• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Mega Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, recently I've discovered my own personal "cure" for kratom withdrawal, whether it will work for anyone else IDK but I'm 3 days with no kratom and I feel litterally maybe 5% withdrawal, days 2 and 3 are the worst so I'm confident things will only get better from here on. I mean I've been sleeping normally and going to work with zero discomfort. What's my personal "cure"? Gabapentin, Baclofen, and etizolam....all can be ordered online (in the us at least, check your countries legality). Take the baclofen and gabapentin as needed and take 1-2mgs of etiz before bed, though I find that I don't even need the etiz to sleep, it just makes sure there will be no struggle. There are other meds that work as well like pregabalin, clonodine, MXE, and loperamide. All this stuff besides pregabalin and loperamide can be purchased online, loperamide can be bought at any drug store or even grocery store and pregabalin and clonodine are prescription only, actually you can probably find clonodine on online pharmacies.

Keep in mind though that some of these remedies are in themselves addictive so only use them for the withdrawal period which for me is only 5-7 days, ymmv.

Interesting that you composed that cure for Kratom WD: the Gabapentin and Baclofen combo is currently being researched (and already successfully put to practice) as a means to get off GHB/GBL addiction in some places.
I personally like to every once in a while take Pregabalin and Kratom together for a lazy couch ridden day (I really like that dreamy combo), but that's probably a direction that this discussion shouldn't go to, from a HR point of view...

1) If you'd stick to that regimen, I doubt it that you'll ever get WD. I take plain leaf a few times a week (and occasionally extracts like the Gold or UEI ones, but never more than once a week, more like once every few weeks) and I've never experienced any WD ever, luckily, so I can't tell if they'd set in gradually or immediately at full force.
2) I can't tell, because ^.
3) I would assume flu like, nausea, some pains and insomnia.
4) Oxy and Hydro are hard opioids, so yeah they're Much more physically addictive than Kratom.

Personally, I think that if you managed to stick to that Oxy plan like you did, you can surely stick to a comparable Kratom plan. And I don't think Kratom is really a substance to binge on, but maybe that's just me.

I find kratom to be the opposite. With opioids like oxy and others like it they are hard to find and are too expensive to binge on but kratom is easy to obtain, much cheaper and because of the stimulant effects better (IMO) to be productive on. Sure if I was rich and had access to lots of oxy I would probably choose them 9/10 times but unfortunately that's not the case.

Does anyone else love kratom as much as I do? Next to weed, kratom is my favorite drug. It's simply divine and such a blessing for those of us who struggle with opiate addiction.

I enjoy kratom MORE than opiates. The other day I shot some heroin and all I could think was "this is a decent kratom substitute but it doesn't compare to the real thing". Yes, thats right, I now consider kratom to be the real thing and opiates to just be a substitute for when I dont have kratom instead of the other way around.

In kratom, we have a substance which rivals opium in both painkilling and euphoric effects. Do you folks realize how rare and that special that really is? In addition to rivaling opium, it also have some very interesting properties, for instance I get music enhancement, and introspection from it and a feeling a joy which I dont get from opiates. Plus, the side effects and withdrawal are so much less. What a great drug.

Amazing post. You are me! I too have a post grad degree, a good job that I've had for over 12 years, 2 beautiful little ones, and a wide that adores me. I'm a 50-70 mg norco a day user. Have been for years due to an injury. I get 90 pills from my doc a month and also "get" more throughout the month at times. I just bought kratom in hopes that I can begin to taper down my habit to eventually nothing. Have yet to use it. I'm afraid of how much to use and how often. I bought Malaysia maeng da from a good source online. Any advice would be great

I find kratom to be the opposite. With opioids like oxy and others like it they are hard to find and are too expensive to binge on but kratom is easy to obtain, much cheaper and because of the stimulant effects better (IMO) to be productive on. Sure if I was rich and had access to lots of oxy I would probably choose them 9/10 times but unfortunately that's not the case.

Obtainability, price and productivity can indeed all be factors that may add to the frequency of intake, but only to a certain extend. I can see where one could do Kratom 2 or 3 times a day. By 'binging' I was more thrown into the direction of taking it every 1 or 2 hours for example, which this material doesn't really lend itself to IMO. Maybe I misinterpreted the term.

Does anyone else love kratom as much as I do? Next to weed, kratom is my favorite drug. It's simply divine and such a blessing for those of us who struggle with opiate addiction.

I enjoy kratom MORE than opiates. The other day I shot some heroin and all I could think was "this is a decent kratom substitute but it doesn't compare to the real thing". Yes, thats right, I now consider kratom to be the real thing and opiates to just be a substitute for when I dont have kratom instead of the other way around.

In kratom, we have a substance which rivals opium in both painkilling and euphoric effects. Do you folks realize how rare and that special that really is? In addition to rivaling opium, it also have some very interesting properties, for instance I get music enhancement, and introspection from it and a feeling a joy which I dont get from opiates. Plus, the side effects and withdrawal are so much less. What a great drug.

It sounds like I love it as much as you do. I enjoy Kratom more than opiates too and find it easier to stay away from nonetheless. It's a treasure, even for those of us who don't have opiate addictions. I think I even prefer it over cannabis. If I were asked to ditch all psychoactive substances but one, I would keep the Kratom stash. After some hard thinking, tears, heartpains, hairloss, etc, but still.

