• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Why are drugs illegal?

Because some people who really should avoid them go out and get fucked up causing a visible disturbance in society. Whether it is losing their shit on the tube, robbing houses to feed an addiction or just plain deciding not to go to work, they all contribute to the negative perception of drug use. If we could some how prevent just the 5% of drug users who ruin it for every one else, and the rest of us just keep it on the down low and trip quietly when surrounded by a play ground of "norms" there wouldn't be the need to try and enforce prohibition. Unfortunately the ones who would be banned are likely to piss and moan that it isn't fair so we are pretty much damned if we do so to speak.

I liked it better when drug use was more of an exclusive club of cool kids in the know. Now you have people taken psychs for example who have no right to be playing with their feeble brains.

Basically yes. Black people <3 drugs. White people run the game. Whitey doesn't want blacky to have things blacky likes (especially not his daughter).

But... not all whites are racist. Some (us) have started to like drugs too. Eventually the game will change. Chinaman will be running things soon and he doesn't like either of us much. Specially not since we dropped that Opium War on his arse back in 18-something.

Any more questions? Yes, you at the back, with the glass eye.

china man sold me dvds that don't work. my family members scoffed at me that I shouldn't be surprised and it serves me right for buying illegal stuff. idiots. the world is full of idiots.

Because some people who really should avoid them go out and get fucked up causing a visible disturbance in society. Whether it is losing their shit on the tube, robbing houses to feed an addiction or just plain deciding not to go to work, they all contribute to the negative perception of drug use. If we could some how prevent just the 5% of drug users who ruin it for every one else, and the rest of us just keep it on the down low and trip quietly when surrounded by a play ground of "norms" there wouldn't be the need to try and enforce prohibition. Unfortunately the ones who would be banned are likely to piss and moan that it isn't fair so we are pretty much damned if we do so to speak.

I liked it better when drug use was more of an exclusive club of cool kids in the know. Now you have people taken psychs for example who have no right to be playing with their feeble brains.
^ I know let the docs do it for them like they did back in the day .

I'm sure those fuck ups who "shouldn't be taking drugs" take em anyway.. those peeps care not whether they are legal or not and still take them. I wanna know what that lad who stabbed that girl in brum at 7.30 in the morning was prescribed or self medicating with.

Self medicationg is the biggest load of crap. "I have depression so I take mind altering drugs that have no proven medical use" sounds like a great plan. I make no apologies for being a snob. I have been a drug user, never an abuser for over twenty years and I like to think I am a good role model for my kids when it comes to moderation and sensible drug use. I don't touch drugs that don't agree with me. Red wine is awesom but I find I only need a second glass before I am guaranteed a solid hangover the next day. As a result I don't touch the stuff.

Too many members here have serious drug issues yet still get themselves into trouble. I am not even talking about addictive issues, I am talking about doing stupid shit that involves trips in ambulances or police cars. These are the idiots that give drugs a bad name. I suggest you have a license to take drugs and if you lose too many points from anything from overdose to punching out a window then you lose the priviledge

Self medicationg is the biggest load of crap. "I have depression so I take mind altering drugs that have no proven medical use" sounds like a great plan. I make no apologies for being a snob. I have been a drug user, never an abuser for over twenty years and I like to think I am a good role model for my kids when it comes to moderation and sensible drug use. I don't touch drugs that don't agree with me. Red wine is awesom but I find I only need a second glass before I am guaranteed a solid hangover the next day. As a result I don't touch the stuff.

Too many members here have serious drug issues yet still get themselves into trouble. I am not even talking about addictive issues, I am talking about doing stupid shit that involves trips in ambulances or police cars. These are the idiots that give drugs a bad name. I suggest you have a license to take drugs and if you lose too many points from anything from overdose to punching out a window then you lose the priviledge

But you moderate the Lounge and therefore nothing you say will be taken seriously :p =D

Plus it's "privilege".

Last edited:
There is a strict "No drug talk in the Lounge" policy which means we weed out the idiots who can't control themselves. We ahve been sexual assualt free for over 7 yrs.

6a0120a735b61b970b014e5fd78f4c970c-800wi_zps0051ab02-1_zpsa4d8b8e8.jpg

I've heard em all..

But what are your opinions and why?

Why did they become illegal? Why does the government ignore statistical data and advice from top people involved in the field? Why are they still illegal?

Boring answer:

For your protection, as they are considered harmful.

Conspiracy theological answer:

You are being controlled, they want you to put your mind and abilities towards running the country (Work, education) and taking substances would become an interference to this (Applying yourself to work and education becomes more challenging if you hold an addiction)

If they have been trying to control me they need to increase their budget because they are doing a piss poor job.

Especially substances like psychedelics which cause a paradigm shift in thought processes and and make you question things. Drugs by big pharma that keep people doing those 12 hour factory shifts on the other hand so that more shit can be made are exactly what the system wants.

I used to think opinions like this were wildly paranoid, but I've since become convinced that there is indeed a movement, even if not as conspiratorial as some claim, by those in power to keep the masses uninformed, uneducated, and closed minded. It can't be denied that those in power can only benefit by maintaining the status quo. Altered states of consciousness are innately subversive.

