• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-B Thread - Stage 2

Hi guys, planning on trying 2CB for the 1st time tonight! Do you think 18mg is too much? im a 23yo girl for about 53kg (112pound i think?) and i am quite sensitive, like, anything more than 250mg of MDMA will make me sick.

Any recommendation?

I don't think that would be too much. But then again I don't think 250 mg of MDMA is anywhere close to a dose for a sensitive person.

Do you have any experience with other 2c's ? That could help gauging your sensitivity... I think for most people, 18mg would be a pretty mild, but active dose.

I have never done any psychedelic before, I will be taking it at a house party, very warm and safe!

By this amount of MDMA, i will not top up or anything btw, if it can help...

Ahh, I see. I personally wouldn't take a psychedelic for the first time at a house party, but if you feel ridiculously comfortable with the people that will be there, then it might be a good idea.

Why not?

But do you think 18mg will be too much then - also, usually does it last more 5 or 8hours, erowid is a bit confusing

Why not?

But do you think 18mg will be too much then - also, usually does it last more 5 or 8hours, erowid is a bit confusing

Take 15 and save more for later if needed 2c-B can easily be redosed. As far as duration it's all up to your metabolism! Also good MDMA will never need more than 150mgs. Doing much more of highly pure MDMA could easily kill you...

• If you've never taken a psychedelic before, you don't know how you'll handle it. 2c-b is pretty forgiving, as far as psychedelics go, but it could still take you for a ride. You might become anxious, paranoid, have a bad trip, who knows.
  • While I have nothing against taking psychedelics for fun (they can be a blast), you might be missing a chance to have unique experience that goes beyond partying. Especially for your first psychedelic experience, I would personally want to wade in from a calm environment and allow your mind to take you where it will, rather than having the party dictate.

If you're not an anxious person, there's a good chance that 18mg of 2c-b, as your first psychedelic, at a house party, could be a lot of fun. But, it might not be, and more to the point, you might miss out on a good portion of what psychedelics are all about.

Anyway, just make sure you are super-comfortable with the people around you. IMO that's the most important thing if you are going to do it.

• If you've never taken a psychedelic before, you don't know how you'll handle it. 2c-b is pretty forgiving, as far as psychedelics go, but it could still take you for a ride. You might become anxious, paranoid, have a bad trip, who knows.
  • While I have nothing against taking psychedelics for fun (they can be a blast), you might be missing a chance to have unique experience that goes beyond partying. Especially for your first psychedelic experience, I would personally want to wade in from a calm environment and allow your mind to take you where it will, rather than having the party dictate.

If you're not an anxious person, there's a good chance that 18mg of 2c-b, as your first psychedelic, at a house party, could be a lot of fun. But, it might not be, and more to the point, you might miss out on a good portion of what psychedelics are all about.

Anyway, just make sure you are super-comfortable with the people around you. IMO that's the most important thing if you are going to do it.
Well at least someone's listening!<3

I find that pretty much any psychedelic can turn into a "tough" trip if there are users that find E to be "too" psychedelic as well. If it's possible to bad trip off of that, well then, I guess it's possible for someone to bad trip off of...anything. But stimulants don't play nice with people who have paranoid-like tendencies...I used to think they were "bad trip" free before the simple events I've witnessed.

It's just an observation, because personally I don't see how 2C-B can be as tough to handle as lsd. But like it was said, you could definitely have a bad time off of it if you aren't accepting the effects that it's giving you. How the mind handles the trip, serving as the subject, is what will determine the results.

I do want to point out that there are exceptions to just about everything. :)

Although personal experiences should not be used as a barometer for anyone except the person him/herself, I'd just like to say that 2C-B is a great choice to first jump into psychedelics. 18mg sounds like an ideal dose, but be sure to test out <1mg just in case. Have fun.

Does anyone else feel that the "stimulant" side of 2c-b has a lot to do with the surroundings? I can easily watch a movie on 2c-b and chill no probs, but when going to clubs the energy is insane and I can dance forever. Seems very... dynamic.
Also: Does anyone else get really painful headaches from 2c-b? Either when the trip is done, or the day after... it's like flipping a switch. I don't always get it, but usually. Any rational explanation behind that? Maybe vasoconstriction related, idk.

Been a few years since I last had 2c-b, I recall one very strong trip when I felt very dissociated at certain stages if I was not focusing on staying grounded. I love k and MXE holes and have used both lots for a number of years - however I'm trying to avoid dissociative usage as it cuts down on my psychedelic usage.

