• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Ketamine Subthread] Intramuscular Injection (IM)

^^^ Intramuscular injections are commonly given with 23g needles. You don't want to go too high (30+) as you risk breaking the needle off inside the muscle.

I've used 22g needles without any problem.

To each is own. I've always used 1/2 needles/27 to 29 gague needles and had good results. I specifically recommended people not do what I do, but rather consult a medical site. I'll never use a 25 gague needle. Those are thick. Not for me.

(I`m only 19 now, and only plan to have everything done when I`m 50 or over), I used to rush into these things, but those days are over, and sticking a needle in myself is still not something I want to do. I probably will never want to do it, but maybe this info will come in very handy, for a friend or something. so, the higher the gauge of the needle, the SMALLER it is? I just copied/pasted it off some site, to give an indication whether or not this is the kind of syringe/needle you`ll need for IM injection.

Also, is the filter I`ll want small .45microns, or really small .22microns?

And is it extremely important what gauge needle I use? I mean, is it more painful? I don`t mind getting jabbed by a HUGE needle---->

*(2 years back I had blood tapped from my veins 5!! times in 1 year, each time they put in this thing with which they could change the vial, but didn`t have to take the needle out, they did this 8 times every time(8 vials of blood, some quite small, some HUGE) I know this is IV, and the flu-shot is IM, but I only want info on IM-administratio really*

------ >as long as it`s safe, or doesn`t hurt more than a regular needle(doesn`t really hurt for me, flu-shots, blooddrains).

And how important is the length of the needle, the one I listed is 5/8" which is approximately 1.5cm. Is this long enough, too long, whatever?

If someone could give me some very specific answers, i`d be very grateful

I`m sure I`m still missing some questions, but this post is getting big anyway, so I`ll save those questions for another time.

GrOwThSpUrT said:
[BAlso, is the filter I`ll want small .45microns, or really small .22microns?

[/B]

You want the .22 micron filters. The rest of your questions I already answered.

ok, I think I must`ve missed the part about whether or not it hurt more or not(couldn`t find it now anyway), but do you shoot it up yourself, or do you have someone with you that does that for you? because I know diabetics usually just shoot up themselves, but I think it would be safer to have a "professional" do it.

^^^^^^^^^

I administer it to myself, but I've also had formal training with using needles in a veternarian setting.

cool, i don`t intend to do it, well, you`ve gotta try everything once(but injecting something is something I don`t want to do for the next 50 or so years), so I thought i`d get as much info as possible, you`ve been very helpful, thank you

(maybe one of my friends will want to take DPT this way sometime, so if they do, I have a lot of info ready in my head, DPT is just too nasty to do any other way)

Fragbait said:
^^^ Intramuscular injections are commonly given with 23g needles. You don't want to go too high (30+) as you risk breaking the needle off inside the muscle.

Maybe if you are injecting in a moving bus on a dirt road, or if you have Parkinson's. But you are not going to break a needle with a steady hand.

What would be the worst case scenario? breaking off the needle, missing the muscle, getting an abcess? is there anything that could possibly kill someone(except ofcourse ODìng and not filtering correctly)

I've given myself hundreds of injections without any problems. Use sterile material, a steady hand and you will be fine.

I can sterilize everything, I can always get the right supplies, my hand is as steady as can be when i`m still sober, so that wouldn`t be a problem. But in case of self-administration, would the drug take effect before you pull out the needle, or do you have a significant amount of time left?

IM injections of ketamine take around 15 minutes to reach peak effects. With DPT, it is a little longer. You got plenty of time to pull the needle out, take a quick hit or two or high-grade cannabis, fill a balloon of nitrous oxide, and lay down before it all hits.

I actually like to take hits from the nitrous cannister(I have a whippedcreammaker, and I fill those, but it feels to me like a lot gets wasted in a balloon), and no, it won`t freeze my lungs, because it`s already decompressed inside the cannister. I know, I`ve been doing it for at least a year now, it gets you higher, it kicks in faster etc. etc. But I know the nitrous cracking devices you can just hook up a balloon to, if you were to use one of them, yes, your lungs would freeze, and you would die.

I sometimes like to inflate a balloon(just air), fill up my cannister, take a good hit, deflate the balloon, and fill it up with my breath, and keep on breathing. I think it is less wasteful this way. It gets me higher anyway.

mmm, so whyb not just inflate the baloon with nitrous and breathe from it repeatedly?

is it really that hard?

is it really that hard to understand?

the person I do nitrous with doesn`t even understand, I don`t think I lost him there, I think he just lost it ;)

1.I have a whippedcream cannister(large, white, and you can make whippedcream with it.

2.I insert a nang/bulb/whatever into the cannister.

3.Put the thing you would normally insert into the balloon into your mouth, and fire away, you don`t have to inhale anything, it just gets filled up automatically.

4.I pre-inflate the balloon because otherwise it is too hard to inflate it(a balloon that has never been inflated before is harder to inflate)

5.I breathe out into the balloon, or just hold my breath untill I can take it no longer.

"why isn`t it just easier to put it straight into the balloon?"

Because I like the feeling of it being shot into my lungs, it gets me higher, it kicks in faster, and I feel like in the process of putting the gas in the balloon you lose a WHOLE LOT of gas, at least we ALWAYS lost a fair bit of it, I think it has to do with the balloon exerting pressure the other way as well, because after you`ve filled a balloon, you can click the button, and a little bit of gas still escapes.

If anyone still doesn`t get it, i give up.

Negro-kitty said:
The 'tissue is deeper' IS a 'medical' response. It makes sense to inject into a place with MORE muscle...for example, I am very thin and have almost no muscle...if I injected into my arm I could hit the BONE (I'm being serious here). Also, more muscle = better absportion, less soreness, etc.

So yeah...take your attitude elsewhere!

Actually, NK, if you would have read Wood's post you'd realize he didn't have an attitude. Take some of your own advice.

Hmm, never have thought injecting would even cross my mind, but might come across some liquid + needles in the future .. I think I'm far too uneducated about anything involving injecting to be able to pull it off safely though :\

If you have pure liquid K, do you still need to 'filter' it?
Is it really simple to measure out the dosage and inject it to the glute?
Any way to mess up / get hurt by doing this? I know K is relatively safe as far as ODs, etc., go, so perhaps there isn't so much to fear?