View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT elves entering our realm

crOOk

Bluelighter
Okay, I'm not sure if going into the details will help. Most would probably look at me as a nut case. I'm not even sure what just happened.

I have desperately been trying to reach a breakthrough going through half a gram of DMT and never quite getting there for about 90 minutes.

While holding my smoking device, without having my lighter lit at the time, a huge (3''?) flame shot out of the front of the device. The flame shouldn't have been there without me lighting at that very second and I had no chance to inhale the smoke either, in fact I burnt myself and had to drop my smoking device immediately. That very second the trip started. I had not inhaled the smoke though. Once I have gathered myself and have some distance to the experience I will try to reconsider what happened. This just does not agree to anything I've learnt about reality.

I consider myself a man of science. I have had hundreds of psychedelic experiences and countless dmt trips. I've never seen anything like this happen before. I will have to reconsider everything I assumed to be true about DMT.

This will sound really fucking ridiculous... I have to make sense of it somehow though. I always thought DMT elves were just some weird construct made up by our minds, an attempt to understand the experience with the little means we have. I never thought of these elves as actual entities, let alone entities that could enter our world. This elf though, he torched my dmt and sent me to hyperspace without delay, not even a second.

What the fuck, this is just absurd. It cannot be. I feel at peace. I have had no history of delusions or hallucinations. Nothing seems to have changed about me. I know this won't mean shit to most, just some psycho-babble by a random internet whacko.
What I would like to know though is: Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I remember McKenna talked about a trip where someone knocked onto his door with force which resulted in him being ripped out of the hyperspace back into our realm. He claimed the elves remained in his room though, crawling and dancing around, hanging from the walls, climbing onto him. I always thought of McKenna as a whacko anyway, but the more I learn about dmt and it's physiological effects, the more I have to agree to everything he said.

I'm really trying to hold onto science, I do. I'm trying to hold onto our shared reality, but this experience just does not agree to it.

I have been surprised so many times by this substance. In my wildest imaginations I would not dare to think of things like this happening, yet the experience is undeniable. Our world really is full of magic.

I really am aware that this would be considered a delusional state. Maybe it just is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a break from psychedelic usage and komm mal klar.
And dont talk to anyone about this in real life imho or they will basically think you are insane.

I'm still confused by the whole evles deal. When you say elves do you mean like the little people Santa Clause type Elves or is this some type of Pyschedelic term? Did you actually see a little person? I'm just lost on the elves talk.

If I do not stay quiet before smoking DMT for some time and if I do not close my eyes in the dark during the experience, I do not go to hyperspace, hyperspace comes to me. Most of the time in good doses things start to change themselves in my room (for example tree was changing to another form with every glance).

Strange things happen..

Take a break from psychedelic usage and komm mal klar.
And dont talk to anyone about this in real life imho or they will basically think you are insane.
Well I'm not using psychedelics anymore. I have had my ++++ (I prefer to call it religious experience) and ever since then I've basically lost interest in psychedelics. I still use them very rarely, once a year on average I'd say or even less than that. Some of these were involuntary intoxications. I have slipped into a delusional state once before on mushrooms in 2002 and have had a ~4 day manic episode last year. I'm currently studying medicine and have been fascinated by psychiatric diseases since I can think.

I have clearly stated that i am fully aware this experience will not be agreed upon by people who have not made such experiences themselves. I do not consider it a part of our shared reality. Nonetheless I experienced it. I am just looking for someone who has experienced something as puzzling as this, "dmt elves" entering our realm.

Btw I do not even consider dmt a psychedelic like other tryptamines or similar serotonergic substances in the phenethylamine class. It should not belong to the same class. Other psychedelics make me feel sick to some degree, irritate me, confuse me, cause physical discomfort and a hangover. Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed them all, but dmt is just a very different deal. The visuals are barely comparable, dmt fills me with a sense of sanity and calmness, makes all physical discomfort disappear, stimulates my appetite and produces a wonderful reaffirming afterglow. It is pure beauty. I have been promoting it's use among straight-edge family members (my dad) and beloved friends. I would never do that for other psychedelics which i consider closer to "masturbatory drugs". In fact, I try to never promote any sort of recreational drug use aside from this substance.

About dmt elves... Sigh, I do sound like nutcase, don't I? "Hyperspace" is not exactly inhabitated by these entities, the realm itself is basically made of them. They create the surroundings. They are the beginning and the end so to speak. Without the elves, there is no hyperspace. Like I stated earlier, I have been considering these elves as an abstract concept until this day, some desperate mean of our brain trying to integrate the experience into what we all accept as our reality. Sometimes they appear in human form, ususally silouettes, they guide me through the dmt realm, they create the surroundings, they are the surroundings, they morph into them. Sometimes they would come very close and communicate to me that everything is fine, that there is a whole world lying underneith the one we can sense. They are the essence of peace and serenity, calming and caring, loving and forgiving. When I smoke DMT I am overwhelmed by this immense love, I like to refer to dmt as an "injection of pure love".

