• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Long Acting Psychedelics Thread

what i remember from the erowid effects profile of bz are words like: terror, panic, horror etc :D
have fun !

what i remember from the erowid effects profile of bz are words like: terror, panic, horror etc :D
have fun !

I remember words like:

Confused Delerium, Dream like state (Feels like subjects are being "wisped/teleported" from one scenario/location to the next instead of actually feeling like they walked there), and stuff like that :D

AFAIK the experiments with BZ were the inspiration for the film Jacob's Ladder. While that's all heavily fictionalised, the effects of actual BZ sound like hell. I'd rather eat my own testicles than try that stuff.

More on topic though I haven't tried a really long lasting trip. The longest trips I've had were acid and aMT. Just about long enough for my taste but I do enjoy a long trip and am interested to hear about longer ones... hmm. Bromo has always intrigued me but like other people I'm very wary of its danger factor.

Bromo was always like a secret RC when I was younger, hardly spoken of. Then I stop taking RCs for a few years, come back, and all of you have horror stories about it.

LSD is the best long acting psych I've found. Getting past the 11th hour can get difficult. I've seen just as many people have a hard time with that as while mid peak. DOC is really nice too. It's the only psych I've been able to go to sleep on, after about 10 hours, then wake up still tripping. I was still feeling it way into the next day. 2c-i will last 10-12 hours for me. I've found it beautiful and useful.

For the record, I usually prefer shorter (6-8 hour) trips, due to my busy schedule. But when I can find the time, the long lasters are marvelous.

Oh, the subject of BZ has entertained me ever since I first heard of it care of Jacob's Ladder. I've never tried it, but have for years read everything I could find about it. Here's a neat one that's related to it...

EA3167: Allegedly a 5-10 day trip??? Really? My question would be can there really be that much variance?

The entire subject of government experiments and especially the EA/JB series fascinate me.

Oh, the subject of BZ has entertained me ever since I first heard of it care of Jacob's Ladder. I've never tried it, but have for years read everything I could find about it. Here's a neat one that's related to it...

EA3167: Allegedly a 5-10 day trip??? Really? My question would be can there really be that much variance?

The entire subject of government experiments and especially the EA/JB series fascinate me.

I've only heard of 3 day trips. But I have also only heard of a few trials being done on an Air Force base with NO other research ever being done on the drug. Maybe I am wrong about that too though, I have no idea.

I'd have to go searching for specifics, but off the top of my head I know edgewood and holmesburg (sp?) prison in PA subcontracted through edgewood did experiments with BZ and related chemicals. At Holmesburg under the direction of the dermatologist Albert Kligman. All such experiments I believe were distantly sorta' supervised by James S. Ketchum. The Holmesberg experiments are detailed in the book Acres Of Skin by Allen Hornblum. This is all I recall without doing a bit more rereading on the subject which I can't do right now.

This book briefly mentions a couple chemicals with a duration like that. I suspect EA3167 is one of them as the wikipedia page for it gives a 120-240 hour duration I believe. I think another with a particularly long duration was EA3443 and then of course there's stuff like Ditran/Ditran B. Lots of interesting reading on the subject to be found. I believe Ketchum has a book on the subject of the long duration anticholinergics too and since he ran a large part of the program there are papers to be found attributed to him.

This book briefly mentions a couple chemicals with a duration like that. I suspect EA3167 is one of them as the wikipedia page for it gives a 120-240 hour duration I believe. I think another with a particularly long duration was EA3443 and then of course there's stuff like Ditran/Ditran B. Lots of interesting reading on the subject to be found. I believe Ketchum has a book on the subject of the long duration anticholinergics too and since he ran a large part of the program there are papers to be found attributed to him.

I definitely want to read about these :D

LSD and DOC are both very nice, and long acting. I'm going to try AMT soon...

Bromo has always intrigued me but like other people I'm very wary of its danger factor.

and for good reason! bromo-dragonFLY has too thin a margin for error - the remarkable vasoconstriction it causes makes it exceptionally dangerous; far too much so for your casual/recreational user - as evidenced by the infamous 2009 2C-B FLY mixup via haupt-RC. the dosage between the compounds varies so greatly, that doses of just a few milligrams often prove toxic and/or fatal). omnipotent material like BDF should ONLY be handled by knowledgeable individuals w/ proper dosing equipment. its' contingency is far too large to warrant experimentation - for that reason alone i am contented by its' inavailability (except for in select circles).

by comparison, even superpotent substituted amphetamines like the DOx series have a MUCH more dependable safety profile, w/ similar durations of action. there is also an entire catalog of 2C-class compounds that are more forgiving than BDF - so why take the risk?

BZ; I can understand the fascination but bugger actually taking it; if you're serious you can attain some of it's dubious delights easily and legally with Datura or atropine

Long lasters I have tried;

a-MT; very psychedelic at high dose; whacked and lethargic and rather hollow for me; feels a bit unhealthy
5MeO-aMT; had nearly forgotten this muck; certainly psychedelic; massively mistrusted this stuff and my ability to weigh it
2C-P; high psychedelia
2CT-4; subtle but fine and rarefied psychedelic
Ibogaine; very honoured to have tried this rare compound; even at a low dose one can see it is non recreational and impressive

There is a lot of resistance to long lasting entheogens; I can understand this of course; they are tiring and impractical.
At the same time I feel this is perhaps misguided; I think (without going to the bother to find reference) that Shulgin stated he thought many long lasting compounds essentially worthwhile; Whilst I am less inclined to commit to a longer experience, if the compound is generally pleasant or profound or useful this extra time doesn't seem to my mind to be something to avoid; I would ideally suggest arranging time and commitments and other items around any even the shortest trip for best results

Last edited by a moderator:
Psychedelics (or deliriants) that have effects that last +24 hours

What are some psychedelics that have effects lasting for more than 24 hours? The only one I can think of is datura.

Lol coincidence. Just posted a thread relating to long lasting highs. Research nutmeg it lasts 24 hours up to like 3 days.
P.S. In case you didnt knoe nutmeg is classified as a physchedelic and delierient in high doses.

DOx chemicals, BromoDragonFLY, 2C-G-5, some people report long duration AMT trips.

And that is why I'll probably never try a DOx. I don't like the idea of being "stuck" in a trip for so long. If it goes sour, that would be like an eternity of hell!

And that is why I'll probably never try a DOx. I don't like the idea of being "stuck" in a trip for so long. If it goes sour, that would be like an eternity of hell!

Well with the mindset of being stuck you probably wouldn't enjoy it..

But they can be quite enjoyable I've had several enlightening experiences on DOI and DOM.

DOC trips for me are only lengthy when using large doses. 2.5mg proved to be much shorter than I expected and was able to sleep at the twelfth hour. Still, to each their own and ymmv.

1.5mg lasts about 14 hours for me. Pushed it up to 2mg once, seemed a little longer. I dunno about the other DOxx chemicals but DOC is sublime! Even though it lasts a bloody long time it doesn't feel exhausting & I've enjoyed it every time. LSD on the other hand has been difficult to at least some degree every time I've taken it. I havent noticed any hangover other than tiredness after using DOC, acid gives me grim, moody, miserable hangovers.

DOC is the longest acting Psychedelic I've sampled & about 18 hours was my longest ride. Havent quite made the 24 hours trip, yet.