• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 6-APB Thread (Part 5)

Well all I can report is my own subjective experience. Ive used it once a week for 2 years and here's what Ive found - there is a sort of hangover 2 days after I use it - slight headache, and tiredness, and a slightly down mood, but I wouldn't call it depression or a "suicide tuesday" like you hear about on mdma. After that second day, I'm my usual happy self, and have noticed no mood swings, depression, or any other changes that would suggest anything amiss with my serotonin levels. Of course things could be happening behind the scenes that I haven't noticed yet - But 2 years and >100 doses later, if anything I am at least as happy and balanced now (if not more so) than before I started taking it. I take 5-htp supplements so that may help me, not sure.

The magic HAS dampened slightly over time - I started with 160mg and these days I'm using 180mg for the dose. For the first year or so the dose would just flatten me with this indescribable incredible bliss. Now it is slightly less intense., but still very, very good.

Do really low doses keep you up for 12 hours too? Like under 25 mg?

IMO, these class of drugs (6-APB, MDMA, etc.) have a sort of threshold that needs to be reached in order to feel much of anything. When I first dipped my finger into 6-APB I took 40mg and literally felt nothing. A month later I took 60mg and felt very subtle effects. On my third attempt another month later I took 90mg and was "blinded" with euphoria and eye wiggles. Just my experience but this has also been the same with MDMA.

I would just like to add - 6APB in my experience was absolute poison. Gave me brain zaps which lasted a month, terrible vasoconstriction, temperature fluctuations, naesea and fever-like closed eye visuals. Granted, the 6-APB was dropped the night after doing 500mg of pure MDMA, so the blame does not all lay with 6-APB (as I have had a positive experience previously about 2 years prior on a 5/6apb pellet), but even so - never again.

I observed a lot of vasoconstriction/chills in the first hour to hour and a half, then I started dancing but didn't feel particularly overheated aside from the usual "stop moving, have some cold water" - I did have a couple drinks though which always makes me feel hot and flushed, so difficult to tell.

Still wondering if someone slipped 6-APDB in my 6-APB package since I had such a monstrous roll off 50 mg. Either way I have some of the former on its way...we shall see. I'm in no hurry whatsoever to put my brain through that much excitement again.

Any thoughts/reports re mixing 5eapb and 6apb. Hopeful the mix could be ok and stretch my 6.

^^ There is a topic on Bluelight already addressing such a combination. Not to be a dick, but you can search it.

Jag I had searched but. It found anything re this. Searched again and only a few threads talking 5 eapb .

Please realize that 6-apb might very well be MUCH less damaging to the serotonin system than than MDMA. It is quite likely that MDMA neurotoxicity (or temporary damage) occurs because MDMA is metabolized by the liver to 3,4-dihydroxyamphetamine (also called alfa-methyldopamine). This is known neurotoxin. MDMA injected directly into the brain is not neurotoxic. 3,4-dihydroxyamphetamine reacts with gluthathione (as far as I can remember) to form a compound wich is toxic to cells, and causes free radicals to be formed via a series of reactions. It is also a common misconception that dopamine metabolites is responsible for MDMA neurotoxicity, dopamine increases neuroxicity as higher dopamine levels mean a higher body temperature, and the higher the body temperature, the less efficient is body's antioxidant system for protecting against free radical damage. MDMA metabolites also inhibit tryptophane hydroxylase, and thus serotonin is regenerated slower than normal.

I dont know if 6-apb forms metabolites wich inhibit TPH, but I do know the neurotoxic 3,4-dihydroxyamphetamine can't be formed from 6-apb, thus potentially making it a much less neurotoxic and safer compound (ofcourse it might have other metabolites even more toxic which are not studied), and where tolerance is less of an issue. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes much longer to lose the magic of 6-apb than that of MDMA/MDA .

I am eager to buy 6-apb and 5-apb and if the combination really is that good comparable to MDMA/MDA, I might never touch the latter two again (or maybe once a year) as they seem to be more damaging.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/000689939191297E

^ Evidence that alpha-methyl-dopamine isn't the cause or sole cause of MDMA neurotoxicity. This is a fairly old theory and now most people agree that the neurotoxicity of MDMA and similar compounds is a lot more complex and a lot of factors come into play. I think it would be VERY hasty and misguided to assume that 6-APB and related compounds aren't neurotoxic simply due to the lack of formation of alpha-methyl-dopamine.

Even if it was less neurotoxic than MDMA, or even if by a stroke of chance it was completely free from neurotoxicity it's still going to cause receptor down-regulation, and this down-regulation requires a time period of recovery before everything goes back to normal. Overuse will result in anxiety, depression, mood swings, and reduced positive effects from the drug itself and related drugs - which may or may not be long term, similar to loss of magic with MDMA.

