• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Alcoholism Discussion Thread Version 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF?! DWE is on "temporary ban"?! Damn! I bet he's REALLY banging his head on the keyboard!!! LOL!
Shit...I better not laugh...might be next...with my pleasant demeanor... 0.o HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

^^^So you stopped methadone AND alcohol? That's a feat man. I never actually had methadone script., but used to get them from a guy that sold dope(when he was out) and it used to make me puke real bad with no positive effects. And I would feel like shit for days afterwards.
But it seems like lately I'm like a vampire for alcohol...Like I think I told you before I spent pretty much all of my $ on a lawyer on that pos. charge.
Now I'm like fighting with my g/f for beer money everyday...I hate when I go on these cycles.
It's like other people I tell this to are like "Just get over it"...But for me it's diff. I have to come to grips with the fact I can't touch this shit...But it seems like such a big part of my life.
Once I start drinking, I put that shit above everything...

Only used the Done for a week, was trying to get high on it.

It's like other people I tell this to are like "Just get over it"...But for me it's diff. I have to come to grips with the fact I can't touch this shit...But it seems like such a big part of my life.

We learned that we cannot live with drugs, and cannot live without them.

Need to find a new way to live. Its only going to get worse. I cycled for a good 7 years and this was when I was actively trying to fight and manage my addiction. I kept doing it over and over again and got shittier and shittier results. It was insane.

Gonna be blunt: You could very well die if you keep at this.

Ask yourself "What am I gaining from my use? What is good about it? What benefit does it provide?"

Is the "high" even working anymore? Do you really feel any relief from it?

Only used the Done for a week, was trying to get high on it.

We learned that we cannot live with drugs, and cannot live without them.

Need to find a new way to live. Its only going to get worse. I cycled for a good 7 years and this was when I was actively trying to fight and manage my addiction. I kept doing it over and over again and got shittier and shittier results. It was insane.

Gonna be blunt: You could very well die if you keep at this.

Ask yourself "What am I gaining from my use? What is good about it? What benefit does it provide?"

Is the "high" even working anymore? Do you really feel any relief from it?

The answer is a "no" to every question. But my question is what am I gonna do without it? That's my dilema that always brings me back to using. Like how am I gonna handle certain social situations, celebrations, gain, loss...you know?
Later bud.

Still doing good. Clean. Went to a meeting last night and damn some of these kids were young. I felt like an old fart!

"We are not responsible for our diseases, we are responsible for our recovery"

Day 1. no alcohol. This is bullshit!!

Do you have someone checking in on you at least? I know I don't have to tell you all the warnings about alcohol WD. Any emergency meds?

What about comfort meds, supps? How have you eaten recently?

Don't try to feel forced into answering these questions. I am merely asking to get you to think.

Obviously (and again you know this) it is best to go see a Doctor. If you feel like you are about to have a seizure do not take it lightly. Most seizures do not come till later though.

Anyways, I am going to go do some step work at a nearby park but I will try to check back before the Hawks game starts.

Also, of course I am gonna suggest NA/AA/SMART after you feel better. Shit, go if you feel up to it tonight. Just get the shit out there. Maybe this is the moment that you decide enough is enough (I will say a prayer for you, don't worry I am not some type of Jesus Freak, I am not even a Christian).

www.intherooms.com Get an account here for video meetings (if you want too of course, no pressure)

Last edited:
Do you have someone checking in on you at least? I know I don't have to tell you all the warnings about alcohol WD. Any emergency meds?

What about comfort meds, supps? How have you eaten recently?

Don't try to feel forced to answering these questions. I am merely asking to get you to think.

Obviously (and again you know this) is to go see a Doctor. If you feel like you are about to have a seizure do not take it lightly. Most seizures do not come till later though.

Anyways, I am going to go do some step work at a nearby park but I will try to check back before the Hawks game starts.

Also, of course I am gonna suggest NA/AA/SMART after you feel better. Shit, go if you feel up to it tonight. Just get the shit out there. Maybe this is the moment that you decide enough is enough (I will say a prayer for you, don't worry I am not some type of Jesus Freak, I am not even a Christian).

www.intherooms.com Get an account here for video meetings (if you want too of course, no pressure)

Quoted, bolded and underlines for importance. I know quite a few people who never had a seizure until more then a week without alcohol, and at least a few who had seizures at over two weeks without alcohol. I don't have much personal experience because I was never alcohol or benzo dependent but from what I've heard it is certainly smart to be weary of seizures for at least few weeks after quitting.

I personally had a seizure 4 or 5 days after drying out. It was also the first day I decided to take my Wellbutrin again.

I just now felt safe to start my Wellbutrin back up at 3 weeks and I was nowhere near as physically dependent this time (psychologically and emotionally more so though). I also used opiates for about a week before I stopped and was smoking heavily so my drinking wasn't bad (it would have ramped up big time) if I had kept going. I know that.

The answer is a "no" to every question. But my question is what am I gonna do without it? That's my dilema that always brings me back to using. Like how am I gonna handle certain social situations, celebrations, gain, loss...you know?
Later bud.

Well it takes time and practice. I wouldn't worry about that stuff now though. The first action to take is to not use or drink. In your situation, it is likely a question of: Am I in physical danger right now because of detox.

