• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Eye floaters

I got eye floaters when taking fluoxetine 1 day after taking DXM so I definitely think there is a link between the MDMA and the eye floaters.

)Please do not post saying it was unsafe of me to take the fluoxetine as with the half-life of the DXM being at the most 6 hours I had about 37.5mg in me and it's effects only last about 6-8 hours at the most any way. So there is no "serotonin syndrome" going on)

I am merely posting because fluoxetine has serotonergic activity just like MDMA and dextromethorphan: :)

what is aniracetam? is it legal? what does it do? wiki said side effects are axiety lol?

Yes, aniracetam may cause anxiety as it has powerful effects on the cholinergic and glutamatergic system.

It also is known to be a powerful anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) agent due to its effect of serotonin and dopamine. It is the only racetam known to have these effects.'

I would recommend you get it. Dosage should be about 1000 - 1500mg for serotonergic and dopaminergic effects. You will just get cholinergic and glutamatergic effects at lower dosages.

I would suggest at least 1500, maybe 2000. when I took 1500 at bedtime with my temazepam I got so fucking drowsy and could barely stay awake.

I got eye floaters when taking fluoxetine 1 day after taking DXM so I definitely think there is a link between the MDMA and the eye floaters.

)Please do not post saying it was unsafe of me to take the fluoxetine as with the half-life of the DXM being at the most 6 hours I had about 37.5mg in me and it's effects only last about 6-8 hours at the most any way. So there is no "serotonin syndrome" going on)

I am merely posting because fluoxetine has serotonergic activity just like MDMA and dextromethorphan: :)

Floaters are proteins in the vitreous humor and on the surface of the eye.

You didn't get them from fluoxetine, nor do you get them from MDMA

​You simply notice them, like you notice patterns, colors and other things post use of psychoactives

I never got them before.

It's very likely that some pharmacological serotonergic activity caused them. Serotonin levels massively increase in the eyes as well.

are you denying this?

I never got them before.

It's very likely that some pharmacological serotonergic activity caused them. Serotonin levels massively increase in the eyes as well.

are you denying this?

Absolutely, yes I am denying the mechanism you propose -- it is scientifically unfounded.

Serotonin is an anti-oxidant. (quite powerful, actually)

http://benthamscience.com/journals/current-bioactive-compounds/volume/9/issue/2/page/143/

High levels of serotonin will not cause floaters.

I gurantee you had the clumps of protein in your vitreous humor and on the surface of your eyeballs -- when you were in elementary school.

Children can easily see floaters if shown how to, by looking into a clear blue sky, and de-focusing. Also pressing on the eyeball with the eyes closed allows one to see them easily.

The action of MDMA and other serotonergic psychoactives that leads to blurry vision (focal issues), is likely the cause of being able to see the floaters more readily.

NOTE: it is also quite likely that the drying action on the mucous membranes by MDMA increases the amount of surface proteins on the eyeball. These proteins can be difficult to remove and may persist for quite some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
you are forgetting the massive releases of neurotransmitters that all three release - as well as their peripheral actions themselves- that have effects on all these effects and processes in the body.

if all these people get it with the drug and not without it, there is a relation

you are forgetting the massive releases of neurotransmitters that all three release - as well as their peripheral actions themselves- that have effects on all these effects and processes in the body.

if all these people get it with the drug and not without it, there is a relation

All these people NOTICE.

Eye floaters are highly reported with anxiety. That's because anxious people finally notice them, not because anxiety causes floaters.

Eye floating is associated with the functioning stability of the visual sensory and signal amplification nervous circuits. The sensory circuits rely on the brain' s acetylcholine/parasympathetic nervous systems and the amplifier circuits on the brain' s dopamine/ norepinephrine (sympathetic ) nervous systems . When the visual circuits fails to perform automatic tuning of the light intensity or automatic voltage- feedback control ( AVC) in the visual sensors and/ or amplifiers , or when the acetylcholine and dopamine nervous systems fail to provided sufficient biased bioelectric voltages for the visual sensors and/ or amplifiers to extract the visual signals from ambient noises , you will get eye floaters. Excessive epinephrine ( adrenalin - the stress hormone) in the visual nervous circuits will cause over- dilation of the eye pupils , resulting in eye floater, due to excessive discharge of the bioelectricity in support of the sympathetic pupil dilation . To reduce the excessive epinephrine in the visual nerves , you need serotonin to block the conversion of dopamine/norepinephrine to adrenalin. In the visual circuits, sertonin will be converted to melatonin by the pineal glands , in presence of B 6 , when the eyes don' t not expose to the light. Generally, when you brain and nervous systems are very awakening and coordinating, your vision is very sharp and clear .
That is, when your acetylcholine , dopamine and/ or serotonin levels in the visual nervous circuits are too low, you will experience eye floaters. Over -ejaculation and medication or street drugs that deplete the liver enzymes responsible for syntheses of DHEA, testosterone , acetylcholine , dopamine , norepinephrine and serotonin generally causes eye floaters. Of course , a genetic problem associated with the liver enzyme productions can results in deficiency of acetylcholine , serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine.

All of the chemicals that act as neurotransmitter ALSO HELP CONTROL most of the other processes in the rest of the body.

Thank you for proving that psychoactives allow people to see floaters they already had.

I simply disputed (and still do) your assertion that MDMA use causes floaters -- you argued that high levels of serotonin in the eye cause them (it doesn't).

