• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How did you get into the more "hardcore" drugs

I'm not going to blame marijuana on my graduation to harder drugs. When I was a hardcore stoner, I would've never done anything like crack, heroin, meth, etc..
The hardest drug I did while I was a stoner had to be MDMA.. Cut to about 5-6 years later, I don't smoke anymore, and most of my time is spent playing games or taking a long drive.
Well, being the only person with a vehicle in my circle of friends - I always got calls asking for a ride. One of those calls happend to be from a childhood friend of mine. One whom was into heroin.
I got the offer to drive her out there, and she would pay for the gas & buy me a bag. I didn't know what I was getting into at the time, but my curiosity peaked.
She made it seem like an exciting, wonderful, adventure. And I won't lie. It was.. for the time being.

i started reading a few experience reports on erowid about oxycodone and that was the beginning of the end, i guess you could say.

I knew heroin had to be fucking awesome & I'm a curious boy...

Cocaine sounded cool. Meth did too.

And everyone nose, if you're gonna use them, you might as well put 'em in a rig & fire away.

So I did :):|:(, eh

I dip my toe into most "hardcore" drugs.. and it's the medium/soft drugs that save me from jumping in the pool all the way.

getting into rx opiate pills, like vicoden, tho esp percocets. i can actually still remember when i could take a 5mg perc and feel goooooooooooood lol. dont think that will ever happen again.

Right. Then you realize that it takes 400mgs oxy to feel it at all, and wonder how that could have possibly happened?

Bloody heroin.

^indeed. i also blame bupe maint. the dr gave me far more than i needed and it jacked my tolerance sky high.

Its difficult to say exactly how harder drugs came into my life, but I suppose it would be because i have an extreme interest in reading about drugs. Ever since I first smoked weed Erowid became my favorite way to pass time, And learning about these drugs sparked curiosity to experience them. My first 'hardcore' drug was coke but I didn't set out to find it. it was simply offered to me which is how I came about doing most drugs I've tried.

I've always wondered this, about how one goes about getting into the harder, more addictive substances, that moment when a person decides, for the first time, to go ahead and do it -- be it heroin, cocaine, or whatever else. It remained a mystery to me for a long, long time until I finally did it myself, and I could probably argue that it was merely a slow slide from taking and abusing pharmaceutical, prepscription drugs to the similar (in their effects), more illicit, "street" drugs; and, to some degree, that might be true, but, in all sincerity, I simply made the decision to begin experimenting with those "taboo" sort of drugs. I made the decision, sought out those people and those substances, and then I did it.

Same..... I started using heroin when I ran out of my pain pills a bit too early. Figured gear is bloody dear expensive, I'm not going to waste it! Straight into the barrel it went, the first time I shot up or did heroin it was IV.

Bad decision!

I got into drugs from reading neuropharm papers when I was 16. Pretty much tried all classes of drugs as fast as I could, but of course the easiest to find was pot and psychs, then speed and dissociatives among other things eventually ending up with opiates. Science, I guess, was my gateway? I always found drugs fascinating despite all the DARE crap.

^
Science could be the biggest enabler of all; I watched some shit the other day with Stephen Hawking where he all but conclusively proved that God or a god could not exist; He was like, "So does God exist? I do not think so. Before the big bang, time did not yet exist, and so there would have been no time for God or a god to make the universe."

It made so much sense, and was so unbelievably depressing, that I just had to go right out and spend my last $20 on dope.

Science, man... leaving no doubt in your mind whatsoever of your complete and utter worthlessness since 1900 B.C. :\

^^ I used to read up on all the shit i could and when I was 13 after I took 30mg alprazolam and passed out for 2 days... I read up at erowid on every drug on the site and by the time i was 15 i had access to medical vials of diluaid and morphine so I started shooting the dilaudid.

Mostly because i read up on the effects / brain chem etc and deemed the media and social aspects bullshit, just didn't tell anyone and it was off to the races for me with opioids.
And as time went on the opioids got harder ( ie heroin, morphine pills, opana etc etc ) and i found better stims, from adderall to dexamp to dexmethamp.

Tolerance increase on codeine and hydrocodone. Then tolerance to oxycodone and insufflated heroin.

As for meth, I suppose it was adderall, but really it was more so to do with curiosity of feeling meth and heroin at the same time when I was hooked on heroin.

The rest was from curiosity.

tried opiates before any other drug. fell in love with hydrocodone and oxycodone at age 15. then i couldnt find them anymore. smoked weed. eventually found heroin at 18 and after so many years of fiending and having no opiates around, i went balls out the second i heard some girl knew where to find it. and the rest is history.

id say the reason i got into drugs was curiosity, my parents trying to over shelter me and the fact that i live in the moment, not worry about whats gonna happen tomorrow.
my first was alcohol just 9 days into being 12. it was new years eve and i was with some girls that got older guys to buy them premixed vodka drinks. (red bears if your from aus)
After that i drank at any oppertunity i could.
13 i was walking along a path with two friends and i kicked a cigarette packet that was on the ground. turns out it was full. so, with encouragement from my friends, i was now a smoker.
towards the end of my 13th year, a friend came up to me at our local hangout and said he bought a gram of weed and didnt want to smoke it on his own, let alone how to smoke it.
i hadnt smoked it before either, but i knew how to empty a cig and refill it with green.
i packed up two weed-cigs and we smoked the shit out of them.
so now i was smoking cigs everyday, drinking 3/7 days a week and weed was on the steady increase from once a month to daily.
about 14 and a half my first 'hard' drug was when i was at a party, i had drank a stupid ammount and was talking to a guy who asked me for a smoke. naturaly weed talk came up and he asked me if i took x at all. i told him i did (i dunno why, drunken bullshit talk i spose) we went into an empty room were he crushed up 2 pills and we had two pretty big lines each.
i guess the fact that it was free was a big factor.
i didnt touch anything 'hard' again until i was 15. i was going to a music gig and there was a kinda electro/trippy/metal band playing. i was going with a friend i occasionaly got weed off and i knew she could get acid. seemed like a good idea to me and it was. after that day i knew what my DOC was. LSD became a very big part of my life from there on.
my acid friend decided i was a pain in the ass and introduced me to the source.
this may have been the major turning point in my life. turns out the acid man was basically a one stop drug stop.
he had a very nice selection. we also happened to get a long quite well, so i was getting more for less if you know what i mean.
in a few short months i had tried speed, base, DMT, meth, coke, Pure MDMA amd hash(from france).
thats it really. i guess the friends i had (still have) didnt really help, either being dealers and suppliers or people who wanted to get messy with me.
i mostly just smoke my weed these days,
although recently ive been getting on meth quite a lot.
once again that free drugs thing.
ill end with this, dont blame anything except for your own mind. thats where the final decision comes from.

and thats when you know its time to get some sleep. ridiculously long rant that probably doesnt make much sense.
goodnight to the bluelight.

Last edited by a moderator:
IV Exaglo(Time-realeased Dilaudid) about a little over a year ago..well lortabs, percocets a little methadone,poppy pods,valium,adderall, all those since High school or right after. Didn't IV till a year ago, then came the Dillies,Roxi's,Morphine(the shitty ones that probly should never be Iv'ed) and Meth a couple times.

I think I always knew I'd do drugs. I was fascinated by them from a young age. So when my friend met a guy who sold ecstasy, I was the first one of my group of friends to try it. That was tenth grade.