I feel perfectly sane, I'm not stimulated, not confused, my speech is fine, my thoughts are clear. I'm gonna spend a wonderful day with my daughter at the zoo or maybe we will go swimming instead. I will accept this experience as personal proof of the elves' existence, but I am nonetheless aware that this will not be agreed upon by the vast majority of people. I can discriminate between objectively quantifiable observations and my own religious experience.

I have already talked to my closest friend about this. He has had a few acid experiences, but isn't a drug user like me. He is the perfect example of a functioning member of society. Loaded with cash, a woman to die for at his side, no emotional troubles. He does in fact not consider me insane since I am aware about the low validity of the experience. He would tell me straight to my face when I'm behaving "off" and has done so numerous times. In fact, he has been fascinated by my stories about hyperspace and has been dying to try it for a few years now.

I won't judge you for considering me insane though, that's the sane thing to assume. Still I'm hoping for someone to share similar inexplicable experiences with dmt.

If I do not stay quiet before smoking DMT for some time and if I do not close my eyes in the dark during the experience, I do not go to hyperspace, hyperspace comes to me. Most of the time in good doses things start to change themselves in my room (for example tree was changing to another form with every glance).

Strange things happen..
Yes, that was probably what happened. I usually smoke it in the dark with only a candle or two lit. I cuddle up under my blanket and am swept over by hyperspace. I used to say I am entering another realm, but this time it seemed the two worlds are fading into each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
what did the elves look like?

did they look anything like this guy?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dw0TjYUb_...seo-anthro_-maya-diving-god-1_jpg-300x225.jpg

when I vaporized 25i I saw little dancing 'elves' (^ kinda like that one) at the end of my trails twirling balls of light and more or less heavily manipulating my reality
I saw a creature very large in size (30ft tall?) in 2006 within hyperspace, but the regular elves usually just like humans to me. I've never seen any reptiles or the like either. Human as in they have two legs and arms, but they can also morph into one another or into the surroundings when they are not busy entertaining me.

The one this morning appeared right behind the flame, but wasn't exactly part of this world. It didn't look as if someone stepped into the room. He appeared in a flash-like manner which made it hard to judge whether I'm perceiving him with my eyes or my mind. The most impressive thing was that right when that flame shot out of my pipe (probably leftover solvent fumes for a half-way reasonable explanation) the trip started. There was no delay, not even a fraction of a second. The world transformed into hyperspace with a big bang (metaphorically, there was no sound). The elf disappeared immediately. Oh man, this must sound so whack. :D

How sober were you when this happened? Could you have been in hyperspace at the time, without knowing it? I once saw my body giving up (OBE I guess) after smoking DMT. I have no clue at what time it happened during the trip though...

Hitting the DMT for 90 minutes straight might have maked you confused, where present and past have gotten all mixed up

Strange stuff, that's for sure :D

How sober were you when this happened? Could you have been in hyperspace at the time, without knowing it? I once saw my body giving up (OBE I guess) after smoking DMT. I have no clue at what time it happened during the trip though...

Hitting the DMT for 90 minutes straight might have maked you confused, where present and past have gotten all mixed up

Strange stuff, that's for sure :D
Yes that is very likely. I had a single line of cocaine ~10-12h earlier and 50mg Tetrazepam 30minutes later. Ater that I had 4-8 alcoholic drinks throughout the night. I ceased drinking about 3h before getting home and 4h before starting to smoke. I actually got home still slightly drunk and hadn't slept either.

I had been getting some dmt effects during those 90 minutes. I did a quick and dirty extraction on 50g bark and went through an estimated half a gram of light orange crystals. The effects were there, but did not let me break through. That only happened when the flame shot out of the pipe.

I get really desperate whenever I cannot break through. Have had this happen a few times before. I would probably look like a crackhead to an outsider. I just keep pouring more dmt in, ridiculously high dosages and fiendishly hit that pipe as if it was the only thing there is in the world.

I can live without dmt for years and not crave it. When I have it around I can leave it alone for weeks as well without thinking about it. When I get to the point of wanting to visit hyperspace and it doesn't work though, it feels more acutely reinforcing than vaped cocaine or mdpv. :D Such a weird substance...

So of course I was intoxicated when I saw this, but the flame was still there. Strange things can happen on dmt, I've never experienced anything mystical like this on other psychedelics in 11 years of using them, no matter how far gone I was.

It would be possible that I had inhaled enough substance for a breakthrough 10 seconds before the flame appeared. Then when the flame shot out this could've either been part of the trip already along with the elf that flashed up for a moment or it could have been residue solvent caught up in the crystals that for whatever reason incinerated with delay (???). Either way it burnt my fingers and I had to drop the device into the large "ash tray" over which I was smoking (I smoke over a non-flammable surface in case I would have to drop the device. better safe than sorry).

