View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Long Acting Psychedelics Thread

ShaggyFin

Bluelighter
I noticed that there is a thread about everyone's favorite SHORT trips, but there is no thread to outline what everyone's favorite long lasting trips are. I know of 2, so I will post about them. But please post your own favorite long lasting chem. (Please choose something that last at least 6 hrs, a more topical time would be 12-24 hrs)

Chem: BZ
Subjects alternate between delirium and slumber, experiencing hallucinations similar in character to those produced by datura and belladonna. During periods of wakefulness, subjects are deeply disoriented and often immersed in fugue-like waking dreams. Frank hallucinations are common and are taken in stride by subjects, who typically accept the logic of the bizarre worlds in which they find themselves. If asked for explanations of their bizarre behavior, subjects will frequently give answers that are perfectly logical, assuming that one truly is being harassed by a 4-foot long rabbit.

Physical symptoms also occur, such as dryness of mouth, pupilary dilation, loss of coordination, a feeling of weakness, and blockade of sweat glands.

Onset #

Symptoms become apparent at around one hour, and grow steadily for about 3 more hours. Most subjects enter a stuporous slumber by the fourth hour.

Duration #

BZ primary effects typically last from 60-70 hours.

Chem: Bromo-Dragonfly

Total Duration 12-24 hrs
Onset 20 - 90 mins
Coming Up 30 - 60 mins
Plateau 6 - 12 hrs
After Effects 6 - 36 hrs
Hangover / Day After - - -

NSFW:

EFFECTS LIST #

POSITIVE
◦mood lift
◦visual changes (trails, pattens, etc)
◦increase in energy (stimulation)
◦increased associative thinking
◦ego softening

NEUTRAL
◦decreased appetite
◦visual distortion

NEGATIVE
◦short-term memory scramble or loss & confusion
◦muscle tension
◦unknown risks due to research chemical status

A Bromo-DFLY Experience from Erowid.

I am a small pixie of a girl. at the grand age of 21 I have experimented with different hallucinogenics, such as mushies, and lsd, and pills of many kinds etc. So now a good friend of mine offers me some bromo dragonfly for my weekends festivities... 'warning... takes up to 3 hours to fully kick in... they are very well made.' So a good friend of mine and I went to a mystical festival out in the countryside, couldnt think of a better place to trip.

approx times:
4pm
we take the tabs, one each, whilst sitting on a giant hammock. they taste pretty strong. We drank a beer. we then wonder about for awhile a wondering what will happen later

5pmish
we head back to the van to smoke and eat before eating becomes a challenge... it was about half an hour into eating a never ending cup of mung beans that I realised the van was beginning to shift, that the walls appeared to be breathing ever so slightly. That beer was not such a good idea as I could now feel a headache spreading from the back of my head. At this point I do believe we have a spliff.

6pmish
trip is deffinately kicking in as the sun goes visuals get a little stronger. We head to the woodland to bang on some drums. I remember my amazment as I hit the old water drums and blongs, the vibrations were visible all over the place, like each time I hit it I could feel it, it could feel me. It reverberated outwards and I could see the sound waves. I couldn’t speak very much already at this point, I was just like woooow man… at pretty much everything I looked at. He on the other hand was able to chat away to various folk we bumped into, experience perhaps. We walked over to the stream, people were camping on an island. I think it was at this point that I started to peak.

7pmish
yep peaking
everything looks utterly beautiful. This truly is a very pleasant hallucinogen as things are just wonderful, I feel great, I'm full of positive energy, there is no fear, no negativity. The landscape looks totally lush, the water ripples by, a small bird catches the attention of my eye and I watch it for a time, whilst my friend chats away to some people about something or other. The land seems to ripple and sway with the water, ooh I cant quite focus right now!

We wonder backwards
Things get a little sketchy from here on, as the light began to disappear the visuals grew more intense. The fields were very muddy, and the weather not too good. But this did not make me cold as it normally would in such situations.

I think we went back to the van for awhile to float about, this was when I think I first noticed the moon, it looked so amazing I think I nearly fell over as someone caught me. I stared and stared, wondering how far I could push it, and yes, little by little I saw a very faint face emerge, formed of the cresent moon to the right and venus to the left, the tree line skimming the bottom of the chin. As the stars came out the music got better, in reality it actually got better too! We stayed for a bit where the music was groovy. The trees too were getting interesting, pines, now I always thought that pines kind of vibrated, but this was something different!