I was wondering if anyone could comment on experiences with getting the more dissociative side of this out at higher doses? Would it be comfortable to navigate for someone very experienced with the above and plenty of heavy psy experience. Or is this not what I should be looking for? How about combining with ketamine?

Also anyone know how this goes with 2c-c?

2C-B Duration

Here's 4 2C-B trip durations. Weird how eating a meal 20 minutes afterward delayed the onset considerably.
27FdP.png

Last edited:
^^ I find that eating beforehand affects 2C-B's onset more than any other drug I've tried.

Two times stand out in my mind where I ate a full meal less than an hour before dosing. Both times I was with another person, and in each situation both of us thought nothing was going to happen. And then finally, an hour and a half to two hours after dropping... oh, is that wall breathing a little?

That is why I prefer to plug my 2CB - no messing around with the stomach or GI tract - faster comeup - less material required. All in all just reduces the bodyload significantly I find. Although there have been times where I've felt the rushed comeup make my legs tremor uncontrollably for a bit.

Not that unpleasant, but just remind yourself you've blasted a psychedelic straight into your bloodstream. And the joys to follow are absolutely worth it :D

Got some 2C-B today, going to test it out some this week and hopefully get a decent trip report for SSRIs + 2C-B, since none exist as best as I can tell. It's been a decent amount of time since I stopped SSRIs so it's not a perfect test of the combo, but by the best estimations I could find there is enough lingering drug and metabolite in my body to still affect things soemwhat, so my experience won't be totally irrelevant for others on SSRIs who want to take 2C-B, though hopefully it won't kill off my fun entirely.

I'm always cautious about calling any drug I've tried my favourite but 2C-B may well be just that. It takes the best parts of MDMA and LSD, throws them together and somehow strips away all the bad parts of both those drugs as well. The visuals have what I can only describe as a cartoon vibe to them along with being way more bright that LSD and it seems to me that the harder you focus on a single point (the wall, someone's eyes etc) the more trippy things get. I really can't say enough good things about it. It works really well with weed to :D

I'm always cautious about calling any drug I've tried my favourite but 2C-B may well be just that. It takes the best parts of MDMA and LSD, throws them together and somehow strips away all the bad parts of both those drugs as well. The visuals have what I can only describe as a cartoon vibe to them along with being way more bright that LSD and it seems to me that the harder you focus on a single point (the wall, someone's eyes etc) the more trippy things get. I really can't say enough good things about it. It works really well with weed to :D

I'm curious...how much are you taking?

I am currently experimenting with 2C-B. I have found 30mg to be a dose where the experience becomes really worthwhile. Emotionally and mindset-wise, it's, exactly as you said, a cross between MDMA and LSD. However, at this dose, the visuals are underwhelming. That's not an issue, per se, but it would be nice to experience the cartoony visuals everyone seems to be talking about.

I'm curious...how much are you taking?

I am currently experimenting with 2C-B. I have found 30mg to be a dose where the experience becomes really worthwhile. Emotionally and mindset-wise, it's, exactly as you said, a cross between MDMA and LSD. However, at this dose, the visuals are underwhelming. That's not an issue, per se, but it would be nice to experience the cartoony visuals everyone seems to be talking about.

I take 40mg and I smoke a fair bit of weed with it as well. It's worth bearing in mind that since 2C-B is so hard to measure out and the dosage curve is so sensitive that when I say "I take 40mg" I mean that I have 2 capsules of what I've been told are both 20mg capsules and I take both of them. It wouldn't surprise me if the actual dosage I take is 5mg under or 5mg over what I think I'm taking.

I was on 2C-B a few days ago, same 40mg dose and for some reason, this time, I had the most insane closed eye visuals I have ever had in my life. Life a kaleidoscope but not symmetrical with a huge ball of white light in the centre of it. Overwhelmingly beautiful :)

I got my hand on some 2C-B powder which seems of decent purity. I dissolved 100 mg in 400 mL of water but some parts did not dissolve. I guess these were impurities. :( I hate the prohibition we life in.

I measure everything with bulb pipettes. So far I tried 1.25 mg, 5 mg, and 7.5 mg.

1.25 mg was week but clearly there. 5 mg was great for sex. 7.5 mg I did at a festival but from my point of view 2C-B is not a drug to do in a club. It worked out great as I could just go in the nature on the festival and talk to people, which was nicer than to dance.

Interestingly, my girlfriend tried 2.5 and 5 mg and never got any effect. It seems like I need much less than she does, which does not surprise me as it takes a pint of beer to get a strong effect for me.