• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Your Favorite Quotes; Vs "I Have a Dream"

There is a vitality, a life-force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action. And because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium, and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, nor how valuable, nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open.'

Martha Graham

Fred Jung: Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on.

Maybe not the best to quote a movie all about drugs haha but this quote has always stuck with me. It's one of the truest things ever written/spoken.

"This isn't about morality, it's about power disguised as morality, the hypocritical smokescreen of our era."
Clay Travis

"stop trying to make fetch happen"

"he called the shit poop"

“We do not learn from experience... we learn from reflecting on experience.”
― John Dewey

“A man can sleep around, no questions asked, but if a woman makes nineteen or twenty mistakes she's a tramp.”
― Joan Rivers

“If you make a mistake and do not correct it, this is called a mistake.”
― Confucius

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future." - from Cloud Atlas

It's so true that you can't escape it no matter how much you'd love to. Years ago I decided that I needed to be on my own and trust nobody to succeed in life, and the more I was trying, the more I was destroying myself because I just can't be ruthless. Every time I was, I got weaker, it just doesn't feel right and I felt ashamed looking in the mirror knowing that I betrayed the values I've always believed in. But not any more, even if my whole life is sad and empty, I will at least die free.

^ I found that trust in others is a direct result of developing a trust of myself. A liar expects others to lie. A manipulator expects others to be only interested in their own benefit. Living my life more and more in tune with my own internal moral compass had the unintended consequence of inspiring a deep trust in others. Trust does not mean being blind or naive; it is a recognition of our shared humanity and all the struggles that entails.

“Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it.”
― C. JoyBell C.

"At some point, you've just got to jump. You've got to quit being scared of the maybes and what-ifs and just jump. Quit cheating yourself out of the best thing that could ever happen to you, and just fall. Fall hard, fall long, and fall forever."

-Unknown

<3...

Last edited:
It always seems impossible until it is done

Nelson Mandela surly one of the greatest members of our race in modern times <3

^Agreed. I think his evolution as a non-violent activist, while in prison for so many years, is one of the most inspiring things in my lifetime.

I'm not usually prone to such things but I shed a tear at his death, as you say he once stood for taking direct violent action and held peace in his very hands.

To stand in front of the oppressed people who looked to him and preach the words of love and reconciliation literally changed the world, he was still just one man with frailties, he may not have got everything right but when the big moment came he chose a path that showed what a glittering diamond our species is.

Another one for today

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.

Joseph Campbell

overcoming-strength-picture-quote.jpg

hahah thats so cute. your son is lucky yo have you as a dad NSA.

Thanks guys.. he put together a slideshow and emailed it to me and this was a quote from on of the slides. He's a great kido with a very big heart. =D