So we walked about the festival wowing at things. It seemed different from acid or mushies in that I felt a little distant from everything, like we were not quite there… this has to be one of the down points of this drug. And I felt so calm that words seemed to not be worth saying, that I couldn’t justify what I was thinking and seeing.

Ah yes seeing.
Perhaps it could be the name, but we both agreed that we were seeing the dragonfly. The visuals seemed bluey, greeny with a touch of pink and shimmery, they seemed to be similar to insect wings, and the slight audio desortion complemented this. The most beautiful had to be the stars. The stars were already beautiful where we were, a really clear night, with very little light pollution. But with the dragonfly it was completely ammmaaaaaaaaazing! Words cannot fully describe the true beauty of that night sky. We lay down on the huge hammock and gazed up at the stars we could see for miles into the cosmos. the patterns of the constellations were so very clear, and there just seemed to be way more stars. There were patterns within patterns of triangular and pentagons shapes… (this may have been influenced by my thinking at the time, as I have been looking at the golden section)

Hmmm…
At some point in the night we also saw a fire show, which again was beautiful, and very sexy too, in fact, yeah, I remember getting more and more horny! And these situations I always find tricky, because once I am in that frame of mind whilst tripping everything seems to be some kind of innuendo! And therefore seems more complicated!

I should now mention that this friend was more than a friend! However, we didn’t know each other so well, and nothing came of these feeling of lustfulness L … there will always be a next time!

Oh yeah. We played with glowsticks. Which was a lot of fun. They looked so cool. If I span one up in the air above my head it looked as though I could control the cosmos with my very finger.

Fire was also very nice
And woodland
Mud not so much

We smoked a few spliffs here and there, not that it made any difference.

Sleeping now, that was the worst bit. And physically impossible. And I wished I took a valli too! But I didn’t and so spent most of the night annoying my other half and walking about. In fact I remember something not so good, as he was falling asleep I got really sad, I felt like I was being left behind some place. All very silly.

So I shut my eyes and spoke to various things, and I learnt something, someone spoke to me and she was blue and beautiful, something I hadn’t realised for a long while, “don’t be anyone else,” “don’t run away anymore, you don’t need to run away… its all here”

I loved the dragonfly and she loved me. But I wont be doing it again in a hurry.
I have 2 tabs left. And I shall save them for a sunny day sometime in the future.

So yes. It lasted a total of about 24hrs, although I am not sure as after this sort of time we smoked some wonderful hash and other things and I fell into a deep sleep all the way home… in the way of the gear stick.

And my good friend, well he thought they were ok in bits but called it drag-on fly!

Last edited:
BZ isn't a favorite of yours though is it? Have you even tried it? I think the army experimented with it and it doesn't sound like it is any fun at all plus it can be dangerous in different ways. Not to mention that extremely long duration.

Bromo-DragonFLY, have you tried that? It does sound interesting to me but I don't know if I have enough of it to titrate a dose safely and if I will ever want to take the time to do that. Because with the danger of vasoconstriction and other OD effects I sure as well won't just randomly eat a hit.

The longest trip I have had apart from doing a general drug weekend marathon was DOB and while it was interesting, I didn't really enjoy myself. I felt super rational (something I am already sober but now I was even more similar to a robot / android), even though everyone around me was partying during a local holiday I could only interest myself in the technical workings of things I saw. Everything was engineering blueprints.
The duration was pretty lame IMO, because most of the second half was just residual stimulation and it did not really seem worth it. I smoked a lot of weed to kill time and keep myself chilled out.

Even DOC or DOM which I am more interested in than my DOI, are low on my list.

Mescaline on the other hand, also has a duration of about 12-16+ hours but most of that is actually valuable unlike with DOB. So the TMA's and other mescaline analogues I have lying around are actually of more interest and relevance for me to try.

For now, this thread isn't 'big' yet... and I am looking forward to the dandy part as well : P
Officialized tho.

BZ isn't a favorite of yours though is it? Have you even tried it?

Nope. Just always wanted to try it and read about it since I was like 14.

