• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravity of the situation

Nkay so ya just fucked up and left the tie on while shooting and 80% of a 3 point meth shot just leaked out into your fleshy flesh and all that caustic shit they make meth out of is totally fucking up your arm, now its swollen to the size of a huge egg, you have lost feeling to parts of your arm, it fucking hurts, and shit, no more dope.. or ya do who cares at this point you have become a health professional, GOT IT! I don't care if you just spent 2 grand on the fuckomator 6000 fucking machine and you were gonna see if you could take being gang raped for days after the shoot, its now just a memory, you are a doctor a nurse and the guy that roams the halls of the hospital. Point is if you will not go to the emergency room then YOU MUST now put all else aside and spend the next 24 hours caring for YOURSELF! You can mitigate the circumstance, it can be handled but understand this is serious you are now a doctor. It fucking sucks yes, but not nearly as much as loosing a limb, which IS a very real possibility. You will NOT shoot again to prove you can do it, NO MORE DOPE for you... party is OVER ! First we are going to try to dissipate the area with heat, soak the arm or area in warm water 20 minutes then a 10 min break, then 10 min ice pack.. or frozen peas whatever, then 20 min with area elevated no temperate conditioning. and REPEAT for the next 12 hours or so and hopefully in a few days it will just be a small hard lump the size of a pea, conversely if you do nothing , no fucking arm at all ~ and look if you think you may be somewhat intellectually incapacitated or deficient in any regard then forget IV drug use, do a search here on PLUGGING ! The effects are similar and you cannot get your ass amputated.//// i hope.

sidebar/// the previous 12 hours just happened to me... fuckmylife
F L A I L

err and i do believe he was joking about his penis....

Last edited:
So to follow up, it is 3 days later and my method did work. no swelling, no bruising, just slight tenderness and alot of regret.

I am pretty much new to H, using for about 5 months....I never shoot myself up, a friend always does it for me and I snort when he isn't around. But In both of my arms, there are several spots where he shot me up that have developed these very hard lumps. They dont hurt, except one on my right wrist which hurts when I bend the wrist backwards. They are rock hard lumps. I don't want to go to my GP because I obviously don't want him to know that I have been using. Does anyone know if these will go away on their own? How long will they be there? Is there anything I can do to assist them in healing?

Second part of my question is.....Finding viable veins has become almost impossible!! What is the best and easiest way to find viable veins? Since I don't shoot up everyday, and I have only been using for about 5 months, I have heard I should still have a lot of viable veins still available however, I cannot find them!!!

any heroin users with a background in medicine?

My boyfriend has been using heroin introveinously for the past 2 years. Recently he started taking methadone and his heroin use has dropped drastically. He would frequently get abscesses in his arm while using heroin regularly, but since he's stopped, he's only had one, on his left forearm, which just stopped draining a couple days ago.
Since stopping the heroin , he's also been experiencing some severe pain in his left hip, on the same side of his body as the abscess. He says that the pain is everywhere in and on his hip. It's painful to touch, painful to walk, he has decreased mobility, stiffness, inability to bear weight unless he's taken a handful of Aleve. I bought him a bottle of 100 aleve 5 days ago and the bottle is gone today. Hes been laying on a heating pad too. There is no swelling or discoloration on the hip, it looks exactly like the other one.
He fell off a ladder at age 13 and had to have a cortisone injection in his left hip shortly after. He says the hip has been fine ever since. The weather has been very cold this past week so thought maybe it could be the cause of the pain at first. But today he told me that he's now experiencing painful urination. A stinging burning at the tip of his penis when he urinates. He says he doesn't feel feverish. What kind of doctor would you reccomend seeing. An orthopedic doctor or an infectious disease doctor? We already tried the emergency room yesterday, before the painful urination symptom, the staff was very rude to him and refused to do an mri on the hip. They only did an exray and told him it looks like early onset arthritis. I think they thought he was there seeking drugs, personally.

Can some help me out ?
last night iv'ing mephedrone, I only missed a tiny bit, there was no redness, swelling, discoloration of any sort...today when I got out of the shower I noticed a weird feeling gs and now all of a sudde my arm is purple/bluish , with red around it, and is hot to touch...

I'm real scared and can't figure out if it is infection, and why would it have formed like that when it was fine last night ?

Or is it something else ? It is about the size of gold medal...not very raised, just really weird colored

SSomeone help

ok kinda worried i just got over a major infection in my left arm recently and have stayed away from it since it got better for about 3 weeks but i must have some serious nerve damage because i cant feel when i miss anymore and i cant feel it get hot unless i touch it with my other hand, i recently tried to hit it and now my hand tingles and feels cold theres no swelling at the site and no pain the vein is still there i'm just not sure whats goin on and how to deal with it to prevent it from happening again i've tried going above and below the area but end up with a similar problem and my hands are out of the question since i use them daily to work with my angle is always shallow and the needle sharp any advice or theory's would be welcome i've been at this a little over a year and just recently had this problem i like to think i've kept myself informed but i'm just not quite experienced enough yet thanks for letting me rant about myself message me if u have something to say about this i'm interested to hear from you guys and galls.

