• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psilocybin Mushrooms Thread

Hmm thats good to hear, especially considering it can't hurt to try :)

Mushrooms usually come on within 20-25 minutes for me, or at least with 5g or more doses. Did it come on any more quickly for you?

Hmm thats good to hear, especially considering it can't hurt to try :)

Mushrooms usually come on within 20-25 minutes for me, or at least with 5g or more doses. Did it come on any more quickly for you?

With the lemon tek I get that first alert/something is different/adrenaline feeling in 4-5 minutes. After that time is sorta hard to tell as the comeup is quite fast and sudden. Once I tried the lemon tek I felt like I'd never really given psilocybin a true test before. The colors, the alternate dimensions, the spirituality, the unmatchable body high, just pure fun, really. I felt as if I was a god. I think we did 5g in the lemon tek and a couple 2g shroom chocolates. We stayed in aliengodsupercolorland for a good while.

It's weird when you come down and look at the clock and it's only been like 2 hours when it feels like 5 or 6

1.) grind dry mushrooms to powder (coffee grinder/mortar & pestle)
2.) put powder in shot glass
3.) cover with lemon juice (citric acid is the key, so lemon juice is best)
4.) mix powder every 5 minutes for 30 minutes
5.) OPTIONAL: top with apricot nectarine FRS energy drink (fucking godly flavor)
6.) take shot

the citric acid breaks down the psilocybin into psilocin (this is usually what your stomach must do, and why the effects take a while to come on) so your body does much less work and the active alkaloids are delivered straight to your dome in one heap

Would 3.5 grams of powdered psilocybe cubensis fit into a single (1.5 fl oz) shot glass with enough room for adequate lemon juice?

I assume 100% pure lemon juice?

^^Yeah probably, youd be surprised how much shrooms are made of air.

For comparisons sake, an entire ounce of shrooms can fit into the bottom half of a normal sized coffee grinder

1,5 hours? When I mixed fresh mushrooms with multijuice (exotic fruits) with a blender I swear that I could see a banner flopping very hard in a completely draft-free room within 10 minutes! That was with about 40g fresh though. (=4g dry).
I knew I was in for a rough ride but I could not have imagined the total annihilation of my ego later that evening (for hours on end).

It was not the only time I used multi juice (probably as acidic as orange juice, good enough as lemon tek substitute I guess), every time I tripped absolutely ridiculous balls. Insanity, synaesthesia, the whole shebang.

Shrooms & Schizophrenia

Okay so my friends keep bugging me to do shrooms and ive done lots of other drugs before, just not psychedelics. So if i eat say 1 g of shrooms could i go schizo? Like any chance at all?

Thanks
-Mitch

Yes. But you could also get struck by lightening, eaten by a shark, etc... none of those things are very likely though.

I suppose fireworks would be a better violent metaphor. With both, you probably won't get hurt unless you do something stupid.

Cars are definitely much more dangerous.

You should definitely read up on any type of drug before taking it though. And don't do something just because your friends want you to. This has all the makings of a bad D.A.R.E. commercial or after school special.

Yeah. But with psychedelics there can be a latent psychiatric condition that could raise problems, you cannot know that on forehand.
Okay with the fireworks metaphor you can always get hurt by someone else's fireworks, an unknown factor.

I agree though: living itself is fatal, personally I don't find trying psychedelics too reckless unless you have reasons to believe you are not psychologically stable.

If you are feeling well being yourself then psychedelics will reflect that. They bring to the surface what is deep down there. If you have nothing hidden below then you will encounter beauty, if you have things to hide for you can have a negative experience trying to run from the truth or you can have problems that you deny present themselves and they might not go away easily.

I'd relax :)

I'd say try some HBWR or Morning Glory seeds beforehand without your friends. Both of these are legal and contain LSA. LSA is less intense than most psychedelics, but psychedelic nonetheless.

There are many types of shrooms. Many, many types. Therefore "1 gram of shrooms" is meaningless. They could be potent, or not.

I'm thinking that I'll do them. My moms brother went schizo from LSD and Heroin, and I'm almost identical to him (both fairly heavy drug users lol) my past drug experiences are: lots of opiates, ecstasy, cocaine, smoke pot every day, alcohol, benzos and other pills and nitrous oxide.
I feel mentally healthy though Ive been diagnosed with mild narcolepsy. And my moms bro went schizo after using tons of acid and heroin. Does this mean I have a very high chance of developing problems off of a low dose?
And thanks for the other answers

Eating Shrooms

For almost 2 years now I have been searching for shrooms and finally found some. The guy I bought them from only had 2 grams left, so that's what I got. I have 2 grams of dried shrooms in my refrigerator right now and am waiting for a nice sunny day to do them when Im not busy.

