of eyes, skulls, dragons, and that sort of thing, but the mind is not prone to fear -- it is just a curiosity. Interestingly, there seemed to be more gaps or blank space in the fractals than I am used to with other psychedelics.

I supplemented with sublingual MXE at T: +8:00 hours (20mg) when things seemed to be just starting to fall off, and again at T: +10:00 hours (40mg). At these doses, the mental effects of the MXE were mostly overshadowed and just contributed a bit of goofy wobbliness (but I have also been using MXE in small doses daily for about two weeks now). Sleep remained impossible at T: +12:00 hours even with 2mg etizolam (slight tolerance), possibly due to the MXE but visual effects of the βk-2C-B were still moderately strong. Finally drifted off around T: +14:00 hours, after an additional 2mg of etizolam led to a substantial decrease in visual activity.

So far, I think this is my second favorite PEA overall that I have tried out of DOC (number one), various NBOMes, 2C-T-2, and methallylescaline; it is certainly the most recreational. I definitely prefer it to all tryptamines I have tried (which I don't get along with other than 5-MeO-MiPT), and probably even more than LSZ (which I have only tried once at 245µg). It does not match that otherworldly manic magic of LSD. The duration and body load are slightly more manageable than DOC and the mild mental effects would seem to make it more suitable for public appearances. Because of the similar durations I am curious how the two would combine, but DOC is a pretty complete psychedelic on its own IME so I'm not sure that the βk-2C-B would have much to add. I would also be wary of negative body loads synergizing and dark imagery tainting the DOC experience. If I were to push the dose higher I wouldn't go above 180mg for my next trip and I would expect this amount to be fairly intense, but I would estimate that the sweet spot for a recreational dose lies between 100-150mg.

160mg for me was a nice gentle trip, but 225mg was fucking amazing. Music sounded sooo good and i got these mdma vibes and sense of wonder throughout.
Lasted 17 hours. I will try 250mg next time. From what i have read the amazingness starts between 200-250mg and higher than that becomes too much.

Interestingly, there seemed to be more gaps or blank space in the fractals than I am used to with other psychedelics.

Yes! I found the CEVs very airy too, and bright, almost like a gentle electricity, whatever that means.

(Apologies for not filing a proper Trip Report - I nearly always forget 'science' in the heat of the moment)

After normal due diligence (allergy test, reading and re-reading this thread etc.), 80mg of bk-2-cb (assumed threshold dose) was prepared in a gel cap.

This morning at 8:45am I drank one fizzy Vitamin C drink (1000mg), ate a banana for good luck and energy, took a prophylactic Aspirin (300mg), swallowed the gelcap, then immediately chased it down with another 1000mg Vit C drink.

No noticable results for at least 50 mins. Slight nausea at 55mins, transient.

The results were subtle, but definite at this dose.

Moderate dilation of pupils, not to MDMA/APB extent, but noticable.
Enjoyable appreciation of colour, although there was no colour change.
Pulse high 70s, slightly higher than normal.
Blood pressure - systolic slightly lower than normal at 122, diastolic normal at 84.
Temperature - 37.7 - slightly higher than normal
Relaxation and pleasurable interest in all sights, sounds, bodily sensations.

After 3 hours, I felt brave enough to plug 30mg MPA with 50mg 2-AI. Repeated after another 4 hours (T +6)

Very workable synergy between all substances at these doses.
Horny as hell and grinning from ear to ear!
Still able to function and appear completely normal to family members throughout.

Now at T +10 still feel a bit high, but a good meal inside me now and ready for bed after 2mg Diclazepam and a Nytol.

NB Cups of tea with 2 spoons sugar taken all day, and very enjoyable. Felt 'necessary' in some way.

Last edited:
Next day - still alive! Feeling normal.

Vital signs (temp/BP/pulse) all back to normal.

Yeah, I'm still feeling great too. I think I depleted my serotonin or something from tripping too much on this stuff almost constantly for about 6 weeks, but even that last trip was great until it ended about 4 hours in & I could only feel the bad effects. I was feeling a bit rough for 2 days, not really much worse than after an MDMA binge or something, just strange effects that I'm not used to & made me anxious. I found my limit on it, needed to see how far I could push it, which is pretty far, but it does turn bad eventually. I even beat my friend at chess, twice, convincingly, for the first time in years - he always beats me, this was while I was still feeling a bit fried from the comedown, so no noticeable brain damage, at least not to the chess part, any brain cells I killed were too weak.

