• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

I Like to Draw Pictures of Random Molecules

Status
Not open for further replies.
An ultimate drug/poison?

1-(3-nitrophenyl)-1-piperidinylcyclohexane.png

If there is anything worthwhile still to find in the cathinone series, I bet it's at least one of these:

cathinones.gif

i've talked to a vendor about bk-5-mapb and bk-6-mapb.... they said that the synths of the non bk compounds are problematic enough since you either have to start from relatively far off precursors or buy expensive close precursors and that the bk versions would be competing for the same rare/expensive precursors and all that for a less potent and probably less enjoyable end product so making either doesn't make much sense right now..... now if someone was swimming in excess precursors for 5 or 6 mapb then making some of the bk versions shouldn't be too problematic

I'm interested in what some of those will do as a number of the parent compounds can be quite serotonergic while a lot of beta-ketones can be pretty dopaminergic... I wonder, is their dopaminergic action basically similar to the dopaminergic action of the parent only without most of the serotonergic (and maybe then a little less potent)?

white55 said:
i've talked to a vendor about bk-5-mapb and bk-6-mapb.... they said that the synths of the non bk compounds are problematic enough since you either have to start from relatively far off precursors or buy expensive close precursors and that the bk versions would be competing for the same rare/expensive precursors and all that for a less potent and probably less enjoyable end product so making either doesn't make much sense right now..... now if someone was swimming in excess precursors for 5 or 6 mapb then making some of the bk versions shouldn't be too problematic

Yes, I know about that, it is indeed virtually impossible to selectively substitute the less activated ring in benzofuran, so a completely different approach from usual amphetamine routes is necessary, and efficient methods rely on transition metal catalysts at some point which is certainly problematic on a market scale for a couple of reasons, I guess you can't run away from that, so the first thing to do would be to find a cheap and efficient catalyst. Working with large quantities of mixtures of positional isomer products is another problem if you don't have large preparative columns to separate them. It is nonetheless an interesting problem to solve and those beta-keto analogues might be very interesting themselves even if much of that is caused by their rarity. =D MDMA wasn't really the cheapest substance to produce from natural compounds either after all, but high demand for it prompted some synthesis advancements that were worked out by freelance chemists.

The nitro analog psilocibin looks pretty neat.. as for nitro amphetamines, here is one according to Shulgin.. DOx class.. DON entry in PIHKAL:
pihkal70.gif

#70 DON
2,5-DIMETHOXY-4-NITROAMPHETAMINE

Yes, I know about that, it is indeed virtually impossible to selectively substitute the less activated ring in benzofuran, so a completely different approach from usual amphetamine routes is necessary, and efficient methods rely on transition metal catalysts at some point which is certainly problematic on a market scale for a couple of reasons, I guess you can't run away from that, so the first thing to do would be to find a cheap and efficient catalyst. Working with large quantities of mixtures of positional isomer products is another problem if you don't have large preparative columns to separate them. It is nonetheless an interesting problem to solve and those beta-keto analogues might be very interesting themselves even if much of that is caused by their rarity. =D MDMA wasn't really the cheapest substance to produce from natural compounds either after all, but high demand for it prompted some synthesis advancements that were worked out by freelance chemists.
Well, from what they told me they are first going to work on making 5 and potentially 6 mapb, since they believe that those two compounds make more sense to make, but if they ever end up with a huge surplus of the required precursors/lab time/demand they might make some of the bk versions.

Maybe I had an idiosyncratic effect, but I really thought that 100mg of

1-(5-benzofuranyl)-2-methylaminopropane.png

5-MAPB sucked.

Weird. In what way did it suck?

I'd imagine in the same way e.g. MDAI tends to suck i.e. plenty of serotonin, but not even nearly enough catecholamines - which tends to suck. People usually try to combine 5-MAPB with a proper stimulant for the experience to be 'complete'.

And oh I so wanna try the β-keto benzofurans, I think they might be right at the sweet spot, for the reasons Solipsis mentioned. I'd be glad if you could convince the vendor you talk to of going for it =D

Idk it didn't really stimulate me like I hoped it would. It actually made me kind of delirious, I think. I remember calling my dad, who was at home (where I was too), in the middle of the night and asking him where he was in a confused state. I didn't feel particularly high from it.

KQuddTs.png

GHB anhydride, just because its possible,

also I don't think SSRI effect is quite the same as general monoamine reuptake inhibition (the 'selective' part), and wonder if MAOI + multiple monoamine reuptake inhibition produces an intrinsic toxic interaction a la 5-MeO-aMT, basically as if you combine the wrong two drugs but packed up all in one molecule.

Status
Not open for further replies.