Do you really want to quit all the way to your core: If the answer is yes, then you are ready to start learning.

Edit: To be clear, the seizure happened a few years ago. Almost killed me, scared me clean for about a year and then I was "okay". Boy was I wrong. I have to address this with my family later as it obviously impacted them greatly.

Last edited:
I personally had a seizure 4 or 5 days after drying out. It was also the first day I decided to take my Wellbutrin again.

I just now felt safe to start my Wellbutrin back up at 3 weeks and I was nowhere near as physically dependent this time (psychologically and emotionally more so though). I also used opiates for about a week before I stopped and was smoking heavily so my drinking wasn't bad (it would have ramped up big time) if I had kept going. I know that.
Thanks for the concern and the info Phactor. Went all day today...it sucks.Hands are kind of shaking but that's the worst of it I think. I personally have never had a seisure myself but I have felt like I was gagging on my own tongue more than afew times(maybe that sensation is only familiar to me[kind of like you can't swallow]) Yeah, you mentioned antidepressants and holy shit, did I have an episode with those the other night. I'll make it short. I was hammered, took two Zyprexas, cause they usually put me to sleep(I'm not like a regular drunk that passes out[Im looking to go score]) anyway, I literally could not walk...I mean like bouncing off the walls shit!(and I usually dont wobble when I'm drunk) Fell down basement stairs! LOL!...kind of not funny but whatever. Never had something like that happen before!! Slept for 12 hours, which is like 3 times the norm for me.
So yeah, I found out the hard way antidepressants and alcohol DO NOT MIX!!! That's why never used to take them!! LOL!
I just switched to an E-cig which has radically cut down my smoking...
I appreciate all your info and insight man.
Later.
Peace.

12 weeks tomorrow. early on saturdays is difficult.

and congrats if you're on day two, itchy.

Last edited:
12 weeks tomorrow. early on saturdays is difficult.

and congrats if you're on day two, itchy.
Yep, day two. Thanks. Before when I used to quit, the weekends were the hardest. It's like you could lock me up in the dungeon with no clock and I could tell when it's friday. LOL!
This weather doesn't help....

Drank a shit ton the past three days. Hopefully I'll adjust to my new home here and can cut back quite a bit.

Last edited:
woke up drank 211, then went to a store to get a can of coffee they didnt have it, so with my logic snag a 1/5th instead. and all this is before going to meet up with my mom. no wonder =she ditched me as soon as possible[/QUOTE
Hey! Where you been!! LOL!! MMM...211...Thats the good stuff(right..the last and sometimes only resort) especially warm... I should have bought stock in that shit for how much I drank it!! buck/39 here for 22 oz. When I just got busted in the ghetto I was drinking a grape 211Never saw it before anywhere! The cop was like "that shit any good?" I'm like fucking delicious!! They don't even sell it in the grocery store arond here...that's how delicious it is. I don't even talk to my Ps anymore cause they kind of gave up on me cause of my use/abuse. You're lucky.
Take care of yourself
Be good ppl.

Oh man, I could never drink those high abv malt drinks. A 40 of OE or Colt was one thing, but 211, St. Ides and the like got me so hungover.

Granted if I was desperate I would have no doubt. But if I had only 2 bucks it was 2 PBRs (PBR is so damn cheap in Rockford its unreal).

My Ps handle my bullshit well. They support me when I do what I need to do (right now) but they make it clear that if I am using or drinking I can expect nothing and they do not want me around. I do not blame them at all.

But my parents have been a huge support for me recently. I love seeing them proud of me.

Also, I am realizing that I am really really outgoing when I am not using. Its unreal. I am realizing this now and I turn 31 in 6 days. I must have talked to a good 100+ people today at an event I was helping to run today and I fucking loved it. People were even telling my boss about how great I was. This simply would not have happened if I was drinking and using. At one point, I could get myself there with drugs and alcohol many years ago, but that is long gone. Its nice to have a slight sense of pride again. Long way to go but these revelations are very much a blessing and so damn motivating.

yeah i woke this morning drank a 211,well after that drank another while working on the 1/5th. I should probably go eat something

the grape 211's use to be like 1.30 for 16oz
Thats kind of steep...I don't know how much I payed for the grape cause I was trashed. Hey, yeah...eating is kind of important.lol Although for me, it always took a back seat to my using...I still don't have an appetite and it's been 3 days since I did anything. Yeah, please go eat something. I mean like anything.

PBR is a non-alcoholic beer, right? lol! Just kidding.Phactor, dude if I had two bucks and I needed a drink I would buy something that gets me there the quickest.
Good to hear about all the positives going on with you man.
Yeah, it's been 3 days for me, so nothing to write home about.

Sorry Glitter/Phactor. I dont know how to seperate the quotes or whatever that's why I put both replys in one box.

This seems to have become a venue for you all to support each others' alcoholic behavior.... Why don't we scale it back a bit in order for this thread to serve its truer purpose?

I know when I would wake-up-drink, or drink on the job (was drinking a 40 resting behind the pile of pizza boxes I was folding and stacking at the time!) i would have loved a place to 'check-in' on my fellow alcoholics... It's just unfortunate that that isn't the purpose of the Alcoholism Discussion thread, as it were ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.