• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Mega Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear all is well:). As ridiculous as it sounds I'm back on kratom, I'm using it to fight the rebound insomnia from tapering off of etizolam. I figure I'll stay on kratom until I get off the etiz and then use a non benzo to combat insomnia once I kick the kratom.

Make sure you don't just switch back to kratom! Really though kratom is the better drug to be addicted to IMO. Addictions a funny little game ain't it? You get hooked on one drug, then the only comfortable way to get off that drug is to use another drug, then you gotta try not to get hooked on the comfort drug so that you won't need to worry about getting addicted to the next drug when you wanna quit the comfort drug... Sounds like fun huh!

Or being addicted to using kratom and benzos simultaneously. Then your brain doesn't know what the hell it's withdrawing from. lol

Lol, been there.

I've never been through a truly bad withdrawal, I've always managed to get something else to transfer to. Last ten years of my life spent addicted to one opioid or another.

Lol I've never been fully dependant on benzos but have gone through rebound effects quite a few I can sorta relate. The anxiety kicks in and your like fuck, time for kratom so you take kratom and your anxiety either doesn't go away or even gets worse and you realize it's the benzos 8). IME kratom does NOT help with rebound effects from benzos, like at all.

Right, will cut a long story as short as possible here:

I took 3g & got a slight mood lift & felt warm, but not an opiate style warmth per say, with not much sedation... decided to re-dose 1g at the 1 hour stage.

Both times I had some very mild nausea after consuming it (yoghurt first time, toss & wash second). Didn't feel much apart from the fact the mood lift started to go... I then ate some dinner 40 minutes later. This was a mistake because I got very bloated & felt more nauseous. The nausea was more akin to indigestion than wanting to be sick. I then got a slight headache & was feeling a bit apathetic - I was starting to nod a bit by this point. Standing up & walking around seemed to stop the nausea... definitely high but the nodding in the absence of a mood lift or opiate warmth was a buzz kill alongside feeling off. I ended up going to bed & slept well with some vivid dreams.

I suspect that I missed my sweet spot, I've seen "less is more" in relation to Kratom whilst doing my research. I possibly didn't wait long enough for the sedation to come on, I had eaten a reasonable large lunch 3 hours before dosing. I suspect the indigestion tarnished the experience too; I'll know to leave a few hours after dosing before eating next time.

*edit* - a review which I missed on the vendors website says it is a very potent strain... probably why I overshot the spot on only 4g.

I feel a slight hangover but I've got a muted afterglow. I'm going to leave it until the weekend & try some Green Malay. I thought that all Kratom strains would have a degree of stimulation & sedation but this didn't seem to be the case with this particular Red Borneo. I know it's a reputable vendor.

At least now I have some experience & will hopefully have a better time at the weekend as a result. I know Kratom can be quite different depending on the person, so want to try a few different types to see if one hits the spot.

Last edited:
So I have had 6 oz of maeng da for about a month now and have yet to use it. I'm a daily Norco user (2 1/2 10/325's two to three times a day) I've been wanting to stay substituting two of my Norco doses with the kratom. Would this be something that would work? Maybe use the kratom in the morning and at lunch and the Norco at night? I feel like I have a good source and good powder. I've just never used it and have no idea where to begin. I don't want to choose the wrong amount and be sick at work. Any advice on the dose or if this is a good idea to substitute

Sounds like it should work well at your tolerance. I'd say 2.5grams and up for no risk that youll be sick at work.

Sounds like me. I've only had to go thru one wd and it only lasted a few days because I hooked up with something to hold me over until my script came in. Sucks!

Well, Kratom's now become my favorite drug besides a variety of psychedelics & Methoxetamine. Maeng Da especially (or Bali if I wanna nod), not only does it feel fucking amazing (I actually prefer it to Opium even) & also have an extremely clear headspace, but I can actually be productive & enjoy doing so on it, quite the opposite of marijuana, plus being on Kratom already makes marijuana like 10x better (same with beer)! Now I just need to watch myself so I don't develop a daily habit, as I don't wanna shoot my tolerance through the roof or experience withdrawal at any point...though honestly even if I did develop a daily habit it would still be doing me less damage than my daily marijuana habit is I imagine, as I can basically function normally on Kratom- or even better than normal as it makes me less awkward and more productive then I am sober or especially stoned.

Sarasota county, FL passed a county ordinance that lumps Kratom together with "bath salts" & "spice/K2" simply because it was being sold next to that crap at gas stations. The law says kratom is a "designer drug" with no medicinal value. There is a petition for the county commission to reconsider, and base their decision on facts rather than ignorance. Even if you don't live in or plan on visiting Sarasota, please take a moment to sign! Or at least read the "reasons for signing" at the bottom. It only needs 500 signatures and is halfway there.

I like that everyone is saying that Kratom makes them so much more functional because even though I've never tried it I am considering trying some because I think it might enhance my life in terms of actually making me more productive if I take it on days when I am feeling depressed or unmotivated to do things cause I've heard it's a mood lifter.

I've been talking to Captain Kratom a lot about it, but I still wanted some opinions from others on here about whether they think even people with very addictive personalities can avoid getting hooked on Kratom??