I'm still a bit worried about how new & unknown it is, but it doesn't feel like it's done much damage even after I took it too far & it gave me a warning to stop. I feel better than before I started on it now. Wont be taking any in the next few weeks, still need to recover a little & make sure the magic comes back with this, deal with any tolerance, but I'm glad I've got a few grams saved.

GlassCage, 80mg seems pretty mild, 150mg usually gives a nice trip, more intense but still controllable, but give yourself some rest first, pretty sure the only reason I had a bad time in the second part of my last trip on that dose was because I'd been taking it too often. Maybe don't mix it with other stims at higher doses either, I had a bad time taking it on the end of an ethylphenidate session. It was orgasmic mixed with a small amount of 5-meo-dalt, whole new level of hornyness. Mixing with mushrooms seemed to work great too. Possibly other tryptamines (not amt or other maoi!) will mix well with it too. Family members will definitely notice if you're peaking at over 100mg though, or anybody else who sees your glazed eyes & dilated pupils. At over 250mg the body load seems to start getting bad, for me, I wouldn't take over 300mg at once. It seems like all good fun for me at under 250mg as long as I don't do those kind of doses too often. Even 50mg is enough for me to get some nice effects, I wanted to take it further & get the full experience when I took that dose the first time, but after tripping hard on it 50mg is a nice subtle reminder dose.

I'm considering trying it at 10mg daily microdoses (not soon), see if I can get some subtle nootropic type effects out of it, a 20mg dose was still a little too big for me for that kind of effect, I still got minor CEVs & it seemed somehow more distracting than a higher dose.

Smoking it seemed pretty good too, if a bit more harmful than oral, it felt less bad than smoking MDMA, similar kind of taste. It seemed possibly more potent & not as long waiting to come up smoked, but I was already on it at the time. 20mg wasn't enough to do much smoked in a joint with weed when sober, it was totally overpowered by the weed.

Last edited:
I'm taking my first foray into this substance later this week and very excited after reading reviews. How should I approach as a newbie? Few mg allergy test, followed by 80 mg oral?
I am guessing it mixes well with a bit of MXE or ket. But first things first, try it by itself.

80mg should be enough for mild effects, but you might want 100mg or a little more if you don't want that annoying 'half dose' feeling, stay under 150mg first time.

80mg first time ,no effects.111mg second time got me a little stimulated but didnt even compare with amphetamines or cocaine,very low stimulation.Sleep was easy the first time ,second time i slept 6 hours after taking it,a little harder the second time.
Next morning i felt great and very awake,great stuff very social.

It's not very stimulating at all, easy to sleep on, but that's not the point, it's not supposed to be like amphet or coke. Over 150mg & it can get a bit cartoony, higher doses seem even less stimulating, but more psychedelic. At low doses it's kind of similar to low dose mdma for me, slightly empathogenic & stimulating, just a bit different. At higher doses it's nothing like MDMA & less social, but fun in it's own way.

Last edited:
I want to try it at 120mg but i think its kind of low dosage,maybe 130mg should be better ,i want to experience visual with that substance and im trying to find the right dosage.What dosage do you guys recommend for visuals to appear.at 111mg there was none.

It seems a relatively light therapeutic psyche, more about a nice body high & a fairly clear headed nice feeling, social at 60-120mg, just a mild light manageable buzz, heightened senses, appreciation of music & mild stimulation, like a half dose of MDMA but even more clear headed & nice feeling, longer lasting too. I need 150mg-200mg to get visuals without having to concentrate, but it gets more introspective, the body load gets worse, it's not really a deeper or better trip, you just get some morphing, maybe rainbows coming of edges, freeze framing, not that exciting, might as well watch a cartoon. After doing a more visual dose once or twice it's easier to get visuals from lower doses too. The synaesthesia bit was a little interesting, but that was short lived, after a hefty dose & then some more in a joint, possibly not worth the risk.

Takes 2 hours to start feeling much, then it's gentle, effects peak around 4 hours, lasts about 12 hours.

Just because it seems light, feels nice & the tolerance doesn't build up as fast as with heavier psyches doesn't mean you should do it every couple of days or in huge doses, like I did, that quickly gets too much. Nobody knows what the long term effects will be, it felt a bit bad on my heart & circulation. Now it seems I can't trip at all for a while until I replenish my serotonin. It didn't seem as hard on my mind or body as MDMA, but I'll still treat it with a similar respect in future. The body load is the main concern, I'd eat 300mg MDMA, but I wouldn't eat that much bk-2c-b in a dose.