I don't think there is an overriding conspiracy. I think it largely stems from politicians and papers years ago creating an artificial enemy in our midst to justify electing them or buying their papers, and it has just spread like wild fire and spiralled out of control. The people believe the shit that was, and continues, to be fed to them, the politicans promise to do something, and the cycle repeats. The cat is out of the bag, and I think in a generation or two we will see the majority of the population knowing that it's bullshit.

I agree with everything up until your last sentence. Both intention and accident have led to the current state of affairs, which have now become a status quo that must be maintained. So many government workers, politicians and the media all depend on drugs being illegal. Not only do they have much to lose, but even if these sectors wanted to legalise drugs, it would be an upward battle with no clear beginning. Unfortunately, I think people who think like we do remain a tiny, essentially insignificant minority and I don't see that changing anytime soon if ever.

Drugs, in my mind, are essentially illegal because people with power said to themselves "I don't like this, and I don't like other people taking this, so I will make it illegal to do such things". Whether it's bad for you or not, doesn't matter. It comes down to principle, and the right to make you're own decisions and make you're own mistakes.

This is really what it boils down to. But I'm not sure if it's just people with power who have this controlling mindset or if people in general share it. In my personal experience, people who believe in the true civil rights of the individual are the exception not the rule. Sadly, it seems to me most people don't actually believe in fundamental freedom.

Because some people who really should avoid them go out and get fucked up causing a visible disturbance in society. Whether it is losing their shit on the tube, robbing houses to feed an addiction or just plain deciding not to go to work, they all contribute to the negative perception of drug use. If we could some how prevent just the 5% of drug users who ruin it for every one else, and the rest of us just keep it on the down low and trip quietly when surrounded by a
playground of "norms" there wouldn't be the need to try and enforce prohibition. Unfortunately the ones who would be banned are likely to piss and moan that it isn't fair so we are pretty much damned if we do so to speak.

Up until that last part I completely agree. Unavoidably, those who abuse privileges (in this case adult substance use) will always attract more attention than those who don't. Just like the news only reports negative incidents and never mentions the far more common lack of negative incidents. There's nothing newsworthy about functional normality.

You do, btw, realise that claiming some people 'have no right' to use a class of drugs is the same attitude shared by those who want to keep drugs illegal. Either you believe every person should be able to choose, or you don't. It's not about the consequences, but the right to choose in the first place. If every right depended on the possibility of a negative outcome as opposed to the principle, nothing would be legal.

It definitely ain't for our protection, Raas. Prohibition is far more harmful than any drug has ever been - even politicunts and plod know this.

Drugs are not for everybody. Just as being a parent is not for everybody. If you are mentally ill the last thing you need is a chronic drug habit, no matter if you personally think it is a good idea. I'm all for personal rights when we talk about sane, intelligent individuals. Crazy folk live in a fantasy world and they are unfortunately the ones who give them a bad name. We are not all born equal no matter what your democratically elected government tells you.

I'm actually an Anarchist so I don't believe in any sort of government & 'democracy' is one of the worst IMO. I agree that drugs aren't for everyone but I do not believe in enforcing my opinion on others - even if they are vastly inferior creatures I cringe at even calling human.

Because humans are the ones who run the world and humans make ridiculous decisions.

Drugs are not for everybody. Just as being a parent is not for everybody. If you are mentally ill the last thing you need is a chronic drug habit, no matter if you personally think it is a good idea. I'm all for personal rights when we talk about sane, intelligent individuals. Crazy folk live in a fantasy world and they are unfortunately the ones who give them a bad name. We are not all born equal no matter what your democratically elected government tells you.

"Mentally ill" is quite a broad category. Many of us here fall into that category - including myself. Drug use can be beneficial and it can be damaging but it's down to individual choice ultimately. I can say for sure that without drugs - especially psychedelics - I'd not be breathing today. Life simply wouldn't be worth living and I simply couldn't cope. Sad but true. Maybe that'll change one day. Maybe not. But til then I'm just glad to be alive and full o' drugs on a regular basis.

I agree that drugs aren't for everyone but I do not believe in enforcing my opinion on others

This.

As I said earlier I make no apologies for being a snob. I know there are plenty of mentally ill here on Bluelight and it is often these who are our biggest enemy when it comes to changing public perception. No one cares about the straight A student who puffs a bit of weed on the sly, the horror stories are the kids who go off the rails. Stereotypes are often based on an element of truth and the average stoner is a lazy piece of shit. Whether it is fair or not is moot, public opinion will only be changed when the right example of drug use is visible. Unfortunately they are not the ones splashed across the 6pm news.

I don't think it's the elitism that chafes, but the hypocrisy. There's no way to screen & license every potential drug user so as to weed out the undesirables, and even if there were such a system *shudder*, who gets to decide what's considered undesirable? As it is, determining mental illness is incredibly inaccurate & subjective, and I imagine that's only one trait of many you find undesirable. Do you think someone else should be able to decide whether you can use drugs, One? Would you be okay with that?

I'll put my hand up to be the judge if you are too gutless to call them out fairynymph ;)

Judge_Dredd_01.jpg

I'll PM you at least 5 BLers I think should not be allowed to take drugs if you want.

It definitely ain't for our protection, Raas. Prohibition is far more harmful than any drug has ever been - even politicunts and plod know this.
Possibly true. I guess it becomes an issue of blaim. If you incur a drug problem, under the current system it would be seen as your own fault. If drugs were legal, the government would then be seen as responsible.