• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Eye floaters

All of the stuff you mentioned is made of chemicals I am sorry shugenja, but that is true. The vitreous is made of chemicals, so are foaters, the surface of the eye, the eye itself, they are all ​chemicals

But nothing you ingest makes it into the vitreous like you think it does, unless a blood vessel leaks or bursts.

MDMA, Cocaine, LSD, SSRI's excessive ejaculation --- none of these things cause floaters.

UV radiation, cellular degradation, blood from burst vessel/leak, torn retinal tissue, age == these things cause floaters

Eye floaters are highly reported with anxiety. That's because anxious people finally notice them, not because anxiety causes floaters.

That's not entirely correct. From what I can understand, extreme bouts of anxiety can change the ocular pressure to the extent that the vitreous develops new floaters.

I am an example of this due to an MDMA overdose. I have from time-to-time noticed transparent floaters in my field of vision but after a month or so of intense overdose-related anxiety and other symptoms, I developed about 3 small dark spots which have evolved into around 7-8 small spots interlinked by "wires". I can guarantee you I did not have these before the MDMA. Whether it be related to the drug itself or whether the extreme anxiety brought around changes to ocular conditions, I'm not sure, but this is a physical manifestation, not a mental one.

I'm really interested to hear stories from those people who have had MDMA long-term-comedowns describing how their dark-spot floaters manifested themselves and how they eventually faded, if they did at all. I know Delfin has described to me their floater recovery story and how they faded with time.

That's not entirely correct. From what I can understand, extreme bouts of anxiety can change the ocular pressure to the extent that the vitreous develops new floaters.

I am an example of this due to an MDMA overdose. I have from time-to-time noticed transparent floaters in my field of vision but after a month or so of intense overdose-related anxiety and other symptoms, I developed about 3 small dark spots which have evolved into around 7-8 small spots interlinked by "wires".

High blood pressure, not intra-ocular pressure could cause bleeds/tears (of blood vessels feeding the retina and optic nerve cup). But it is much more likely to happen from chronic hypertension.(or hypertension from chronic anxiety)

You should go see an ophthalmologist ASAP -- the dark spots connected with wires could be retinal damage or a bleeding vessel.

The fact that there are more spots and they are interconnected indicates a bleed.

Once it detaches only surgery can fix it, a not small percentage of retinal detachment results in permanent partial or total blindness in the affected eye.

That is a potential complication of my congenital condition.

Serotonin is more than just an antioxidant; is has so many of hundreds' of functions in the body. Look all of it's functions in the heart for instance. It's also a vasoconsrictor, which could increase eye pressure....

So, um yeah, it could...

^ you must have either skimmed really fast or not be able to read. Aniracetam is one of the best anti-anxiety drugs known to man, at least IME.

It is a nootropic (smart drug) which boosts cognitive function, memory, visual processing capability, etc. while also being a great hangover preventer and enhancer for many different psychoactives. Yes, it is legal. Side effects are usually limited to headache or flatulence with too high of a dose.
What? Racetams, if anything are anxiogenic. Phenylpiracetam being the worst.

Serotonin is more than just an antioxidant; is has so many of hundreds' of functions in the body. Look all of it's functions in the heart for instance. It's also a vasoconsrictor, which could increase eye pressure....

So, um yeah, it could...

Um no it couldn't

Remember that congenital issue I have? yeah it is exacerbated by IOP -- so I know it doesn't!

Sorry -- MDMA does not cause floaters -- period

The fact that MDMA use caused the eye to focus on anything and everything -- allows one to focus on the floaters one normally would not see

FYI GWBH -- 5HT2 agonists (like MDMA) are hypotensive to the eye (cause lowered Intra ocular pressure)

"Thus, functional 5HT(2A) receptors are present in human ocular cells involved in IOP reduction and this correlates with the ability of 5HT(2A) agonists to lower IOP in Cynomolgus monkeys, a surrogate for human subjects."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20426763

This seems to be a good link that explains eye floaters in Layman's terms - in particular for those experiencing a long term comedown from MDMA:

http://www.adrenaladvice.com/adrenal-fatigue-eye-floaters.shtml

Only problem is it's factually wrong.

Increased cortisol can't get into the vitreous humour -- it is sealed off from the body. It has NO blood vessels and is stagnant (else the floaters would be degraded and washed out).

What causes collagen clumps is photo-degradation, capillary leakage, and loss of electrical charge due to age

When people talk about floaters, no one understands that there is many different types caused by different things. The floater could be blood, collagen, a foreign object, etc. The type of eye floater that most people see are the benign type. They look like little perfect bubbles, sometimes they have a core. These bubbles will form stands and often the strands are interconnected. I have seen the story a thousand times. Person goes to eye doctor, eye doctor performs slit lamp test to examine the inside of the eye and sees NOTHING. Eye doctor because he has no idea where the floater is says the floaters must be extremely small and very close to the retina and this is why they appear so big. So every person goes home thinking they have shit floating in their vitreous. The eye doctor never suggests that this issue is within the retina (which is actually part of the brain) because the brain and neurotransmission is out of his field for the most part. He may have knowledge of the retina but not of the working of GABA, Dopamine, Serotonin, etc within it. The only place within the eye that such perfect circles exist is within the receptive fields. This would explain why some of the spheres/bubbles appear to be polarized (some have a clear core, some have a dark core).

I strongly believe that eye floaters are an issue with the nervous system and the retina.

Everyone knows that the image that strikes the retina is inverted inside the brain. So therefore when you see your floaters sinking within your eye, they are actually floating to the top. If eye doctors know what they are talking about, why do they tell everyone to not worry because your floater will sink and settle out over time???

Makes sense why people see this shit after they take drugs.

When people talk about floaters, no one understands that there is many different types caused by different things. The floater could be blood, collagen, a foreign object, etc. The type of eye floater that most people see are the benign type. They look like little perfect bubbles, sometimes they have a core. These bubbles will form stands and often the strands are interconnected. I have seen the story a thousand times. Person goes to eye doctor, eye doctor performs slit lamp test to examine the inside of the eye and sees NOTHING. Eye doctor because he has no idea where the floater is says the floaters must be extremely small and very close to the retina and this is why they appear so big. So every person goes home thinking they have shit floating in their vitreous. The eye doctor never suggests that this issue is within the retina (which is actually part of the brain) because the brain and neurotransmission is out of his field for the most part. He may have knowledge of the retina but not of the working of GABA, Dopamine, Serotonin, etc within it. The only place within the eye that such perfect circles exist is within the receptive fields. This would explain why some of the spheres/bubbles appear to be polarized (some have a clear core, some have a dark core).

I strongly believe that eye floaters are an issue with the nervous system and the retina.

Everyone knows that the image that strikes the retina is inverted inside the brain. So therefore when you see your floaters sinking within your eye, they are actually floating to the top. If eye doctors know what they are talking about, why do they tell everyone to not worry because your floater will sink and settle out over time???

Makes sense why people see this shit after they take drugs.

Great post.....Dr. Abraham said mine are a symptom of HPPD, they're not normal eye floaters.