I have a pretty addictive personality, I mean, I actually have a caffeine problem of all things lol, and have never been able to quit though I want to and I had an issue with weed cause I smoked constantly and it would make me unmotivated but I have heard Kratom, especially stimulating strains, is not like that.

I am worried that I will get addicted to Kratom if I try it but that's the only reason I might not purchase some even though I want to.

I've been told that if I did it more than 2 days a week I might get addicted and that concerns me cause I know if I end up liking it it could be very hard to control myself but I think I’d be able to at least AT FIRST because I’d be too worried about the withdrawals.

I'm concerned though cause being the kind of person I am I could very easily see myself starting off using it 2 days a week and totally loving it, but keeping myself from using more out of fear of addiction, and then one day deciding “you know what, I think just this ONE time I could take it 3 days a week and be fine”. Then I’m imagining that I would, and I’d be fine, and think I could always take it 3 days a week, then before you know it I’m hooked and I can’t get off of the stuff.

I’ve heard CK’s opinion, but I want to hear from others if this is a realistic concern.

I am at a critical point in my life where I really need to start being responsible, and I’m actually not looking for this as just another high, but a way to both motivate myself when feeling down and also have a nice high twice a week.

But being at such an important point in my life I am imagining (maybe falsely?) that the decision to try Kratom will either be VERY bad or VERY good.

I don't know if that's true though, maybe it's just an irrational fear.

I am a VERY indecisive person, so I'd just like to hear other people's opinions on this and whether you think that there are some people who should just stay away from Kratom.

Also, it's important for people to know that I have never used a lot of Opiates.

I have enjoyed some Percocets, Vicodin, Codeine and Opium a bunch of times, but that's it.

I've never done and never will do Heroin or any really hard opiate, so I have no frame of reference in comparison to those who recommend Kratom cause it's "better than strong opiates".

The only drug withdrawal's I have ever experienced are from Caffeine or Weed.

Also, I am wondering: 1) is it Really true that Kratom has no effect on the central nervous system and that you can't get respiratory depression from it? Because I'm on Klonopin and I can't have that because I'd be mixing the two obviously.

2) Does Kratom have calories?

Also, I am on Klonopin and Prozac and would like links to LEGIT sources that state whether or not Kratom is safe to take with Klonopin and Prozac which is what I've been told.

Last edited:
Personally I can get away with avoiding dependence dosing once a day, but I recommend every other or every third; dosing all the time isn't really rewarding so it's good motivation to break dependence if you develop it.

Also oxycodone, hydrocodone, and "opium" highly doubtful you actually got opium, are definitely hard opioids.

1) it does but it also as stimulant chemicals in it so the net effect is kinda neutral but it depends on the batch/strain/extract

Last edited:
Personally I can get away with avoiding dependence dosing once a day, but I recommend every other or every third; dosing all the time isn't really rewarding so it's good motivation to break dependence if you develop it.

Also oxycodone, hydrocodone, and "opium" highly doubtful you actually got opium, are definitely hard opioids.

1) it does but it also as stimulant chemicals in it so the net effect is kinda neutral but it depends on the batch/strain/extract

Wait, so you take it every day and you aren't addicted?

I thought it was too addictive for that.

For hard opiods, I cause I just meant even harder like Heroin and Dilaudid (is that an opiate?).

As far as the opium, I don't know how "real" it was, but we used to smoke it all the time in college and it got us high but it might just have been really weak in comparison to truly good opium.

We did sometimes get even worse stuff which we recognized as fake and called "soapium" lol, but my friends knew their drugs pretty well and thought it was real stuff that we usually got.

However, Captain Kratom said that Kratom does NOT cause CNS depression, so now I will have to find out which one of you is right.

And when you say that it "has stimulant chemicals in it" do you mean ONLY the stimulating green and white strains or are you saying that even the sedating and red veins have stimulants in them that prevent respiratory depression??

Either way, I just want to know that if I use Kratom while on my Klonopin and Prozac (and possibly melatonin at night) that I won't get respiratory depression.

CK said there's nothing to worry about, and I pretty much believe him, but of course I want as many educated opinions as possible before trying it to be sure, especially some good links to solid sources.

I take multiple doses daily and the w/d are a joke honestly. I quit and recommit regularly for tolerance reasons. Huge fan of the Kratom at the moment.

I take multiple doses daily and the w/d are a joke honestly. I quit and recommit regularly for tolerance reasons. Huge fan of the Kratom at the moment.

Well that's good news.

However, I'm going to have to consider you not to be the norm, because so far in reading this thread and elsewhere on here I hear lots of people talking about how hard the withdrawals are for them.

I don't know if they are all dosing multiple times a day or if you just deal with the withdrawals better than most.

But at least it's one vote in the book for trying Kratom.

I still want to hear what as many others as possible have to say though and read some legit sources about it's safety in combination with my meds.

So, for you personally do you feel that Kratom is a much more functional high than Percocet or Vicodin?

Because those don't make me want to do anything but lie on the couch, but I was told that because Kratom is also stimulating and that it lends itself more to helping people function and do work and other important stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.