• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Alcoholism Discussion Thread Version 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I just checked again, last message from you was last week
Idk, bud, I have a difficult time posting in the PMs cause I always think I'm gonna post in the room or something...As you know I was doing good for like 11 days(dont even know now, the last week was a blur dude) I just had a beer this morning trying to get rid of this accumulated hangover...didnt help. Plus I smoked pot yesterday thinking that it will lessen the WDs (I swear I get WDs from just a six pack[if you consider real acute anxiety aWD])...wierd. The whole time I was high I was still thinking about getting drunk. My g/f took my wallet to work with her today so I don't bounce anymore shit at the bank... Too fucking sick to do shit today...Idk, maybe meetings are in order.LOL! The problem with that is by the time I feel good enough to go to meetings, thats when I forget why I should go in the first place. And at that point, drinking seems like alot more fun than a meeting.
Thanks man.
Later.

Idk, bud, I have a difficult time posting in the PMs cause I always think I'm gonna post in the room or something...As you know I was doing good for like 11 days(dont even know now, the last week was a blur dude) I just had a beer this morning trying to get rid of this accumulated hangover...didnt help. Plus I smoked pot yesterday thinking that it will lessen the WDs (I swear I get WDs from just a six pack[if you consider real acute anxiety aWD])...wierd. The whole time I was high I was still thinking about getting drunk. My g/f took my wallet to work with her today so I don't bounce anymore shit at the bank... Too fucking sick to do shit today...Idk, maybe meetings are in order.LOL! The problem with that is by the time I feel good enough to go to meetings, thats when I forget why I should go in the first place. And at that point, drinking seems like alot more fun than a meeting.
Thanks man.
Later.

In my experience, once you start regularly using opiates and alcohol together, it becomes difficult to use either alone. Just like many start to prefer using coke on top and/or benzos.

Please be careful, you sound like you are on quiet the run. As for bouncing money, this last time out was the first time I started doing that. I am still paying it back, it didn't get too bad but I'd be like "oh, I will pay this bill on overdraft so I can save this cash for blah blah blah".

Anyways I am going to be busy at work today. Have a good one. And a small amount of alcohol sends me into withdrawal nowadays. I just hardly noticed it because I would drink.

"The problem with that is by the time I feel good enough to go to meetings, thats when I forget why I should go in the first place. And at that point, drinking seems like alot more fun than a meeting."

I was like that for a long long time. I just like being sober more then using right now. I will be challenged at certain points I know. Hell, I convinced myself I had my shit together at a 1.5 years, I lasted about 2 weeks of "controlled drinking" then it was back on.

Still clean and serene! Went to a great NA meeting. Like last time I am quickly finding myself more attracted to NA over AA, however, I am not going to make any rash decisions.

My sponsor isn't the greatest with contact (I do check in daily). However, I think I would be in major trouble if I didn't have the last experience/previous practice at being clean wasn't there. So anyways, I am thinking about it.

Had an amazing experience at a Bahai temple today. Kinda went on a whim and found out it was a major international festival. I felt so damn good after that. Yes, I was buzzing/glowing.

Still clean and serene! Went to a great NA meeting. Like last time I am quickly finding myself more attracted to NA over AA, however, I am not going to make any rash decisions.

My sponsor isn't the greatest with contact (I do check in daily). However, I think I would be in major trouble if I didn't have the last experience/previous practice at being clean wasn't there. So anyways, I am thinking about it.

Had an amazing experience at a Bahai temple today. Kinda went on a whim and found out it was a major international festival. I felt so damn good after that. Yes, I was buzzing/glowing.
Bahai seems awaesome dude, always wanted to go in there....Congrats, man. What was the international festival? It's a church of all religions right? I've been trying to moderate my drinking but to no avail. Every morning I wake needing a drink, like I'm gonna swallow my tongue..It reminds me of like a parrott with the toung hanging out....Fucking alcohol sucks...Maybe not if you can handle it but for me its a poison that I love to hate...
Take care man.
Buzzing/glowing I wish dude. Everyday I wake up feeling like a poisoned rat and the antidode is more booze...

Card declined ^^^^ ?

Since you want to know...about my financial state of affairs. No, the card is not "declined"(but it's low) LOL! my g/f took my wallet so it won't be declined. I have not bullshitted anybody on this forum yet, even if its' to answer a question like this to somebody I don't even know.
Send 1000 cc vodka STAT...

