• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Eye floaters

papoose

Greenlighter
I suffer from anxiety and stress after taking mdma 6 months ago!!

I now suffer from eye floaters!! anyone get these?

move this thread if it's in the wrong place

Adam

Try some aniracetam. I started a thread a while back about how I felt less eye floaters were less present when I took that stuff. The aniracetam would also greatly help you with your anxiety.

You may also look into lutein/ginkgo biloba.

It's due to dead cells lining the inner eye sloughing off and floating in the vitreous humour (fluid). You get floaters when the dead cells and related debris float in front of the visual field.

Abnormal pressure in the eye (i.e. due to the higher blood pressure caused by MDMA) can cause cells to slough off more rapidly. Another reason is the vitreous has thickened due to dehydration, making the dead cells higher in concentration and therefore more easy to see. In that case, replacing body fluid can help and you will notice an improvement with time (and avoiding drugs that deplete body fluid).

Otherwise, floaters are a normal part of aging and there's not much you can do.

I got floaters either from MXE or 4-ho-met I think. Do they disappear sometimes or stay in the vitreous humour forever?

Floaters increase in number gradually with age, yes, but if you notice an abrupt increase, see an optometrist immediately. This can be the result of a detached retina, with blindness soon to follow.

Try some aniracetam. I started a thread a while back about how I felt less eye floaters were less present when I took that stuff. The aniracetam would also greatly help you with your anxiety.

You may also look into lutein/ginkgo biloba.

what is aniracetam? is it legal? what does it do? wiki said side effects are axiety lol?

^ you must have either skimmed really fast or not be able to read. Aniracetam is one of the best anti-anxiety drugs known to man, at least IME.

It is a nootropic (smart drug) which boosts cognitive function, memory, visual processing capability, etc. while also being a great hangover preventer and enhancer for many different psychoactives. Yes, it is legal. Side effects are usually limited to headache or flatulence with too high of a dose.

Floaters increase in number gradually with age, yes, but if you notice an abrupt increase, see an optometrist immediately. This can be the result of a detached retina, with blindness soon to follow.

This is usually due to traumatic injury or severe inflammation in the eyeball, both of which are not indicated in the OP's case.

Floaters are normal for most people, I think maybe your anxiety is getting the best of you. Take Piracetam or aniracetam like mentioned above, it will help. I'm seeing floaters right now, it's nothing to really worry about unless your vision is saturated. If it really bothers you, go see an opthamologist to be on the safe side.

Seriously eye 'floaters' do not increase with age - If your having problems with your vision, get it checked out.

Seriously eye 'floaters' do not increase with age - If your having problems with your vision, get it checked out.

Sorry just did a quick google search and found this

Summary

Eye floaters appear as dark specks, spots, threads or clumps in front of your eyes. The eyeball contains a jelly-like substance known as vitreous humour. Sometimes, tiny clumps form in this jelly and may appear as specks in your vision. Floaters tend to increase with age. Eye floaters are harmless; however, a sudden increase in number may indicate damage or disease.

Is there any link between the increase of 'eye floaters' and MDMA use? If the increase of floaters increase with age then you would not notice them (they would be a part of you 'growing up'? If you suddenly notice an increased number of eye floaters then you should get your eyes checked.

Did anyone read my post?

It could be due to dehydration. Best thing to do is wait a while and stop rolling, and see if there is improvement. Going to a docto a.s.a.p could be a waste of time.

I've already seen the doc and optician! He says my eyes are perfectly healthy but he can see why I am noticing the floaters. I don't think there is a direct link to mdma and eye floaters, but from reading up on it there is a deffinate link to stress and eye floaters! It's also not a case of "your just noticing them more cause of your anxiet" which most people tell me, as i can definatly see these things! anxiety or not, but I think the anxiety is causing them! But there is no medical proof or research done into this.

infact there is hardly any research done on eye floaters, they dont even have a medical name, they are just called eye floaters. as they are not crippling enough, neither painful, but they cause me so much suffering! Apparantly from reading online it gets easier to deal with them over time. ive only been suffereing for about 3 weeks so hopefuly it will get easier.

also i am not rolling or smoking pot any more, i think these are all factors that help cause them but as i say no one knows the cause of them in the young eye.

there are two differenty types of floaters, the ones you get when you get older say mid 40s-70s and then the small defined shapes that younger, typically males see. which are untreatable even by laser surgery. almost all cases reported in young males they also suffer or sufferent from stess/anxiety/deppression.

I have an insane amount of eye floaters that I've noticed for maybe a year, year and a half. I didn't notice them before messing around with MDMA and hallucinogens. They don't really bother me and they don't worry me. I notice them more on different days, and also when I'm hungover sometimes. I can go weeks without noticing them sometimes though.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but 2 weeks ago I rolled again and this time I was forgot to hydrate myself correctly (I was giving my water to my girl... who's dehydration was much more severe then mine, or so I thought). Next few days, I noticed a big increase in eye floaters... I know you can normal get them but this time it was obvious and one coming after another for some time, then they just disapear. But it was very disturbing, it never really caught my attention until recently.

My theory is dehydration from MDMA, might cause cells inside the eye to die out faster and generate, therefore seeing more of these "eye floaters".

Hi guys,

Bumping this one - and probably directing the query at the LTC'ers amongst us... I'm having big issues with black eye floaters which have manifested themselves as a few black dots interconnected with stringy-wires in my left eye. For the most part out of sight but flick across my vision when I quickly look up - such as when on the computer. It brings on a small undercurrent of anxiety whenever they appear and is really hindering my recovery.

Never had these before (have noticed the transparent type floaters from time to time before) - so my question is: Do these dark ones fade into a more transparent variety? How did you track your recovery with floaters?

Any help much appreciated!

I had floaters prior to my first time with MDMA

If I watch the blue sky, they are pretty noticeable. So I'm not sure they are linked, to be honest.

Ive got floaters + Visual snow + afterimages + light sensitivity.

If youve just got floaters man, just be happy that your visual problems aren't worse!! Just try not to overthink it and realise they cant do you any harm and is just that your are noticing artefacts that your eyes normal filter out but its probably more noticeable due to your anxiety.