Eye floaters are not caused by neurotransmitters.

Does the extra vigilant state caused by stimulants, and the changes in eye focus (the eye is focusing on patterns, light, and colors not normally noticed) increase the likelihood people see them? yes

The same way that blue/violet/purple things tend to be more vibrant and color saturated for days or weeks after use of MDXXand psychedlic substances -- the brain is noticing things differently than before.

Not neurotransmitters, the chemicals - the transmitters exists in the body elsewhere is what I am saying! and MDMA and fluoxetine are ACTIVE everywhere in the bodu :) and increase the chemicals everywhere, not just in the brain.

This is what I said. These chemicals are responsible. Did you read what I said...?

Eye floating is associated with the functioning stability of the visual sensory and signal amplification nervous circuits. The sensory circuits rely on the brain' s acetylcholine/parasympathetic nervous systems and the amplifier circuits on the brain' s dopamine/ norepinephrine (sympathetic ) nervous systems . When the visual circuits fails to perform automatic tuning of the light intensity or automatic voltage- feedback control ( AVC) in the visual sensors and/ or amplifiers , or when the acetylcholine and dopamine nervous systems fail to provided sufficient biased bioelectric voltages for the visual sensors and/ or amplifiers to extract the visual signals from ambient noises , you will get eye floaters. Excessive epinephrine ( adrenalin - the stress hormone) in the visual nervous circuits will cause over- dilation of the eye pupils , resulting in eye floater, due to excessive discharge of the bioelectricity in support of the sympathetic pupil dilation . To reduce the excessive epinephrine in the visual nerves , you need serotonin to block the conversion of dopamine/norepinephrine to adrenalin. In the visual circuits, sertonin will be converted to melatonin by the pineal glands , in presence of B 6 , when the eyes don' t not expose to the light. Generally, when you brain and nervous systems are very awakening and coordinating, your vision is very sharp and clear .
That is, when your acetylcholine , dopamine and/ or serotonin levels in the visual nervous circuits are too low, you will experience eye floaters. Over -ejaculation and medication or street drugs that deplete the liver enzymes responsible for syntheses of DHEA, testosterone , acetylcholine , dopamine , norepinephrine and serotonin generally causes eye floaters. Of course , a genetic problem associated with the liver enzyme productions can results in deficiency of acetylcholine , serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine.

These chemicals, along with other ones like other ones like histamine, epinephrine, endorphin and ions like sodium and calcium, are responsible for a lot of reactions in your body. The visual system is part of the PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM

Not neurotransmitters, the chemicals - the transmitters exists in the body elsewhere is what I am saying! and MDMA and fluoxetine are ACTIVE everywhere in the bodu :) and increase the chemicals everywhere, not just in the brain.

This is what I said. These chemicals are responsible. Did you read what I said...?

These chemicals, along with other ones like other ones like histamine, epinephrine, endorphin and ions like sodium and calcium, are responsible for a lot of reactions in your body. The visual system is part of the PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM

Yeah, I read it -- you are WRONG -- the chemicals don't cause floaters -- they were already there.

Eye floaters are protein clumps in your vitreous humor, and on the surface of your eye. Like I said little children have no problem seeing them when taught how to (anyone can).

FYI, I have a congenital eye condition that directly affects the retina and the vitreous humor. I assure you I know much more about floaters than you do.

Excessive ejaculation does not cause eye floaters either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I read it -- you are WRONG -- the chemicals don't cause floaters -- they were already there.

Eye floaters are protein clumps in your vitreous humor, and on the surface of your eye. Like I said little children have no problem seeing them when taught how to (anyone can).

FYI, I have a congenital eye condition that directly affects the retina and the vitreous humor. I assure you I know much more about floaters than you do.

Excessive ejaculation does not cause eye floaters either.

And the drugs are the reason this whole floater thread happened!!! lol this is what I am saying. The chemicals are responsible. They are responsible for the processes that cause the floaters. They are responsible for a lot of chemical processes in the body...

Such as the digestive ones... Histamine is highly expressed in the digestive tract...

And chemicals are responsible for the formation of the protein clumps. The cellular processes... how do you think they form...?

Peptides are responsible for the formation of protein clumps. There are peptides that act as neurotransmitters in the brain - I am not saying that peptides contained within the protein clumps of eye floaters are any neurotransmitters - I am just giving you an example. Just see what I am mean that on a basic level that chemicals are responsible for EVERYTHING in the body? lol

Endorphin, oxytocin are endogenous peptide neurotransmitters, that work on stuff outside the body, as hormones, sort of. These are the chemicals (peptides) responsible for the effects of MDMA

5-HT 1A activation causes potassium inhibition-induced massive release of oxytocin and beta endorphin in the brain.

I was never denying they were not protein clumps either.

Last edited:
And chemicals are responsible for the formation of the protein clumps. The cellular processes... how do you think they form...?

The chemicals don't get into the vitreous -- it is isolated from the body -- "Unlike the fluid in the frontal parts of the eye (aqueous humour) which is continuously replenished, the gel in the vitreous chamber is stagnant." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitreous_body

burst retinal blood vessels are basically the only way floaters get into the eye, aside from age related protein degradation

Other floaters are actually on the surface of the eye

All of the stuff you mentioned is made of chemicals I am sorry shugenja, but that is true. The vitreous is made of chemicals, so are foaters, the surface of the eye, the eye itself, they are all ​chemicals