I like that the "long trip" thread is "small and handy" lol :D

The longest trip I have had apart from doing a general drug weekend marathon was DOB and while it was interesting, I didn't really enjoy myself. I felt super rational (something I am already sober but now I was even more similar to a robot / android), even though everyone around me was partying during a local holiday I could only interest myself in the technical workings of things I saw. Everything was engineering blueprints.
The duration was pretty lame IMO, because most of the second half was just residual stimulation and it did not really seem worth it. I smoked a lot of weed to kill time and keep myself chilled out.

Even DOC or DOM which I am more interested in than my DOI, are low on my list.

Mescaline on the other hand, also has a duration of about 12-16+ hours but most of that is actually valuable unlike with DOB. So the TMA's and other mescaline analogues I have lying around are actually of more interest and relevance for me to try.

I've never tried any of these. I think mescaline would be great though. I've been looking into stuff like Escaline and Methylescaline and Allyescaline. Does anyone know of these last as long as mescaline. From what I read about them it seems like they are less visual and more about head space, is this true?

The OP has been registered for less than three days and started 31 (thirty-one) threads thus far. ofc, almost all of them are lolbad. but this one could be somewhat interesting. every dog has its day i guess...

They are all somewhat interesting unless you're just trolling me. Then they are still interesting for you, just in a different way.

Last edited by a moderator:
BZ seems pretty hardcore..

I enjoy 2C-P (5-15mg), 2C-T4 (15mg), aMT(5-30mg) and 5MeOaMT (1-5mg).

BZ seems pretty hardcore..

I enjoy 2C-P (5-15mg), 2C-T4 (15mg), aMT(5-30mg) and 5MeOaMT (1-5mg).

Can you give a little more info on the length of the experiences. And maybe some general effects? I have never tried any of those...

Bromo-DFLY report from Erowid:

NSFW:

Well, during the summer of 2006 my friend came to visit and with him came three blotters of bromo-Dragonfly. We would each take one and I saved the third for later. I hadn't heard of dragonfly before that point. My friend, who had taken it once at that point, described it as a subtle, prolonged acid trip and I was interested. In retrospect, that description isn't exactly misleading but is wanting. In my experience, it is definitely subtle, none of the potential of unrestricted fiery projection acid offers, at least at this dosage level, it is certainly a more contemplative substance and it doesn't seem to directly threaten ego in any way but may make one more sensitive to latent perceived threats. I would like to give you exacting measures of time but given that these experiences were over two years ago (and as if I was payin attention to the clock), this will be an estimated reconstruction.

Approx. 11:00am: We started walking and dropped the blotters. I wish I knew the actual dosage but I had no means of judging. The taste was a little bitter but not off-putting. He said it would take a while to come up, so we went to an Indian restaurant. I was fine and enjoyed the meal but my friend towards the end of the meal developed minor nausea and wished he hadn't eaten, but he felt fine shortly later.

Approx. 12:30pm: We got on the El and went downtown (Chicago). My friend being from Milwaukee, I thought I'd show him some of the city and get lost for the day. First signs appearing; lucidity of thought and unrestricted free association, both in thought and speech.

Approx. 1:00pm: Well we're definitely tripping now, a plus 2. The next few hours are spent walking around and watching people downtown. The primary observed effect upon me from this time until it finished was a heightened awareness of the states and perspectives of everyone we met. It was very easy to acutely hold the perspective of the other. In fact it was done fluidly and without effort. This was quite exceptional, being as we were in a stream of people. On this level it was great but simultaneously this forced us to engage the physiological milieu of rampant egoic modern materialism, consumption and the world of surfaces (especially along Michigan ave. north of the river). Groups of superficial women all talking to each other at once, no one listening. I became suspicious of people wearing sunglasses (for the sake of fashion not sun avoidance). Why were they afraid of revealing their eyes? What were they afraid people would see in them? I knew the answer at the moment of questioning, but had not considered this before that point. This and other observations of the infantile nature of American society filled the early afternoon. We felt sufficiently dissociated to take this light-heartedly.

The day was HOT. Good thing my friend brought a Nalgene with him, we drank from and refilled it lustfully. We laughed about the 'cool breezes from the inside' for a while, as we walked past open store doors spilling conditioned air. It felt great in the heat, but fit with our dystopia observations all too well.

