• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Ketamine Subthread] Intramuscular Injection (IM)

In all honesty, cooking a sack of powder K and IMing it works fine. Keep in mind people shoot Heroin on a hourly basis and never so much as get a cold. There is no real reason K should be any different. As long as you COOK it in the spoon to steralize and maintain proper technique as if you were shooting smack you'll be fine. I've IMed powder K before when I couldn't get a bottle, I'm just fine. And think about it, H is cut to hell and back usually; who wants THAT in your veins?? While K is usually more or less uncut and straight from the bottle to your spoon. Go ahead. Enjoy...

anteater -- Yup, you can inject ketamine subcutaneously....and it works just as well as IMing it.

This may sound a bit silly, but the first time I gave an injection, I practiced on a lime first. You want to feel confident about giving it, and you want the needle to go in quickly and smoothly.
I would also recommend taking it easy for a while. Just lay back somewhere and put in some beautiful music and enjoy.
Good luck.

First time I stuck a needle in my vein I got someone I knew to do it. That way I could see exactly how it was done so I could do it again.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't want to IM anything but K. A friend of mine IMed an E into his leg and you can still see the little blue bubble of liquid E under the skin. Do you reckon you could stick a needle in, withdraw the fluid and re-whack it? Probably not, eh?

I find there is a lot of negativity concerning insufflated K compared to IM'd. A lot of it is unwarranted.
If your intent is the psychedelic foray into madness that a k-hole represents, and you're in the comfort of your own home - go for it. IM all you please.
But if you're looking for that slightly dissociated, floaty feeling you get from a tiny dose, or you're in a club, snorting is perfectly acceptable. Indeed, I find snorting to be quite useful - you can "bump" your way to the state you want to be in.
It's not cocaine. The amounts involved are far tinier, and after a solid year including lots and lots of K, my nose was just fine.
K has value at all dosage levels. And an insufflation-induced k-hole is still a lot of fun.
Anybody who says "IM or nothing" can only speak for their tiny little set of circumstances.

Originally posted by erica.smerica:
This may sound a bit silly, but the first time I gave an injection, I practiced on a lime first.
Damn Erica, that's a really good idea. Never thought of that before. :)

IM'ing ket

i just need to know how deep you're supposed to shoot ketamine?

i have a "imitrex" self injection kit.. you just load in the syringe and press a button and it shoots. the thing is, im not sure if its going deep enough.. it says "sub cutanious" (sp, i cant spell) injection.. is that the same, or shallower than an IM injection?

i can trim the guard so the needle goes deeper, i just need to know if its good as it is, or if it needs to be trimmed (dont say buy insulin needles, im a pussy and cant give myself a shot.. this thing makes it 100x easier) thanks in advance ;)

You are supposed to IM it (i.e. inject fairly deep into the muscle), but you CAN also SC it (inject it subcutaneously as your little system does). With IM, there is less chance of the fluid leaking out and some people find they get higher....but I have SC'ed many times and it works just as well in my opinion...I just always make sure to put pressure on the injection site after the injection to prevent any fluid (ketamine) from leaking out. Also, I believe you are less likely to hit a nerve if you SC over IM.

Hope that helped, good luck!

Hotdogs

I have used a 1/2 inch needle and that works fine. 1/2 should be plenty to penetrate muscular tissue unless you have a lot of body fat. Then again I've supervised an overweight person using the same needles and it worked fine for him. How long are the needles you are using?

im not sure.. about a 1/2 inch.. but the whole needle definately doesnt penetrate.

ive SC injected it a few times already.. and it got me high (strangly, it lasted quite a bit longer than nasally). i never had a problem with it leaking out... the onset was slower than snorting. i think i'll trim it down so it penetrates about 1/2 an inch. thanks!

IM or SQ both work fine... Some actually prefer SQ as it obviously does not iritate muscle tissue as much.

Oh, and as for the imitrex autoject - it works perfect fine.

SG

for IM injections u might have to go as deep as 1 1/2 inches or as little as 1/2 inch ... it all depends on how much subcutaneous fat u have and on the injection site ...

like if u're fairly fat and injecting in to the glue u need to get a 1 1/2 inch needle ... if ur fairly skinny prolly 1 inch or 3/4 will do ...

for quads u can do with 1/2 inch same with delts

Is it better to inject into the shouler, like tricep or deltoid area, or better to inject in the glutes? Is there a difference?

