• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Opiate Withdrawal.

So, I'm new to this site, and need to post. My spouse is deployed, and I'm prescribed 15mcg Butrans patches for chronic pain. I too served and deployed to Iraq and suffered injuries. The addict that I am, I found a way to abuse the patches, resulting in my monthly supply from the doctor to be gone through faster than when I can get it refilled. So I'd wait a few days, then get 60 tablets of hydrocodone 10mg, but the addict that I am, they only lasted 4 days. I'm so sick of being hitched to opiates. I've been to rehab twice, but each time I returned home I overdosed within months. I have been sober for as much as seven months before, but I believe every time I relapsed I was experiencing PAWS, but didn't know what that was at the time. Anyway, I've had my last opiate on Tuesday afternoon, but decided to drink 1 1/2 big bottles of wine Wednesday - Friday. Obviously not a good idea. I'm shaking, running a fever, goosebumps, insomnia. Typical withdrawal symptoms. I guess I just need some motivation, and I just want to get over that curve (day 5 or 7). I'm not sure if the alcohol use just made withdrawals last even longer. Anyway, thanks for the input.

Hey guys, posting outta love here. I've been fighting the Jones and withdraw symptoms using ghb. I dunno how, but it works. When I dosed, I literally watched my joints involuntarily jerk and spasm,although I wasn't feeling any pain. Each dose lasts 4hours. It even helps the icy, skin on fire feeling. You have to take a good dose though. Start with 1ml. Don't overdose! But, shooting here opiate free and the kick almost painless.

Sickofbeingsick: It sounds like you have bigger troubles than opiate abuse. Were you seeking the help of drugs and alcohol before your
military service? Perhaps you are actually self-medicating with the pills because of something like bi-polar disorder.
Myself as an example: I was a functioning alcoholic for about 15 years. A liter or more every day. Good family life, wife, kids, house, job, etc. Mis-diagnosed as bipolar and depressed. Tried a couple of different meds with no luck.
At age 40 I finally figured out that I have high-functioning autism. I had been drinking that whole time to try and make my autistic mind fit into normal society.
The only thing anybody could see was that I was a drunk. Nobody cared to find out what was the driving force behind my drinking. Once I figured out what was really wrong, my life started getting better instantly. I had some help, but I quit drinking and I have completely lost my taste for booze. That was 2 1/2 years ago.
You could be suffering from ptsd, Asperger's, or plain old depression. If you can learn why it is you need to escape from life then getting clean would be easier and it might really stick next time.
Just a suggestion......

Thanks for the reply. I actually have a weird kind of PTSD. I've seen and been through some really bad stuff during my 15 month deployment and have the typical nightmares, flashbacks. But more than that I just can't shake being a soldier and the high I got from saving lives on the battlefield as a combat medic. I just feel like I only belong on a deployment. I've seen therapists, tried to work stuff out. They way over-medicated me on clonazepam, adderrall, and about 7 other drugs. My husband is still active and I don't really get any time to work out my issues. He deploys a lot, so I have to pick up the pieces at home. Plus, it kills me to watch him succeed in the Army. Anyway, I have chronic pain but I also know I use opiates to numb all the emotional turmoil I have built up inside. I wouldn't even admit I had symptoms of PTSD for over 6 years, and that's terrible coming from a medic. Anyway, I desperately want to stay sober, and I'm honestly needing to know how to get there and stay there.

That's rough. When life hurts, you usually go back to whatever makes it stop hurting. If it's prescribed then it's 'treatment'. If not then it's an 'addiction' .

It depends on how certain people react to prescribed medications. I know some people who used opiates to kill the pain and their happiness were related merely to their wellbeing. When the treatment was over they only had to take medication to taper, but they didn't really want that. They were fine because they were cured. Apparently some people don't have an addictive mind so to speak.

This is difficult for me to understand because when I had my first dose of opiate back when I was in hospital ages ago, it was like love at first sight. On the other hand, my mother used morphine/fentanyl etc for years due to a painful thrombosis. As soon as she operated and the pain was gone she was off meds in less than 3 months. Why didn't this happen to me?! Don't we inherit bad genes, how about the good ones? Go figure...:\

See my mother is/was an alcoholic, and my dad was a workaholic. But he was a Vietnam vet and had severe PTSD too. I know I have an addiction, because the way I take the medications. As I said, I found a way to abuse the Butrans patch, rather than just putting it on and leaving it on for 7 days. I do it because I get more medicine faster, plus opiates give me crazy energy. Despite all my injuries, I'm a machine on opiates and can do anything. I can deal with the emotional stuff and have been. But I can't help but know I'm hooked to these things. I've made it to day 7 free from opiates, but still have some pretty wicked withdrawal symptoms. It's just really tough, because I know I can just go get those prescriptions. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Somehow it is definitely easier to "quit" when you've run out and can't get anymore. I have considered many times just telling my dr to cut me off..... and then my legs hurt and my mind is garbled and I go get another prescription.

Exactly, that can't be truer for me. I've done a lot of reading, and I know our minds play tricks on us when we are withdrawing. The body will do ever play in the handbook trying to convince you need them. I guess for me it's the unbearableness of the withdrawal symptoms, and it seems to be getting longer and longer for me.

Hey sick of being sick, hope you are feeling better! I am on day 4 and feel like total crap. You are on 7 ?
I took about 90 -110 mg oxycodone 10/325 a day for 3 years.... ugh.
Hope and love my fellow addicts!