Confused about misses

I have done a number on my arm from a bad injection of meth. The bend in my arm is hard as a rock and as big as one. It's been days and no sign of change. Hot?? Cold?? ER ?!?! I'm not sure.

Welcome to bluelight. I'm going to move your thread.

Homeless -> Other Drugs (IV complications megathread)

I have done a number on my arm from a bad injection of meth. The bend in my arm is hard as a rock and as big as one. It's been days and no sign of change. Hot?? Cold?? ER ?!?! I'm not sure.

Definitely ER if it's been days.

Is it possible to register yet not be in the vein? Like poking through and drawing blood from outside the vein as it leaks out. I feel like even though I register and see blood I miss. This last time it looked more like water instead of blood after I pulled the needle out, but it doesn't seem like I missed. Just can't figure out if I am missing or not as there's rarely a rush except with my dilaudid.

Edit : \answered/ thank you as well. I thought I couldn't be missing, but sometimes it stings or feels strong going in like a miss, but it's probably just the dope quality.

Last edited:
Is it possible to register yet not be in the vein? Like poking through and drawing blood from outside the vein as it leaks out. I feel like even though I register and see blood I miss. This last time it looked more like water instead of blood after I pulled the needle out, but it doesn't seem like I missed. Just can't figure out if I am missing or not as there's rarely a rush except with my dilaudid.

First off, your crooks should be your easiest. If you are registering and drawing blood, it's pretty hard to miss. Double and triple check by pulling back and drawing a bit more blood as you are injecting if you want to be absolutely confident you are in the vein for the whole shot. IMO if you push through a vein, you won't draw blood when you pull back.

im not sure if i have a abscess and if i do well the methadone clinic still let me in

I have a lrg bump on my arm from muscling its not red but it hurts ? Is that a abscess ? An from what ive heard the clinic that im trying to get into does not let ppl in that have abscesses has anyone heard this before?

I believe if you have a tourniquet on but it is too tight you are slowing blood flow below the tourni to the point that when you register you get a little blood dribble out as it just isn’t flowing properly and as you push the plunger the solution can’t travel up the vein and as the blood will take the path of least resistance it can leak back out the vein around the needle and it starts to miss... just my opinion...

Edit : \answered/ thank you as well. I thought I couldn't be missing, but sometimes it stings or feels strong going in like a miss, but it's probably just the dope quality.

Interesting as my newer tie offs work better. My problem was too steep an angle. I've been more careful keeping the sharp near perpendicular going along the vein rather than poking in.

I have a lrg bump on my arm from muscling its not red but it hurts ? Is that a abscess ? An from what ive heard the clinic that im trying to get into does not let ppl in that have abscesses has anyone heard this before?

I merged this into the IV complications megathread.

numb arm day after shooting heroin

yesterday i shot heroin in my right arm but missed causing the normal side effects. So i stopped using that arm the next day (still not using that arm) i had a numb tingling feeling in that arm almost a weak tight feeling from my elbow to my hand. Do you think i hit a nerve or what may the cause be?

yesterday i shot heroin in my right arm but missed causing the normal side effects. So i stopped using that arm the next day (still not using that arm) i had a numb tingling feeling in that arm almost a weak tight feeling from my elbow to my hand. Do you think i hit a nerve or what may the cause be?

Hi 120491gjz, Well come to Bluelight!

Well the short answer is, quite possibly! Longer answer, though usually when you hit a nerve while injecting you will know right away because it can be extremely painful (fairly short lived providing you move the pin as soon as you feel the pain.). The pain would be very sharp (no pun intended), it would basically feel like electricity shooting through the area you shot in. It can be quite intense. Sometimes it can be a sharp burning sensation and when you really nail a nerve, in your arm for example, your muscles may twitch a time of two somewhat violently.

If you had no feeling like that at injection, it doesn't mean you didn't hit a nerve, all depends, if your majorly snowed at the time, your brain may just not feel it, but this I would think is fairly rare.

I don't know your IV use history, but if you have a long history of IV use, or intense IV use, and you have collapsed, destroyed, blocked a number of veins in your arm, and you happen to miss again but in a way that caused damage to yet another vein, you could certainly get the feeling you are describing.

More then likely however, you probably shot very close to a nerve could possibly cause local anesthetic like feelings. I have never used heroin so that last statement is more of an educated guess, however, heroin has been known to be cut with local anesthetics such a lidocaine, dimethocaine, rocaine, among others. So it's all possible.

Glad it has since cleared up so it's likely not anything more problematic.

Good luck and please be careful!

Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.