• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psilocybin Mushrooms Thread

Hey, I'm interested in picking magic mushrooms in the UK, and I figure I'll buy a book to help me with identification. I was wondering which book people would recommend for someone in the living in the UK. I am drifting towards the one linked below, but I am wary that it is of the world, and so do not know how much light it will shed on British species like Psilocybe semilanceata.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Psilocybin-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258298044&sr=1-1

has anyone tried the choclate truffel mushies b4? they are susposely hydroponic n are from Cali. I've only taken em one time, and they tasted like gras clippings. I think they were the Fly Alrgic (sp?) mushies? dunno, i wanna trip I jus dont wanna be puken my brains out. :\

I don't think that mushrooms can be grown hydroponically. They need to have a substrate for the mycelium (sp?) to grow on, they don't have a root system which grows out into water like plants.

Just wanted to show off my first flush :) im real happy!!

IMG00648.jpg

2 days later

IMG00652.jpg

hydroponic mushrooms???

I don't think that mushrooms can be grown hydroponically. They need to have a substrate for the mycelium (sp?) to grow on, they don't have a root system which grows out into water like plants.

This question seems to pop up every several months on the list. Mushrooms as most people know them are just the fruiting part of the mushroom plant that grow from the mycelium that is growing in a mass of organic supporting material. The organic matter can be corn cobs, cow manure, rice or a mix or inorganic and organic matter...perlite..in order to provide a support for the mycelium and the fruiting bodies. This is how most mushrooms are grown.
Hydroponic means grown without soil, using a water based system to provide nutrition and some other structure to support the plant. I imagine a hydroponic system, where mycelium are grown in an inert fiber mesh in water with nutrients could be done. But I have never heard any discussion of commercial mushrooms being grown this way, nor other mushrooms.

growth of mycelium in a liquid medium is common for commercial expansion of sterile culture. however it is not possible to fruit mushrooms on such a substrate.

hey everyone i have a few questions and i hope its ok i ask them here bc i'm too lazy to do any searches...

so everytime the bf and i shroom i usually make a tea [with lemon, vanilla chai, and ginger] because he pukes if he eats em straight [even if he eats them in peanut butter etc]. he never pukes when i make the tea.

i was wondering though, does making a tea really extract everything it should? like, would eating an eighth be more potent than making a tea using an eighth? [when i make tea it only lasts for an hour or two...is this normal for making a tea?]

anyway i think i know what the answer is and i'd rather have a stronger and more lengthy trip, but it frightens me when i see my bf throw up. also, does my bf's trip become weaker or shorter if he throws up at the beginning?

we want to shroom again soon so i was jw if we should try eating them or just make the tea like i usually do.

one of my other friends suggested he eat them with more than just peanut butter, maybe on pizza instead. would that be better?

thanks <3

Shroom tea hits faster - the loss in potency ( from P.semilceanta) is not that significant - cubensis on the other hand are a bigger fruiting body & whether that serves to prevent psilocin from being dissolved as easily I couldn't say.

Just grind em up, steep for 20 minutes and drink the tea over the course of a half an hour. It will slow the onset, make it last a little longer and I've never noticed any considerable loss of potency from making tea with ground shroomage.

I've always felt that eating mushrooms delivered more of a kick than making tea out of them.

Then again I've never used a whole eighth in a glass of tea before.

Hey, I've got a question which I reckon at least a few people should be able to answer with ease here. In 2007 I went to Amsterdam with some mates for a week. During that time I tried mushrooms twice, once on the second day of the seven and once on the last day. At the time I was pretty much a novice when it came to drugs of any kind, so I fine with the strength ratings given by the head shops, with the strains listed in increasing potency. In such charts the weakest were always 'Mexican' whilst the strongest 'Hawaian'. My question is, what strain was 'Hawaian' likely to be? On the second trip I ate a box of them and I'm curious to know what strain they were. I'd like to try them again at some point as the trip was one which even after LSD, DMT and a variety of 2C-Xs, still remains completely unique in many aspects.

As a further, less pressing request, if anyone can remember the entire list of mushrooms that were/are sold in most headshops (the list was almost universal, I saw the same strains for sale ninety percent of shops) I'd be interested to see it.

Copelandia Cyanenscens and Copelandia Tropicalis are Hawaiian magic mushrooms and are much stronger by weight than Mexican magic mushrooms. You probably got Cyanenscens.

OK, so on friday night I had mushroom tea for the first time.

I hadn't had it before because I hate the taste of most fresh mushrooms apart from chicken-of-the-woods, and usually just chew on my liberty caps til they're completely mush.

My friend made a mushroom chai - used about 7 grams for 5 of us...

>WOW - crazy experience. It gave me my first alerts around the 10-15 minute mark after I'd drunk most of my tea, finished it really fast once it had cooled down a bit, then all of a sudden hit me really hard!! Wow I thought.

Found it a lil overwhelming the body feeling at first, not nausea just...can't describe it. But it was amazing. Found the visuals weren't amazingly strong til I stepped outside, then I couldn't work out how to get home, because wherever I looked it looked like a dead end...so went back in the house.