I have went through minor/ mid withdrawal about 100 times.. noticed Adderall helps a ton if that is available to you.. I tend to get into oxy binges.. whiffing over 150mgs a day for 1 to 2 weeks or so into a good binge. . First four days suck.. Adderall keeps you alert and normal.. not so tired. It also dried you out a bit for the runny nose and tears syndroms. But, still going to shit your brains out at some point... if Adderall/Vyvanse is not available... Look for some Kratom at your local headshop... This stuff also helps I have found. If no of the above.. DayQuil.. or a low dose aniehistamine and Tylenol... Maybe anti diarrhea. Have not found anything for puking.. but that usually doesn't t last long.. and it is what it is..

Okay so I'm on yet another WD from hydro's biggest amounts taken have been 120/ a day tried cutting it down to 50 which doesn't help. My BIGGEST issue is insomnia from it, I already have this issue so it makes it even worse with the wds . tonight I have so far taken 3 10mg ambien, 3 200 mg ibuprofen, 2 leg cramp pills, and 3 300 mg gabibentin
I was wondering if I could take some more ambien to get some sleep. I had maybe 4 hours split up sleep last night and none tonight and tomorrow is my sons 11th bday. I read that someone snorted 1 should I snort and take one to get my ass to sleep?

I feel ya, my moms addicted to benzos, my dad was addicted to opioiods but now does methadone treatment, one sister is an alcoholic and the other is hard opioids even H at times. I was the youngest and stayed away from it all, even when my psychiatric offered xanax years ago I said no. For years I turned down opiods due to my injuries which are in repairable and now just got diagnosed with Lupus, extreme vit d deficiency, and severe hyper mobile disorder they gave me vicoprofen which did wonders but I got immune quickly, I tell them that and they gave me butrans patch with BT vico. That didn't work so they gave me suboxone strips 4 mg, worked. But then I lost my job so I lost my insurance which means I cannot see the doc without 350, so now I get to suffer through wds

Iperkin- Extra Ambien won't kill you, but sometimes the hangover from that alone can be pretty bad.

I swear I am in withdrawl from oxy for several hours every day and I am not lowering my dose. I take 15 to 30 mg oxy + 1 gram Tylenol: it takes 45 minutes to start working. I get relief from my pain for an hour then about an hour of the pain coming back, then I am in full withdrawal (mostly body aches and scrambled brains). That's roughly 3 hours after I take my pills I go into withdrawls. Is that really possible? My pain mgmt dr says no, which turns out to be good because he keeps writing me the prescriptions I need.
Has anybody had this happen to them?
I'm trying to taper back to a lower dose but this phenomenon is msking it impossible to just stay at my prescribed dose.

Well y'all I'm on this hell again. Last year it was my fault but last 3 months I got screwed. This time she only gave me 2 weeks since moved me back to 8mg. Fine then I message her I'm almost out cause I'm out of town and head of clinic said no more mailed scripts. So i gotta wait till June first and go 324 miles cause this shit. I'd swore I'd never ever go thru this hell again. Suckiest thing ever ain't it y'all. My buddy who was addicted to heroin for 10 years but clean now 7 says that horrible feeling of bones aching is calcium. Apparently opiates rob you of calcium do gone it all comes rushing back on bones you never knew you had an ounce wrong? Tossing and turning every 20 sec all day and night is worst. Plus I have an ostomy bag and usually on my Dilaudid I empty like 4 times a day. In pillsick its like that an hr or more. I talked to some friends on a site forum for ostomys and got some good advice about what to eat. Basically just a PB and applesauce and no dairy at all or red meat or salad or much sugar. Fuck a dam hay straw?? Haha. So I'm checking on here l know the deal nothing in world helps this except opiates trust me if I had some money I'd be copping some dope for sure haven't been on 8's all year plus I iv for pain reason I don't get a rush anymore just the relief except after I'm sick and do a hit. Like make up sex, lol. In use immodium for the ostomy. I take like 20$ and is worth it but I'm broke as crap for first time ever so I'm little stressed and distracts but if y'all heard what I did ya woulda said same thing. i heard passionflowe is good and clonidine sucks and DXM works for me even shou my Adderall one night and it took it Alene nobody liked it ? Seems tame for some of y'all. All I have is a Gatorade and pb and a panicky so I'm done. Supposed to
Be a orders cquyen when they were tour but who cars more thats. That about it till I take my kid of visit then go to LA o
Really hope this hasn't woken any pain in the ashes yall have had. Gotta rough it thru . We know that especially our lifestyle. So do y'all know anwthinh I can do with this hell. Hot showers help but kill my bag i only have so much. Hopefully I'll have my dillies end of week or earlier. Ive been alone so it's been chill but Dad and girl come home tomorrow and wouldn't know opiate withdrawal if it slapped them so it's gonna be challenging and shouldn't even be an issue. Ya know? I shoot Dilaudid synthetic heroin I may as well switch I can get dope easier. That's just sad. More expensive oh well. Ive actually been dopesick before never ever ever again I swear. That's what got my boy clean and keeps him clean never wants to feel that way ever again. But ill be in a wheelchair in a year with an iv im only 42 so it sucks I have a kid but sometimes things are just not in our control. Sorry for the book and no paragraphs in bad for that. Any tips would be good cause I'm dying!!! Another night up. So tired can't sleep so hungry can't eat so on y'all know. Thanks BL fam wish y'all luck:)

Mostly a question. Swim was clean for 2 years and moved back home. Now swim is back on suboxone for about a month daily. Should swim taper off the bupr or do you think swim could handle it because sarin had cold turkeyed H on a couple of occasions. Just wondering if one month would be long enough for serious wds or what. Thanks in advance

Try kratom it will help u keep detoxing it binds to the same opiod receptors and any pain killer but at the same time you will get clean

How much kratom is one supposed to take for opiate withdrawals symptoms- I feel like I'm taking too much but I don't even care.