We met a couple kids selling crappy home made hip-hop CDs over stolen beats as a cover for selling herb during this time. So, why not, I bought some ghetto green, for later. We also met a schizophrenic man dressed in a strange shiny green suit with a shiny orange tie on a bridge over the river yelling nonsense to people in tour boats. So we joined him in his efforts for a minute. We referred to him as 'the leprechaun' from then on. As an aside, I recently saw him on television in a crowd outside the window of a local news broadcast which was a nice surprise.

Approx. 3:30pm: We headed north to around Wrigleyville and continued our inane meandering walk. This period was certainly the height of the pyschoactivity. I felt entirely free from the restrictions of the waves of finite consciousness and was yet completely capable of entering into and operating within my normal relativistic structure to engage with everything arising moment to moment. During this time we met a devotee of Krishna trying to sell books on the street. I said to him simply 'I have no money for you'. I observed that in someway my projection had just undercut his mental seeking structure of that moment and he was left in a state of burgeoning recognition of the space I was occupying. We shared an interesting little/big moment. Thats all there was to that, but it sure was cool. I hope I'm not confusing reality with my own projections here too much, I really don't think I am, and that was roughly my perception of the moment.

Approx. 5:30: We walked over to the lake, stared at the waves, clouds, boats, tall buildings, enjoying a very comfortable peace for a few hours. This was probably the best period of the trip for me, being very observant of everything we came in contact with and talking over subtleties of our experience and the objects arising in our awareness. we hung out in a tree in a kinda small fenced off migratory bird sanctuary. Over all very peaceful and contented.

Approx. 8:30 As the sun dropped we were chillin in an empty golf course right near the lake and I rolled a spliff with the recently acquired herb. We were mostly down at this point (though we never really took off). It turned out to be a fairly heavily indica strain, as alot of the ghetto MJ tends to be. Smoking turned out not to have been the best idea as it caused a little more dissociation and a little social anxiety for me (not so much for my friend) because I just wanted to chill and my friend wanted to keep talkin shit and fixated on watching other people. Plus later on the El he was speaking of the people he saw in abstract generalizations a little to loudly, which many people don't take to kindly to. Maybe I was just being a little too self-conscious. Not a bad thing in and of itself, but was a little unpleasant on the El riding back downtown.

That was about it for my first experience with bromo-dragonfly as I couldn't distinguish any remaining effects from the marijuana. This is an interesting substance. Many people report disappointment with it which is understandable if they're looking for something wild or really out there. It's certainly subtle at the dosage levels I've taken in terms of visuals or forced emotional/psychological energy, but for me it allowed a certain lucidity to my egoic perspectives. I wouldn't get caught in either my frontal individuated ego, or my more primordial base awareness. There seemed to be an increased synergy between them.

My second (and last so far) trip on bromo-dragonfly, which I shall briefly cover, was a solo trip and it was a kind of a spur of the moment decision. In retrospect I brought to it a certain dissatisfaction that I couldn't shake and still can't define. The bulk of the trip wasn't the particularly interesting part. Near the end as I was coming down, my body and mind felt achy and polluted, for the lack of a better word. I was in my bathtub to try and ease my situation. I had what I can only describe as a minor satori, and emerging from that I was left with a solid conceptual understanding of the unity of the infinite absolute and the finite relative. It was all too simple. Also, all of the bodily tension I had been harboring was washed clean. It was by no means the most 'enlightening' experience I've had. I would describe it as almost an after shock to a major satori experience that reshaped my life about a year and a half prior to this experience, but it left me with a wonderful framework with which to communicate and conceptualize the territory I had stepped into. I wouldn't say that these were the effects of bromo-dragonfly, but like most entheogen-induced realizations seem to me to be, it acted as a catalyst for energies ready to be released.

Afterwards, in a very elated state of mind, I also stumbled into a brief out-of-body experience in which I was a wolf in a snow covered wilderness, the alpha male of a pack. Most of the experience was spent running with my pack and then hanging out in a den with puppies. The lasting message I received was about the love I was receiving from the other members of the pack, and the direct correlation it had to the suffering I carried for them.