This is my first time shrooming, but I do have a little experience with psychedelics such as MDA, MDMA, and Salvia. How bad will 2 grams of shrooms fuck me up for the first time? I know they will, but how intense will it be? Whats the most I can expect from them?

Both times I've done shrooms (1/16 oz, or ~1.7 g) I've tripped pretty hard. However I believe those were relatively strong shrooms, why don't you talk to the guy you got them from and ask him how strong they are. If you dont want to go that route just have someone else with you in case they're super strong and some weed to smoke (if you do) to intensify it if you're not happy with where you are.

My first time doing shrooms (and first time tripping) i ate 2g and was underwhelmed. Me personally would really wanna eat an eighth if i iz doin shroomz.....

everyone's different, but on average a couple grams'll get you pretty spacey, you'll be in a really cool headspace with ideas bouncing around and probably a few wavey gooey visuals :D

Eat them and just enjoy the experience that you have the pleasure in being able to experience is my opinion.

Just let go, don't go into it with any preconceived notions about what might happen; allow the experience to envelope you and just be...

<3

Last edited:
I'd say 2g is a perfect dose to start. Assuming they're pretty decent, you should get a very good feel as to what it's like to trip and be able to decide if you want to do more next time.

I'm thinking that I'll do them. My moms brother went schizo from LSD and Heroin, and I'm almost identical to him (both fairly heavy drug users lol) my past drug experiences are: lots of opiates, ecstasy, cocaine, smoke pot every day, alcohol, benzos and other pills and nitrous oxide.
I feel mentally healthy though Ive been diagnosed with mild narcolepsy. And my moms bro went schizo after using tons of acid and heroin. Does this mean I have a very high chance of developing problems off of a low dose?
And thanks for the other answers

yeah my cousin became a hardcore schizophrenic too after doing acid too many times. We have the same thing in common. I too am afraid of developing mental problems like that. I'm pretty sure I have HPPD from that shit called Salvia. Salvia felt like I smoked a hit of bleach. It felt like pure brain damage. I have yet to completely research HPPD because Im afraid of what I'll find. I got most of the symptoms I remember reading.

Im sitting on 2gs of shrooms right now, but I need to research HPPD first and ask questions about it here on Bluelight. Then I wait for a nice sunny day if all is well. Im just afraid it will get worse on shrooms. I think the last time I popped E it made it a little worse.

Im dead set on eating these shrooms. I'm drooling over them!! But every time I run out of Xanax and/or smoke too much weed, my static vision gets worse (so bad I cant even see in the dark), afterimages become more vivid, objects slowly move and get bigger then smaller, trails become much more visible in the dark, etc.

This is the ONLY thing holding me back from doing them. I've been wanting to do them sooooo fucking bad for a long time now, but I dont want to make my vision worse. Thats why I gotta research HPPD... Oh and I've had MRIs and still nothing shows up. Nobody knows what I have. It all started from Salvia though....

^ Interesting, haven't really heard many people attribute HPPD to salvia. I would guess probably because it's generally accepted HPPD is the result of psychedelic abuse (more or less) and I don't know many people down to abuse Mr. Salvia. How much MDMA have you eaten?

Besides, if you're gonna trip, mushrooms are about as benign as you can get besides mescaline, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Just got a new camera, thought I'd share a couple snippets of my grow

bfd4dff6.jpg

0746c4e7.jpg

03b02499.jpg

^ Interesting, haven't really heard many people attribute HPPD to salvia. I would guess probably because it's generally accepted HPPD is the result of psychedelic abuse (more or less) and I don't know many people down to abuse Mr. Salvia. How much MDMA have you eaten?

I started popping E a few months after I smoked Salvia the first two times (out of 4 total). I've lost count of how many times I've rolled. I used to roll a lot a couple years back. I started off doing it once or twice a month, from the day I tried it. Then after a few months, it was a once or twice a week thing, for months at a time. I would pop two at a time, then it became three, then I started to redose 5 hours later. I took a 14 month break when I realized its magic started to go away. Not a whole lot, but it was noticeable. Also my pills were getting more and more speed and piperazine cut. Now its hard for me to even find MDMA here. Since my E break, I have popped "E" twice. Both times the pills were pure piperazine(s). I will never forget the taste of those pills. :p

Ever since I took those shitty piperazine pills, my visual problems have gotten worse. Now I dont pop E anymore unless I know its real MDMA.

Nice shrooms by the way!