• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Ketamine Subthread] Intramuscular Injection (IM)

you dont have to heat the street k crystal/powder when its in the spoon

ime this is very dangerous because i once heated it too much and when i sucked it up into the plunger the mixture had gone too thick and just as i was about to shoot into my veins the solution in the syringe suddenly froze and got stuck in there and I was about to shoot that shit!!!

Never bothered heating ever again and ive IV'd and IM'd street K hundreds of times and never had a problem. touch wood.

Strange. This has never happened to me when heating ket in a spoon. But as soon as I see it start to think of starting bubbles, I remove the heat.

Yeah that doesnt make any sense. You could saturate the solution with heating (+200mg/ml) and it could precipitate on cooling.....but then you sure as shit wouldn't get the same amount to go into solution without heating.

basically there was too much k and not enough water to begin with i must of had about 400mg in a standard 100cc insulin syringe.

Shouldn't thicken or gel though, Hooter. I've oversaturated IV solutions many times trying to force more in and all that happens is that it recrystallises as soon as it cools slightly. I suppose if you got it all in the barrel before it cooled it could crystallise in there though. Probably better than halfway through injecting it really. If you're IMing high doses just use a bigger barrel. But you probably worked that out for yourself by now so will shut up.

Last night I tried using a 23G 1.5 inch needle and to my surprise it was no more painful than the smaller needles. Even though the short needles work, in order to be doing a true I.M. injection you should really use a longer needle and it can be significant if youre re injecting a large amount of fluid (over 2mL) because that is not recommended for subQ. a 150 mg dose produced a very intense experience that was difficult to remember.

Last night I tried using a 23G 1.5 inch needle and to my surprise it was no more painful than the smaller needles. Even though the short needles work, in order to be doing a true I.M. injection you should really use a longer needle and it can be significant if youre re injecting a large amount of fluid (over 2mL) because that is not recommended for subQ. a 150 mg dose produced a very intense experience that was difficult to remember.

the first time i IMed K, it was after a long night of partying, and at the time i was using 1/4 needles for heroin. I realized I could IM it and didn't really think twice about the size difference until i tried injecting it and immediately realized if i wanted to really reach the muscle in my leg it would be MUCH easier with a bigger one! with much effort i was able to do it successfully, but at the time i thought i wasted the shot until i felt REAL messed up all the sudden and was pleasantly suprised with an almost instant k-hole

1grm of ketamine IM

SO whatr should i expect!!!? Im in india having a blast can get 1 gram pure tomorrow and will be ready for IM injection questions ideas anyone?

If it's pure IV it, I IM'd ket once wasn't anywhere near as good as IV. Thrown into another world! Felt like i was flying on the bed =)

Just make sure ur needles are steralised, countries like that are common to recycle needles, even brand new ones were picked up from hosptial dumpsters, washed and repackaged. Cant remember where I watched the vid, will look for it. They get kids to do all the dirty work too

Last edited:
I might move this over to Psychedelic Drugs and see if the mods want to move it into the Ketamine thread there, which OP should also read.

Isn't the whole point to get a sub-anaesthetic dose, so you don't just black out and not remember a thing? I'm not sure about the potency IM but I'd imagine 1 gram would be way too much and a complete waste.

I'm not sure it was meant that the gram would be consumed in one go? That's quite a bit of K to inject anyway. You don't just put that in a 1 or 2 ml syringe. I really do hope that you have a vial and not any solid form and that you have all sterile prerequisites for injection? India is not the most sanitized of places and that is an understatement. Be careful.

If you don't have a major tolerance I think I.M. is good enough. With I.V. it's easier to overshoot your hole and get anaesthesized which is a shame. So I disagree with that suggestion.

If you will be self-administering the thigh is a common site which is accessible and larger and less tender than something like the shoulder. If someone else administers it you can opt for the butt cheek but avoid the pectoralis on the chest or other small and tender muscles.

Expect to feel like submerged underwater or flying in a faraway dark space encountering strange things and having altered thought patterns that are much less linear and more parallel or 'meta'. Compared to snorted, I.M. feels more clean and pure like someone just threw a switch and the effects start out of nowhere. And only the core essence of the dissociation seems to be left, without the peripheral shit.

Also, merged with the existing thread on I.M. injection.

Last edited:
Making a solution out of powdered ketamine for injection

I'm planning on buying some bacteriostatic water and a vial. How many ml would I need to dissolve 1g of ketamine into my solvent? Would I need anything else aside from bacteriostatic water? I prefer to IM my ket and don't want to fuss with spoons, lighters, and cotton (yes, I should buy some micron filters too) for every shot. Does anyone have a procedure they use?

I can only seem to find threads about cooking K, which are absolutely useless to me.

I know some vials come in 50mg/ml or 100mg/10ml but this is obviously lab prepared...

Thanks!

I think that the question is more along the lines "how many ml of solvent do i want". Personally I prefer 100mg / ml shots, less liquid means less sore muscles for me. Basically what I would do is, boil some tap water in a regular water boiler (didn't have access to bacteriostatic water at that point), draw ~1ml of this hot water in a syringe, apply hot water on top of ~100mg weighed powder in a container such as a shot glass (short diameter & vertically round bottom), stir slightly (100% of the powder would dissolve rather rapidly), apply an actual needle to the syringe, poke the needle through one of those cotton swabs used to clean ears to use as a filter and draw solution to the syringe through it. Once the solution is in the syringe, replace the filtration needle with an unused one and apply the medicine. I consumed a fair share of ketamine using this method with zero actual problems, however, I can not stress how important bacteriostatic water and micron filters are when it comes to unknown powders and IM injections.

Perfect ^ That way for every unit there is 1 mg. Every 10 units, 10mg.

Yes, when I started I.M.ing there were 50 mg/ml and 100 mg/ml vials and with 50 it just seemed annoying to have to inject twice as much for the same effect.

So when I started I.M.ing liquid prepared from crystal I used a concentration of 100 mg/ml so 10 ml per gram and used sterile nasal saline for infants that comes in plastic vials from the pharmacy. I understand that they aren't entirely meant for injection but I also always used wheel filters.

No need to stir if you just take up and release the solution into a syringe barrel a couple of times before running it through the filter. I dissolved my product in a shot glass or whiskey glass that was sterilized with alcohol.