Obtainability, price and productivity can indeed all be factors that may add to the frequency of intake, but only to a certain extend. I can see where one could do Kratom 2 or 3 times a day. By 'binging' I was more thrown into the direction of taking it every 1 or 2 hours for example, which this material doesn't really lend itself to IMO. Maybe I misinterpreted the term.

Fair enough. I guess when I think of binging it's simply using it daily whether it's once a day or 2-3 times a day. Other than a few times I only use kratom once a day and when I do true opioids I do it the same way...one time dose and no redosing.

As much as I love kratom it's not something I could take multiple times a day. Other than having to ingest the nasty powder the duration is too short, anything after the first dose feels like a waste and I pretty much have to fast all day just to get the good effects. Honestly if I could get tramadol I would probably use it more than kratom. One thing that I do really like about kratom is that I feel safe combining it with my benzo of choice which is something I don't feel when I take oxy/hydrocodone.

I should start by saying that my intended purpose is to go from Subs to kratom with as little discomfort as possible.

A day away from subs (I'm a fast metabolizer so 12h is usually my limit before I start to w/d) and I hastily open the package and dose 5.0g.

Part of my varied experience may be due to the fact I got /purple/ Indo. An ethnocentric site was having a sale so I figured purple is close to red.. right? (Sorry for hinting, but purple is otherwise unhead of in my limited experience.)

5g, results, nothing
30 minutes, 5g, results, nothing
60 minutes, 5g, a dreamlike state, I think just from being still so long and searching for some sort of physiologic change,
~90 minutes, 5g, nothing, I end up falling asleep out of boredom, although I'm not experiencing withdrawal from suboxone still.
~300 minutes, 2.5g, maybe I went too high - I notice a little energy but I also did take a nap while waiting for some effect.
~310 minutes, 5g, feeling my body missing Suboxone.

So in short, I have hope that a high dose will satiate my body into coming off Subs slowly. Just my two cents. Feel free to advise.

I used it to come off subs. Plan on using 4x daily, 4 to 10g, which is a huge range, just figure out what works.

I had bad RLS, but I could take a dose and sleep just fine.

i have been on kratom for two weeks to kick my oxy habit. i feel fine and dont crave oxys... i dont feel high just normal. .. and while im happy about this im afraid of getting hooked on kratom. i only take 6 gm of bali a day. is this good?

I skimmed sum pgs but not all because its such massive thread so forgive me if sum questions gave already been discussed.
Personally I found a short 1-2 week kratom taper to be very effective and it didnt just postpone wds but I was able to taper off h using kratom n got off kratom with no problems almost felt like I cheated withdrawals.

anyway my question is about different strains and nausea. I used bali for the most part and sometimes- especially after a very large dose like 8-10gs (I normally dont take over 10gs at once), and sometimes by the end of the day if I took multiple moderate sized doses- I end up getting pretty nauseous and sometimes throw up.
I read that bali is actually one of the most nausea-inducing strains and other strains dont cause as much nausea. Well I ran out of bali and had a couple ozs of maeng da. Taking the maeng da at the same large doses even numerous times a day I found that I dont get as nauseous if I even get any nausea at all. Has anyone else noticed that some strains cause a lot more nausea than others?
Also I hear red vein borneo is actually best for withdrawals but readin reviews everyone says that bali is more effective. Is bali also a red vein kratom? What makes bali so much better for opiate wds than red vein borneo?

bali and red vein are the same, and they are supposed to be better because they are more euphoric and relaxing imo, and from what ive read. i dont know about large doses since i only take 2gm max at a time..... but i too feel like im cheating the withdrawals and that makes me a lil nervous.

Weird question but the Company Captain Kratom sells a product called Captain Amserdam Premium Bali 15g Capsules.

I'm just wondering if that means that the capsules are individually 15grams or there is 15 grams total in the bag?

I am guessing 15 grams total because from what I've read 15grams seems like a pretty big dose...

If so, anyone know how many grams the capsules are with this brand?

^I dont have a definite answer for you but 15 grams is a pretty large dose. Kratom capsules are usually overpriced, if you want to save some money you should look for places that sell by the ounce or pound.

^I dont have a definite answer for you but 15 grams is a pretty large dose. Kratom capsules are usually overpriced, if you want to save some money you should look for places that sell by the ounce or pound.

Yeah I know that.

But I was still curious about this one product and it looks like you answered the question.

Probably extremely over priced capsules that are 15grams total in the bag, which if so, I am guessing they are like 1 gram each but who knows...

How many grams would you probably dose at once?

By send you back into withdrawls to you mean push you back to the beginning of your progress?

I tried 10gr of "Bali" on the 21st and it didn't really do anything except that I did slightly notice there was something there but then again my tolerance is fairly high. It did not put me back into withdrawal at all though but I was free of wd symptoms to begin with.

Honestly though, I really wish I knew about this stuff like two years ago!

Does anyone else find that just about any strain of Kratom will last practically all day? Maeng Da or Borneo White both have me high for 12+ hours, Bali around 7-8, Thai Red Vein like 10-12...certainly this is partially because I don't exactly go light on the doses, but I hear about a lot of people having even a strong Maeng Da dose last only 6 hours. I know this isn't unique to me by any means, but I'm wondering how common it is.

since i only take 1-2 grams at a time it only lasts 3-4 hours, but im taking it for oxy withdrawals and since its been two weeks since ive had any oxy, my withdrawals are prob gone. but with that being said i have some friends that take 7-8 grams and it lasts most of the day. i think if you are not taking it for withdrawals it last longer. everyone is different. its good that it lasts so long for you because that means you dont have to take it that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.