Do it oral, wrap it in a rizla or capsule, swallow it with something acidic like fruit juice or most types of soft drink, not plain water. Snorting doesn't work, just causes pain. Smoking kind of works & it's more visual, but that's going to be even more unhealthy. Not tried plugging it or anything else, maybe in a slightly acidic solution? Maybe an acidic solution would help to snort it too, if you must - I bet it still burns like hell, but I'd rather stick to oral use.

Don't take it on a full stomach either, my stomach was fine on it as long as I hadn't just had a big meal & I'd taken a shit. Snacking while on it was good too, food tastes great, but I'm not sure I could handle too heavy a meal on it.

Last edited:
Best experience on bk-2CB I've ever had was whilst on flubromazepam, was extremely stupid so I don't advise anyone copying it but just adding a bit more info. Had accidentally ingested an 8mg flubro pill (had wanted to take a 0.5 pyrazolam but was very dark and got mixed up, slight difference there lol) the night before I had some things to do. Had very low benzo tolerance at the time so the flubro hit hard, in my benzo'd state I decided the best way to deal with it would be to take a stimulant to counteract the sedative - only stimulating chem I had on hand was bk-2CB, which I'd had disappointing results with before so didn't think much of it. Dropped some of that (no scales fucking idiot, probs approx 200mg from what was left), after a little while realised what a stupid thing I'd done so deliberately threw up, hoping I'd got rid of most of the drug and nothing horrible would happen. After this gave up on my plans for the day and decided to just give in to the flubro sleep to at least get a nice rest.

Few hours later got woken up by a phone call from my girl who'd come round to see me. Excitedly got up to see her and instantly realised something was very different - everything was very colourful, there were sparkles everywhere and to put it mildly I felt absolutely banging. The bk had obviously kicked in while I was asleep (no idea how much had survived my vomiting but clearly enough). Was such a shit and irresponsible way to take it but got to be honest it felt amazing, euphoria and music appreciation was on a similar level to MDMA, sensual feeling on my skin was incredible and without going into detail definitely didn't inhibit sex at all (the opposite tbh), all this acting through the heavy sedative (god knows what it would have been like from a sober baseline). The flubro prevented any kind of anxious thoughts or trip worries and relaxed my body enough that there was never any issue with load. Was an absolutely beautiful experience, could have gone horribly wrong though due to my terrible preparation/harm reduction techniques, and to this day I'm gutted I didn't measure out the bk2cb as now I'll never know the exact amount to reach that level cos it was proper nice. Tried it a few times before and after and have had good times but never anything as gorgeous as that...

Treating it as closer to a long lasting psychedelic MDMA rather than a weak acid I reckon is the right way to go, anyone expecting acid type revelations is likely to be very disappointed, but for a long lasting recreational trippy drug it does the job... sometimes. Very unpredictable though.

EDIT: Just to make sure this doesn't encourage reckless behaviour, dosing without scales was MORONIC, and due to the vomiting afterwards I have no idea what dose achieved the effects I received here, please if you fancy trying this work up yourself from a low level, after allergy testing 100-120mg seems to be generally seen as a good start but everyone is unique so be careful. It lasts for a fucking long time as well when it works so make sure you have at least a day for recovery! Just thought this could be a useful post describing bk-2CB's reactions with benzodiazapines. Also DrGreenThumb crazy respect from me for pushing this substance further than anyone else so far, I hope it hasn't had any long term negative effects on you for your efforts but I'm sure your experiments will be tremendously helpful for research on this compound in future. As it'll soon be one of the only UK legal psychedelics I reckon it'll probably increase in popularity soon and any info is helpful.

Last edited:
Last time i tried it was at 122mg ,very nice comeup feeling great,mood was uplifted ,colours were more saturated ,dancing was easy.Very good experience at that dosage.Also as DrGreenthumb stated earlier this substance must be anti inflammatory,my elbow tendonitis pain is long gone after a week on this stuff.

My back pain that had been troubling me for years never returned either, feels like I'm 10 years younger. Overall feeling great after my bk-2c-b binge & better than I was before I started, so far. I think the inflammation was reducing anyway due to my change in diet, but this took it away never to return. It only needed low sub-visual doses to do that too.

