Big ass speakers - What's the best?

Wait what speakers you got now? I'm a bit wary of doing that with the EQ as I want these to last, and I don't like changing what the songs sound like at all. (I'm a bit of an audiophile).

The acoustics in my room are terrible as well. I got these two speakers on a small desk and I haven't even got them positioned correctly or in-line with my ears. Most bass I've heard is directly to my left where this wall meets the other wall. :\

I picked up some 15in Harbinger Loud Speakers (HP115) and a matching 18in sub (HP118). Y'all were right, definitely don't want monitors for parties and since I've basically given up on production until I get my mixing down, there's really no reason for me to go with something that simply could never match the power you can get out of these.

As far as setting the EQ, it doesn't seem to have changed the sound at all except for giving the low ranges much more power. I listen to mostly bass heavy music anyway, so I probably wouldn't even be able to tell if it was slightly distorted, but the sounds still is crisp and full even at loud volumes. Best way to figure if it will work for you is to adjust it a few different times at different settings with different genres of music playing and find the middle ground where they all sound best.

Last edited:
tarantula amps are loud as hit as long as you have speakers that can hold up to a 20,000 watt amp

Cerwin vega xls-215 speakers + cxa 8 amp are great choise for not so small room.
All frequencies play evenly and the sound quality beats pa-equipment hands down.
Though the finishing and their mobility is quite poor, I'd still choose them.
Good value for €.

Cerwin vega xls-215 speakers + cxa 8 amp are great choise for not so small room.
All frequencies play evenly and the sound quality beats pa-equipment hands down.
Though the finishing and their mobility is quite poor, I'd still choose them.
Good value for €.

Yes sir!!! CV215 and the right amp will explode a room. I"m using a marantz AVR and a CV 2800 amp and can tear down walls if need be. I'd recommend the speakers to anyone at the price point.

Your exactly right. My speakers are 500 watt max and I'm running 900 watts per channel with the CV2800 amp pushing 2 Cerwin Vega XLS 215's. I will tear the house apart if you want. Bass hits so hard the speakers will walk across the carpet and they weigh 120lbs each.

I've got KRK Rokit 6's. Sexy as fuck and nice and crisp; they have a nice grey speaker cone rather than the standard yellow (which I don't like).

Only problem is that they're made with some pretty cheap parts in China, and as per the warnings, one of the speakers has a dodgy capacitor and crackles intermittently. Also, they lack adequate sub for bass synthesis.