It's better to inject into the glutes because --

it is less painful there than other places
there are fewer nerves there (I have heard) than the arm
the tissues is deeper in general/there is more muscle to inject into

uhm im not being a dick, but could i get a medical-grade response rather than, "its better because the tissues is deeper"

id like to know cuz i have a lot of muscle tissue in the glutes cuz i do alot of lower back workouts and i dont think soreness would affect them. At the same time, i do alot of upper arm workouts and soreness would affect that. It really isnt a big deal, i can live without a workout for a day, but im just curious.

k ... this will be as close to a "medical-grade" response as i can get it to be ... heh

1. make sure the k that u'll be injecting is medical grade, ie u have an untampered vial of it ... cuz i wouldnt suggest dissolving powder and IM'ing that unless u wanna end up with an abcess the size of a golf ball

2. the glute is by far the safest area to inject into due to the fact that it doesnt have too many veins ... (i dont think that this would make much difference with k but for steroids u definetly dont wanna shoot oil into ur veins)
also it is quite a large muscle so if ur injecting a large amount its going to get absorbed better (again im not sure if this is that much of a deal for k cuz i have no idea how many ml is a good dose but u defintely dont wanna be shooting 2ml into ur biceps)
but most importantly, out of my own experience, glute injections are definely the least painful ... the only downside is that u need to use a huge needle if ur fat ... say like 1 1/2 inches but if ur skilly 3/4 will do just fine

3. if ur going to do the glute injections make sure u know what ur doing ... cuz u dont wanna hit ur sciatic nerve ... ... ...

The 'tissue is deeper' IS a 'medical' response. It makes sense to inject into a place with MORE muscle...for example, I am very thin and have almost no muscle...if I injected into my arm I could hit the BONE (I'm being serious here). Also, more muscle = better absportion, less soreness, etc.

So yeah...take your attitude elsewhere!

Ok, can I just ask some n00b questions here, I`ve never used the needle, and don`t intend to, but I want every little bit of information I can get. and detailed info as well. so here goes:

1.The glutes are the muscles in your buutcheeks right?

2.if I were to use this:
Syringe & Needle 25Gx5/8" 300190 100x2ml (Reference #PLA437W)
General purpose disposable syringes 2ml with 25G 5/8" needles attached. Boxes of 100.
syringe+needle, could I IM 30mg of DPT with this?

3.What do I need to do to inject it, do I need to add anything, or should I just disinfect a cup, put aquadest. in it, dissolve the dpt in that, draw it up in the needle, use rubbing alcohol on the spot I intend to inject it, and fire away?

4. Is there a specific spot that I should hit, or should definitely NOT hit in the glutes, or could I just shoot it anywhere.

5.Do I need to filter the solution first? If so, with what, I`m not asking where to purchase, but what kind of filter should I use.

6.I`m sorry, but I`ve never injected anything myself, and I wanted to know everything about it. And this thread seemed perfect for asking my questions, i`m sorry if I went a little off topic by asking for the DPT, but I have read about procedures for heroin and ketamine, but was really only interested in DPT.

If someone could answer my questions in this thread, or PM me(would be even better) I would be very grateful.

Glut= Ass. That is my prefered injection site for ketamine and DPT. It hurts in the leg, and for some reason it scares me to inject into my arm muscle.

DO NOT USE 25Gx5/8! Yikes. A 25 gague needle is THICK. They are scary. When I go to my local pharmacist to get needles, I always say..."I need x amount of 1 CC, 1/2 needle, 27 gague or higher please." I usually get the 28s as that is what they stock. I once saw a 25 gague needle someone accidently bought, and it scared it shitless. We were soon back in the car to go get new needles.

You do need to filter it if you want to be safe.

http://www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/alcoholanddrugs/info/filters.html#outlet

Here is a good link on how to use filters. You should have the common sense to look at the picture and read the info. Then type what kind of filters they are into google so you can buy them on-line. I've found them for less than $2 USD each.

As far as where to shoot into the glutes, you want to consult a medical site to see where. There are a few places I've seen that give step by step instructions on giving IM injections. They show specific places you want to inject.

I just inject "where I feel it's right." Don't do what I do!. Done it many times (maybe far too many), never had a problem but that's my choice. Don't take my layman's advice. Find a medical site that gives step by step instructions.