It doesn't feel like I had any long term negative effects, but I guess we'll see in the long term. Felt like I was getting to the point where it might start causing damage & the high disappeared too as well, so I stopped. Seemed to be no real tolerance on this stuff until a trip just ended half way through & left me with only negative effects for the rest of the day. Definitely ruined my appreciation of psyches for a while, tried an al-lad trip over a week later & that failed to get me psychedelic too, but I'm sure my serotonin will recover.

Just saying treat it with respect, even though it seems relatively mild & benign on the mind, it has powerful body effects too & you will deplete your serotonin or whatever eventually, just like on mdma or other psyches. Possibly good for some people in small doses and/or occasionally, but as with any fairly new RC, nobody knows what long term side effects it might have.

Last edited:
Wow. I took 100mg orally plus a bunch of MXE and wow, you guys have got to experience this if you haven't before. Maybe it was just everything falling into place, but I forget what I was going to say. There is so much love to be found in this. Will report more after done tripping face.

Edit 30 mins later: The energy is majestic! it has some serious legs too. 5 hours ago i began my walk on this sunny crisp yet warm day with plenty of change in the wind. I felt the energies of the forest deeply. At one point i got lost and walked on a trail that led me to a housing development, and after turning around and finally making my way back to the forest, i felt such relief to be walking on earth compared to concrete. That's when the effects really began to strike at my heart. Really bright energy on the edges of everything and flickering and phasing, all the good stuff on so many levels I don't even know anymore what is happening but i am on this ride and it is very pleasant and very now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The next morning. I slept a lot, slept well. Slight headache and thirsty, but other than that feeling good. I don't know exactly how much MXE I combined it with but I ended up taking about 100 mg throughout the day in many ~20 mg doses every few hours. There was a solid hour at least of an exquisite 'peak' where it overcame me so much I had to retreat to bed and ride the current. At the beginning of the peak (after my 3 hour journey through the forest to kick it off) insufflated less than 20 mg of MXE mixed with less than 20 mg of DPT. I don't know if the DPT contributed anything or was overpowered completely, but all I know is that peak was some serious non-stop magic. After the peak I drank a yummy raw meal smoothie and ate a light dinner an hour after that. I rested most of the night riding the last of euphoric waves with my cat who enjoyed the secondhand trippy love.

Everything happens for a reason. Now I know why I had such a strong trip. I had a mg scale this morning in my presencce, turns out I consumed roughly 180 mg bk-2c-b yesterday not the the 100 I had estimated with my scoop. The stuff is denser than I realized. So yeah, strong trip,

As for the immune system connection, I feel it did have an effect on my immune system, towards a beneficial tuning. I feel like a new person today, a better person. The experience did a lot to rebalance my sense of self and being. 10/10 would do again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too, vortech, I feel like a new improved person after taking this, all the pain, depression, lethargy that I was feeling before vanished. I was recovering from a medical problem caused by auto-immune inflammation, but this really speeded up recovery like nothing else could & totally unexpectedly for me too.

I think the worst possible side effects are going to be on the heart & vascular system, then only from repeated use and/or really high doses. Nobody really knows though, as with any new RC. It's not something to dose on too regularly, like any other psychedelic & brand new RC, but it seems nice & good fun occasionally.

It is self limiting as I found out, there isn't much immediate tolerance, but if you abuse it far too much (like I did) then you'll lose any high from it, deplete your serotonin & wont be able to do psyches for weeks. Halfway through my last trip it just ended, like all my serotonin ran out & then I only felt bad side effects. Same again when I tried AL-LAD 8 or 9 days later, nothing but bad side effects.

I am only ~55KG weight, so maybe heavier people need slightly higher doses. I did up to 250mg, but I wouldn't go higher due to the body effects. I really wouldn't recommend dosing every 2 or 3 days like I was doing for weeks, not worth the risk. It's really potent as an anti-inflammatory, so I guess some doesn't cross the blood brain barrier & just has serotonin based body effects, which could be dangerous in large doses. All the effects are unknown with it being so new, so just be careful & think about the body effects, even though it seems benign mentally.

Last edited:
Scoops are NOT accurate enough for this sort of thing, good to hear you have scales now.

On BK-2CB right now and sadly, the visuals are nothing like other experiences. I find it such an inconsistent substance - 80mg one day will produce mild visuals, 100mg on another will have minimal effect, 130mg had me at +++ at least, but 170mg barely caused colour shift and tracers.