The body high was unlike anything I've had before, but reminded me of a 2C-E sensation a little.
Great way to dose mushrooms if brewed right, next time will dose higher - I wanna get at least up to a +++.

Scubagirl200 said:
i was wondering though, does making a tea really extract everything it should? like, would eating an eighth be more potent than making a tea using an eighth? [when i make tea it only lasts for an hour or two...is this normal for making a tea?

really?? I found it lasted about the same period of time...but I found it harder to get to sleep! I can usually go to sleep really easily on mushrooms...well not REALLY, but takes me an hour & half MAX, much like sober haha.

Last edited:
Just found two, 2 gram chocolates in the downstairs freezer - had totally forgot I had them! Jackpot.

with tea there is a loss of potency or active ingredient, but there is no loss and still a different feeling if you

1. dont heat up the tea, i'm not sure how hot is too hot, but heat destroys our active ingredient.

2. eat the gunk after the tea! it's moist so they're way easier to consume than dried mushrooms.

as for your mates throwing up issue.... I gag alot while chompin em down, but still love them, they're kind of REALLY funky tasting but I love/hate it.

maybe he just hates it :p, aquired taste

Only tripped on shrooms once with weed. Was more of head trip to me. Made the "thought loops" stronger.

BTW that is the only time I've ever smoked on a trip from any psyche. Not really a big fan of weed.

Hey,
I was wondering if anyone has tried this technique and i was wondering how good it has worked out for them? Oh, and i was wondering if it actually made Psilcybin mushrooms.

http://www.shroomery.org/10473/Cybers-Cheep-CD-Spindle-Grow-Tek

Thanks a lot!:)

well i'd imagine this would work for a number of types of mushrooms. If you were to use psilocybin mushroom spores i would think it would work for that purpose.

and check out our Big & Dandy Psilocybin Mushrooms Thread for all your shroom related questions :)

Last edited:
Need Some Mushroom Advice

Okay, so I've been thinking about trying mushrooms. I've done ecstasy before and frequent with marijuana. I've also done nitrous oxide and ketamine, but have never tripped on anything.

I want to do it, but I'm honestly scared stiff. I've read about some pretty scary things during trips. Being the anxious, sketched out person I am, I'm easily panicked. I feel like if I started getting scared, I would just stay scared.

So I need some advice. Anybody have any tips or anything to stay calm on the first trip? I've never understood how people can just be totally calm and collected on the first time doing any drug, because I always freak out, but then do it anyways.

Also, I'm excessively terrified of puking. Soo... Maybe if I took an anti-nausea before eating them? Any tips? I don't really want to puke.

Empty stomach or full?
What's a good dosage for me?(110 pounds, pretty short and in general small girl)
What I want is to trip, but not too hard. Like mild hallucinations and stuff looks bright, but I really don't want any out of body experiences and no forgetting what's happening and why I feel the way I do. What's a good dosage for that, assuming I have a very low tolerance, just to be safe? Will a smaller dose make me less likely to vomit and feel nauseous?

Also, is it really as scary as I seem to be making it out to be? Is there no way to avoid occasional attacks of fear?

If I start getting scared, what should I do? I feel like seeing things breathing might frighten me. =/

So, as you can tell, I'm a huge coward when it comes to drugs, haha. I worry and worry and think the worst thing is going to happen to me, no matter what people say. I just feel like if I don't like it, than I'm stuck for a few hours. It's scary for me to take that risk. What if I'm terrified? Will I just panic for 2 or 3 hours?

My tendency to be afraid is what makes me nervous. If I eat them afraid, will I ever stop being afraid? What if I forgot I took them and just freak out?

Last edited:
Honestly, if you are that scared, I wouldnt trip. Mushrooms have a (relatively) high incident of bad trips, and most of those are going to occur from anxiety.

But if you insist on taking them-

Nausea has never been a big problem for me, but I've heard that ginger helps.

You shouldn't take them on a totally empty stomach, but eat a light meal maybe 3-4 hours before with fruits, vegtables, and simple proteins being the most present items. Stay away from fats, oils, complex carbs, meat, dairy, etc.

A good starting dosage is between 1/2 and 1 gram, especially considering your anxiety. A small dosage will not necessarily make you less nauseos, but it certainly won't make you more (if that makes sense...everybody if affected differently).

Mushrooms can be scary, because they tend to be confusing. If you cannot handle confusion well, yes, you may get scared. However, it is extremely unlikely that you will see rivers of blood or anything like that (although it can and has happened).

The "breathing" that most people mention is just a movement in flat objects. It's really not that scary. If you do start getting scared, the best thing you can do is to remind yourself that you are tripping and it is not real, and it will end. Having a trip-sitter is also a very very good idea.

If you have a bad trip, the best thing you can do is learn from it. Try to identify why you had a bad trip and what overarching problems in your life caused it. You are extremely unlikely to stay scared forever, unless you have a family history of extreme mental disorders.

Again, I would reccomend not taking mushrooms at this time. Acid is friendlier, but even that I would say might be too much. Mescaline would be the best, but true mescaline isnt found on the streets, and dont trust anyone that says they have it.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml