• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

[MEGA] Cathinone Subthread - Methylone, ethylone, pentylone... Chemical alphabet soup

lostsoul.On.E

Bluelighter
Methylone

This thread is mainly for Methylone, AKA BK-MDMA or 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylcathinone. It will also cover it's relative analogues, pentylone ethylone, butylone, and several others.

Methylone
220px-Methylone.svg.png

Ethylone
Bk-MDEA.svg

Pentylone
Pentylone_structure.png

These cathinone chemicals have been rising in popularity as of recently, and are often time melted down and recrystallized into "moonrock" form and passed off as MDMA. It has become very common for these drugs to be sold as "molly" in places lacking MDMA, and many inexperienced users cannot tell the difference. However, many people are now finding these drug have their own value instead of as fake "ecstasy', and this thread is for the users who chose to take it over MDMA for whatever reason.

here are some studies that indicate that methylone and mephedrone create damage very similar, though not equivalent to MDMA.

Abstract

INTRODUCTION/AIMS:
The use of cathinone-derivative designer drugs methylone and mephedrone has increased rapidly in recent years. Our aim was to investigate the possible long-term effects of these drugs on a range of behavioral tests in mice. Further, we investigated the long-term effects of these drugs on brain neurochemistry in both rats and mice.

METHODS:
We treated animals with a binge-like regimen of methylone or mephedrone (30mg/kg, twice daily for 4days) and, starting 2weeks later, we performed behavioral tests of memory, anxiety and depression and measured brain levels of dopamine (DA), serotonin (5-HT), their metabolites and norepinephrine (NE). 5-HT and DA transporter (5-HTT and DAT) levels were also measured in rats by [(3)H]paroxetine and [(3)H]mazindol binding.

RESULTS:
Mephedrone reduced working memory performance in the T-maze spontaneous alternation task but did not affect neurotransmitter levels aside from a 22% decrease in striatal homovanillic acid (HVA) levels in mice. Methylone had little effect on behavior or neurotransmitter levels in mice but produced a widespread depletion of 5-HT and 5-HTT levels in rats.

CONCLUSIONS:
Both methylone and mephedrone appeared to have a long-term effect on either behavioral or biochemical gauges of neurotoxicity in rodents.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23099177

Original Post:

due to the recent lack of mdma and the recent flood of methylone i have given in. i want to experience this drug that from what ive heard isnt too bad of a drug. Not quite mdma but quite close. now i have some questions. for those of you that have tried both mdma and methylone would i go about the experience the same way? Ex. vicks, lightshows, electronic music ect.. or is there a different vibe to it. I only plan on trying this once to get me through this drought so i want to make it a good one. Any experiences and tips appreciated.

Ive also heard its not a nice drug when redosing so im going for 160 mg's in one shot. sound like a good first dose? ive done some research but pretty unfamiliar with this drug and all rc's for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing you have to keep in mind is the duration of the high. Your looking at and hour and a half two hours tops with methylone compared to 4 or 5 with mdma so people tend to redose a lot on the stuff trying to get to that one point but never quit getting there. You don't get the same empathy and euphoria with methylone as you do with mdma but you get jaw jacked and eye wigfles and you feel likeyour kinda rolling, then poof, its gone. Can be dangerous because one never knows the strengths or even if it is methylone to begin with so, there's my two cents.

Methylone is more stimulating and gives you more energy than MDMA but the bodyhigh and loved up feeling is less intense than MDMA.

exactly ^.... your gonna feel a come up like all tingly in your body and a nice touch... them boom!!! you actually kinda feel like your on mdma... except for your much more stimulated and cant stop talking... vicks and all that shit is cool and touching people and mild euphoria and you wonder ... wow is this actually mdma? then very sortly after the peak... once your about to be in love with everything then it stops... then u just feel stimulated and kinda normal afterwards... very disappointing when your hoping once your up your gonna stay up but nope...

Actually I have found that mixing methylone and butylone gives u a MUCH MUCH better MDMA like rush high, especially the 1st time u try it. Seriously guys try it.... it is grand!

I managed to redose fine on bk-mdma and enjoyed it. Had my first cap then one hour later had my second cap and was rolling for a while.

Only thing you have to keep in mind is the duration of the high. Your looking at and hour and a half two hours tops with methylone compared to 4 or 5 with mdma so people tend to redose a lot on the stuff trying to get to that one point but never quit getting there. You don't get the same empathy and euphoria with methylone as you do with mdma but you get jaw jacked and eye wigfles and you feel likeyour kinda rolling, then poof, its gone. Can be dangerous because one never knows the strengths or even if it is methylone to begin with so, there's my two cents.

Pretty much sums it up. if you are experienced MDMA user you wont able to help the feeling of being somewhat "disappointed" with the experience. at least i do lol wheres the love?????!!!!!!!!

Yes, I would describe methylone as MDMA's "mini-me". Similarly delicious sensations, but shorter and not really taking you into a transcendent place the way e does. I find that I can have a lovely night repeating 100mg+ methylone doses every hour or two - 3 doses is good, 4 times just gets more speedy than anything else. But when it's good it really facilitates horny feelings - and once my attention goes that way, I find it hard to let go of. However, beware of fiending. I have had one night where I got stuck in repeat dosing to enjoy the horny sensations which, with each repeat, were of shorter and shorter duration. I really overdid it that night and felt atrocious for the next three days. 8)

iv being using methylone every weekend for 1-2 days. in this time i usually go through a few grams. i could go through a gram in about 12 hours very easy by either bombing,snorting or plugging. i don't like bombing much. and snorting is a waste of drugs and your nose. plugging is really amazing. similar to shooting up but without the rush. i usually take about 2-400 mg, route dependent and by the end of the night i could be doing that every couple of hours. i shot up methylone last week. iv being using it every day for 6 days now. im taking a break for 2 days then having some for a day then having a much longer break. injecting it is amazing, to amazing. like no other drug. i would recommend staying away from iv'ing this drug. because you will become addicted. i inject about 200 for a dose. after going on a binge. the frequency of the time you need to re-dose gets shorter and doses larger. il be shooting up every 30 minutes by the end of a few day binge, because by that point the rush is the only nice part. don't recommend anyone doing what im doing. it's likely to fuck my brain. just sharing this for education and information purposes

Method I don't need to state the obvious just hope you try take care of yerself buddy.

I like methylone but it's NOT MDMA...think of it more like a great alternative to alcohol as a social lubricant, and you won't be as disappointed.

Methylone is more stimulating and gives you more energy than MDMA but the bodyhigh and loved up feeling is less intense than MDMA.

i wouldnt say bk-mdma is more stimulating or produces more energy. i always got pretty mashed on the stuff. i do however totally agree that bk-mdma is lacking when it comes to the love high, which i thought was why people around the world loved mdma so much, the love. <3

iv being using methylone every weekend for 1-2 days. in this time i usually go through a few grams. i could go through a gram in about 12 hours very easy by either bombing,snorting or plugging. i don't like bombing much. and snorting is a waste of drugs and your nose. plugging is really amazing. similar to shooting up but without the rush. i usually take about 2-400 mg, route dependent and by the end of the night i could be doing that every couple of hours. i shot up methylone last week. iv being using it every day for 6 days now. im taking a break for 2 days then having some for a day then having a much longer break. injecting it is amazing, to amazing. like no other drug. i would recommend staying away from iv'ing this drug. because you will become addicted. i inject about 200 for a dose. after going on a binge. the frequency of the time you need to re-dose gets shorter and doses larger. il be shooting up every 30 minutes by the end of a few day binge, because by that point the rush is the only nice part. don't recommend anyone doing what im doing. it's likely to fuck my brain. just sharing this for education and information purposes

Thats just crazy talk man. You should take a break for a little.

Redosing Methylone

Does redosing work with methylone? Like is there any way to make it last more than an hour and a half without ripping apart your brain and eating a gram?

He has a point about IV M1 though. It really is pretty fukkin godly. Was never a fan of the stuff till I got given a load and started shooting it. Dose needs to be high though. 300mg+ is my sweetspot.

(hr disclaimer: no this is not wise... but am not particularly wise sometimes and always report my actual experience no matter what)

That aside, it's definitely not summat I'd take frequently. Really fuxxorrated my mouth (and that of a friend too) for some reason. Proper sores and stuff. Ick.

Is nice enough now and then but treat it as its own drug. There's no point trying to compare with MDMA cos it ain't MDMA. It's different. That's the point.