I'm not really arguing this actually happened since it can easily be argued these were hallucinations due to lack of sleep/stimulant psychosis (one line of coke...). It was still a very impressive experience to me personally and perfectly valid in my reality. Therefore what happened means something to me personally, but I would never try to force my "beliefs" onto another. I have come to believe in a lot of things throughout the years during which I've known dmt. Things that just do not seem to agree to knowledge that has been scientifically established. These newly gained beliefs allow me to extend my understanding of what is real/knowledge to me personally, but I am still aware that this is not necessarily congruent with the shared reality of the rest of humanity, including myself.
I was basically just looking for people who experienced similar things, since it was a very impressive and puzzling experience.

@Identity888
I cleared my pm's.

Last edited:
So what happened exactly? All I can derive is that an elf appeared and lit your DMT for you, everything else is you describing something else that isn't the experience itself. Give us 250 words explicitly describing the narrative of the experience in question if you want people to relate to it. Where's the play-by-play of the experience?

yeah residual solvent is my thought too. not sure how it ignited when you didn't have the flame to it at that moment, but with the mass quantities that had been going through your pipe then even a small % of leftover solvent could cause that imo.

I get it my friend. After insufflating a large dose several years ago I was thrust into a vortex of never-ending deja vu. I couldn't pick my nose without viewing the scene from hundreds of past perspectives--some quite alien and strange. I made it to a place where I could lie down and immediately a digital liquid membrane descended down upon me and began to dissolve my physical being. I did what you're not supposed to do and fought it like crazy. I cried out to my gf, who came and sat with me for the duration as I avoided this film that wanted me to pass through it.

At the crux of the experience there was a sharp shift in the feeling of the membrane. It had been warm and tingling and curious, then suddenly it was pin pricks and anguish. There was a loud deep-throated insect noise that shot through the room, entering a corner near the ceiling and reemerging at a corner near the floor on the opposite side of the room. There was a presence that seemed hurt that I did not trust in it. Sad wet hurt-looking eyes blinked and watched me from dimensions I could not fathom , odd angled and out of kilter with anything I was capable of sustaining mentally. The being retreated very quickly into several of these dimensions and for some reason it felt to me like it had gone underneath me. The furnace is in the basement below the floor where I was sprawled and a loud bang issued from it. I could feel it through the hardwood floor, like the furnace had fallen over. I childishly babbled at my gf, asking if she'd heard the noise. She hadn't. And the experience quickly faded.

Strange thing is is that our furnace was broken, and it was the middle of winter. We went without heat for several days while the outside temps were in the low teens (12F, -10C). It was uncomfortable, and at no time, not even now, can I convince myself that it was delusion. It was more of an externalizing of an intense alien angst, a bitter psychic residue. I actually came down, condensing around the belief that I had invited something into my reality, pissed it off with inhospitably, and it somehow bumped the plumbing, if you will, on its way out.

Unlike you, I am not looking to science for anything. It was my experience and I will not allow a hairless monkey in a lab coat to tell me what building blocks I am or am not allowed to consider in this artful process of living life for living's sake.

Last edited:
Fascinating post, Breakingset. Good to see you around too. :)

To the OP, I've had my DMT ignite before, but not without a flame applied.

Last edited:
Unlike you, I am not looking to science for anything. It was my experience and I will not allow a hairless monkey in a lab coat to tell me what building blocks I am or am not allowed to consider in this artful process of living life for living's sake.
I wasn't really looking for the science behind it and I hear what you are saying. <3 Thanks for sharing.

Thank you too, sockpuppet. It wasn't as profound as two other dmt experiences I've had after all. I pretty much attributed to the delay in my sleeping schedule and my drunken state the next day already. One experience (~50th dimi exp) has forever changed the way I view myself and my outlook on death. Can't say this happened this time around. Leftover solvent is probably a good explanation, eventhough the trip started much faster than it should have and I can't say I even inhaled properly.

So what happened exactly? All I can derive is that an elf appeared and lit your DMT for you, everything else is you describing something else that isn't the experience itself. Give us 250 words explicitly describing the narrative of the experience in question if you want people to relate to it. Where's the play-by-play of the experience?
That's why I didn't post in experience reports, I was just trying to discuss the weirdness of the stuff once more I guess. I'm sure I've written a report somewhere before. The realm itself is almost the same on every experience. Basically it's pure neon/pastel colored elven bliss. The magic happens when returning from it or when I am not quite entering it in the first place. It takes a very special mood for me to feel up to the task of putting into words where dmt takes me. Sorry I wasn't more specific about what followed.