So this basically surmises my limited experience with bromo-dragonfly. I'm happy to add it to the record. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't post this here, we have a trip reports section for it. If everyone would just post their trip reports in threads that are remotely relevant this whole forum would become a disaster. :\

That said, thanks for taking the time to write a report.

Please don't post this here, we have a trip reports section for it. If everyone would just post their trip reports in threads that are remotely relevant this whole forum would become a disaster. :\

That said, thanks for taking the time to write a report.

It wasn't a personal trip, so I didn't think I should post it in the TR section, I was just trying to add to the info about the chems listed here already. But I see your point.

Going to be trying 25I-NBOMe and 25I-NBOH soon. From what I've heard BOTH of those should be pretty long lasting. And combined, maybe even longer? So if those are both fun and long I'll let everyone know here :D

2c-p shoots far over 12 hours
tma-6 does it 14-16 hours
DOC will also burn more than 14 hours

NBOMes are not long acting actually 4-8 hours most of them

2c-p shoots far over 12 hours
tma-6 does it 14-16 hours
DOC will also burn more than 14 hours

NBOMes are not long acting actually 4-8 hours most of them

Nice additions. I thought the 25I's would be like 6-8 guaranteed. But I guess 4 is long enough, definitely not as long as I expected.

i dont know what your intention was, but "long acting" psyches and the expectation that 4 hours is long??

4 hours trips are pretty much the definition of a SHORT trip. and by LONG i mean you will walk around asking yourself why you took that substance after 16 hours with no end in sight-long ;)

i dont know what your intention was, but "long acting" psyches and the expectation that 4 hours is long??

4 hours trips are pretty much the definition of a SHORT trip. and by LONG i mean you will walk around asking yourself why you took that substance after 16 hours with no end in sight-long ;)

I wasn't EXPECTING 4 hrs, YOU told me it would possibly last 4 hrs, that's the only reason I mentioned that time frame, duh.

Can you give a little more info on the length of the experiences. And maybe some general effects? I have never tried any of those...

For me:

+/-8mg 2C-P lasts 18hours. "alien", dreamy, visual, emotional
30mg aMT lasts about 15hours, but the comedown/afterglow may extend beyond this. Very attractive, it feels like i'm a better version of me when I'm on it. Music sounds better, empathogenesis, confidence, ..
16mg 2C-T4 lasts 15-16hours, lots of emotional, therapeutic quality.

For me:

+/-8mg 2C-P lasts 18hours. "alien", dreamy, visual, emotional
30mg aMT lasts about 15hours, but the comedown/afterglow may extend beyond this. Very attractive, it feels like i'm a better version of me when I'm on it. Music sounds better, empathogenesis, confidence, ..
16mg 2C-T4 lasts 15-16hours, lots of emotional, therapeutic quality.

I have NEVER done anything anyone is mentioning, lol.

I've tried a few longer lived psyches. DOC is hands down my favorite in that arena, followed by 2c-p. DOI was pretty cool, but 36hrs is too long. Allylescaline is pretty cool & novel, but subtle, not really a mind blower.

personally, for unknown reasons, the dimethoxy-X-amphetamines are INCREDIBLY long-lasting, w/ moderate doses having stretched into the 24+ hours mark. i understand that the DOx compounds are omnipotent and as such naturally long-lasting, but when others are approaching baseline, i'm likely still +2. i have a rapid metabolism; though i believe the reasoning for this is purely neurological. in any event, it has made for some uncomfortably-long, straining experiences, many culminating in uncontrollable laughter while i drawl "lord help us - when will it end? get this demon out of me!"

these days, in my mental fragility, it's difficult to find the time for these lengthy experiences. if i feel as though i'm due for some introspection, i opt instead for one of the 2C-xx compounds, which ensure the possibility of productivity the following day(s), whereas w/ DOB/C/I/M it's wisest to clear my schedule for (@ very minimal) the following day.

You aren't likely to, either; they're all illegal in the US

Lol. I'm not always in the US :p

I've tried a few longer lived psyches. DOC is hands down my favorite in that arena, followed by 2c-p. DOI was pretty cool, but 36hrs is too long. Allylescaline is pretty cool & novel, but subtle, not really a mind blower.

Holy Shit. 36 hrs would be insane.