Just speaking from personal experience and anecdotal experiences alone I can say that overuse results in severe long term negative effects. After taking 6-APB 8 times last summer in 2 and a half months, I experienced brain zaps for several weeks along with pretty bad anxiety and anhedonia that persisted for several months. It was only about 6 months later when I finally fully felt back to normal. That's after just 8 doses - imagine how bad it can get if you continue dosing every week for longer than that.

If my own testimony isn't enough to convince you, of the group of friends I spend most of my time with in real life, 4 of them were also taking 6-APB every week or two for a period of 2-3 months, varying from person to person. All of them experienced the same problems as me afterwards and one of them completely isolated himself from all social contact for the next 4 months avoiding anybody because he became so anxious and depressed.

In my personal experience I've actually found 6-APB to have a worse effect in this respect than MDMA itself does, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt 6-APB weekly is something you certainly don't want to be continuing. Stick to once a month or less.

I know how lovely 6-APB is, and I too tried to convince myself that it was okay to do it more often, but as I found out for myself it's definitely not something you want to be using that frequently if you value your health.

Granted, the 6-APB was dropped the night after doing 500mg of pure MDMA, so the blame does not all lay with 6-APB (as I have had a positive experience previously about 2 years prior on a 5/6apb pellet), but even so - never again.

I blame your reckless behavior with SRA's for those side effects.

Jag I had searched but. It found anything re this. Searched again and only a few threads talking 5 eapb .

My apologies, Mozzer! I must have been feeling pretty shitty that day. lol You are right!

^^Very true. However, there are others such as 'Si Ingwe' (a member on here), who also suffered what we call a ABP Crisis, in which a few sub 100mg uses of 5-MAPB gave him crippling brain-zaps, suicidal thoughts etc (I'l let him fill you in on the rest). Whilst I totally agree that I screwed up with my excessive and stupid use of SRA's in this instance, I stand by my theory that for a select few, the APB's are really poisonous (somehow) to your serotonin system.

I've never had troubles with the APB's as long as you eat healthy, exercise and don't take them more than once a month.

^^The same rule applies to MDMA though. Some use MDMA once, and then complain of DP/DR, anxiety etc, whillst others can use it (in moderation) without issue. I'm sure if I had just used 6-APB I would of been fine, however 6-APB felt far more toxic/dirty to the body than MDMA.....

I agree that 6-APB feels somewhat more toxic and dirty on your body. But this might be because of the longer duration. Sleeping is also out of the question on 6-APB, which can contribute to hangover and post-anorexia, where with MDMA it's often not a big issue after 6-7 hours to sleep and feel refreshed the following day.

In general, sleep deprivation is pretty neglected cause of hangover, but in my opinion it's the largest factor.

6-APB and LSD...

...Sixty-Flipping? Haha... Anyway, I was just curious about these two substances, and possible outcomes of taking them together, or one before the other, etc.

Thoughts? Experiences?

In general, sleep deprivation is pretty neglected cause of hangover, but in my opinion it's the largest factor.

This. Hydration and Nutrition closely follow ime. Theres nothing better than a great cosy sleep followed by a large breakfast and some water in the morning no matter what the compound.

sixtyflipping sounds awesome. Timing would be fairly similar to a candyflip but a bit earlier.
Did read a report on 6-apb/an nbome maybe? could have been lsd, it said the 6 overwhelmed the other to the point of nonexistance but i suppose its all dose dependant.

6-APB and LSD...

...Sixty-Flipping? Haha... Anyway, I was just curious about these two substances, and possible outcomes of taking them together, or one before the other, etc.

I expect the advice would generally be as MDMA, except the durations would line up better.

I tried 1mg 25I-NBOMe + 125mg 6-APB. The experience felt like each substance alone, but at the same time. I dosed at the same time. I'm not sure I'd repeat the experience though, given the amount of vasoconstriction.

6-APB and LSD
I can't comment on LSD but combining with 4-aco-dmt was one of the best experiences I've ever had. I say go for it!

With 6=apb and 4-aco-dmt I had four +4 experiences in a row on it, and I thought I'd found the elusive "repeatable +4 experience" but then the fifth time I did the combo the magic was gone

At a festival last week, my friend had 250mg of 6-apb in 2 lots. Had the 1st 125mg and waited over 2 hours then dropped the 2nd 125mg.

Not sure what happened after that but he was starting to feel pretty rough ad went very cold and went a grey colour and his lips went a bit blue. I took him into a dance tent to warm up and after another hour he was feeling ok-ish. I never redosed at that point as I was feeling good off the 1st bomb. He was not getting much off the 1st bomb so opted to re-dose.

Just a reminder/warning to others that 6-apb can take > 2 hours to take effect and redosing withing 2 hours is probably not recommended. YMMV.

My friend is very experienced with MDMA but said he had never felt so fucked ...................TBH I was a bit concerned with his grey colour. I just hoped it was a monstor comeup taking its toll. Anyway, he was ok and carried on taking more 6-apb ober the weekend.

I seriously prefer 6-APB for a 2 day binge (no sleep!).