That's why I didn't post in experience reports, I was just trying to discuss the weirdness of the stuff once more I guess. I'm sure I've written a report somewhere before. The realm itself is almost the same on every experience. Basically it's pure neon/pastel colored elven bliss. The magic happens when returning from it or when I am not quite entering it in the first place. It takes a very special mood for me to feel up to the task of putting into words where dmt takes me. Sorry I wasn't more specific about what followed.
Even now you can't say more? Fair enough. What about a bluelight blog post, then? I'm just not certain what other people are supposed to work with if there's no inroads to the story...

Even now you can't say more? Fair enough. What about a bluelight blog post, then? I'm just not certain what other people are supposed to work with if there's no inroads to the story...
Especially now I cannot say anymore. Duuuuh... What's the point of your post? Want me to delete the thread? Want me to apologize to you for creating it? Gtfo lol

To clarify this further: I was looking for people who have perceived these entities that seemingly inhabit the hyperspace dmt takes you to outside of that realm. I had heard a single report by McKenna before, but never really considered the possibility. On the day I posted it seemed to me as if an "elf" had entered our world. I was looking for others who have perceived similar things. This is all aside from scientific explanations, the phrasing sounds delusional. Whether these entities are just an interpretation of what is going on in our poisoned brain or there is something more to it, does not matter. Neither do the events in hyperspace. I was asking for something entirely different and a report about hyperspace would've been out of place.
If you are looking for such reports, I suggest checking out erowid. I just do not understand why you dropped in here. There were several good posts and despite the trip not really leaving me with a changed concept of reality this time, I got my time's worth out of creating the thread. See, if my initial post was the only one in here and you were posting this as advice on how to get a stronger resonance, I would truely appreciate your advice. In a thread that has been sufficiently replied to (while probably not having a grand future), your post is just pointless. If you cannot contribute just stay out instead of bitching around what a post is lacking in.

Last edited:
Especially now I cannot say anymore. Duuuuh... What's the point of your post? Want me to delete the thread? Want me to apologize to you for creating it? Gtfo lol

To clarify this further: I was looking for people who have perceived these entities that seemingly inhabit the hyperspace dmt takes you to outside of that realm. I had heard a single report by McKenna before, but never really considered the possibility. On the day I posted it seemed to me as if an "elf" had entered our world. I was looking for others who have perceived similar things. This is all aside from scientific explanations, the phrasing sounds delusional. Whether these entities are just an interpretation of what is going on in our poisoned brain or there is something more to it, does not matter. Neither do the events in hyperspace. I was asking for something entirely different and a report about hyperspace would've been out of place.
If you are looking for such reports, I suggest checking out erowid. I just do not understand why you dropped in here. There were several good posts and despite the trip not really leaving me with a changed concept of reality this time, I got my time's worth out of creating the thread. See, if my initial post was the only one in here and you were posting this as advice on how to get a stronger resonance, I would truely appreciate your advice. In a thread that has been sufficiently replied to (while probably not having a grand future), your post is just pointless. If you cannot contribute just stay out instead of bitching around what a post is lacking in.
Wow. I guess all this is obvious. Thanks for clarifying. Boy, don't I feel like a dick.

To clarify this further: I was looking for people who have perceived these entities that seemingly inhabit the hyperspace dmt takes you to outside of that realm. I had heard a single report by McKenna before, but never really considered the possibility. On the day I posted it seemed to me as if an "elf" had entered our world. I was looking for others who have perceived similar things. This is all aside from scientific explanations, the phrasing sounds delusional.

Haha, that is one of the largest inquiry's I've seen here yet, and a direct question that most dance around by simply describing an experience. What is real and what is not real. And why is something considered real and something not. And can a subjective experience be an objective experience also. If the term psychedelic is known as mind manifesting, then can an actual "elf" be seen outside the experience in consensus reality? Or is it all sleight of hand and illusions. Can an illusion be a reality?

Good post crOOk. I have had some incredible unexplainable things happen. I am sure we all have. I think any organization studying psychedelics are asking the same question you are but in different ways. How far does the mind reach out into consensus reality. It seems to be the largest question and one of the main reasons for exploring. Looking for real or realer in all that we experience. Is it all illusions produced by a drug or are we really entering different dimensions and observing. But the question here seems to be can an "elf" from a different dimension pop into our everyday 3D reality?

I like the question and expect the whole range of responses. ;)

Idk man, last time I hit DMT I was underneath a pile of beanbags talking to a bunch of venus fly traps, telling me it was okay for them to eat me, that somehow that was the answer to everything, that being eaten by these spiritual plants was a portal to a parallel universe. They were telling me the digestion process doesn't hurt, that it's just your soul being detached from your physical body, and to not be scared, being eated by a bunch of talking plants isn't so bad as it sounds. I had accepted the fact that I was going to be eaten, and then my trip wore off. Never smoked DMT again, I'm still spooked.