I'm worried of the wds I'll have coming off a 5th a day habit for 16 months straight
A 5th is a considerable amount man and it may take you a little bit of time to find your bearings and to reestablish your sleep pattern but it's very doable with minimum withdrawls. My wds have always been anxiety not really the shakes. The first 2-3 days are the worst. But you better have a plan for what you are going to do with your alcohol-free freedom man.
Peace.

DWE: Were you drinking a lot before this? I am not trying to scare you but the WDs from that would be significant for me. To the point where I would have to see a doctor.

^
Do a hospital detox. Safer and more comfortable than the detoxes I've seen other facilities do. Best of luck

I've always drank but it's been everyday hardcore for 16 months now

I urge you to check in with a Doc at the very least. Alcohol WD can be so incapacitating that you might quickly reach a point where you physically cannot go to a Doctor or are so confused that you do not know what to do.

I have to admit, I could not do a 5th a day for 16 months. That is pretty heavy use. Are you using other things as well? Benzos? What about any prescribed meds?

People die from this shit, I seized once. Its not fun. I had to detox in the hospital after that. Please head our advice. We are not Doctors here. We cannot give medical advice beyond "see a professional".

I will say it one more time (not attacking you): Alcohol withdrawal is no joke. It kills people.

Oh yeah, Bahai believes that all religion comes from same source. I like it overall, but disagree with some of its teachings. I am planning on meeting up with the local community. You can associate as a non-Bahai and are included in most activities.

Ya ima check with the hospital or see a dr for some benzos

I use opiates moderately kratom and oxy and methadone

Ya ima check with the hospital or see a dr for some benzos

I use opiates moderately kratom and oxy and methadone

No benzo use currently or anything?

Glad to hear you are going to see a medical professional.

I am clean today, 21 days! Charing a meeting next month. Switched from an AA to NA sponsor though, I've always liked NA better. Hit up a meeting earlier today already.

Things are improving. I have been setting daily limits for myself and sticking to them. I feel more positive and alert most days now.

No benzo use currently or anything?

Glad to hear you are going to see a medical professional.

I am clean today, 21 days! Charing a meeting next month. Switched from an AA to NA sponsor though, I've always liked NA better. Hit up a meeting earlier today already.

Congrats on your 21 days man! I remember whan we first started talking it was like 7 days or something.
How do you switch a sponsor? When I had a sponsor (before he vanished off the planet) he was like my friend...I would feel like I'm telling my friend "I don't want to be friends anymore".
Later man,
Take care.

Congrats on your 21 days man! I remember whan we first started talking it was like 7 days or something.
How do you switch a sponsor? When I had a sponsor (before he vanished off the planet) he was like my friend...I would feel like I'm telling my friend "I don't want to be friends anymore".
Later man,
Take care.

Well I do want to point out this one thing to you:

I remember the story about your sponsor. Did he act like a "friend" that day?

Anyways I Said:

"I have thought about this for a week, and I know the NA lit better, the program better and feel more comfortable there. Thank you, you helped keep me clean. Can I still call you?" He said yes and said no hard feelings, you help keep me sober, and I gave him a call tonight after I met with my new sponsor (who I ended up spending close to 2 hours with).

Was I nervous? Kinda. I absolutely hate the feeling that I possibly even slightly hurt someones feelings. However, my recovery comes above all else. If I want to recover I have to do things that are unpleasant sounding (which often turn out not to be bad) and "step out of my comfort zone". My current sponsor gets 30 years next week. Is closer to my educational level (he has his grad degree, I am getting mine) and just feels like he "gets it". I feel much more secure in my recovery now because I know my sponsor has multi-decade success and is just so fucking grounded its unreal.

My previous sponsor very likely felt relieved himself. It was obvious he was slightly in over his head with me and he has a ton of shit going on.

Recovery First Always, All Else Later.

Anyways I gave myself an extra day, its 21 days tomorrow. I was taking methadone for a few days before I stopped and it was still very much in my system the day after. Just a personal thing. And I smoked a bowl of weed that day before I decided enough was enough.

Last edited:
^^^So you stopped methadone AND alcohol? That's a feat man. I never actually had methadone script., but used to get them from a guy that sold dope(when he was out) and it used to make me puke real bad with no positive effects. And I would feel like shit for days afterwards.
But it seems like lately I'm like a vampire for alcohol...Like I think I told you before I spent pretty much all of my $ on a lawyer on that pos. charge.
Now I'm like fighting with my g/f for beer money everyday...I hate when I go on these cycles.
It's like other people I tell this to are like "Just get over it"...But for me it's diff. I have to come to grips with the fact I can't touch this shit...But it seems like such a big part of my life.
Once I start drinking, I put that shit above everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.